Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

That’s a shameful burrito to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Brother Tadger posted:

That’s a shameful burrito to begin with

London.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Tip: make your burritos small, so they are 50% flour tortilla, where the real taste comes from.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You just lick the edge seal like a joint

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I use a smear of refried beans as glue

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Do they know that they are supposed to hold the burrito while they try to eat it? That tape is at the halfway mark, and I think the only time I have ever had a burrito fall apart before that point was a Chipotle burrito that had extra of pretty much everything, and the dude couldn't really even roll it enough to visibly cover the insides.

It's not uncommon for a burrito to fall apart in the last few bites, but that tape does nothing to solve that problem.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The whole burrito should be taped up like a mummy

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yes. I would totally eat a burrito wrapped in yards of tortilla tape

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I got my all-clad 3 qt saute pan and I'm looking for new recipes to try in it. Any favorites to share?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
You open the burrito and find a smaller burrito inside.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

instead of a turducken it's a burtacmale

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Eeyo posted:

instead of a turducken it's a burtacmale

Can anyone think of a food or preparation more disrespectful than turducken?

e: besides every fusion thing

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Offal?

Or that thing where they slice up a live fish and then cook it in boiling oil?

E. Poached salmon via dishwasher?

E2. The soy sauce on octopus thing where the octopus flails around ?

E3 ortolan bunting?

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 2, 2022

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Had a roommate that would do instant potatoes in a coffee maker on a timer every morning

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

VelociBacon posted:

Yes, the cthurkey.

Behold, the octopus stuffed turkey with crab legs.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

VelociBacon posted:

Turducken wearing a sassy t-shirt.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Brawnfire posted:

Yes. I would totally eat a burrito wrapped in yards of tortilla tape

Isn't that just a burrito wrapped properly :confused:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Brother Tadger posted:

Offal?

Or that thing where they slice up a live fish and then cook it in boiling oil?

E. Poached salmon via dishwasher?

E2. The soy sauce on octopus thing where the octopus flails around ?

E3 ortolan bunting?

Yeah actually all the hosed up stuff you mentioned (besides offal which is cool and good and honors the animal by making the most use of it) is the worst you win. Ugh.

e: vvv to the animal that was killed for food

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 2, 2022

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

VelociBacon posted:

Disrespectful to who

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

VelociBacon posted:

Every menu item at Panda Express, which claims to be a Chinese food restaurant but isn’t really a restaurant as what they serve is neither Chinese nor food.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

Every menu item at Panda Express, which claims to be a Chinese food restaurant but isn’t really a restaurant as what they serve is neither Chinese nor food.

They don't even serve panda

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
lol

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Thought I would circle back with the egg thing.

I got the little 3" skillet. Works very well and is the first time I experienced non-stick cast iron (after using it 3-4 times). It is amazing, but only allows for a single serving at a tine. Will be good to use on a lazy Sunday or something of that sort. Doesn't allow for mushrooms and anything else you want in there. Not versatile at all, but very cool. I might start using my larger cast iron soon because of this experience.

Got an egg tray to place into the oven and it's legit. Was able to put 1 egg and one large mushroom into it and bahm, perfect egg puck. Good for mass cooking and regular weekday use.

I like them both!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Nobody told me about the free molasses from old Kitchenaids! Tastes a tad bitter but it'll make good cookies anyhow

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Oh hey I was just telling my family how nice these are - now Alex Aïnouz made a video about them

https://youtu.be/yGGfwYQFD54

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have a set of three tweezers(es?) in different sizes but I keep forgetting to use them. I shall renew my efforts!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

BrianBoitano posted:

Oh hey I was just telling my family how nice these are - now Alex Aïnouz made a video about them

https://youtu.be/yGGfwYQFD54

Are they significantly better than chopsticks? I don't even have cooking chopsticks, just some regular fiberglass ones I got off Amazon that I'll use at times.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chopsticks for white people

mystes
May 31, 2006

I got a ceramic ginger grater thing and I feel a bit silly but it's so much easier to clean than trying to get bits of ginger fibers off a normal grater

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Shooting Blanks posted:

Are they significantly better than chopsticks? I don't even have cooking chopsticks, just some regular fiberglass ones I got off Amazon that I'll use at times.

I'd say yeah in two ways - one they're dishwasher safe, and two my 2yo son can use them to help stir with his level of dexterity. I have both and still use the chopsticks some times for larger things 1" or bigger on a side

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

BrianBoitano posted:

I'd say yeah in two ways - one they're dishwasher safe, and two my 2yo son can use them to help stir with his level of dexterity. I have both and still use the chopsticks some times for larger things 1" or bigger on a side

...are fiberglass chopsticks not dishwasher safe? I don't know which specific ones I bought, but basically all of them say safe up to ~350F, which is well over the temp of any dishwasher.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ah, I bought wooden kitchen chopsticks.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

stainless chopsticks (and most enameled wooden chopsticks in my experience) are fine to put in the dishwasher. those big kitchen tweezers are cool but i think Gitting Gud at chopsticks and having a pair of tongs handy accomplishes the same thing

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Why limit your kitchen equipment? A tool for every occasion says I

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Unitaskers are fine as far as I’m concerned, I’m just running out of drawer space for all my cooking utensils. I have some large bamboo cooking chopsticks but the precision of those big tweezers is probably a lot better than I can manage with the chopsticks.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I have chopsticks too and I know how to use them fine, but yeah you can get way better precision and leverage with tweezers.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Cuisinart food processor in the OP has a broken link and the same model appears to be $250(!) now. What's the current thread recommendation?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Just get any normal cuisinart that has the little spout thing on top and don't get one with a flat top because they're annoying as gently caress

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Op is outdated and has been for a while

If anyone wants to make a new thread go ahead and if not

Anyone who has questions can just ask at the end of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'd recommend a "Don't buy a pan/knife set" clause. Don't see it discussed much. Build your kitchen piecemeal and your money can go further. Plus if the set you buy ends up being a dud you wasted hundreds instead of less if you had just bought one. I bought a Calphalon 14 piece set when I first bought my house, wish I just bought like two pots and a pan instead for the same cash.