Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I thought it was meant to be good, honestly, because the landlady from Kung Fu Hustle is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Khizan posted:

I thought it was meant to be good, honestly, because the landlady from Kung Fu Hustle is awesome.

That's what I got out of it. She's more cynical, but she does rule.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Hexel posted:

:same:

Which reminds me, I saw something on reddit a while ago that made me lol

Since it's from reddit, I'm sure there was no racist intent at all!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
That meme definitely isn't intended to be flattering, but The Landlady is objectively awesome so that helps.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

There's a new official amazon site up for the emmy's consideration event which gathered a ton of content in one place.

https://www.consideramazon.com/title/the-wheel-of-time

If you scroll through the content here there's a video of the 32 minute Q&A panel they had. I can't direct link to it.

There's also a bunch of behind the scenes clips and featurettes and poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/WomenOfTime/status/1532411482088083456?s=20&t=GkBw9XS9jCpDKfWQwNUt0g

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

rocketrobot posted:

Since it's from reddit, I'm sure there was no racist intent at all!

It was from the bookcloak sub which tells you all you need to know about intent, but I love the landlady so it made me chuckle.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

"Sometimes he caught glimpses of Rand and Min, and it seemed those two were carrying on something awful"

You heard it here first, Mat is a goon

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Mat is definitely a goon, he wears a fedora and thinks his other super nerdy friends are real womanizers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Invalid Validation posted:

Mat is definitely a goon, he wears a fedora and thinks his other super nerdy friends are real womanizers.

The funny thing is he's slaying mad pussy and is a literal hero but thinks he's an awkward dork

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The funny thing is he's slaying mad pussy and is a literal hero but thinks he's an awkward dork

ya i find him very relatable

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I loved his whole "Who the hell is corrupting Olver??" running gag in the last few books.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Him thinking to himself that if he ever found out which of the redarms taught the boy to leer...

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

To his credit on reread, he's quite aware that he's good at finding lovers and making them happy in the moment, he just thinks the others are much better at comforting, negotiating, or generally getting along with women outside of that. So it's a much more himbo anxiety than the other two. Particularly when he feels he's a joke to the women he's trying to help/protect but isn't in any kind of relationship with.

Not that this diminishes how little he knows of how the other two are.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

"We can die at Tarmon Gaidon" is such a good line.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Speculation time!

Rafe Judkins and Taylor Napier are currently in the Chortens of Nepal. Literally called: The Mountain Kingdoms of Nepal. Now this could be a vacation but Nepal seems like an odd choice since they mostly seem to vacay in Tenerife and Mediterranean type areas. Plus they have others with them?

I think this could be location scouting for season 3.

Cold Rocks Hold?

Also: Amazon announced season 4 of The Boys today, which is the same week of their season 3 debut, which should give us an idea of when we should expect to hear about a WoT season 3.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yo that would be a fully sick Waste

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Yeah those look like what I imagined the holds to be

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Just got to "tits out for Egwene" in my re-listen, and that scene was hard enough ot take seriously the first time, but now that I'm aware of "dicks out for Rand" the whole thing just made me laugh! :laugh:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mystery solved

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1537120678054445056?s=20&t=M9CJ3kmejxelqQNmWyzv6g

Possible Verin.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Oh poo poo theres more

Text of a dialogue scene between Perrin and Aviendha which gives us a good idea on how she’ll be intro’d

I should clarify that this is text of an audition tape since twitter is about to riot over Gaul being cut.

https://twitter.com/geekyeri/status/1537125555006451712?s=21&t=4eZcgRVe5towADezs4rEjw

Hexel fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 15, 2022

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I thought for sure it was Meera Syal but I guess this lady would make a fine Verin.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 15, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, she looks great. Do we have a name?

Four posts up :negative:

Rima Te Wiata, another Kiwi :)

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 15, 2022

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yeah, she looks great. Do we have a name?

Four posts up :negative:

Rima Te Wiata, another Kiwi :)

She got a couple more photos on her insta with the owl and the caption says: getting used to one another

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXg7WnPK5rA/

Verin keeps an owl in her rooms

wotwiki posted:

Her rooms are full of books, scrolls, maps and skulls. There is also a brown owl that sits on a skull to keep the mice down as they chew paper

https://wot.fandom.com/wiki/Verin_Mathwin

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Hexel posted:

Oh poo poo theres more

Text of a dialogue scene between Perrin and Aviendha which gives us a good idea on how she’ll be intro’d

I should clarify that this is text of an audition tape since twitter is about to riot over Gaul being cut.

https://twitter.com/geekyeri/status/1537125555006451712?s=21&t=4eZcgRVe5towADezs4rEjw

Even that doesn't sound like they're going to cut Gaul. It sounds like a good way to introduce Aviendha and the Aiel, including Gaul, to the story before she starts her training and has to go hang around Rand all the time.

Or since it's just a leak of an audition, they changed the names in case it got leaked by someone so as to stop people from figuring out what's happening.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

seaborgium posted:

Even that doesn't sound like they're going to cut Gaul

Yeah that reminds me the last time twitter freaked out over Gaul possibly being cut and somebody asked Judkins about it in a Q&A

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

New article about Prime Video numbers and unsurprisingly WoT is one of their biggest hits.

The Hollywood Reporter posted:

Prime Video’s three biggest original series in the past two-plus years, as measured by Nielsen — Reacher, The Wheel of Time and The Boys (season two)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/amazons-most-viewed-series-behind-the-numbers-for-prime-video-originals-1235165556/

4.91 billion minutes

:eyepop:

Hexel fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 15, 2022

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Shoot a special Reacher crossover episode, Rafe you God damned coward.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

How are u posted:

Shoot a special Reaper crossover episode, Rafe you God damned coward.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I'd watch it

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Reacher as a clan chief who says no

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Democratic Pirate posted:

Reacher as a clan chief who says no

He might work as Couladin? The actor who plays him is gigantic, so it might work.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Might have already been pointed out, but I'm reading the first Jordan Conan book for the first time (I've read a few others piecemeal), and the scene where Rand scales the palace wall and is like "with the cliffs I climbed back home these vine carvings are easy!"?

He used that exact scene almost verbatim in Conan the Invincible. Hilarious!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I've never read the Jordan Conan books, are they good?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Regarding the Aviendha/ Perrin script: it's been pointed out by some that before season one premiered we got our hands on a number of scripts and audition tapes and such and they were pretty drat accurate and unchanged once the season came out.

That doesn't mean that there might not be some code in there like when she says he "swings the sword well," seems like an odd choice for an aiel to praise sword skills and might be code for dancing the spears. :shrug:

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

How are u posted:

They're fine, and fun. They're very, very horny. You get to see Jordan unrestrained by the genre shackles of Wheel of Time.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

How are u posted:

How do you feel about the spanking parts of WoT? Because turn that dial to 11

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
They sound awesome.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I finished book 14 and now I feel empty.

My overall opinions don't differ much from thread consensus, but one moment that doesn't get mentioned much is Mat and the boys going over their ridiculous aliases and elaborate backstories for their undercover mission that never happens. I was legit cracking up laughing. It also brought to rest a big complaint I was having up to that point, which was not enough Verin.

Random thoughts in no order:

Moiraine and Verin were great, but did every Aes Sedai who shows up after them really have to be so awful?

I wish we had got more from the Forsaken perspective, I enjoyed the occasional check ins we got from them.

I found Egwene's story to be the most frustrating. Come on, you know Rand. Just meet up with him for 15 minutes and tell each other what the hell you're both trying to do.

Both Elayne and Perrin's stories would have been much more enjoyable if Perrin's crew would have got to Camelyn around Book 10. The whole Manetheren angle could have dovetailed with the succession drama in an interesting way.

I enjoyed Perrin and Slayer's Matrix fight a lot. More Slayer perspective would have been cool too, he's one of the more interesting ideas in the series.

Two years is way too short for all this stuff to have happened, it makes more sense if the series took place over a decade or so.

The Last Battle was fun, but way too much of main character does something cool, tertiary character tells them how cool it was.

Best parts were Rand in Rhuidean, I win again, Lews Therin montage, the trips to the Finn, Mat busting into the Stone and seeing Rand already climbing up, everything with the Band doing their thing, Perrin rallying the Two Rivers.

Biggest disappointments were not enough Verin and Thom, both were so great in the early books and feel like they were rarely used in the middle sections. Cadsuane was fine but Moiraine and Verin were much more enjoyable.

I really did not like the triple marriage. I found everything about it to be gross.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

In Randland polygamy is legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

In Randland polygamy is legal.

Actually not quite.

Myrelle "in defiance of all laws and customs married all of her warders" or something like that.