Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Thanks everyone; Eweka + Frugal + Blocknews should be a robust stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Finally got around to looking through TRaSH and man this is nicer. Though 95% of that is me being an idiot and running my containers with p/guid setting from a different server setup. Probs should make a dedicated Docker user with limited access and kick the containers over to that.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Warbird posted:

Finally got around to looking through TRaSH and man this is nicer. Though 95% of that is me being an idiot and running my containers with p/guid setting from a different server setup. Probs should make a dedicated Docker user with limited access and kick the containers over to that.

Yeah trash is pretty slick. I just set this up today too to sync my local stack with trash. Seems to be working fine on unraid so far https://github.com/recyclarr/recyclarr

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
Oh man, googling for TRaSH was quite a challenge. Is this the thing you're talking about? https://trash-guides.info/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep that's the one.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Thanks everyone; Eweka + Frugal + Blocknews should be a robust stack.

Eweka may not be ultimately needed depending on what you are after. if the $$$ isnt a big concern i guess its good insurance.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

kri kri posted:

Yeah trash is pretty slick. I just set this up today too to sync my local stack with trash. Seems to be working fine on unraid so far https://github.com/recyclarr/recyclarr

Oh that’s nice. It’s really not that much trouble to tweak them yourself though. I’m sure someone has a container stack somewhere that has all this predone if you’re feeling especially lazy. The only issue is that I moved off of transmission to qBitTorrent and while it works fine I still need to sort out how to handle auto extracting and so forth though I’m sure that’s a solved problem.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Warbird posted:

Oh that’s nice. It’s really not that much trouble to tweak them yourself though. I’m sure someone has a container stack somewhere that has all this predone if you’re feeling especially lazy. The only issue is that I moved off of transmission to qBitTorrent and while it works fine I still need to sort out how to handle auto extracting and so forth though I’m sure that’s a solved problem.

Yeah - I have been managing themself, but I am getting lazier with age so if something can be automated I am all for it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SlipperyNipple posted:

Eweka may not be ultimately needed depending on what you are after. if the $$$ isnt a big concern i guess its good insurance.

Yeah, with Sonarr/Radarr along with Newshosting and a good indexer I haven't personally missed my block account expiring a year or so back tbh.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SlipperyNipple posted:

I'm still in the free trial. 7 euros a month isn't too bad on top of Frugal, but the latter really is an incredible deal with the Blocknews coupon.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

I'm still in the free trial. 7 euros a month isn't too bad on top of Frugal, but the latter really is an incredible deal with the Blocknews coupon.

funny, i really do not use the blocknews access that much. the usenet farm access on frugal is what makes the deal for me.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SlipperyNipple posted:

funny, i really do not use the blocknews access that much. the usenet farm access on frugal is what makes the deal for me.
What's special about Usenet Farm?

New question: is anyone getting a bug with NZBGet where you have to reinstall it every time you reboot / resume from sleep?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Shumagorath posted:

New question: is anyone getting a bug with NZBGet where you have to reinstall it every time you reboot / resume from sleep?

No...

What's happening in these situations that makes you think it needs to be reinstalled? What's it doing or not doing?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Does anyone have any experience with mergerfs? I just want to pool together 3 drives so I thought that might be the easiest. However, keeping all the SABnzbd/Sonarr/Radarr settings as before, some weird permission issue is cropping up. SABnzbd thinks it cannot write to the drive and/or says the disk is full (it's not) but small files like TV show episodes get downloaded nonetheless, while bigger downloads just end up producing so many errors that SABnzbd pauses the downloading.

Doing docker execute into the container shows that I can't create anything as the assigned user while root works. However, when deleting a file as root it says that the file doesn't exist, even though it does and it does get deleted.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

lordfrikk posted:

Does anyone have any experience with mergerfs? I just want to pool together 3 drives so I thought that might be the easiest. However, keeping all the SABnzbd/Sonarr/Radarr settings as before, some weird permission issue is cropping up. SABnzbd thinks it cannot write to the drive and/or says the disk is full (it's not) but small files like TV show episodes get downloaded nonetheless, while bigger downloads just end up producing so many errors that SABnzbd pauses the downloading.

Doing docker execute into the container shows that I can't create anything as the assigned user while root works. However, when deleting a file as root it says that the file doesn't exist, even though it does and it does get deleted.

I used mergerfs for years before moving on to ZFS, so it'd be from memory, but maybe I can help if you post some details because there's not enough to go on from this post.

Some relevant bits would be where you are using mergerfs to create the union mountpoint (host system or container), what user is running mergerfs, what mount options you are using, how the mergerfs mount is being mapped into the containers you're having trouble with, and so on.

You do have the allow_other mount option, right? Some 'ls -la' type output where you fail to write/root gets error on delete would be nice too.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

wolrah posted:

No...

What's happening in these situations that makes you think it needs to be reinstalled? What's it doing or not doing?
I go to launch it from Start and I see a brief terminal window pop up then nothing in the system tray / task manager / etc. I reinstall it and launching it from Start opens the web UI and it starts consuming NZBs from the appropriate folder.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Prevent the terminal window from automatically closing and see if it's printing an error message before exiting?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Rufus Ping posted:

Prevent the terminal window from automatically closing and see if it's printing an error message before exiting?
How would I do that? It's so fast I only see the outline.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

How would I do that? It's so fast I only see the outline.

Try opening a DOS window and manually running the .exe. It's been a while but I think you can just either browse to the install folder and enter nzbget.exe or whatever the main executable is called, or copy the path directly out of the Start Menu shortcut and paste that into DOS.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Keito posted:

I used mergerfs for years before moving on to ZFS, so it'd be from memory, but maybe I can help if you post some details because there's not enough to go on from this post.

Some relevant bits would be where you are using mergerfs to create the union mountpoint (host system or container), what user is running mergerfs, what mount options you are using, how the mergerfs mount is being mapped into the containers you're having trouble with, and so on.

You do have the allow_other mount option, right? Some 'ls -la' type output where you fail to write/root gets error on delete would be nice too.

Thank you for your help!

I use OMV6 to manage everything, and from what I can tell it's running directly on the host system. I have 3 physical drives mounted to /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-$UUID and the mergerfs union mountpoint is /srv/mergerfs/storage. mergerfs is running as root. The mount options are allow_other, cache.files=off, use_ino, dev, and suid. In the containers the volumes are mapped to /srv/mergerfs/storage/$FOLDER. The user and group of the folders in the containers is the same (UID 1000, GID 100).

The raw ps aux | grep merger output is:

code:
root        1133  0.1  0.1 315968 11840 ?        S<sl 09:52   0:01 mergerfs storage:0cb17d37-057f-4482-993a-d080190cc915 /srv/mergerfs/storage -o rw,branches=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-8395dcd4-48bf-4a01-a626-9a7f4cddb339:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-92c9f992-2c0d-44bf-a534-d26c3e9e0000:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d434c000-eb91-40e4-8fe3-1cb9f1fc456a,category.create=epmfs,minfreespace=200G,fsname=storage:0cb17d37-057f-4482-993a-d080190cc915,allow_other,cache.files=off,use_ino,dev,suid
The issue with no space left after exec'ing into a container:

code:
root@49a9b4628399:/downloads#ls -la
total 16
drwxrwsr-x 4 abc  abc  4096 Jun  7 17:18 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Jun  7 16:06 ..
drwxrwsr-x 2 abc  abc  4096 Jun  2 16:17 bin
drwxrwsr-x 3 abc  abc  4096 Jun  7 17:15 tv
root@49a9b4628399:/downloads#df -h .
Filesystem                                    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
storage:0cb17d37-057f-4482-993a-d080190cc915   22T  7.1T   15T  33% /downloads
root@49a9b4628399:/downloads#touch test
touch: cannot touch 'test': No space left on device

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I have actually figured it out... I set 200 GB min space and the drive where I've originally stored all the files has less than that now. The policy was set to existing path, most free space but the paths did not exist on the other drives 🤦 Which policy is the best for just saving to one drive then selecting another drive when the space runs out if I don't want to micromanage folders?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

lordfrikk posted:

I have actually figured it out... I set 200 GB min space and the drive where I've originally stored all the files has less than that now. The policy was set to existing path, most free space but the paths did not exist on the other drives 🤦 Which policy is the best for just saving to one drive then selecting another drive when the space runs out if I don't want to micromanage folders?

Thanks for the info dump, I was about to ask you about that minfreespace setting but you beat me to it.

I had a look at the fstab file from my old file server and was also using epmfs for create. The setting you likely want to enable here is moveonenospc=true, so that it's written to another disk when the one with the existing path is "full".

https://github.com/trapexit/mergerf...space-available

Edit: Alternatively you can switch to the mfs policy if you don't care about "grouping" stuff together on single disks, instead just writing wherever has the most free space. This is much faster than moveonenospc if the error is returned mid-write, not having to redo everything towards another disk.

Keito fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jun 8, 2022

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Keito posted:

Thanks for the info dump, I was about to ask you about that minfreespace setting but you beat me to it.

I had a look at the fstab file from my old file server and was also using epmfs for create. The setting you likely want to enable here is moveonenospc=true, so that it's written to another disk when the one with the existing path is "full".

https://github.com/trapexit/mergerf...space-available

Edit: Alternatively you can switch to the mfs policy if you don't care about "grouping" stuff together on single disks, instead just writing wherever has the most free space. This is much faster than moveonenospc if the error is returned mid-write, not having to redo everything towards another disk.

I've set it to "all" and it works! "mfs" wouldn't work for some reason...

mergerfs is a bit more involved than I imagine, however, I will say that I am a huge idiot who didn't read anything about mergerfs before setting it up so it's 100% on me. It's actually surprising nothing burned down because of my stupidity :v:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Takes No Damage posted:

Try opening a DOS window and manually running the .exe. It's been a while but I think you can just either browse to the install folder and enter nzbget.exe or whatever the main executable is called, or copy the path directly out of the Start Menu shortcut and paste that into DOS.
So I did this and it turns out the NZBGet service wasn't installed. I didn't even know it did that. But I also can't get the GUI to launch from Start?

I know I can net start nzbget, but that's not how it worked on Windows 10...?

The command shell from https://nzbget.net/installation-on-windows also doesn't work as advertised.

FYI running the installer as admin doesn't create the service either.

edit: Ok this is it - drat my temptation for a better terminal

https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/issues/792

Switching back to the Windows Console as my default terminal fixed the issue, no service installation necessary. The reason it was working after a reinstall each time was that the installer must exec NZBGet from inside its own process rather than whatever the default behaviour of the installed EXE is.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 9, 2022

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

has anyone had issue configuring Lunasea to talk to SABNZBD+? everything else on my system (sonarr, radarr) works fine, but I cant for the life of me get it to talk to SAB.

have turned on external access and have tried with and without authentication. Keep getting a 403 error from Lunaseas connection test which seems to suggest the authentication method is not 'basic' and needs custom headers?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Laserface posted:

has anyone had issue configuring Lunasea to talk to SABNZBD+? everything else on my system (sonarr, radarr) works fine, but I cant for the life of me get it to talk to SAB.

have turned on external access and have tried with and without authentication. Keep getting a 403 error from Lunaseas connection test which seems to suggest the authentication method is not 'basic' and needs custom headers?

Mine is just set up with the API key from SABnzbd's Settings->General. Works fine.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont really need SAB in there with the other two working fine, but when i used my Lunasea to add a show last night when out with friends I wasnt getting prowl notifications to show each episode downloading (because it was a full series in a single pack) which prompted me to bother setting it up.

I can live without the functionality but the head scratcher is bothering me now.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Does anyone know what format Radarr expects for custom list's?

The FAQ is completely blank for it.

I've tried a JSON arrays of:

code:

[{tmdbid:500},{tmdbid:501}...]

And

[{id:500},{id:501}...]

Both add okay, but no films are fetched.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Tea Bone posted:

Does anyone know what format Radarr expects for custom list's?

The FAQ is completely blank for it.

I've tried a JSON arrays of:

code:

[{tmdbid:500},{tmdbid:501}...]

And

[{id:500},{id:501}...]

Both add okay, but no films are fetched.

Are you talking about having Radarr look at a film list from a website and pull from it? If so, you shouldn't need to manually import a file like that, just make sure the list is public and feed Radarr the URL. I tried IMDB first and couldn't get it to work right, but TheMovieDB worked right away and has been going steady for a while now.

This reddit thread also seems to have some more options for creating custom lists, but I haven't used the sites they mention so not completely sure how they work:
https://www.reddit.com/r/radarr/comments/q1vhsk/what_list_is_everyone_using_2021_update/

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Takes No Damage posted:

Are you talking about having Radarr look at a film list from a website and pull from it? If so, you shouldn't need to manually import a file like that, just make sure the list is public and feed Radarr the URL. I tried IMDB first and couldn't get it to work right, but TheMovieDB worked right away and has been going steady for a while now.

This reddit thread also seems to have some more options for creating custom lists, but I haven't used the sites they mention so not completely sure how they work:
https://www.reddit.com/r/radarr/comments/q1vhsk/what_list_is_everyone_using_2021_update/

Sorry I was tired when I wrote that and didn't make it very clear what I was trying to do.

I was talking about rendering a list from a website I own that radarr can parse. I've got a small custom watchlist app and I'd like Radarr to automatically pull in movies from it.

I've worked it out now though. I was right the first time around, it's just a json array of {id:tmdbid}. Turns out it wasn't working because the id's I was using as a test were already in my library.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Not sure if this is the best thread, but anybody ever gently caress around with Open Matte releases? I saw this Jurassic Park one, here's a clip on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PE3KUOAxKk

Kind of neat. The grain, the mic that accidentally gets in the frame above Malcom's head, the coloring, etc.

I see there's a handful of releases labeled Open Matte. I would REALLY like it for something like Friday the 13th so it would look more like it did as I remember it growing up, but those don't seem to be around.

Edit: What the gently caress, they the Friday series does exist. As does Nightmare and whole poo poo of other stuff. Plus a whole lot other stuff that are labeled VHS Rip. drat.

Violator fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 30, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

James Cameron was a big fan of open matte releases from memory, I think it definitely helped with the 2.35:1 aspect films that were released on VHS as you'd either have insane letterboxing on a 4:3 display or just an absolute ton of pan/scan work. It's interesting to see these releases go by for sure, and a lot of official HD releases of 90s TV shows are essentially done this way except the mattes were to the left and right of the picture. Sometimes it's mostly fine (Friends, the odd bit of scenery but who really cares), sometimes it's bad... infamously bad (Buffy).

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I remember seeing a Matrix version that had a bigger frame and you could see some green screen around, maybe it was open matte?

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
Does anyone know if it's possible to map a domain name A record to dynamic DNS? I use overseer and have it publicly accessible via a subdomain, but my home network IP changes pretty much every week. I tried putting in the dynamic DNS address (created via noip) as an A record but says it only allows IPV4 addresses only (Google domains).

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

UncleGuito posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to map a domain name A record to dynamic DNS? I use overseer and have it publicly accessible via a subdomain, but my home network IP changes pretty much every week. I tried putting in the dynamic DNS address (created via noip) as an A record but says it only allows IPV4 addresses only (Google domains).

There's a few containers that you have updaters that will go to your DNS provider every so often and update their IP.

https://github.com/qdm12/ddns-updater

I've used this one, I had a lot of weird problems with it, but I think that was just my own problems, and not relating to the container itself.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Just to be clear, is that some elaborate editing shitpost or an actual release/version/whatever?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

UncleGuito posted:

If you have your own domain, I just got overseerr working with Cloudflare tunnels and it rocks (no more home IP in DNS records).

E: Between cloudflared and Tailscale I no longer have any ports open on my firewall aside from Plex.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

UncleGuito posted:

use a CNAME rather than an A record

overseer.yourdomain.biz CNAME yourhomepc.noip.com.

(yourhomepc.noip.com then has an A record to your home IP - noip handle this part)

Violator
May 15, 2003

Warbird posted:

Just to be clear, is that some elaborate editing shitpost or an actual release/version/whatever?

Not entirely sure, still reading about it, but folks in some of the comments are saying this is a scan of a 35mm print used for theatrical projection. Not an official home release in the very least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_matte

Violator fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Okay but why did the aspect ratio keep changing in the scan