Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

There is a goddamn child's bike outside that cursed place. This picture needs to be used as evidence when Child Protection Services come to rescue that poor innocent kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

As for that flattened can floor... I've seen people use cans/license plates/whatever to patch holes but that's a new one.

Axe the wood pattern and refine it all to a glossy ivory and I will gladly poo poo in that magnificent egglet.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Might need to swap out what appears to be PVC supports for something a tad more sturdy.

Jows
May 8, 2002

If PVC is good enough to ground to it's definitely good enough to hold up that marvelous egg poo poo throne.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Beef Of Ages posted:

Might need to swap out what appears to be PVC supports for something a tad more sturdy.

They're probably just supports for the egg. All the goon-bearing is being done by the shitter itself.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I would imagine most of the weight and load bearing is done by the toilet and not the egg itself. I imagine the PVC piping just aligns the outer egg and keeps it in place as opposed to supporting weight of the stink dome.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

D34THROW posted:

Axe the wood pattern and refine it all to a glossy ivory and I will gladly poo poo in that magnificent egglet.

I'm just imagining wil smith trying to take a test while having a dump in that thing.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Cyrano4747 posted:

They're probably just supports for the egg. All the goon-bearing is being done by the shitter itself.

Woe unto the PO who underestimates the average goon girth.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I just feel like the egg, especially if that is fabric on the walls of the egg, would be funneling the stink up and having it stick around, like a wine glass of poo poo.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Feature not bug

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I just feel like the egg, especially if that is fabric on the walls of the egg, would be funneling the stink up and having it stick around, like a wine glass of poo poo.

Given that people never get tired of huffing their own farts, it shouldn’t be an issue.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I actually like the 2nd one lol

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Me too, it looks like a duplex, we can be neighbors :3

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The Houses Have Eyes

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

From a friend's motel room

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Brute Squad posted:

I have complete faith that whatever's going on behind the wall there is TOTALLY FINE and not just bare wires fished through the holes in the prongs on that hair drier's plug and left hanging in the wall and exposed.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Brute Squad posted:

Definitely email that picture to the fire marshal in whatever jurisdiction that hotel is in, cc the city code enforcement office. Give them the name / address / room number, though honestly the room number should become irrelevant quickly.

I'm guessing it's in the USA, hopefully not in a state like Arkabama or Texas.

Bad Munki posted:

I have complete faith that whatever's going on behind the wall there is TOTALLY FINE and not just bare wires fished through the holes in the prongs on that hair drier's plug and left hanging in the wall and exposed.

That's definitely not a "this drat gfci keeps breaking the hair dryer" solution. Nope not at all. And the inline one on the hair dryer is also not cut off. 100% up to code for standard hotel hardwired hair dryers.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Maybe the hair drier is wired that way to prevent theft. :thunk:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Can't steal if you're dead

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Is that the House of Argus?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I've seen that picture a few times, but never realized the there's a wall-to-balustrade reinforcement to hold up the railings in case someone DID fall down those stairs.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This image breaks my mind like M.C.Escher.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Standard mother in law suite

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How did anyone see that and think it was a good idea?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Stairs like that usually happen when some renovations force to the stairs to move a little ways back due to something happening downstairs. You also have situations where the old stairs were super steep and to bring the new stairs to code they have to be a couple feet longer overall. What's getting me is that the room off the stairs isn't at the top step, there's a single extra step to get onto the main 2nd floor level, but this little room is a single step down!? I wonder what's immediately to the right of the door and why the door couldn't be there instead.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

What's getting me is that the room off the stairs isn't at the top step, there's a single extra step to get onto the main 2nd floor level, but this little room is a single step down!? I wonder what's immediately to the right of the door and why the door couldn't be there instead.

Because that used to be a spiral staircase and that room used to be the hallway.

I've seen bullshit like this in a ton of old houses around here that used to have spiral "back" (usually just off the kitchen) stairways that have been badly converted into various configurations of straight stairways during remodels.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Pollyanna posted:

How did anyone see that and think it was a good idea?

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Proteus Jones posted:

Is that the House of Argus?

It reminds me of those bleeding tooth fungi.

Do not complain if you look up "bleeding tooth fungus"; the name should already tell you what you need to know.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Thank you for your recycling.

Here is a joke about that shitheel mod:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Permission to treat the witness as hostile

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Is this a terrible hotel/resort?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

What was the Dall-E prompt that generated this?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gromit posted:

What was the Dall-E prompt that generated this?

"biblically accurate house"

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Permission to treat the witness as hostile

Really this should be in effect for the whole drat thread.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

I'm guessing one too many people went over the edge at the bend and landed on someone's table below.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Saw this while scrolling local Zillow listings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

amethystbliss posted:

Saw this while scrolling local Zillow listings.

Are you posting this because of the awesome fireplace or because of the lovely way they turned their living room into more kitchen that is the first thing you see walking through the front door?