Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah i was upset for like an hour and then i was like 'wow everyone i've ever known in eve is sending me dms because of this cool article thing' and i got over it

gently caress i think maybe?

bro it's on the tip of my tongue

yeah i wasn't even the most angry person at the time, there were at least 2 or 3 other miniluvvers that were super upset and z0nked him immediately

When I was with the Suddenly Ninjas we where always looking for new ways to play this terrible game.
All the old players have learned there lessons and just don't tell anyone what they do and how they do it I mean using broken game mechanics.

At the moment ''new ways to play the game'' are found and used and when it is out in the open you have several weeks to use it before ccp kicks in.

There are still ''new ways to play the game'' active I use them they still work and I won't tell anyone considering it will still be working for years I assume before anyone notice it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
there are a couple 'things' out there that only 2-3 people that i know know, and they're really good at keeping it quiet

there are ways to do completely afk and safe activities that generate pretty good isk/hr and i know one guy with 30 accounts that runs it DT to DT

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Can you ask him to send some isk to Shishkabutt

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
THE LOST CITY OF THE MITTANI

https://news.yahoo.com/ancient-city-iraq-unearthed-extreme-180558360.html

quote:

The Iraqi ancient city, located in the Kurdistan region at a site known as Kemune, was documented by a team of German and Kurdish archaeologists. The settlement was likely a key hub during the Mittani Empire, from 1550 to 1350 B.C., said Ivana Puljiz, a junior professor of Near Eastern archaeology at the University of Freiburg in Germany and a member of the research team.

"Since the city was located directly on the Tigris, it may have played an important role in connecting the core region of the Mittani Empire, which was located in present-day northeastern Syria, and the empire's eastern periphery," Puljiz said.

An i-hub even

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kesper North posted:

THE LOST CITY OF THE MITTANI

is that not :thejoke:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

SHISHKABOB posted:

Can you ask him to send some isk to Shishkabutt

suckmuhballz

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Probably small time at this point in comparison to most long time players, but I am excited that I am getting real close to 100,000,000 skill points trained.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

I said come in! posted:

Probably small time at this point in comparison to most long time players, but I am excited that I am getting real close to 100,000,000 skill points trained.

my toonies have 40m sp tops

any more is wasted, i'd rather have more toonies

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

my toonies have 40m sp tops

any more is wasted, i'd rather have more toonies

what about 69m sp or 420m sp as benchmarks?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
A week ago:

This week's promise, delivered:

Glad to be getting a discount of paying $5 a month more than I was before.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

how does it know which one is my main account

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NtotheTC posted:

how does it know which one is my main account

Those logs show everything. :colbert:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I saw they bumped up subscription prices https://imperium.news/eve-plex-and-omega-changes-are-live/, did they take the game out of "maintenance mode"?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

brand engager posted:

I saw they bumped up subscription prices https://imperium.news/eve-plex-and-omega-changes-are-live/, did they take the game out of "maintenance mode"?

What does your heart say

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

brand engager posted:

Nah

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

brand engager posted:

The next Dust 420 or vr fighter sim thing is gonna be epic though, right?

e: really though, one price bump in nearly 20 years shouldn’t be a big deal, especially with the news that alt accounts will be discounted to more or less the old price. not great for psychopaths that multibox 20 accounts but eh.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This issue going to be regular Russian players who now have to play with plex though right?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I have serious doubts that raising the price brought them a net profit.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

TheWeedNumber posted:

suckmuhballz

wowo, talk about "gently caress Goons"!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

brand engager posted:

So Eve-Online now costs $20 a month, making it the most expensive MMORPG subscription, for an MMO that CCP is no longer developing new content for. I guess if you go for the 6 month subscription then you save enough to be back at the old plan, but the monthly plan is a terrible deal.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

brand engager posted:

no, they just managed to lose $8 million last year and probably got the message "fill in that $8m hole or you're all fired"

Sickening posted:

I have serious doubts that raising the price brought them a net profit.

yes, but what would you do to try to increase revenue if you had no competent programmers left, had no money to hire any, had driven away anyone who knew anything about your game, and also you were a complete moron who had spent 20 years draining all the money out of eve to try and make something that you could legitimately take credit for

there weren't a lot of options given the limitations here

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

evilweasel posted:

no, they just managed to lose $8 million last year and probably got the message "fill in that $8m hole or you're all fired"

Eve-Online is done for if this is their solution. Sucks cause there is not going to be another MMORPG that fills the gap that is about to be created.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

pugnax posted:

vr fighter sim thing is gonna be epic though, right?

That game did look epic though, a shame it released about 2 years too early and they dumped support when VR really started to get a lot of users

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Well that sucks for what's left of the playerbase lol

pugnax posted:

The next Dust 420 or vr fighter sim thing is gonna be epic though, right?

e: really though, one price bump in nearly 20 years shouldn’t be a big deal, especially with the news that alt accounts will be discounted to more or less the old price. not great for psychopaths that multibox 20 accounts but eh.

Dust was pretty fun, having the eve fitting system in a fps allowed a lot of customization. They fumbled everything else pretty hard though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish we could have a private eve-online server. Fans are going to have to save the game at this point. CCP wants to just bury it and shut it down.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

brand engager posted:

Dust was pretty fun, having the eve fitting system in a fps allowed a lot of customization. They fumbled everything else pretty hard though

I loved having a destroyer hovering above my planet doing constant bombardments on my laptop next to me while I hooked up a keyboard and mouse to my PS3 and, as I believe the kids used to say: “pwn3d n3wbz”

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I wish we could have a private eve-online server. Fans are going to have to save the game at this point. CCP wants to just bury it and shut it down.

I’m pretty sure the stolen source code is up somewhere - I think it’s the Inferno build?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

evilweasel posted:

yes, but what would you do to try to increase revenue if you had no competent programmers left, had no money to hire any, had driven away anyone who knew anything about your game, and also you were a complete moron who had spent 20 years draining all the money out of eve to try and make something that you could legitimately take credit for

Go hard on the cosmetics sales that people have been wanting for years.

I still want my Hello Kitty Raven.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

brand engager posted:

I liked dust too, but having to unhook my PC setup to my PS3 was dumb and tedious and the reason I stopped playing, not any fault with the game itself. One can only imagine what would have become of the game if it weren't shackled to a console... though the money Sony was paying for exclusivity probably helped development.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

evilweasel posted:

Hire people from the community who knew what they were doing, and hire a second software shop based in somewhere not-Iceland.

I didn't realize they lost $8M last year. I thought they were still mildly profitable.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

Hire people from the community who knew what they were doing, and hire a second software shop based in somewhere not-Iceland.

I didn't realize they lost $8M last year. I thought they were still mildly profitable.

Eve’s revenue was down, but not sure about profit.

Isn’t that sort of what they’re doing? I know they hired Elise, and are investing in their London office.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Suitonia has become CCP Kestrel, and had to give up their seat on the (just about to end) CSM

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Suitonia has become CCP Kestrel, and had to give up their seat on the (just about to end) CSM

I dunno if that’s a good or a bad thing. Not that familiar with suitonia.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Someone posted the CCP job advert for an honest to god game designer in the thread a page or two ago. If that person was knowledgeable about EVE and a strong enough personality to say "gently caress off" every time hilmar tried to add NFTs to new features it could be a positive

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TheWeedNumber posted:

Generally considered a good rep for small-gang elitepvp:

"Suitonia is a veteran PvP pilot, PvPing for almost a decade solo or in small gangs, taking part in multiple alliance tournaments on the HYDRA RELOADED team (RIP), and a commentator / analyst for #EVE-NT Collides. He is best known in the community for the videos he produces on Youtube on the EveIsEasy channel, often using very accessible ships and low SP characters aimed at new players. He enjoys writing terrible Eve pick-up lines and bad posting in the Bringing Solo Back channel ingame."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

NtotheTC posted:

a strong enough personality to say "gently caress off" every time hilmar tried to add NFTs to new features it could be a positive

professional credentials aside, someone who could somehow manage Ted Faro's CCP Hilmar's worst trendy impulses would on their own be an enormously profit-positive hire

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Who gives a poo poo, he's now been put on permanent duty on Reddit shilling instanced crap to noobs that the Pearl Abyss heads are so insistent on filling their gacha themepark with.

quote:

Hey Amanda, there are a few different rewards that you can get from the proving grounds.

The first time you enter the proving grounds per day when it's active, you get 5000 SP from the daily challenge.

The next type of reward is the match reward can, that opens once someone wins a game and is looted by the winner (Abyssal Proving Cache), this has between 20-40 million ISK in red loot, filaments and can occasionally drop some really rare stuff like mutaplasmids and the coveted proving ground suits.

You can also get rewards from placing in the top 100 leaderboard, this will include 250,000 skillpoints, some unique character bound abyssal glory skins that can only be earned from the proving grounds, 100 million ISK and free filaments for the next few proving grounds.

If you lose a round you usually do not get anything (your ship explodes, however some formats, like the 1v1 BS and todays 2v2 format have a reward track and event challenge that will provide you with some ISK compensation for doing x amount of damage and free agency drugs + filaments every game until you complete the track.

In terms of 'fully pimped/maxed ships' we have restrictions on the meta level of items players can bring into the proving grounds, typically this will be a max of meta 5 (Up to T2 mods, no implants in slots 1-5 i.e. no snakes, no strong/event 4 boosters, no faction mods etc). But there are also more affordable and accessible proving grounds too, such as the meta 4 cruiser 1v1 we had yesterday, there is a 2v2 corvette proving ground on Saturday that is tech 1 only if you want some cheap action that doesn't require much SP.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Ah, yes. Line member game devs. Famous for being able to say no to all manner of project managers.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Dalmuti posted:

Twigand berries also stripped down nekkid and jumped dbrb's from across brobuck's basement like a dang spider monkey. That's was a fun night. Rest in pebis, brobuck

*cough funny to catch people getting nostalgic but is goonfleet.com still there I hope it is and if so is my little play I wrote still in the Goldmine? Is there still a goldmine? It's probably the best thing I ever wrote and I'd like to read it again. PM it at me or post it here in the thread I'm proud of it

the play where dbrb sucks mittani's penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

TheWeedNumber posted:

Suitonia is a good dude. If he's given any agency to implement change, EVE might have a chance.

He's not a Fart Island native though, so... we kind of know how this will work itself out.