Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
Yeah if you are getting smashed on the military front something’s wrong. Fellowship can win a military victory but it’s tricky. Sauron needs to wear the good guys down and deplete their armies, as above their armies come back while the free people’s don’t, so you need to be putting pressure on early, especially getting units out and moving towards strongholds for when they enter the war so the FP player gets worn down on several fronts. If the FP isn’t feeling like they are barely hanging on you aren’t flooding the board enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Im not sure if this is the right thread:

War of the Ring players, what's the best trick for playing sauron?

The archetypal strategy in 1st edition was DEW, which is short for Dale/Erebor/Woodland Realm and indicates the targets the Shadow should drive for. It was pretty much a Halifax Hammer - the FP couldn't hope to win militarily if it was used and had to rely on a chancy Ringbearer victory instead. It was bad enough that the expansion added a couple of new rules to make it easier to respond to. 2nd edition may have changed the targets, but the basic principles should remain: the Shadow wants to mobilise rapidly as early as it can, to get overwhelming forces into play before the FP can fully respond.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
It should be noted by design the game is primarily a Shadow military victory vs Free People ring victory race. It is possible for the FP to win militarily and Shadow to corrupt the Ringbearers but it happens in a minority of games, usually because one player takes some risks that don’t pay off and the other takes advantage (like the Fellowship ditching lots of members early and Sauron investing in Nazgûl and events which add corruption tokens, or Sauron concentrating troops too much). You do need to cover both bases as both players though, that’s the cool part of the game, if you don’t you can be exposed to that kind of nasty surprise.

Edit: I also vaguely wonder if there is a bigger possibility of “off meta” strategies like the China players Twilight Struggle situation than perhaps the BGG folk have taken account of. I don’t know if there is a decent online WOTR implantation to flush that sort of thing out.

Blamestorm fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jun 5, 2022

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Finally had a small game day.

Started with Strike. This is a dice chucker, quite literally. This game could not be more simple, but after hearing about it for a while from certain board game media personalities, I thought it might go over well with some of my pickier players, so I got a copy. The game box has an insert that looks like the inside of a gladiatorial arena, and players will toss one of their dice into the center, hoping to get a match. The two interesting wrinkles are A: the dice have no 1s, just an X, and they are always removed from play before checking any matches and B: if removed matches mean that the arena is empty at the start of the next player's turn, that player has to throw all of their dice in. If a player has no dice and gets none from a match, they are eliminated. Play continues until there is only one player with dice. The people I played with all liked it, though they are also all pretty accommodating players. The real test will be My minor gripe is that the version I got in print right now is not quite as nice as the older versions with a fancier inlay, and the arena feels just a little thin, but on the plus side it was also cheap: I think it was $20 or $25 IIRC. Still, I feel that once everyone knows how to play, we could break this out to play while interminably discussing what to play next without slowing anything down because it's so, so simple.

Next up was Yokohama which I've been excited to try for almost a year. I was not a TMG fanboy, so this missed me the first time around, but the hype continued to simmer, so I eventually decided I'd try to get a copy. This game is about the Yokohama transforming from a fishing village into a hub of international trade at the start of the Meiji Restoration where threat from Western colonial powers lead to a political upheaval taking Japan from an isolated feudal nation to an open and industrialized nation. That is a pretty sweet theme that I'd like to know more about, as opposed to generic medieval white people. The game could be described as a hodgepodge of many existing game mechanics: it has shades of Istanbul and Concordia and even Splendor in this worker placement game, but it does not play terribly like any of them. (I have not personally played Istanbul, so that is conjecture on my part.) You have one primary worker, your president, and assistants and you have to build paths through a network of locations to travel between them. The number of pieces you have in a space translates to the power of the action taken, but it takes time to build that up since you must place 3 assistants in different locations or only 2 in the same. You must plan ahead to take the most efficient actions, but you can't go where another president is, so your opponents might interfere with you. You collect goods to complete orders from foreign powers, donate those goods to the Church or the Customs House to get points and additional effects, you can work on technology cards that grant you special abilities, and you can add buildings to the locations to gain additional power when using those spaces. The way this game is different each time cannot be understated. The network of locations is random, the rewards for building in locations is a random card, the reward for being the first to take a 5 power action on a particular location is randomized, the market of technology and orders is random from a deck, and there are three different achievements that players can compete to complete first that are random. So, even though I've only played once (twice if you include BGA) I expect this game to have strong replayability. All of us had a very good time trying to workout a way to play. My two opponents used technology to increase their board presence and made me jealous with how easy they could go where they pleased, while I used my minor presence to put buildings on the production spots and grind out orders with piles of resources while getting as many 5 point bonuses as I could, plowing 4 of those imports into the Customs House one turn before my opponent could. The foreign agents are a very cool concept that if you complete things early you can get an additional action, which you can use on a later turn. I only got two but I saved them for the last two turns and got myself an extra order with their help. This game feels deep but not difficult. Once you know the rules, you're off to the races. The only downside so far is that it takes a while to set up, since there is a fair bit of fiddliness. The rules themselves are only mildly complicated but Paul Grogan put out an excellent video several years ago that I was able to send to my friends so we did not have to start from zero. Looking forward to breaking this out again.

Last was Clank Legacy. It's Clank but Legacy. I am someone who is difficult to impress with deckbuilders: we already have Dominion, so something needs to do something special to get my excited. So many of these deckbuilder-with-a-board games feel like stapling so much useless irrelevant stuff onto the game where the board or deck don't matter very much. Clank doesn't really have that problem. The board matters but you can only so stuff on the board based on your deck. The legacy aspect is fun since you shake up that starting formula in ways I won't spoil. There is a weird unenforced semi-coop in our group; it's technically competitive but since we want to finish missions and stories and stuff, we are still trying to consider helping each other or at least spreading out a bit in a way that we don't see in normal Clank. We had a very profitable game where everyone made tons of money, we spent it all on canoes and backpacks and pickaxes, roamed around willy nilly, and all escaped with our lives, though it was close for me. At the end, the scores were 123-124-125. Clank good, Clank Legacy also good. Also a pain to set up.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Just got my father's work, and while I've got to wait on the app, the whole package looks amazing!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Thanks, saves me unboxing mine to look at it!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I was at the UK Boardgaming Expo yesterday with a bunch of friends, picked up Isle of Cats with the 6 player expansion. We had a chance to play a test game, everyone enjoyed it, and I currently have a severe lack of games which play 5-6 so it was a decent addition to the collection, as well as being a tile-laying game which is another unrepresented part of my collection. The artwork is absolutely lovely and the overall production quality is fantastic which is really nice, it's probably the most premium-feeling boardgame I own.

In terms of gameplay it's nothing groundbreaking, but trying to fill up rooms and score points with groups of matching cats while also aiming for alternate points-scoring cards is a compelling enough puzzle, and the "family game" played with the same components is a fun option if you have younger children. As a cat lover the artwork and theming definitely drew me in more than a game with the same gameplay but lesser presentation, but in spite of that, after a few games I feel that there's enough to the game to keep it fresh for a while (having extra cards and tiles from the expansion helps) and I would consider getting the Kittens expansion at some point if we keep playing it but feel that the game could use additional complexity.

Down the other end of the game complexity spectrum my boyfriend somehow located a cut price, completely intact but slightly worn copy of Bios: Megafauna, completely sleeved, which was a fairly amazing find. It's a game I've wanted to own since I played it a few years ago, but wasn't willing to pay the price for a new copy (also not giving money to Ion Games is good) so randomly finding it at a convention was certainly very lucky.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

and I currently have a severe lack of games which play 5-6

5-6 is our normal number so can I recommend you look for Sidereal Confluence, Unfathomable and Power Grid as games that all work really well at 6 players because they minimise the downtime when you're not doing things. The big problem I find at that player count is some games it can be like half an hour between turns and that really makes the game drag.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Okay so I played Roll for the Galaxy and I wanna know if I'm crazy for liking Race more. I swear I've heard the common or at least acceptable opinion that Roll is better and I LIKE Roll I'd play it any time, but I feel like the game has some like, boring do nothing turn stuff to it where you spend dice only to get more dice back and nothing else. Trading and Stocking just feels really boring but it's also super necessary.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I vastly prefer race and in fact dislike roll quite a bit, while race remains one of my favorite games.

Suddenly Susan
Oct 21, 2003

The best of the trilogy is actually New Frontiers. It’s race without needing to learn all the iconography. Easier to learn/teach, and still plays as fast as race.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Aramoro posted:

5-6 is our normal number so can I recommend you look for Sidereal Confluence, Unfathomable and Power Grid as games that all work really well at 6 players because they minimise the downtime when you're not doing things. The big problem I find at that player count is some games it can be like half an hour between turns and that really makes the game drag.

The larger group I play with is quite casual, I'm gradually easing them into more complex games and Power Grid is definitely going to come out eventually at some point, but it's much easier to sell "here's a cute tile placing game with cats" than "let's be power companies". I haven't played Power Grid for ages and will have to relearn it, but I did play it a bunch years ago and agree that it is very good.

Glagha posted:

Okay so I played Roll for the Galaxy and I wanna know if I'm crazy for liking Race more. I swear I've heard the common or at least acceptable opinion that Roll is better and I LIKE Roll I'd play it any time, but I feel like the game has some like, boring do nothing turn stuff to it where you spend dice only to get more dice back and nothing else. Trading and Stocking just feels really boring but it's also super necessary.

In my experience Race is generally the preferred game.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah New Frontiers is the best mechanically but weakest in content and setup/storage sucks.. RftG is the best overall but I still like Roll enough to play anytime, though the later expansion with the two sub-games is completely unnecessary and not worth the rules load.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think Roll is okay, but Race is fantastic. I think part of Race’s problem for most people now is that it is very skill testing and most of the people who still play Race have played it a bunch.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The first few games of Race are very taxing. A lot of the gameplay is being given a selection of cards, trying to read and comprehend them all, and immediately choosing which cards to play and which cards to discard forever. It's all simultaneous too, so there's not time where the pressure is off and you can peruse these cards and make a plan.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Suddenly Susan posted:

The best of the trilogy is actually New Frontiers. It’s race without needing to learn all the iconography. Easier to learn/teach, and still plays as fast as race.

^This. It's the only one I currently own.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

RabidWeasel posted:

severe lack of games which play 5-6 so it was a decent addition to the collection

get you some City of Horror

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Finally actually played some boardgames for the first time in two years, so here's what I tried.

Cryptid and Search for Planet X: Both of them seemed fine although I only played the beginner version of each of the games. Beginner version of Cryptid suffered from being a bit too deterministic/too easy to math out exactly all of the clues, while Planet X beginner felt a bit too luck dependant since everyone had different starting clues/the research topics weren't equally useful. Still, entertaining as far as competitive deduction games go.

Spirit Island: Played Volcano Looming High for the first time: we went against level 8 Habsburg and got soundly trashed. Volcano is probably one of my favourite spirits now, although I do tend to prefer simple offense-orientated spirits when I play. Still not the best co-op I played all weekend, but very close.

Space Alert: Still the best co-op and honestly I wish I could play it more. We had one mission where everyone looked out the window at the end because we thought all of the threats had been dealt with (they hadn't) and one game where one person fired missiles too early and we only just scraped through. I did my job as internal threat officer, and that was good enough for me.

Dominant Species: Marine: I have mixed opinions with this version of dominant species. I think the way that actions are conducted is quite interesting and probably better than the way it is present within dominant species, and the fact that there is now an evolution and domination spaces makes it slightly better, but I have three big issues with Marine: first of all, I dislike the trait system. I understand that it was included to enhance replayability but I don't think all of the traits are balanced in any way and I dislike the fact that trait and place within the food chain is now completely disjointed. The way that survival/extinction can pop up semi-randomly left a sour note as well, since it's possible to have survival and not score anything and then suddenly someone gets it from you and scores a lot of points. Finally, the fact that specific land types might not pop up for Evolution is pretty annoying, and it might be the case that a particular land time never pops up. Overall I think I'd rather play the original.

Brass Birmingham: The more I play it, the more I think I prefer the original. I need to try it out more but going deep into pottery/boxes seem a mistake more than anything. Although I guess the strats for the original Brass are also pretty calcified by this point.

Tash Kalar: Played a couple of games of this, but against newbies, so I won handily. Still extremely good.

Exit: Orient Express: Probably one of the better Exit games I've played, and had a neat murder mystery attached to it. Can't really explain it without spoiling it though.

Factory Funner: Actually better than the original: the hexes add a lot in my opinion and it has a more freeform way of building the pipes. It also removes a lot of crap that was necessary in order to make the original balanced, like for example having to have machines that gave additional reservoirs: it's much easier now to feed machines, but the pipe-laying puzzle is still present and still feels so good. It all starts so easy and ends up being so hard, and the constant "Oh, I shouldn't have picked up that machine) is always present in any games of it. Don't think I really need to bring out the original ever again. And it's a smaller box too!

The Crew: Deep Sea Mission: Not sure if I like this one or the original, but I think the mission variety of this one will win out in the end.

Glory to Rome: Although relatively random, I kind of enjoy this game, much more than Innovation, which gives me similar feelings. I did win one game out of pure luck though, and the game rests in the uncanny valley of it being too relatively heavy for a casual game, and a bit too random for a heavy strategical game. Mixed feelings, but I still enjoyed playing it.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 5, 2022

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Just played two more games. It's nice to occasionally play board games on the weekends.

First, we tried our first Unlock game: Insert Coin. Coming off of our first Exit Game a few weeks ago, holy poo poo was this a step down. It was gimmicky, unclear, not especially clever, and had a cringey as gently caress art style. It's about arcade games, but it really is only using a visual language, rather than having anything to do with them or having anything to say about them.

For the pass-fail solution system, it's weird. You have to filter through a fairly big pile of 60 cards to find the ones you need, but when you put your information together to get cards, if you're wrong it's usually just an error card; there is none of the clever obfuscation as found in Exit, so the deck needs to have like 10 error cards to cover the ways you suspect the player will fail. This would be a fine enough way to do it except the game wants to punish you for failures, so they have to get removed. Why? Why not just make me hit the punishment button if I look for something and it's not there, and have everything driven through the app?

As for the app, it's completely unplayable without the app anyway, which I don't mind necessarily. For the core gameplay, I don't think Unlock is leveraging that advantage particularly well at all. Something like XCOM or Alchemists use their apps for good reasons, and on the other end, Exit needs nothing else except pen and paper. This thing has a computer and is acting like it's still stuck with printed words in a book. The innovation is the book is on cards, I guess.

Complaints about the core systems I could live with, but I've got some mild spoiler-y grousing to do.

(minor, very early gimmick spoilers for Insert Coin) This one uses your phone's camera to do some sort of ARG stuff with the cards. This probably explains the art style since it's trying to hide the equivalent of QR codes or something. However, they didn't refer to this in the rulebook, so the fact that this is a possibility is not told to you. That itself is not an issue. The issue is if you're doing this on Android, it's going to ask for all sorts of hosed up permissions, which we denied and then could not continue. I wish it had said, "The app might ask for some permissions. Please accept them. We promise they're fun!" I guess all the makers have iPhones or something. I don't know if this appears in other ones, but it feels like they built in this technology and had to justify the cash outlay by using it.

(early non-specific mechanical spoiler for Insert Coin) Even worse than that, once we got it actually working, there was one other fun killer. Some of the puzzles are 'hidden object' puzzles, which sounds like something you might enjoy adding to a family game since hidden object games are something kids like. Boy oh boy, is it bad. You're supposed to notice something on these cards that is like .5cm tall or something. Even ignoring the accessibility, there is a serious problem in practical reality. This is a game advertised to be for 1 to 6 players, so you'll probably be putting cards between people on the table. Well how the name of legally distinct arcade mascot Danky Kang are you supposed to notice something so frigging tiny when you're crowded around a table with half a baseball team? What about the ARG stuff? What's the viewing angle of your lovely Samsung, Grandma? How is more than one person supposed to see that and review the info on the card at the same time? Some VR or other games with app integration do this by having a certain separation of concerns, but not this one. The puzzles are linear so we all have to wait while time counts down. It does not feel as though considerations for non-solo play were made. To ask people to observe this hidden nonsense makes it feel arbitrary. Some puzzles were so closed ended, containing so few 'strands' that if you misunderstood even a single thing, the 'puzzle' was completely impenetrable. If you can't see the hidden object, you just don't get the absolutely necessary hint required to proceed, so I hope you like spinning your wheels for ten minutes. The app has something to help with these hidden images, which means they know it's a poo poo idea. So why have it?

When you're trying to figure out what the words on a card mean, in a good puzzle game it's because you need to interpret the language somehow to obtain the hidden meaning. For this game, you're reviewing the incredibly parsimonious words and thinking about them because you are looking for the puzzle, but there is none. It's all Slot A into Tab B once you overcome the pixel hunt to get the card for Tab B. Even if we wanted to be extremely charitable and say that pixel hunting is a video game tradition, it is not related to arcade games.

It just plain sucked. There were a few satisfying moments but they were very far apart. I checked around and I saw some negativity for this one, but also some shocking amounts of positivity. I hope the other ones are better, or I'm going to stick with Exit 100%.

After that, I broke out Concordia: Solitaria and played a solo game of Concordia. It is a few dice and replacements for the personality cards for this version of play, mostly to include additional instructions, but otherwise the rules are the same. When you play a card, included in that card is a section that describes what the automa (called Contrarius) does. First off, I like it when imaginary players have names, like Howard in Get Lucky. Second, calling this an automa might be overstating it. There is incredibly little overhead to deal with. The card tells you what to do, so it's really more of an extension of your action. Contrarius has no storehouse, no sestertii, just workers and houses. When something calls for Contrarius to gain a card, it simply does. When something calls for Contrarius to build a building, there is a fairly intuitive selection process: can reach with colonists, has no houses over has houses, new region over region already in, alphabetical. Many actions are determined by dice, but they are simply a means to add some whim to the automa's play. Sure, you might think it's unlikely it's going to take the card you want, but you can't be sure. And for many actions, it just gains points which is perfectly straightforward. It gains cards which it will use to score, but they primarily serve as a resource for you to diplomat; copy it then turn it face down. They also start the leftmost specialist in the market row, and one of their dies will instruct it to build in cities with their best specialist, so it will bend towards ways for it to score.

It is so utterly straightforward that you can play a solo game and it is basically the same as a normal game of Concordia. Only finding where it will build is slightly complicated, but that is eventually easy enough to understand. At the end, we both had built 12 buildings and 1 additional colonist. I do wonder if the cards form a sort of "Hamiltonian path" with each other that the competition could feel sort of rubber-bandy and rote, but I did not experience that in my first play. I think it's more a testament to how genius the scoring is in this game that you can so elegantly make it solo without complicated it. This is a lot less intimidating to try than something like the Root automas.

I am looking forward to playing this more.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I prefer Roll over Race myself but I know I'm the odd one out there. Roll has been better for a wider range of groups than Race in my experience.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Back Alley Borks posted:

I prefer Roll over Race myself but I know I'm the odd one out there. Roll has been better for a wider range of groups than Race in my experience.

I have a friend who hates Race but loves Roll. I lean towards Roll myself, too. There are dozens of us!

Suddenly Susan
Oct 21, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah New Frontiers is the best mechanically but weakest in content and setup/storage sucks.. RftG is the best overall but I still like Roll enough to play anytime, though the later expansion with the two sub-games is completely unnecessary and not worth the rules load.

New Frontiers is supposed to have an expansion arriving this year. It also has a really nice BGA implementation.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Suddenly Susan posted:

New Frontiers is supposed to have an expansion arriving this year. It also has a really nice BGA implementation.

All I can say is don't hold your breath for expansions from Rio Grande.....

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yup, Tom told me himself at Gencon 19’ that the New Frontiers expansion would be out that year.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Mayveena posted:

All I can say is don't hold your breath for expansions from Rio Grande.....
me holding my breath for the Beyond the Sun expansion:

(they said development is done and it's in the production pipeline)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Suddenly Susan posted:

Trilogy? Is this Jump Drive erasure?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Aramoro posted:

Trilogy? Is this Jump Drive erasure?

I played Jump Drive several years ago. My SO and I talked the whole drive home about the problems we had with the game, how it's quite middle of the road, chaotic, bland, inoffensive, low agency. I remember the conversation, but I remember exactly nothing about the game. So, yeah, Jump Drive erased itself from my brain.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

This is not for public knowledge but the project manager for Rio Grande has been laid off and the owner wants nothing new.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Mayveena posted:

This is not for public knowledge but the project manager for Rio Grande has been laid off and the owner wants nothing new.

Woof. And just after releasing a banger in Space Station Phoenix...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

All that Dominion money couldn’t save them from the fever dream production that was Dice Realms

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
That's a bummer if it's Ken Hill. He's really steered them into releasing some great stuff lately.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mayveena posted:

This is not for public knowledge but

Doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose of posting something not for public knowledge on a public forum

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 6, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose of posting something not for public knowledge on a public forum

Not that many come here. Also it’ll become obvious at some point so if it gets out then it gets out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Not that many come here.

That's not really a good defense, like at all

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Next time, attribute it like "I heard a rumor that". Nobody can fault you for hearing rumors.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

FirstAidKite posted:

That's not really a good defense, like at all

The heck do you care?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

That's a bummer if it's Ken Hill. He's really steered them into releasing some great stuff lately.

Ken Hill is the production manager so I assume not him.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

All that Dominion money couldn’t save them from the fever dream production that was Dice Realms

I really want to play this game but I sure as hell am not going to buy it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

The heck do you care?

Because I care.

e: like, several years ago I posted about a person and figured it'd be fine because it's not like anybody would pay attention to white noise posts in a random thread but then that post got cited over on kiwifarms and resulted in another person getting hassled by them. People still read these forums.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

I like Race better than Roll, but when I say that I mean 2 player Race with the two-role rules. Playing Race with more than 2 feels way more sluggish and limited to me, to the point that I would play it if someone wanted to, but would prefer other games. I think this is mostly because I really like 2 player race, and so I end up not enjoying the game since I know it can be a much better experience if we had fewer players. Meanwhile, I also like San Juan, and think that plays better at 3 or 4 than it does at 2!