Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iirc people turned on Leto when he did the Joker movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Yeah, his "method acting to the point its a huge problem on set" is the reason I make fun of him.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

euphronius posted:

Iirc people turned on Leto when he did the Joker movies.

I don't even think he was horrible as the Joker. I just think that the Joker was written like poo poo in that movie, as was the rest of the movie.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Yeah, his "method acting to the point its a huge problem on set" is the reason I make fun of him.

Its this, tbh. People turned in him because he decided to method act the joker, a Character whos whole reason for existing is making life hell for everyone around them.

He needs to take RDJs advice from tropic thunder, and never go full rear end in a top hat

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I thoughtbpeople turned on him when people started posting screen caps of him sliding the DMs of his underage fans?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I never hear people hating on Jared Leto the way people on the internet hate on him. He's a decent actor.

It's basically the Jon Stewart Arby's meme effect

He's not a bad actor (he seems to be a poo poo person but that's a separate question, like with Tom Cruise or Johnny Depp or whatever)

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Once traveled abroad with nothing but carry on small enough to fit under the seat in front. Made the flight much cheaper and saved a whole bunch of time and effort by not having to check any bags or wait ages by the conveyer.

Had to buy a few new pieces of clothes towards the end of the five day trip because I ran out of clean clothes and had no access to a washer but otherwise it worked out perfectly.

Wait, people pack carry on for less than a week for places that are not cold as Hell, Norway?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Heath posted:

I didn't realize how many movies I'd seen that Jared Leto has been in but I never got the sense that he was a bad actor, just kind of a shithead irl

I liked him a lot in Blade Runner 2049 :shobon:

Everyone says this about Blade Runner 2049, until they find out that character was originally going to be played by David Bowie.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

PittTheElder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKmsvRXE4A

this was before Homer was retconned into having been a grunge rocker in his youth

Homer went from being a Boomer to a Gen Xer. In the next ten years they’ll have to turn him into a Millennial.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BonHair posted:

Wait, people pack carry on for less than a week for places that are not cold as Hell, Norway?

I was going to Stockholm in the autumn.

So not very cold but not warm either.

Still had to change my socks and underwear.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bug Squash posted:

Everyone says this about Blade Runner 2049, until they find out that character was originally going to be played by David Bowie.

I mean, yeah, obviously that would have been preferred. I'm picturing Blackstar Bowie as Wallace now

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Homer went from being a Boomer to a Gen Xer. In the next ten years they’ll have to turn him into a Millennial.

Yeah, a millennial with no formal skills, a housewife, three kids, a big house and not even crippling depression. That sounds realistic.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Simpsons should be either have been cancelled after Behind the Laughter or transitioned to a 90s period piece.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BonHair posted:

Yeah, a millennial with no formal skills, a housewife, three kids, a big house and not even crippling depression. That sounds realistic.

Yeah for the Simpsons to keep going Homer would be born in 1988 and Abe would have to be a Vietnam vet that "loaned" Homer $500K to have a house and 3 kids.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jared Leto has been accused in a bunch of places of pedo poo poo too. He's just a godawful person.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Luggage weight chat reminds me that Aaliyah died because they overpacked her small airplane past it's weight tolerances & it crashed.

No, Aaliyah died because Beyonce hired a hitman to sabotage the plane.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Is Jared Leto the one with the island cult

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yessir

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The Bloop posted:

It's basically the Jon Stewart Arby's meme effect

He's not a bad actor (he seems to be a poo poo person but that's a separate question, like with Tom Cruise or Johnny Depp or whatever)

I feel like he's at best not actively detrimental to whatever movie he's when he's just a random character actor, but most of the time it's like he's deliberately seeking out the most insufferable roles to method act as.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I never hear people hating on Jared Leto the way people on the internet hate on him. He's a decent actor.

Well yeah but how many people do you talk to in person on average though? 30? 40? The internet can just blast opinions at you relentlessly regardless of if you ever sought them out in the first place or not.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/481168746787110913/983216349918687303/video0_2.mov

https://i.imgur.com/x0Vp7B7.mp4

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Simpsons should be either have been cancelled after Behind the Laughter or transitioned to a 90s period piece.

I have held the position for many years that "Homer's Enemy" isn't a great regular season episode of the Simpsons, but it works great as a series finale.

*Snore* "change the channel Marge!"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

bike tory posted:

Jared Leto has been accused in a bunch of places of pedo poo poo too. He's just a godawful person.

You're the second person to have mentioned that and people are still talking about his acting.

Just like real life!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jaxyon posted:

You're the second person to have mentioned that and people are still talking about his acting.

Just like real life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G19B7lTgwCE

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

They can also sell you an archery set as well.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Nokia can sell you rubber boots and cellphones.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

rodbeard posted:

I feel like he's at best not actively detrimental to whatever movie he's when he's just a random character actor, but most of the time it's like he's deliberately seeking out the most insufferable roles to method act as.

Be honest, does that not sound like a guy living his dream? It sounds pretty drat fun as a career.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

BonHair posted:

Be honest, does that not sound like a guy living his dream? It sounds pretty drat fun as a career.

I don't know, sounds tiring to have people everywhere constantly talking about how you're an insufferable rear end in a top hat just for doing your job.

edit: Like, people calling you an insufferable rear end in a top hat so much all the time that it even drowns out the credible accusations of pedophilia.

Poops Mcgoots has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Jun 6, 2022

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Home going from unimaginatively older then me, then my age, then unimaginably younger than me has been odd as hell.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
“Hey Hitachi, I need to excavate my lawn to make make my yard squirt oil. While you’re at it, my horny wife wants to squirt too.”

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

“Hey Hitachi, I need to excavate my lawn to make make my yard squirt oil. While you’re at it, my horny wife wants to squirt too.”

same tool for both. i've seen your wife

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dabir posted:

same tool for both. i've seen your wife

drat

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Magic

Wand

In wikipedia speak, Zaibatsu

The 80s scare about Japan is always funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ADaXnuG-YM

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Call and response. Love it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

He's a terrible actor. The only thing he was good in was Requiem. And that's only because he played an rear end in a top hat user/abuser. So it wasn't acting.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WeCrashed is hilarious because he's basically playing Tommy Wiseau for some reason

Adam Neumann is a weirdo but not THAT kind of weird

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hear they're going to call the sequel 2 Morb 2 Morbious.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This is the last word on Jared Leto as far as I am concerned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmke7G3ccjo

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

deoju posted:

This is the last word on Jared Leto as far as I am concerned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmke7G3ccjo

WEll this is obviously fake.

Cantelope is far worse than honeydo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hear that Limp Bizkit's gonna be in Morbius 2: Sinister Six Skrulls