Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

When are video games going to stop being art?

This actually happened already, when Chiller came out in 1986. We’ve been doing nothing but fooling ourselves since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

As soon as Roger Ebert is brought back from the dead

So what you're saying is that we need to unrelease Bioshock Infinite

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

FirstAidKite posted:

God if only lol

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Khanstant posted:

still not the worst character on friends

Ranked from worst:

Ross
Monica
Phoebe
Rachel
Joey
Chandler

They're all pretty toxic though.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed an episode of friends

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

I’ll go halfsies with you, let’s just unrelease the DLC.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if bioshock infinite did not exist it would be necessary to create it

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Oh no, Sonic, he's gonna say a bad word!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's a needlemouse!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

hatty posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed an episode of friends

I liked it okay when I tried some of it but it’s pretty mid as far as sitcoms go compared to, like, Fraiser or Seinfeld.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've been home sick for 3 days and I've barely played any video games. This Covid poo poo sucks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also Seinfeld sucked. Frasier was top tier though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Walla posted:

Also Seinfeld sucked. Frasier was top tier though.

tossed salad and scrambled eggs...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night I messed around in the Water Temple. Did some stuff shockingly poorly, did some other stuff shockingly well, went to the spirit temple, then went to the shadow temple and now cannot wait to continue on Sunday.

I might beat Ocarina of Time then. :3:

Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild have both been added to my schedule on the strength of Ocarina. :hai:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Walla posted:

Also Seinfeld sucked..

Dont do this, not here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Last night I messed around in the Water Temple. Did some stuff shockingly poorly

THOSE VORTEXES I SWEAR TO GOD

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Everybody wants to talk about Friends
Monica, Joey, Phoebe, Janice, Ross, and Ben

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The 90s shows were mostly fine in the 90s and should probably be left there.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

THOSE VORTEXES I SWEAR TO GOD

Ah, but Morpha and the Dragon swirl room :)

In conclusion; how on earth did I beat any game previous to this one?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chairchucker posted:

The 90s shows were mostly fine in the 90s and should probably be left there.

Knightmare is a timeless classic :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/cBxmXzf.mp4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok let's talk LittleBigPlanet cause I'm over halfway through the story mode now. It's hard to judge this game when the whole point is that its a user creativity suite and I can no longer see the things users have created but I knew that going in. All I was looking for was some good clean platforming fun and does it provide that? Well, yes and no. The main issue with the game is that the controls are so floaty that precision platforming becomes really tricky. One of the most recent levels had a challenge of jumping up a series of tiny platforms and it's almost impossible cause you can't judge where you're going to land. That aside though the level design is pretty fab with a bunch of different gimmicks that keep things fresh (the vehicles especially never get old) and the difficulty is starting to get higher than I was expecting. The fashion Planet aspect is fun, my Sackgirl is currently an anime schoolgirl cause I'm in Japan, but the rest of the customisation is a huge bunch of take it or leave it. The graphics are very crisp, they've got that Pixar quality the PS3 can deliver when its not going photorealistic. The soundtrack absolutely slaps, probably the best part of the game. It's a nice simple bit of fun even if it's not up there with Mario in terms of quality

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Yup, that sums up LBP pretty good.
It's clearly made with a lot of care and creativity, but the platforming just ain't right.
I only played the first one so maybe the sequels are better?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Played and finished Citizen Sleeper. It was really good, probably going to be in my top 5 for this year though I'm not sure if it'll beat out Norco for best narrative game I've played this year. Interesting world and setting, good writing, just enough interesting almost boardgame-esque dice placement mechanics to mesh in some fun mechanical ways with the story themes without ever becoming - in my opinion - overly intrusive or demanding.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I played each of the LBPs once, as they came out, with friends and beers and pizza, so I have very fond feelings for the franchise.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The latest sackboy game is a fun platformer for me and the missus

But we didnt get on with lbp3, it was just too hard for either of us :whitewater:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ColdPie posted:

I played each of the LBPs once, as they came out, with friends and beers and pizza, so I have very fond feelings for the franchise.

Yeah it definitely seems like it's got good piss about with your mates/kids potential

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

tossed salad and scrambled eggs...

I'm just a stop sign

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Walla posted:

I've been home sick for 3 days and I've barely played any video games. This Covid poo poo sucks.

Get well soon. I had a potential exposure a few days ago so I have to be masked 100% of the time at home to protect my kid. Hoping I get an all clear in a few days.

In gaming news, replaying saints row 3 on switch and hoping the reboot is good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Get wella soon

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'm surprised there hasn't been an attempt to squeeze money out of old sitcoms with VN adaptations. You'd think there'd be a market for turning unused Friends scripts into cheap choose-your-own-adventure games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i too have been sick for a couple days. sore throat and general bleh feelings, but i'm feeling way better today. then again, i've taken the maximum recommended dose of dayquil for a day and a half now ):

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

i too have been sick for a couple days. sore throat and general bleh feelings, but i'm feeling way better today. then again, i've taken the maximum recommended dose of dayquil for a day and a half now ):

Get wellision soon

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i have played the pacmens i determined super pacman is the worst of them all. pacman arrangement is the cutest. pac-pal is the weirdest, they add a weird green girl who just steals items but wont kill you, but shes still a big problem since that version is unfortunately about collecting kets to unlock parts of the maze to eat rows of food. its all hosed up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
LBP:

I unlocked a winter hat and er, apparently Sackboy is a communist

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s a lovely day outside, I’ve texted three different friends this morning to see if they’d want to bbq or hang out at a park or something, none of them have answered in six hours, so that’s why I’m playing video games despite the beautiful sunny weather, ”dad”

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

It’s a lovely day outside, I’ve texted three different friends this morning to see if they’d want to bbq or hang out at a park or something, none of them have answered in six hours, so that’s why I’m playing video games despite the beautiful sunny weather, ”dad”

Wow can't believe you didn't text me I thought our bond was special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

have a rooftop party with your Nintendo Switches