Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The dual sense is great. Not a fan of the touchpad because I always hit it accidentally but the haptic features are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Tbh I'm warming up to the new Xbox Series controller, that share button is nice for someone who takes as many screenshots as I do. As long as it doesn't do something stupid like post a branded screenshot to Facebook.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Tbh I'm warming up to the new Xbox Series controller, that share button is nice for someone who takes as many screenshots as I do. As long as it doesn't do something stupid like post a branded screenshot to Facebook.

I'm pretty sure all screenshots just appear on your internal HDD and then get uploaded to the Xbox servers. No logos or anything, just whatever you took a screenshot of. If you have the Xbox phone app it'll give you a notification when it's uploaded and you can grab it in the app and upload to wherever you want.

Love that button. Except when it gets bumped and I get random screenshots of a menu or something.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1533438836570591233?t=Q5AsX58-YZ7uj5aqOBF02A&s=19

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Totally going to drop it during the press conference.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Red Warrior posted:

gently caress yes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Red Warrior posted:

Penciling in the 12th to enjoy a game I didn't like when it was new

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Red Warrior posted:

:pray:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Goldeneye with twin stick controls is gonna feel weird as hell. Let me connect my Bluetooth N64 controller and expertly circle strafe with the C buttons.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels fine on my machine Op (series x controller using the Xbox series x app “retroarch”)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Feels fine on my machine Op (series x controller using the Xbox series x app “retroarch”)

Are you enjoying it at a proper 15 fps?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

Are you enjoying it at a proper 15 fps?

The n64 emulation is about at that level :hehe:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The n64 emulation is about at that level :hehe:

Hell yeah. It ain't Goldeneye if it doesn't turn into a slideshow when you set off all your remote explosives.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if GoldenEye 64 is one of those games that can leverage newly-discovered optimizations to run better on stock hardware by making rambus go vroom vroom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rzYnXEQlE

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Professor Beetus posted:

Hell yeah. It ain't Goldeneye if it doesn't turn into a slideshow when you set off all your remote explosives.

i'm a big believer that old games should be experienced with original jank so hell yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i'm a big believer that old games should be experienced with original jank so hell yeah

shoulda bought a PS5 then

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Framerate and resolution boost FTW

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it depends on the game though part of this is me trying to play through the rerelease of Final Fantasy 7 and wondering if i should go back to the Vita/PS3 emulated one because i think FF7 actually looks more rear end in high res than it does in the original resolution

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

Goldeneye with twin stick controls is gonna feel weird as hell. Let me connect my Bluetooth N64 controller and expertly circle strafe with the C buttons.

You could play it with two analog sticks in the original version. You just needed two Nintendo 64 controllers. I think it was control type D or something.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
anything with a prerendered background looks like butt when upscaled

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

American McGay posted:

I recently played the Perfect Dark remaster on game pass and it does have some adjustments made to modernize the control scheme for twin sticks, but the aiming still feels like trash. I don't know, maybe it's just something about the FPS view movement that's built into the game and can't be changed? Right stick movements are really sluggish, but also have an insane acceleration curve so it's really hard to be precise at all. And of course they kept the thing where aiming down sights means standing still. I hope they can figure out how to do it better with this one!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

univbee posted:

I wonder if GoldenEye 64 is one of those games that can leverage newly-discovered optimizations to run better on stock hardware by making rambus go vroom vroom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rzYnXEQlE
If by “newly discovered optimizations” you mean one singular insane man dedicating 40000 hours of their life to rewriting every single line of code then yeah, it could probably work.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Does Microsoft tend to do any console sales around E3 / the week that E3 happens now that E3 is dead? Looking to get a Series S and keep missing all the Woot deals for $250.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Isn't the normal price like $299?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Barudak posted:

Penciling in the 12th to enjoy a game I didn't like when it was new

this already failed on the Wii, didn’t it?

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Ah, time to remember the good old days of my youth, when console first-person shooters were poo poo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ok Comboomer posted:

this already failed on the Wii, didn’t it?
No.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

yeah it did

they made a twin stick remake of Goldeneye for Wii, some packs even came with a “Golden Gun” controller

IIRC it kinda flopped because it was a game made for Wii in 2010 that wasn’t like a RockBand/Guitar Hero game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Great game

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Yeah, one of the all-time greats. [/sarcasm]

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Was that the one that had new levels? I remember there being a nightclub level that had this deadmau5 song playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6b03jwIlPI

I think I played it on 360. I def didn't play it on Wii because I never owned one of those.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
e)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Was that the one that had new levels? I remember there being a nightclub level that had this deadmau5 song playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6b03jwIlPI

I think I played it on 360. I def didn't play it on Wii because I never owned one of those.

Yep it came out on ps360

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blacks ops 2 is GOATed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i deleted the post for misidentifying deadmau5 as "dubstep". such a mistake is not worthy of the Feels Villeneuve posting brand

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ok Comboomer posted:

yeah it did

they made a twin stick remake of Goldeneye for Wii, some packs even came with a “Golden Gun” controller

IIRC it kinda flopped because it was a game made for Wii in 2010 that wasn’t like a RockBand/Guitar Hero game
That one wasn’t a remaster or even a remake, but more of a reimagining that greatly changed most of the game while only using a few memorable set pieces for levels.

Still not as bad as when EA got ahold of the Bond license and decided to make a Bond game called Goldeneye about… a rogue agent with an eye made of gold.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

super fart shooter posted:

I recently played the Perfect Dark remaster on game pass and it does have some adjustments made to modernize the control scheme for twin sticks, but the aiming still feels like trash. I don't know, maybe it's just something about the FPS view movement that's built into the game and can't be changed? Right stick movements are really sluggish, but also have an insane acceleration curve so it's really hard to be precise at all. And of course they kept the thing where aiming down sights means standing still. I hope they can figure out how to do it better with this one!

Perfect Dark has that weird thing where it was 100% meant to be played with 1 stick. It worked well with that, but it sucks rear end with modern twin stick controllers due to that weird autoaim acceleration like you mention. I'd love a remake of Perfect Dark from the ground up because ports do that game no favors.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blacks ops 2 is GOATed

thats right

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i saw a Series X on the shelf at the store today. it was epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like my Series X