Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Zil posted:

He would start Truther

Yeah, but this is a thinly veiled "Guess Who" game with different pictures of penises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Hardawn posted:

Yeah, but this is a thinly veiled "Guess Who" game with different pictures of penises.

A real who's who of infamous dick pic senders.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

his twitter clone will defeat bots by ensuring all users are authenticated through the identity verification website, www.aparthe.id

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
He can call it Tesler.

I’m no contract lawyer or nothing, but I think it takes more than a claim of “so-and-so asserts their rights to do whatever” to weasel out of a signed deal, especially when said so-and-so waived the due diligence proceedings.

I imagine (or at least would hope) that Edong is still on the hook for the $1B penalty if he backs out, to say nothing of a possible civil suit for who knows what kind of libelous poo poo is going to accompany it.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
haven't read the thread but i think his first LP primitive plus was loving amazing, even though beauty and the beat gets all the critical praise. not a lot of MCs are the full package - DJing, producing, rhyming. at shows he used to beat juggle doubles with one hand while holding a mic and rapping with the other. ive never seen that poo poo before or since.

it's just a shame that he hasn't been as prolific with solo material since 2005, but the trickle of guest spots and one-off tracks shows he hasn't fallen off. still hoping for a third album.

edit: what the gently caress is this thread

Deep Glove Bruno fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 6, 2022

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Given Musk is basically as addicted to Twitter as Trump was, banning him "just cos" would be glorious. It would probably force through the sale too because he's exactly the sort of person you'd imagine would be determined to buy the company just to unban himself.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

haven't read the thread but i think his first LP primitive plus was loving amazing, even though beauty and the beat gets all the critical praise. not a lot of MCs are the full package - DJing, producing, rhyming. at shows he used to beat juggle doubles with one hand while holding a mic and rapping with the other. ive never seen that poo poo before or since.

it's just a shame that he hasn't been as prolific with solo material since 2005, but the trickle of guest spots and one-off tracks shows he hasn't fallen off. still hoping for a third album.

Elon has a more diverse career than I gave him credit for

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

What'd be best is to hold all of his new posts for 12-24 hours for "moderation" so that he doesn't get that little dopamine rush of being validated immediately and his whining on the platform would be an absolute joy.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Elon Musk is a biter

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I read this in Patrick Bateman's voice and then pictured him murdering a stoned Elon on his couch.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

we don't talk about eluno

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Because Musk is demanding the bot/spam data, the banks financing the deal are going to demand it as well so that could kill the deal right there.

And probably any future financing, not just for twitter, but for all social media will require in depth disclosures on bot and spam activity. And hopefully a much closer look at the companies overall.

Want to see this house of cards fall. :twisted:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

haven't read the thread

You don't say :v:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sophy Wackles posted:

Because Musk is demanding the bot/spam data, the banks financing the deal are going to demand it as well so that could kill the deal right there.

And probably any future financing, not just for twitter, but for all social media will require in depth disclosures on bot and spam activity. And hopefully a much closer look at the companies overall.

Want to see this house of cards fall. :twisted:

They already gave him the bot/spam data

What he's demanding now is the underlying raw data, also known as "Twitter's entire database"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That would be a pro datamining move. Optimal marketing value for resale.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
twitter's major mistake here was making the penalty for breaking off the deal only 1 billion dollars instead of 1 billion dollars plus whatever the difference in the stock price was between then and now

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Twitter's database has a column that's only accessed in France and Germany btw

https://hard-drive.net/elon-musk-offers-to-buy-rake-he-stepped-on/

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/jaspscherer/status/1533892995610730496

Our state AG, who is under investigation for committing fraud using Twitter is the one doing this btw.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Ken Paxton describes Musk’s penis in great detail

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

double k did that poo poo, but he dead

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Twitter to be executed via lethal injection

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Extra Large Marge posted:

Twitter to be executed via lethal injection

insh'allah

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Zil posted:

https://twitter.com/jaspscherer/status/1533892995610730496

Our state AG, who is under investigation for committing fraud using Twitter is the one doing this btw.

lmao that's a consumer protection act

who in texas is being harmed by the % of bot accounts on twitter? twitter is free. to be covered it specifically has to be a good or service purchased for money.

and I doubt consumer protection can stretch to buying a whole company.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Dubplate Fire posted:

double k did that poo poo, but he dead

gently caress how did i forget. I even saw him and Thes live. RIP to one of the greatest. LA Mike forever

still don't really get this big thread about some long island rap weirdo, full of puzzling posts about twitter and grimes

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Klyith posted:

lmao that's a consumer protection act

who in texas is being harmed by the % of bot accounts on twitter? twitter is free. to be covered it specifically has to be a good or service purchased for money.

and I doubt consumer protection can stretch to buying a whole company.

When was the last time that what the law actually says mattered to a politician in Texas?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

therobit posted:

When was the last time that what the law actually says mattered to a politician in Texas?

Never when announcing what they intend to do.

Probably about 60 or 70% of the time the courts and bureaucrats decide to stick with the laws as written, tho.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
While Elon Musk is throwing a poo poo fit over twitter, Mark Cuban is doing this:

But Elon could never do this because it requires him to have basic empathy for other people.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
https://twitter.com/ZachWeiner/status/1533834168861327360

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You’ll never guess the next account to humiliate Elon Musk.

https://twitter.com/truecrazyfrog/status/1533938036949630981?s=21&t=iLAGl10eU6SPogxqiM8vlQ

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Elon is definitely more annoying than Crazy Frog ever was.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Blasting the poo poo out of his anthem tonight

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Elon's dick is probably smaller and more deformed than Crazy Frog's too

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

crazy frog is definitely packin', it's probably the only nice thing you can say about it

edit: gonna do the math to prove this

starting with the image here: https://www.rollingstone.co.uk/tech/news/crazy-frog-is-getting-death-threats-over-nft-collection-8203/

i'm counting about 55 pixels from base to tip, and about 820 pixels from heel to just above where the helmet meets the forehead. so that's a ratio of about 0.067 penis to height. scale that up to a male human's height (~6 feet) and that's 4.8 inches, flaccid of course. it's obvious crazy frog is a grower, so i'm gonna guess an additional 3 inches hard. so we're talkin' just shy of 8 inches here, folks.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 7, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Elon is definitely more annoying than Crazy Frog ever was.

Yeah this isn't a hard choice if you gotta pick sides

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bad Purchase posted:

crazy frog is definitely packin', it's probably the only nice thing you can say about it

edit: gonna do the math to prove this

starting with the image here: https://www.rollingstone.co.uk/tech/news/crazy-frog-is-getting-death-threats-over-nft-collection-8203/

i'm counting about 55 pixels from base to tip, and about 820 pixels from heel to just above where the helmet meets the forehead. so that's a ratio of about 0.067 penis to height. scale that up to a male human's height (~6 feet) and that's 4.8 inches, flaccid of course. it's obvious crazy frog is a grower, so i'm gonna guess an additional 3 inches hard. so we're talkin' just shy of 8 inches here, folks.

Crazxy frog kiss my lips

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1537051416459714560?s=21&t=W5xbJ0XTZrgZclrB1W2xlw

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow he's really angry at his ex-wife

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9MO18F5Wi8

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So what happened to Elon's margin loan against Tesla? Everything's been tanking so how close is he to getting liquidated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mobby_6kl posted:

So what happened to Elon's margin loan against Tesla? Everything's been tanking so how close is he to getting liquidated?

not at all. he signed a deal that he *could* get a margin loan against tesla. but he hasn't bought twitter yet, so nothing has actually happened.

and now it looks like he's not doing margin loans against tesla stock at all, but instead going to private equity.