Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

repiv posted:

ape printer goes slurp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

oh no these NFT bros are not ready for AI art yet

Main Paineframe posted:

nfts doing a great job at protecting people from theft

Ah so yeah my thought of "just say you own the NFT its just as good as actually ~owning~" turns out to be 100% true.

lol

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

repiv posted:

ape printer goes brrrrrrrr

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Everybody involved in this deserves to lose everything

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
We live in an age

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
1 Goblin (42069)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Computer, draw me like of of your slurp girls.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Oh boy, if somebody stole my apes and used them to impersonate me (???) I don't know what I'd do! I'd be steamin mad, that's for sure!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Deptfordx posted:

Mr President. We cannot allow an ape gap!

:coughs politely:

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Mr. President, we must not allow a slurped-ape gap!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i have literally no idea how any of this poo poo works now

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it's all on the blockchain

it just works

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chinatown posted:

It doesn't :ssh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Give me money and I will explain it to you

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Chinatown posted:

Nothing to understand, you attempting to understand it at all means you've already thought about it too much.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

lmao

motherfucker is impersonating MY APE

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

How drat hard is it to use 2FA?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chinatown posted:

evidently it doesn't

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

How drat hard is it to use 2FA?

2FA can't stop stupid people / social engineering attacks. We just had an account compromised at work because a scammer called the person claiming to be from Microsoft, told them they're about to get a MFA prompt they need to accept, and they did.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

These look way better than the actual apes

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Deptfordx posted:

Mr President. We cannot allow an ape gap!

when i met you last night baby
before you opened up yo gap
i had respect for ya, lady
now i take it all back

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Hungry Computer posted:

2FA can't stop stupid people / social engineering attacks. We just had an account compromised at work because a scammer called the person claiming to be from Microsoft, told them they're about to get a MFA prompt they need to accept, and they did.

Well, how else is Bill Gates going to pay you some of his millions for forwarding a chain e-mail to everyone on your contacts list?

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Hungry Computer posted:

The hospital that I go to does this sort of stuff all the time. Almost every piece of correspondence from them through mail, email, phone, or text looks like a scam.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Detheros posted:

These look way better than the actual apes

i thought so too haha

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

MickeyFinn posted:

The hospital that I go to does this sort of stuff all the time. Almost every piece of correspondence from them through mail, email, phone, or text looks like a scam.
Perfect security: training your users to click on random links and attachments in order to view every correspondence

Straight to IT jail: sending a readable email

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"He's scamming people out of millions in monopoly money, oh the humanity!"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like claiming that people who have been scammed out of their NFTs as “vulnerable” heavily implies some sort of mental or cognitive disability.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Booyah- posted:

https://twitter.com/BennettTomlin/status/1518605021734227968

I think hackers getting the BAYC credentials and minting like 50,000 official new apes would be one of the funniest things that could happen

"Do not click links"

jfc imagine having your life savings locked up in something where you could lose it all clicking the wrong link

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

HappyHippo posted:

"Do not click links"

jfc imagine having your life savings locked up in something where you could lose it all clicking the wrong link

1929 all over again

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
ripping my apartment down to the studs like in The Conversation... no signals, no tech, no links to click, apes safe

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

ripping my apartment down to the studs like in The Conversation... no signals, no tech, no links to click, apes safe

need help. I have lots of tools

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
finished "my adventures with your money" today at the suggestion of this thread. the takeaway is its really easy ot make money. whats the best crypto site pleasE?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

thehandtruck posted:

finished "my adventures with your money" today at the suggestion of this thread. the takeaway is its really easy ot make money. whats the best crypto site pleasE?

Why would you need an obsolete website for anything when we have decentralized immutable blockchain technology??

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
buttchain

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Booyah- posted:

I think hackers getting the BAYC credentials and minting like 50,000 official new apes would be one of the funniest things that could happen

Has anyone calculated the maximum number of... "vanilla" BAYC apes possible? I mean they have a fairly limited number of parts so there has to be a fairly low maximum number of apes.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Booyah- posted:

I'd love to see 5 billion apes, all exact repeats of the existing apes. Remember, immutable contracts are great!

Would be the best karma drop on bayc as price floor goes to 0.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

thehandtruck posted:

Closed Sea

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Viscous Soda posted:

Has anyone calculated the maximum number of... "vanilla" BAYC apes possible? I mean they have a fairly limited number of parts so there has to be a fairly low maximum number of apes.

I count 1.3 billion possible combinations: https://raritysniper.com/bored-ape-yacht-club/traits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

drk posted:

I count 1.3 billion possible combinations: https://raritysniper.com/bored-ape-yacht-club/traits

Thats only 1 ape for every 6 people. The world will seen be divided between the haves and the have nots