Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Quid, you haven't made a decision yet have you? I'd pick whatever this distilled mental illness is 😇

Sadly Ducati made the decision for me when they started putting wings on the Panigale V4 thereby ruining its inherent Italian beauty. Against the advice of extremely passive aggressive goons who know what I want better than I do I'm probably going with the Honda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

checo winning a second race in a row and having to awkwardly pose with his wife on the podium while jos verstappen bitches about the team not prioritizing max on twitter… this is my deepest wish

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

checo winning a second race in a row and having to awkwardly pose with his wife on the podium while jos verstappen bitches about the team not prioritizing max on twitter… this is my deepest wish

my deepest wish is Horner giving Checo team orders and ignoring them on his way to P1.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That's not nearly as pant making GBS threads as the Panigale V4 onboard lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYaSG_IoAXk

God drat it I want a motorcycle/THAT motorcycle.

-A man without a motorcycle license but with a new son.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

my deepest wish is Horner giving Checo team orders and ignoring them on his way to P1.

Hell yeah

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Sadly Ducati made the decision for me when they started putting wings on the Panigale V4 thereby ruining its inherent Italian beauty. Against the advice of extremely passive aggressive goons who know what I want better than I do I'm probably going with the Honda

I feel like you haven't fully considered how wrong you are according to some Hikikomori on the internet who probably knows a lot about Japanese motorcycles, friend.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Residency Evil posted:

I got you.
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/trail-motorcycle/models/pw50

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

What are the two piss bottles?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Residency Evil posted:

My friend bought one mostly to piss me off with my dinky rear end KTM. He took it out once, opened the throttle and it scared him so much he hasn't ridden it since except back to the dealer for recalls lmao

Charles Leclerc posted:

I feel like you haven't fully considered how wrong you are according to some Hikikomori on the internet who probably knows a lot about Japanese motorcycles, friend.

I'm just glad I asked specifically for feedback on the model I am like 99% gonna buy unless the cams explode or something and got corrected that I'm buying the wrong bike and don't know what I'm talking about. God bless the goon Greek chorus

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

What are the two piss bottles?

Brake fluid reservoirs

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Why does the speedo just stop once he gets over a certain speed? It’s digital right?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Red_Fred posted:

Why does the speedo just stop once he gets over a certain speed? It’s digital right?

My friend, that's just that famous Italian Quality!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Every bike video like that just makes me think of the bike medic guy rip

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Red_Fred posted:

I mean if you get splatted at 160mph or 190mph around the IoM it's not like you're going to be there to brag about how fast you were going when you turned your leathers into a trashbag of human remains.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ethanol posted:

Every bike video like that just makes me think of the bike medic guy rip

Why bother with medics when you're going to need a janitor

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Declan MacManus posted:

My wish is this and also Max's tyres exploding again so that Checo leads the championship.

Checo WDC 2022

It's happening

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The TT claimed another life today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/61707826

3 so far this year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

3 so far this year.

The dumbest racing event anyone has ever conceived

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

your friend wicka posted:

It rules :confused:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

It rules :confused:

serious gaylord posted:

3 so far this year.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Yeah, we get it. The TT owns bones.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That is a literally accurate description of the event, yes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I just clicked that article and the first thing they mention is that he's 52 and regularly races the Macau Grand Prix and IoM TT. Either the dude already had a ton of brain damage and the final gristled chunk left finally gave up while he was on the bike or the universe just sort of self corrected some long overdue Darwin-esque karma on the dude.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
I was actually at the TT for the public ride in 2019; I met a crazy number of people in their 50s and 60s who were just like "I've lived an awesome life - if I've got to check out early this is how and where I want it to happen."

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

eSkootr is the pinnacle of motorsport.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

lmao at the oooh noo the dangerrr goons
Option 1: death or glory at 190mph
Option 2: living long enough to see the world dissolve into ecological crisis alongside the rise of fascism

IoM TT runners have it sussed.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

It still seems a little crazy but yeah I get it as long as they aren't wiping out spectators.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Paddyo posted:

I was actually at the TT for the public ride in 2019; I met a crazy number of people in their 50s and 60s who were just like "I've lived an awesome life - if I've got to check out early this is how and where I want it to happen."

If it was an instant death, I could understand. But having a motorcycle wreck and not dying immediately is possibly one of the worst ways to go that I can imagine.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Also think of the people who have to clean that up, no good.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

There was an ode to Sherman tank crews during the war that involved viscera being washed out with a hose.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

italian quid posted:

I'm probably going with the Honda
Which was that?

Also, related, good news racing friends! I got a mattress made by the most passionate people on earth in the greatest country on earth which is also home to the greatest racing team in history #forzaducati

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nerox
May 20, 2001

Which was that?

Also, related, good news racing friends! I got a mattress made by the most passionate people on earth in the greatest country on earth which is also home to the greatest racing team in history #forzaducati

Do you also get cucked on that bed by a dutchman in a flat billed hat?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I bet you’ll have the best dreams on that mattress.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Which was that?

Congrats on having a nice place for Yuki and the Gasman to take a nap.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Which was that?

Gonna get the Honda CBR 650R

Also I'm due for a new mattress, might need to make sure its an italian one 🤌

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I can’t believe it’s Baku week. I can’t wait to open my presents. It legit feels like we saw Max kicking his tire just yesterday.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

italian quid posted:

Why do goons think that’s a terrible bike?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I mean, it wasn't conceived yesterday. it's wild to think it can still be allowed, and there's a reason it left the World Championship (now MotoGP) calendar in the 1970s, and even then people didn't want to race there. it's motorcycling's Nurburgring but even less safe.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

italian quid posted:

Oh
That's fine I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Which was that?

wow hope it's Italian like Campari and not Italian like Berlusconi