Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

do you not know what side of the war Yugoslavia fought on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

GrossMurpel posted:

Waterloo is a Soviet film, no?

Yeah. Bondarchuk. His War and Peace is a bit ponderous, but the battle scenes are still remarkable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

do you not know what side of the war Yugoslavia fought on

Which parts of Yugoslavia?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Which parts of Yugoslavia?

that's like saying "which parts of France fought for the Allies and which fought for the Axis"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Alaois posted:

that's like saying "which parts of France fought for the Allies and which fought for the Axis"

Yugoslavia was a federation, if not always in name

and yes, there were absolutely parts of france that collaborated more than others

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

and yes, there were absolutely parts of france that collaborated more than others

Like the town of Vichy.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Alaois posted:

Understanding the reality of France in WW2 is rough. And it made me very unhappy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

Not really, no.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/detroitnews/status/1532876440920014848?t=yJ7Wg_4TV8liHaygK3QDoQ&s=19

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i guess doing the rittenhouse cry doesnt always work

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

i guess doing the rittenhouse cry doesnt always work

The caption on that photo is great.

quote:

Jacob Blair Scott, who is accused of sexually assaulting a minor, cries out while on the witness stand after testifying about his family relationships after being asked an unrelated question during his trial in Jackson County Circuit Court in Pascagoula, Miss., on Wednesday, June 1, 2022.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

okay fine, i'll never make another movie reference that goes over your head again, i promise

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/RacingRT1/status/1532786062212349953

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Product placement is ruining this Prisoner reboot.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hey man I love Tropicana OJ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wow, first time I've seen OJ drive in quite a while

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wow, first time I've seen OJ drive in quite a while

:piss:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bored As gently caress posted:

Hey man I love Tropicana OJ

____/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It would be a lot of fun to see it during a race

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I did not expect that story to end up where it did. Each line was wilder than the last.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zil posted:

I did not expect that story to end up where it did. Each line was wilder than the last.

Still nothing compared to what happened to Mini Gordon.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fake.

The real story is no less awful, however.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I had initially assumed that the "8 highschool coaches" was part of the exageration, but no I guess this high school had 8 coaches (well, 7 assistant coaches). How many coaches does a hs football team need?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1533116424759156737

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Saw it coming.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Everybody start saving up your bests stories for the demon page

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

This one ape, not gone.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Content warning: child abuse

B.C. elementary school teacher suspended for cracking backs, pinching trapeziuses
https://www.vicnews.com/news/b-c-elementary-school-teacher-suspended-for-cracking-backs-pinching-trapeziuses/

LOL obvious clickbait title is obvious. What really happened?

quote:

Parents told the commissioner Desbiens was regularly performing a move on boys in his Grade 4 and 5 classes known by them as the “back-breaker.” Students say Desbiens would place his knee in their backs while pulling backwards on their arms and shoulders, without using his full strength.

Some students perceived it as punishment, the commissioner found, and on one occasion a group of them nominated a classmate to “sacrifice” themselves for the treatment, so others wouldn’t have to experience it.

In other instances, the commissioner says Desbiens would pinch a student’s trapezius muscles to the point where it hurt. He was also known to pretend to strike students by slapping one of his hands into the palm of his other hand above their heads. Once, the commissioner found, he accidentally hit a student’s head doing this.

Holy poo poo, what? That's flat out assault. How many years is this guy suspended for?

quote:

A parent complained to Desbiens about his methods in 2018 and the district suspended him for three days without pay in 2019, along with requirements to attend a counselling session on boundaries and expectations.

Earlier in his career, while working in Vancouver, Desbiens was also reprimanded for using masking tape to tape shut a student’s mouth.

Given this history and the four new complaints, the commissioner decided to suspend Desbiens for five days and have him take a course on positive learning environments.

:stare:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

They really threw the book at him. A pamphlet more like. a page, they threw the page at him.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

By popular demand posted:

They really threw the book at him. A pamphlet more like. a page, they threw the page at him.

It was a sticky note with a frowny face on it

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
A grimacing face at best. More likely a smirk.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Garrand posted:

I had initially assumed that the "8 highschool coaches" was part of the exageration, but no I guess this high school had 8 coaches (well, 7 assistant coaches). How many coaches does a hs football team need?

Granted, my state is cuckoo for high school football, but 8 is a few smaller than biggest staffs here. The crazier, better booster supported schools have position coaches, on top of the offensive and defensive coordinators, who are not to be confused with the head coach. And not to be confused with the JV program, either.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Content warning: child abuse

B.C. elementary school teacher suspended for cracking backs, pinching trapeziuses
https://www.vicnews.com/news/b-c-elementary-school-teacher-suspended-for-cracking-backs-pinching-trapeziuses/

LOL obvious clickbait title is obvious. What really happened?

Holy poo poo, what? That's flat out assault. How many years is this guy suspended for?

:stare:

throw this man in jail for doing 1980s wrestling moves on children

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Article is pay wall but all you need is the headline

In 1940s, fed-up moms chased hookers out of Hamtramck with mops

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2022/06/05/hamtramck-history-dodge/7456440001/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/engadget/status/1533863101325627392

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Zero One posted:

Article is pay wall but all you need is the headline

In 1940s, fed-up moms chased hookers out of Hamtramck with mops

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2022/06/05/hamtramck-history-dodge/7456440001/

The funniest part of this headline is "Hamtramck"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/theage/status/1534060494214029312

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I can't conceive of a situation where putting cabbage on a burger would be better than not putting cabbage on a burger.