Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Needs the PISSF----T jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Put in my first 2 hrs into the game.

I went in blind, thought I'd gently caress up character creation.

I've got 5-6 in Inland Empire, 5 in visual calc and logic.

I threw a bit into perception 4?

I *am* Officer Sorry.

If this game sticks, my next playthrough is going to be drastically different. I wonder if a hulk-smash dumbcop would be fun. Maybe a paranoid meth-head cop...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I "want" to do a high intuition/high body fascist cop playthrough with Half-Light as my signature stat but I feel like I'd hate myself by the end of it

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
The half light dialogue when you're calling random people was the most disgusted at myself I've felt with a video game, like what did I think the outcome of that situation was going to be?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Half Light Is The Best Skill™

Imagine not maxing out The Best Skill™

How else can you taste some?

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Put in my first 2 hrs into the game.

I went in blind, thought I'd gently caress up character creation.

I've got 5-6 in Inland Empire, 5 in visual calc and logic.

Inland Empire was my first signature skill. Forget Jambo; Mambo is life.

Heath posted:

I "want" to do a high intuition/high body fascist cop playthrough with Half-Light as my signature stat but I feel like I'd hate myself by the end of it

Endurance is the misogynist and fascist. Half Light is the cannibalistic, apocalyptic, action adventure thrill ride of your life, and it might also totally be a fascist.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Half-Light isn't pining for some older, more conservative era, it's just afraid of everything. As half-baked an ideology as fascism is, Half-Light is even more primal and undeveloped.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

christmas boots posted:

Half-Light isn't pining for some older, more conservative era, it's just afraid of everything. As half-baked an ideology as fascism is, Half-Light is even more primal and undeveloped.

There's a passive half light check when turning egghead into a fascist that talks about how amazing a free strong Revachol is against the horizon sun and it heals you for +1 health

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Ok wow, way to let me down little inner psycho.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Isn’t facism really about being scared of other people when you think about it though. It kind of makes sense

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

christmas boots posted:

So if I'm going for "racist tweaker" then

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

christmas boots posted:

It sounds like we need to enter *dialogue* with Half-Light, and address its anxieties.

With drugs, of course.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Every Skill Is Actually Fascist

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Caufman posted:

Inland Empire was my first signature skill. Forget Jambo; Mambo is life.

Jambo you piece of poo poo

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

EorayMel posted:

Every Skill Is Actually Fascist

Big Rammstein appropriating fascist imagery as a vaccine against fascism vibes.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
Started over yesterday after getting through day 1 once last year. Rocking the default Physical build, gonna try to push Shivers as far as I can because it's giving me fun options so far already.

The nice lady on a boat paid my 130 real bill in full and all I did was ask her nicely. I'm sure that won't bite me later!

I also punched Cuno in the face and got the full Top Gun hi five to connect with Kim. Feeling great about all my choices so far!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Think it's time to replay this, had a character building question.

If I have two overlapping thoughts,

One of which raises, say, "all learning caps" to 3

Then another which gives, say, " All FYS (Physical/Pink) learning caps raised by 1"

Assume I started with a FYS of 1, with my Signature Skill in FYS. Is my new FYS learning cap 3, 4, or 5?

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Then another which gives, say, " All FYS (Physical/Pink) learning caps raised by 1"

Assume I started with a FYS of 1, with my Signature Skill in FYS. Is my new FYS learning cap 3, 4, or 5?

Without bothering to look, I think 4? It would be 2 with the signature, 3 with Regular Cop, then 4 from Anti-Object?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

(thoughts setting new baselines takes precedence, as long as they're bigger than the original baseline, signature skill raises all learning caps in that attribute, 'raised by' thoughts are added to whatever the baseline learning is, whether it's the original or thought-based)

(I know this, because I recently had a character with jamais vu (which raises all int learnable caps by 1), a signature skill in a different int skill, and a thought that raised an int skill learnable cap to 6. The total learnable levels in said skill became 8)

Aoi fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 5, 2022

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
How many drugs have you done in this example?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
followup question: how many drugs has Harry done?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Empty Sandwich posted:

followup question: how many drugs has Harry done?

ELECTROCHEMISTRY (Easy Success): Not enough

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Pattonesque posted:

ELECTROCHEMISTRY (Easy Success): Not enough

Electrochemistry Vision Question: In Order To Save The World, I Must Do Every Drug In The World

Jimmy Noskill
Nov 5, 2010

To go back to Klassje-chat for a moment…

I just finished my first play through and I arrested Klaasje under the belief that she was the Krenel radio operator. My reasoning…

1. Joyce mentions that one of the Krenel mercs is a woman, a radio operator, and is watching the area from an elevated position.
2. Klaasje is on the roof of a building next to a fancy radio antenna.
3. Klaasje clearly had no issues with the victim’s violent past and psychopathic tendencies, even saying that if she were a man she would be the same way.
4. She lied about pretty much everything.

It seemed obvious to me that she was one of the mercs and I thought the showdown would go easier with her out of the picture. Oops.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
That's Oranjese profiling. You should do more of that.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jimmy Noskill posted:

To go back to Klassje-chat for a moment…

I just finished my first play through and I arrested Klaasje under the belief that she was the Krenel radio operator. My reasoning…

1. Joyce mentions that one of the Krenel mercs is a woman, a radio operator, and is watching the area from an elevated position.
2. Klaasje is on the roof of a building next to a fancy radio antenna.
3. Klaasje clearly had no issues with the victim’s violent past and psychopathic tendencies, even saying that if she were a man she would be the same way.
4. She lied about pretty much everything.

It seemed obvious to me that she was one of the mercs and I thought the showdown would go easier with her out of the picture. Oops.

That's actually quite a compelling theory, especially as she arrived in Martinaise at roughly the same time as the mercs (I think? Not certain on the timeline here.) Her proximity to Titus would have also been pretty useful to Wild Pines/Krenel if she was on their books.

But isn't the radio operator merc the one who shows up for the tribunal (De Paule?) And if Klaasje worked with them, surely they'd have accepted the story about it not being a hanging (unless they wanted to use it as a pretext for escalating the conflict.) I suppose by then you'd already made the arrest and it was too late. Oops indeed.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

sebzilla posted:

That's actually quite a compelling theory, especially as she arrived in Martinaise at roughly the same time as the mercs (I think? Not certain on the timeline here.)

I don't think so, I think she arrived a few months before the Mercs. Before winter. And the strike has only been on for around a month and a bit.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
What's the fix for the bug where dice-roll chances don't show up?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

sebzilla posted:

But isn't the radio operator merc the one who shows up for the tribunal (De Paule?) And if Klaasje worked with them, surely they'd have accepted the story about it not being a hanging (unless they wanted to use it as a pretext for escalating the conflict.) I suppose by then you'd already made the arrest and it was too late. Oops indeed.

Yes, Kortenauer specifically identifies De Paule as their "radist" during the Tribunal.

I just played that part this morning and had a ton of great dodge & fire rolls but my low Authority gave me like a 20% chance to save Kim even at full trust so... RIP

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I honestly have no idea how not only did I save Kim, he even joined my precinct. I also had really low authority and poor dice rolls in general, smoked and drank a bit, and internalized advanced race theory. There's no reason he should have liked me, or even listened to me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Kim is willing to overlook a whole lot if you can just solve the drat case

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

Kim is willing to overlook a whole lot if you can just solve the drat case

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I should be tried at the Hague for just reading that

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I think a lot of people miss out on Measurehead's racesplaining rant because they assume internalizing race theory = going fash. You can listen to his entire spiel, internalize the thought, and then tell him to gently caress off. He still helps, and Kim doesn't mind!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I was a fascist in my playthrough, and I missed that exchange. Incredible stuff.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
That should be an automatic game-over imo

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
My favorite part is you have no way of knowing that prompt will lead to being awful to Katsuragi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

SexyBlindfold posted:

I think a lot of people miss out on Measurehead's racesplaining rant because they assume internalizing race theory = going fash. You can listen to his entire spiel, internalize the thought, and then tell him to gently caress off. He still helps, and Kim doesn't mind!

Even then though you still live with the stain that you even gave it serious consideration at all