Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can't believe pogba and salah have both turned down new deals to sign for Leeds. Many outlets reporting this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

EC10 posted:

The first time he hosed them out of tens/hundreds of million pounds was also funny yes but now it’s happened again

The first time he wanted a contract and Ferguson told him and Raiola to gently caress the gently caress off.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
https://twitter.com/AlbaniaFooty/status/1530823343250759683?s=20&t=9IevlcQi0Rb0r9DN9MnWbQ

Wary that this is another Yrda Selsavon

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

TheRat posted:

The first time he wanted a contract and Ferguson told him and Raiola to gently caress the gently caress off.

What fee did they get?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

the sex ghost posted:

Can't believe pogba and salah have both turned down new deals to sign for Leeds. Many outlets reporting this

Leeds' Football Director: Working hard. THANK YOU!

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

TheRat posted:

they sure showed him until they signed him for 80 million pounds a few years later

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
the cognitive dissonance required to pretend pogba hasnt owned man utd for over 100 million pounds

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Thanks for the breaking news that Ed Woodward is a loving idiot EC10

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lingards off as well. The Leeds landslide continues

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
bare bones

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Can't wait for some xG nonce to try and claim pogba was a good deal in the end.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Thanks for the breaking news that Ed Woodward is a loving idiot EC10

FeRguSoN tOlD hIm To gently caress OfF

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

EC10 posted:

FeRguSoN tOlD hIm To gently caress OfF

Did you quote the wrong post

edit:

I mean, Ferguson did tell him to gently caress off believing Pogba didn't have what it takes to play in the premier league despite having all the attitude and so an academy player left the club at the end of their contract, so it goes for hundreds of academy players at loads of clubs year in year out. Fast forward to 2016 and Ed Woodward, feeling he needed to establish dominance over Ferguson in the board room, decided to "correct" a Ferguson mistake and brought Paul Pogba back to United amidst much fanfare. A Paul Pogba that somehow shone in a midfield of Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal, to be the lynchpin and star of Manchester United's midfield. For an astronomical fee and astronomical wages.

6 years later, Ferguson was right, Ed Woodward is a loving idiot.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 3, 2022

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

edit:

I mean, Ferguson did tell him to gently caress off believing Pogba didn't have what it takes to play in the premier league despite having all the attitude and so an academy player left the club at the end of their contract, so it goes for hundreds of academy players at loads of clubs year in year out. Fast forward to 2016 and Ed Woodward, feeling he needed to establish dominance over Ferguson in the board room, decided to "correct" a Ferguson mistake and brought Paul Pogba back to United amidst much fanfare. A Paul Pogba that somehow shone in a midfield of Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal, to be the lynchpin and star of Manchester United's midfield. For an astronomical fee and astronomical wages.

Yes, but counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuK6r2-ziM

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

edit:

Settle down Graeme

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
pooshited

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
It looks fairly likely that Cucurella will be going to Man City as Brighton are rumoured to be signing a replacement in the fantastically named Destiny Udogie (currently with Verona).

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Lacazette is leaving Arsenal, probably to return to Lyon

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
It's possible that Sir Alex thought Pogba couldn't cut it in the Premier League. In SAF's last few seasons Man Utd won in spite of their midfield. I could see him looking at Tom Cleverly, Darren Fletcher and Anderson and going "yes you three are going to be way better than Pogba"

It's much more likely though that SAF was mad that a young player dared to ask to be paid the market rate instead of doing things the United Way™ and accepting a lowball offer.

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 3, 2022

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Andy Firth has been released from Rangers having made 1 15 minute appearance in 3 years.

Lived the absolute dream.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

It looks fairly likely that Cucurella will be going to Man City as Brighton are rumoured to be signing a replacement in the fantastically named Destiny Udogie (currently with Verona).

Udogie is very good. I was hoping Juve would sign him but that’s not looking likely now.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

bro how is this poo poo still going on. how do they just keep signing people despite not being allowed to. its nuts

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

liverpool shoudl sell salah alongside mane and just call next year a wash. theres a loving world cup in the middle of things so its gonna be weird as hell anyway. buy that canadian kid thats good in france or whatever idk

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

bro how is this poo poo still going on. how do they just keep signing people despite not being allowed to. its nuts

Don’t worry, they’re selling the rights to have weddings on the Camp Nou pitch, it’s fine

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

tbp posted:

liverpool shoudl sell salah alongside mane and just call next year a wash. theres a loving world cup in the middle of things so its gonna be weird as hell anyway. buy that canadian kid thats good in france or whatever idk

i remember arsenal being in this situation with alexis and özil, and in hindsigt, just letting both of them go would have been the best decision. Interesting to see if Liverpool learned anything seeing that play out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JBurtTelegraph/status/1533084309443293184?s=20&t=0cviah5pLvMEGG-b3oFzcg

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Any chance of this jose?

https://twitter.com/RobGuesty/status/1533094105059835904

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

doubt he goes for anything under £50m and at that price i'd say its worth it to cash in

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jose posted:

doubt he goes for anything under £50m and at that price i'd say its worth it to cash in

Is he still wanted at newcastle or do you have bigger targets now?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

hes genuinely pretty good no?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hasn't he been by far their best player for a while?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
He plays in the same position as mbappe though

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

tbp posted:

Yeah but maybe not riyadh super greens quality.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jippa posted:

Is he still wanted at newcastle or do you have bigger targets now?

he's still wanted for sure but i think due to supposed FFP restrictions anything over £50m would be taken.

tbp posted:

he is but also not the most productive. how much of that is because teams double mark him now though is hard to tell

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It'd be interesting to see ASM in a team that doesn't rely on him as the main/sole attacking outlet

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

It'd be interesting to see ASM in a team that doesn't rely on him as the main/sole attacking outlet

Just watch Grealish at city for the same effect

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Replacing Poch again, that worked last time.

ASM to spurs seems odd, feels like paratici just opening discussions with everyone who might fit a need for the team and seeing how it goes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hope he's good

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1533159014279823360?s=20&t=s2tAghAtvEIErhYFtwgjfA

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

glad that newcastle have new owners so now they can finally sign a bunch of shite players from the french league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i'll always fondly remember the time we contract loopholed half the french national team and Pardew'd our way to 5th and Mike Ashley got mad at him