Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

it came out a bit ago he was super abusive to his...girlfriend I think...when she was going through a really rough ectopic pregnancy and basically treated an extremely traumatic experience she had nobody but him to support her through like a big burden for him personally. He apologized for it but it was one of those things where it only came after he was getting called out on it a good bit after the fact, so most people didn't exactly feel the sincerity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

He turned out to be an abusive shithead to his last girlfriend

edit: said gf also went through an unrelated surgery some time later and he was similarly awful during her recovery. i think he blew her off to go play with pokemon cards on a stream lol

It all came out sometime last year and was bad enough that his best friend and former roommate almost immediately cut ties with him.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 30, 2022

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Yikes, never really followed him aside from knowing in passing that he was funny slapstick man, won’t be investing further

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
It is a sad reflection of the state of the internet that it is a relief that this guy was "just" a huge piece of poo poo and not a pedophile, nazi or nazi pedophile.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fil5000 posted:

It is a sad reflection of the state of the internet that it is a relief that this guy was "just" a huge piece of poo poo and not a pedophile, nazi or nazi pedophile.

yea in my post I originally qualified 'abusive' with 'just emotionally though' and realized how fuckin gross that felt that my bar is at 'oh he JUST emotionally abused his girlfriend at one of the lowest points of her life, he didn't fuckin do something like also hit her at least' with poo poo like this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well rest assured: I didn't know who he was, nor did I watch him before this weekend, but I most certainly feel the same way after this weekend.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Armitag3 posted:

130PM? That first signing better have some pee breaks

of course. it's the #1 signing

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

What show is the vest from?!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zutaten posted:

What show is the vest from?!

No one seems to know for sure. Lots of guesses in the replies.

https://twitter.com/mbmbam/status/1531308704762454016?s=21&t=zY7NuetDsP05TFtWrPekIg

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sankis posted:

Travis posted this yesterday and drat i never noticed how much he looks like his dad before

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1530591503252213760?t=mqr2ERRh0WNW8XPDmJf0Ug&s=19

They really have to stop using that smooth photo on the bottom right.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They really have to stop using that smooth photo on the bottom right.

Those are their animatronics from The Hall of Boys

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

General Dog posted:

At one time there was a rumor that LMM was working on a new version of Hall of Presidents at WDW. I think it was scrapped after Covid. But I could imagine him getting the boys involved in some way.

We could have seen Griffin as an animatronic James Garfield.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Zero One posted:

At one time there was a rumor that LMM was working on a new version of Hall of Presidents at WDW. I think it was scrapped after Covid. But I could imagine him getting the boys involved in some way.

We could have seen Griffin as an animatronic James Garfield.

If you combine Justin and Travis you get one Teddy Roosevelt

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Speaking as a former sandwich shop employee, we absolutely would've minded if some weirdo showed up with seven filled out punch cards.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

grittyreboot posted:

Speaking as a former sandwich shop employee, we absolutely would've minded if some weirdo showed up with seven filled out punch cards.

Don't these sorts of things usually have a one per customer per visit rule anyway? Like, the punch card hoarder would have to make 7 separate trips anyway.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

General Dog posted:

lol

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the griffin “don’t make your d&d bad guy an unknowable, ancient hive mind from another world” mcelroy challenge

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Apperantly Russ has covid, and Plante's wife and kid have/had covid so thats why Travis was the 3rd bestie last week.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That episode of the besties was chill as hell. Had a pretty different energy than MBMBaM and TAZ. I liked it!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the reveal of Dylan was so loving funny it's causing me to post itt about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo the reveal of Dylan was so loving funny it's causing me to post itt about it

A definite highlight, :agreed:

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
https://twitter.com/dndinacastle/status/1532422085833805836?s=20&t=uQ0pNGb5TS84nInc_Jn4eQ

For a mere $2850 United States Dollars, you can play a real game of D&D with Travis McElroy, the mind behind TAZ: Graduation, which is widely considered to be one of The Adventure Zone's campaigns.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It's rock and roll fantasy camp but for dnd

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The first two days is Travis introducing characters and the third day is them having conversations with each other.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's even funnier that it came right after the episode where they talk about how none of the side characters seem to do anything while the party is somewhere else. "You want side characters to do things while you're away? Fine, I'll have Urchin invite some rando to stay on the ship without telling you!"

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’d pay 3k for a Charlie DM

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Acute Grill posted:

https://twitter.com/dndinacastle/status/1532422085833805836?s=20&t=uQ0pNGb5TS84nInc_Jn4eQ

For a mere $2850 United States Dollars, you can play a real game of D&D with Travis McElroy, the mind behind TAZ: Graduation, which is widely considered to be one of The Adventure Zone's campaigns.

I assume someone is probably worse, but is Travis the worst professional DM in the world, like obviously not the worst DM, but the worst who does it for a job?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Almost definitely not the worst but relative to prominence maybe.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Eh, good for him. That seems like a small outfit in England, who might not even be affiliated w/ the official DnD brand. I wouldn't pay that much for the experience, but bless the nerds that do.

I want to live in a world where this is the default path for less than A list celebrities instead of Cameo. Woulda been great if Britney Spears led a campaign in the mid 2010's, or if Gilbert Godfried had.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The World Inferno posted:

Eh, good for him. That seems like a small outfit in England, who might not even be affiliated w/ the official DnD brand. I wouldn't pay that much for the experience, but bless the nerds that do.

I want to live in a world where this is the default path for less than A list celebrities instead of Cameo. Woulda been great if Britney Spears led a campaign in the mid 2010's, or if Gilbert Godfried had.

I would have paid thousands to play in a game run by Gilbert Gottfried

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
you fool!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I like how the taz reddit decided that Clint has dementia now

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Reddit: Not Even Once

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

grittyreboot posted:

Honest curiousity, more or less annoyed than someone who ordered seven sandwiches normally? If more, why?

goblin week posted:

I like how the taz reddit decided that Clint has dementia now

Well how else can you explain him not knowing a single thing about how to play D&D despite playing it bi weekly for eight years?

Just kidding, none of them know how to play

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Who What Now posted:

Honest curiousity, more or less annoyed than someone who ordered seven sandwiches normally? If more, why?

Well how else can you explain him not knowing a single thing about how to play D&D despite playing it bi weekly for eight years?

Just kidding, none of them know how to play

Trust me, there's people in my game who have been playing just as long who still don't know the difference between a check and a saving throw, and sometimes need to be reminded that unless something weird is going on or you're rolling damage, the answer to "what do I have to roll for that" is always "a d20 plus a modifier"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
On one hand they did a mini genocide, on the other hand if you don't want to be genocided dont bite adventurers who can kill you relatively easily

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
sharks giving off real Russian diplomacy vibes.

"We were forced to attack! She asked the statue questions!"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I finally finished Amnesty and Clint is powergaming at the end of that arc

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man vs Bee has broken some brains in this family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Have not listened to the newest episode, but did they ever figure out what show the vest was from?