Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this motherfucker says mare-io, even though he knows to do it the right way when he's in character, it's hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this Melanie Pillman stuff on WOR is tragic.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

this motherfucker says mare-io, even though he knows to do it the right way when he's in character, it's hosed up

Just to clear the good name of Charles Martinet, I think he only says "Marry O" at the start when quoting an executive. Lots of correct Mar E. Os later on in the video...

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Skjorte posted:

Just to clear the good name of Charles Martinet, I think he only says "Marry O" at the start when quoting an executive. Lots of correct Mar E. Os later on in the video...

being from TERF Island, I grew up saying 'Marry-O', and when LPs came about I always found it weird to hear you Yanks calling him 'Mar E. O', to the point where I was never phased by folks like slowbeef calling him 'Mary-O'

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Cringing is something you do, that reflects on you, and how you react to things. Someone else can't "be cringe". Thanks for TED talk

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

El Generico posted:

Cringing is something you do, that reflects on you, and how you react to things. Someone else can't "be cringe". Thanks for TED talk

I mean sure but "you've said something extremely foolish" and "you're posting cringe" are pretty clearly getting at the same idea and one of them makes you sound like Pai Mei when you say it out loud

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

El Generico posted:

another cringe post. add it to the chart

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This argument is cheugy

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

History Comes Inside! posted:

This argument is cheugy

it's very annoy

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Holy poo poo the skit at the end of today’s WOR

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

on a serious note, gently caress linguistic prescriptivism. Language evolves. It is possible to be cringe and post cringe. Get over it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Look at the adjective: cringe!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Venomous posted:

on a serious note, gently caress linguistic prescriptivism. Language evolves. It is possible to be cringe and post cringe. Get over it

this post is stink

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

StarkRavingMad posted:

this post is stink

You're wronk

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

0konner posted:

Lost it when Dave had to interrupt the bit to explain what exactly Vince was charged with back during the steroid trial. Just peak comedy

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Whoolighams posted:

You're wronk

wronked yourself into a stink

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

0konner posted:

Dave: We're both sworn in.... well... Vince is sworn in.

:allears:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Venomous posted:

It's not a linguistic criticism.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

worked linguistics

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Thanks to whoever linked some Deadlock stuff for the good new show

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Venomous posted:

being from TERF Island, I grew up saying 'Marry-O', and when LPs came about I always found it weird to hear you Yanks calling him 'Mar E. O', to the point where I was never phased by folks like slowbeef calling him 'Mary-O'

New Jersey/New York is def the place where Mary-O is home to due to the Italian heritage there. I have heard that the guys there will get mad if you pronounce it the other way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In regards to NXT:

Bryan: You should watch the show, i-
Vinny: No.
Bryan: -t's n-
Vinny: No!
Bryan: -ot th-
Vinny: NO!
Bryan: -at bad.
Vinny: NO!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The edit point for the ending of this WOR clip about Cody and Hell in A Cell is primo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUAPQ1mumZo

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
A Shoot Hispanic

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You know who has been hit in the face with a ball sack? Mandy Rose. It's WWE canon.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

D.N. Nation posted:

You know who has been hit in the face with a ball sack? Mandy Rose. It's WWE canon.

By that logic, she also got soaked, tied up, marked, had a wad thrown on her, and then got slammed.

... the worst part is, this was probably Ace's notes.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Oh my god Bryan and Dave reading the transcript of Vince's deposition is one of the funniest things ever. A must listen from the Sunday WOR

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sleep with the vicious posted:

Oh my god Bryan and Dave reading the transcript of Vince's deposition is one of the funniest things ever. A must listen from the Sunday WOR

soooo good.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

James: plus the 2008 financial crash that devastated the nation affecting everyone happened
Johnny: I'm not familiar with that

Almost fell off my bike during that exchange

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

James: plus the 2008 financial crash that devastated the nation affecting everyone happened
Johnny: I'm not familiar with that

Almost fell off my bike during that exchange

I felt myself age one hundred years.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Later on: "my superpower was blissful ignorance" lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I felt myself age one hundred years.

To be fair, Johnny's grasp of the real world is tenuous at best.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'd gently caress JR, barbecue style. Marry Rikishi, normal style.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Steak frights.

Bryan Alvarez is a gift.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bryan doing a lot of stanning for the wwe company line lately, between the Sasha stuff and now the Cody doctors. sickening.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Good Listener posted:

I'd gently caress JR, barbecue style. Marry Rikishi, normal style.

I was dying laughing at this part of the Q&A. And the realization of "well if you marry Rikishi you'd join a cool as hell family".

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
If you like Dave talking about the territories, today’s Observer Radio has 20+ minutes of uninterrupted Dave talking about St. Louis wrestling. I loved it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TL posted:

If you like Dave talking about the territories, today’s Observer Radio has 20+ minutes of uninterrupted Dave talking about St. Louis wrestling. I loved it.

yeah it was great

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Also, last night’s Raw seems to have really broken Bryan. Great show all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

neoaxd posted:

To be fair, Johnny's grasp of the real world is tenuous at best.
Johnny is deep in the wrestling bubble compared to most; I guess we know when they recorded this Deadlock since there was no talk of the injuries or talent being sick