Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Truly a burning man bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Old men that look like druids and jet engines, name a better combination.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sound on
https://i.imgur.com/Ly13zIu.mp4

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
FUCKIN SCOOTIN

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdbTh1Ss/

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol the algorithm is strong on TikTok, I got the same video and it’s literally in my clipboard to post here

E: I’m gonna post it anyway, just embedded this time

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7084363880545258794

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol the algorithm is strong on TikTok, I got the same video and it’s literally in my clipboard to post here

E: I’m gonna post it anyway, just embedded this time

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7084363880545258794

Quoting just so I can see what the hell the embed code is. I had no idea we could do that.

Anyway that dude rules.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As the ambassador of the yospos TikTok thread I am required to tell you that in order to embed a TikTok from the mobile app to the awful app you must:

1) copy the link using the share button in TikTok
2) paste the link into a browser. TikTok’s site redirects you and you get a new URL
3) copy that new url and paste it into the awful app inside video tags (video) (/video) but with brackets instead of parentheses of course

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 6, 2022

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

It’s a video. Which is made of moving pictures.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HovIBif

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I prefer that kind of URL since it lets me skip parts of the vid.

Here's me trying out the video recording on my Sena 10C Evo for the first time, I need to adjust the angle higher. I managed to lose traction there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYqzzUGAUp8

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Which mount are you using? It looks like you have yours mounted farther back than I do. I'm using the flush mount on the top right in this picture.

Here is me also losing traction, but for different reasons. That's actually the first real time I've ridden on tar snakes I think. They're not super common around here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWylGrAbtM

I wish you could adjust exposure, white balance, shutter speed, etc., like you can an a GoPro, but alas.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Toe Rag posted:

Here is me also losing traction, but for different reasons. That's actually the first real time I've ridden on tar snakes I think. They're not super common around here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWylGrAbtM

I wish you could adjust exposure, white balance, shutter speed, etc., like you can an a GoPro, but alas.

Haha, perfect response. Tar snakes are weird, and a real pain in the rear end when they go parallel down the road exactly where you want your wheels to be.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
drat things are all over the place here, just loads of fun as your front tire plays slip + slide two inches at a time every twenty feet

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

My maiden voyage to get the VanVan home was also my literal first ride in 10 years, and required me to ride it on 65mph+ highway through a mountain pass. I had my protective pants on and was feelin pretty okay all things considered.

Till I hit the tar snakes and just about poo poo my pants.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I mean if they were protective pants why would you worry about making GBS threads in them??

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Astronauts do it, it must be cool

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
If making GBS threads your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

A Guzzi i found in Berlin. Shot on film (Rollei Retro 80s).
This was 10 years ago i think, but i didn't have a proper scanner until recently. Turns out, this series of pictures came out really nicely.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:hellyeah:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

LimaBiker posted:

This was 10 years ago i think, but i didn't have a proper scanner until recently. Turns out, this series of pictures came out really nicely.

This is how you take a picture of a motorbike. Note how the whole bike is visible, none of it is touching the frame, it isn't parked in front of a rubbish bin and we can't see any parts of the photographer, the angle is low and (extremely, it's an old guzzi after all) flattering to the bike, the steering is turned the correct way (face of the wheel toward camera), it's just 'right'.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Picture of my own bike in the fields.
It's a slide (you know, for projecting) and the development plant hosed up and left all sorts of water stains. Now i gotta was the film strip again and hope the stains go away.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

LimaBiker posted:

I can practically smell the fromage and European cigarettes.

LimaBiker posted:

It's a slide (you know, for projecting) and the development plant hosed up and left all sorts of water stains. Now i gotta was the film strip again and hope the stains go away.

I miss the warm colors of 70's/80's photography.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Go grab a roll of film, then. Kodak has recently restarted production and imho offers the nicest colors.
I yearn for some rolls of Ektachrome (their excellent slide film) and Ektar (print film). But those two are hideously expensive, so i've now just ordered their cheapest stuff (Colorplus)

The softness of the 2nd picture is to 'blame' on the camera used, an Adox Polo 1s compact from the 60s.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

LimaBiker posted:

Yeah right, those are clearly Rovers from The Prisoner.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Weather was awful all weekend but cleared up yesterday afternoon and I took a little neighborhood ride

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 31, 2022

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

ADINSX posted:

Weather was awful all weekend but cleared up yesterday afternoon and I took a little neighborhood ride

Greater Seattle area? That weather and water sound/look familiar. We’ve been alternating between really nice and miserable riding weather for a couple weeks now.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I was gonna say Magnolia or North Beach/Blue Ridge, noodled around there myself last summer.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

BabelFish posted:

Greater Seattle area? That weather and water sound/look familiar. We’ve been alternating between really nice and miserable riding weather for a couple weeks now.

The important thing is that even miserable riding weather is still riding weather. (especially if there's a hot tub waiting at the end of it).

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

BabelFish posted:

Yep, shoreline, I’ve lived around here for nearly 7 years now and the puget sound is still stunning

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

SV at a windmill in Groningen.

Taken with a Canon Dial 35 half frame camera (so half resolution, 72 pictures on a standard roll of 35mm film)

Why yes, it is indeed an ergonomic abomination but it makes pretty good pictures. It is a gimmicky thing, but it genuinely makes razor sharp pictures when used right, with sharpless mostly being limited by the film grain (which is high in the picture, on fast film)

LimaBiker fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 5, 2022

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

The SV owner was found just outside that copse of trees. Most of them anyway.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

My partner has been going hard on film photography these last few years to the point of developing her own black and white photos and being on a first name basis with everyone at the local camera shop. I’ve really been enjoying things you share here with her.

You seem to share a love of capturing texture that just isn’t conducive to digital photography.

Good poo poo.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Feels more sentimental than digital.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That is a crazy cool camera

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I love it to bits. By now i've carried it around in my backpack so much that dust has made its way into the mechanical bits, and the 50 year old grease is getting more and more sticky each year.
But it's one of the cameras i plan on keeping for the rest of my life so i'm gonna dump a lot of money into it to get it professionally serviced.

I've had a darkroom and printed my own pictures before, but my current living situation doesn't allow me space to set up an enlarger again. But it is so incredibly satisfying to see the picture come up in the developing tray, and then taking the fixed prints out of the dark and seeing the smooth contrasts paper prints offer. The scans always look a bit rougher than the prints i've made of the same pictures.
I'm planning on renting some darkroom time in Amsterdam. I think i can get one hour for 17,50 including chem usage, as long as i bring my own paper. Which is a pretty good price.

Remy Marathe posted:

The SV owner was found just outside that copse of trees. Most of them anyway.

My SV would never kill me!
right...?

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Same camera, but color film used.
This was in the front yard of some guy who had a small collection of bikes and mopeds, so there eventually was a small assembly of 5 bikers who stopped to check them out.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

The lens' blurring and vignette at the corners worked out really nice there.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Just got the Sena 10-C Evo working on my Shoei RF-1400 helmet. Seems to work pretty well, though the speakers are a bit "tinny". I accidently pressed the camera button while on a ride and it seems to capture the chaos of FDR Drive.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Are you wearing ear plugs? The sound quality improves quite a bit with them IMO. It sounds pretty poo poo otherwise.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Scam Likely posted:

Just got the Sena 10-C Evo working on my Shoei RF-1400 helmet. Seems to work pretty well, though the speakers are a bit "tinny". I accidently pressed the camera button while on a ride and it seems to capture the chaos of FDR Drive.

This road is much to smooth and even to be the FDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Why bother with cameras when AI now exists