Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

I will only accept a mod that changes it so that he shoots webbing out of his dick.

I guarantee that is being worked on day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There already ARE mods (not for swinging dong) so I can only imagine what they can do with a legit PC copy of the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

yeah the world is ready for actually naked spider-man

You already have underwear Spider-Man in the game.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
*whoosh*

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
god please let this game run on my 1050

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sweet. I was never able to find, much less buy, a PS5 so I finally get to play the Miles game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was on PS4 the whole time

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Also the announcement was only for Spider-Man Remastered, no?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Also the announcement was only for Spider-Man Remastered, no?

Miles is coming too just in Fall.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh, nice. Good that it can be available on a shorter timeline than the first game, which will be four years old come September. (I mean I know the Remaster isn't that old but it is effectively the same game.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My strategy of never owning a Sony product because they murdered digital game sharing in it's crib continues to pay off!

What? The PSN is the only service it's possible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

What? The PSN is the only service it's possible.

They are blaming Sony for dunking on the X-Box One during its lovely debut. The popular fanvoy argument is that mean ol' Sony killed game sharing forever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

They are blaming Sony for dunking on the X-Box One during its lovely debut. The popular fanvoy argument is that mean ol' Sony killed game sharing forever.

It made everyone gun-shy about it to this day, though, because of the continued memefication of discourse. Xbox teh hueg, and all that.

If they aren't, where is it? Why isn't it standard across all platforms? Nobody wants to tackle it.

Anyway, stoked about the Spider-Man game finally! 🙂

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It made everyone gun-shy about it to this day, though, because of the continued memefication of discourse. Xbox teh hueg, and all that.

If they aren't, where is it? Why isn't it standard across all platforms? Nobody wants to tackle it.

Anyway, stoked about the Spider-Man game finally! 🙂

It is literally on PlayStation. You can do it now. Nobody cares because it turns out Gamepass in more what people want.

You can do it on PC and Playstation, X Box could if they want and if you're asking why Nintendo is bad at internet I've got two Pokemon games to sell you

Nothing was 'killed'. It just turns out people don't care that much.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 3, 2022

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

It is literally on PlayStation. You can do it now. Nobody cares because it turns out Gamepass in more what people want.

You can do it on PC and Playstation, X Box could if they want and if you're asking why Nintendo is bad at internet I've got two Pokemon games to sell you

Nothing was 'killed'. It just turns out people don't care that much.

Nah. I'm from Internet, we never update our facts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nah. I'm from Internet, we never update our facts.

Fair enough, good day sir or madam or neutral.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I’m replaying Arkham knight since Arkham trilogy was on sale for a song on a ps5 and this game still looks amazing 7 years on. I’m a huge fan of the iron bat aesthetic for Batman since it makes way more sense than him running around in tights and panties and the gameplay still holds up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I’m replaying Arkham knight since Arkham trilogy was on sale for a song on a ps5 and this game still looks amazing 7 years on. I’m a huge fan of the iron bat aesthetic for Batman since it makes way more sense than him running around in tights and panties and the gameplay still holds up

Arkham Knight has aged better now that it has all the content from the start, even if I still hate the batcar.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's hard to believe that Arkham Knight runs on a (heavily modified) version of Unreal Engine 3. It's one of the prettiest games of the PS4-era and it came out so early and on ran such outdated tech. Wild.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Right. Everyone had convinced themselves somehow that Microsoft would just allow unlimited 10 way sharing.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames

BiggerBoat posted:

Is anybody really jazzed for this new Arkham game?
People who think Iron Man isn't pro-american propaganda, didn't realize that Camp Omega in MGSV was an obvious political message, and think manchin is the SOLE reason why biden "can't get anything done". Apparently the idea of an old man being able to be bribed to vote yes for reproductive rights is immoral, but not voting against them in the first.

Arkham Knights is gonna be copaganda bullshit like the Spidey ps4 games are. I'd recommend instead playing Half Life 2 for a realistic portrayal of what the First Nation people has gone through in history. America should be burned to the ground, fact.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheNamedSavior posted:

People who think Iron Man isn't pro-american propaganda, didn't realize that Camp Omega in MGSV was an obvious political message, and think manchin is the SOLE reason why biden "can't get anything done". Apparently the idea of an old man being able to be bribed to vote yes for reproductive rights is immoral, but not voting against them in the first.

Arkham Knights is gonna be copaganda bullshit like the Spidey ps4 games are. I'd recommend instead playing Half Life 2 for a realistic portrayal of what the First Nation people has gone through in history. America should be burned to the ground, fact.

sir this is a wendy's

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm so confused.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Man is attacked by corrupt cops in literally the opening mission of the game.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Part of Bruce Wayne's reason for becoming Batman is because of the rampant corruption in the Gotham City Police.

However ultimately if you are concerned about copaganda, then perhaps superhero comics are not for you. Because despite them all being about vigilantes, they do all turn the criminals in to the cops later.

Except the Punisher I guess.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

They split the difference in Spider-Gwen by making the Punisher a corrupt cop! :eng101: I wish they hadn't done away with that storyline so quickly. I think there was potential for a bigger story arc there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JordanKai posted:

I wish they hadn't done away with that storyline so quickly. I think there was potential for a bigger story arc there.

This but for the whole of Spider-Gwen

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Spider-Gwen gets the Venom pass; "This costume design is too goddamn sweet to throw away"

I do hope they manage to do better with her in the comics some day. It's a little hosed up how much better Gwenpool is.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Lobok posted:

Spider-Man is attacked by corrupt cops in literally the opening mission of the game.

Serious question, is that portrayed as an outlier or is it shown that there’s no meaningful difference between corrupt cops and just cops

Because the former doesn’t threaten standard copaganda messaging at all

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Captain Oblivious posted:

Serious question, is that portrayed as an outlier or is it shown that there’s no meaningful difference between corrupt cops and just cops

Well one of the side missions is reprogramming cell towers to spy on citizens for the NYPD so take a loving guess

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Why does Spider-Man need to hack the database to get a map of New York he HAS a phone

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That one poster's nutso, but it is a fair complaint that the first Spider-man is mild copaganda. You have a friend that's one of the "good ones" for a while, and you ultimately do help policemen fairly often in the more "mundane" stuff like helping out in a car crash. And that mission where you literally help them spy on the city so you can also do that. Fisk has an army of cops under his belt, and it's a whole-rear end river of them you get to mulch but the implication is still that the majority of the NYPD is good.

They really tone it down in Miles Morales just by having way less interactions with the police.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

I think that cops shooting at Spider-Man is just taken for granted at this point. It's not like he's under any risk of actually being hit under most circumstances, and unlike cops shooting at Superman it's not symbolic in a way that might raise eyebrows. Spider-Man is a freaky weirdo that people hate for no good reason, and cops loving shooting people they can get away with shooting, therefore cops shoot at Spider-Man

there is probably a meaningful conversation to be had between Peter and Miles where the latter points out that the former should probably be more upset about it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

Part of Bruce Wayne's reason for becoming Batman is because of the rampant corruption in the Gotham City Police.

However ultimately if you are concerned about copaganda, then perhaps superhero comics are not for you. Because despite them all being about vigilantes, they do all turn the criminals in to the cops later.

Except the Punisher I guess.

The character who has the most reason to be running on constant ACAB energy is Batman but he doesn't and like you said, the reality of superhero comics is that they're going to be working with or alongside cops at some point.

Even during those periods in the comics when Spider-Man's basically a wanted man he doesn't hate them or think they're all bad, he wants to get in their good graces. The surveillance tower thing bugged me too and I'd like to not have to do those again, or it'd be cool to be in an adversarial relationship with them (the events of the DLC might tie into that?) but the character is simply not going to be singing NWA songs anytime soon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a fantasy world where people fly and can shoot goldballs, it's okay if the cops are mostly good so that every single comic doesn't have to be about dealing with cops.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Aphrodite posted:

It's a fantasy world where people fly and can shoot goldballs, it's okay if the cops are mostly good so that every single comic doesn't have to be about dealing with cops.

The problem is pretty much every piece of media is also doing that and it wraps around to a net constant atmosphere of copaganda which in turn influences public perception

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think it really needs to be defended. The only one here saying "Spider-Man is a bad game because he has positive interactions with the cops" is the same person who wandered in here cocked and ready to go with a Cspam post. The rest of us can all acknowledge copaganda is a thing and be aware of it in a more nuanced way than thing bad because one part bad/actually it's all fine.

Those segments are, no matter how you feel about the issue, extremely loving cringe anyway and I don't throw that word around lightly like it literally made me cringe. It's also overall a pretty small part of the game, and even then if it's a breaking point for some people that's fine. They're entitled to feel that way.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 5, 2022

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Right. Everyone had convinced themselves somehow that Microsoft would just allow unlimited 10 way sharing.

Whaaat? If that what some of y'all actually thought... I can see where disagreements might occur. Weird, wild stuff. Anyhoo,

Aphrodite posted:

Some people have better imaginations/less untreated trauma than other. It's why people are still fighting about "evil" races in D&D and are still mad that one guy from Vampire: The Masquerade nearly caused an international incident by saying that in his make-pretend game that the horrendous chit going down in Chechnya was all really caused by vampire masterminds as a cover.

I get them not being fans of cops.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

This is only tangentially related to the copaganda argument, but I hate that there is a super prison in the Marvel universe called Ryker's Island. New York has a real facility called Rikers Island, but it's a jail, not a supermax prison or anything like that. A lot of people are unaware of the difference between a jail and a prison already, we don't need Marvel adding to the confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Outlier. Half his banter while web-swinging is with a police detective where he keeps referring to himself as "Spider-Cop" and you unlock detailed maps (like climbing on tall poo poo in Assassin's Creed games) by repairing the NYPDs surveillance towers.

Edit: I will say the stuff with the Silver Sable pmrc is very anti pmrc and anti militarization of law enforcement.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 5, 2022