Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jaspscherer/status/1533892995610730496

AG carrying Elon's water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Public-private partnerships in full force

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe he can get paxton into microdosing molly

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Maybe he can just shoot Paxton to Mars.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

zoux posted:

AG carrying Elon's water

game recognize game. what's even more impressive than dodging indictment for securities fraud for seven years and counting? first committing securities fraud on twitter, and then committing securities fraud involving TWTR

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

your honor i'd like to call for a change of venue to colony XÆ-12

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1533913366372171781

Posting this for us to quote and lol at next week

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1533913366372171781

Posting this for us to quote and lol at next week

This is going to be a Lucy holding the football moment, isn't it?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

i say swears online posted:

your honor i'd like to call for a change of venue to colony XÆ-12

Objection your honor, the witness is sus af

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Zil posted:

This is going to be a Lucy holding the football moment, isn't it?

It doesn't work if you don't get Charlie to commit to kicking the football.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jokes posted:

Objection your honor, the witness is sus af

oh my god i would totally watch the eight dumbest congressional Rs play a few rounds of among us

there would be a blood feud in ten minutes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1533917473057263616?s=21&t=lfK53JQmr9-Dr7Rk43qIzw

Wow ambitious and effective

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

How many unfunded mandates do you think we will get out of this?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
One less than what would have been needed to prevent the next shooting. Thoughts and Prayers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zil posted:

How many unfunded mandates do you think we will get out of this?

Oh I doubt anything passes

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Oh I doubt anything passes

In 2028 30 kids die in a fire because they can’t get out through their new school’s single entrance

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Badger of Basra posted:

In 2028 30 kids die in a fire because they can’t get out through their new school’s single entrance

Charlie Munger has a design for you.

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat
The single entry idea is flawed on so many drat levels. It baffles me that it's not even really considered by these people that all it would take is someone getting into the school (say a kid that goes there) and cause a scene while a shooter just sits outside and mows kids down with their freshly purchased semi automatic.

But really, all that would happen if/when that happens is "thoughts and prayers" and "clearly we needed more cops".

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If you place an armed cop on every street corner you would be able to stop every crime within moments of it happening by simply watching where all the cops are running away from and sending in the armed teachers.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

jokes posted:

If you place an armed cop on every street corner you would be able to stop every crime within moments of it happening by simply watching where all the cops are running away from and sending in the armed teachers.

But before we arm teachers, we will need to test which type of teacher is best suited for defense. Do the physicality of coaches make them better at dodging and tackling a gunman, or does the hand-eye coordination of the art teachers give them higher accuracy. Are the chemistry teachers better at improvising debilitating mixtures on the fly and so don't need to be armed?

Just so many questions to answer first.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Texas schools are already built on the backs of load-bearing coaches who teach history, health, football, football, and football. Now you want them to run security?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

drunk mutt posted:

The single entry idea is flawed on so many drat levels. It baffles me that it's not even really considered by these people that all it would take is someone getting into the school (say a kid that goes there) and cause a scene while a shooter just sits outside and mows kids down with their freshly purchased semi automatic.

But really, all that would happen if/when that happens is "thoughts and prayers" and "clearly we needed more cops".

tbf(?) I don't think they're being serious about the single point of entry thing

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

tbf(?) I don't think they're being serious about the single point of entry thing

They’re not serious about any of it.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

jokes posted:

Texas schools are already built on the backs of load-bearing coaches who teach history, health, football, football, and football. Now you want them to run security?

The interesting thing is that health classes are way less of a thing in schools in Texas now outside of students on some sort of career track, and there are now a ton of coaches teaching math, English, and CTE classes instead. All the assistant coaches now are basically full time teachers who also have to do a ton of coaching for a small stipend.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Honestly, I'm interested in knowing what the numbers are. I don't think its irrelevant to either a billion dollar sale of the business or its impact on social media discourse.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DuckHuntDog posted:

The interesting thing is that health classes are way less of a thing in schools in Texas now outside of students on some sort of career track, and there are now a ton of coaches teaching math, English, and CTE classes instead. All the assistant coaches now are basically full time teachers who also have to do a ton of coaching for a small stipend.

Load-bearing coaches I’m telling you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Tons of schools have single points of entry with multiple points of egress, I think maybe even Uvalde did? Which is why the fact that he got in through a back door keeps coming up. We've kind of exaggerated that they want a single door policy to make fun of them, but this is already being done. Of course, even if universally implemented, it's impossible to enforce constant security posture among a whole bunch of elementary school students. You can't make these schools secure without making them into prisons. How do you deal with portable buildings? Facility security is not the problem here.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also we haven't seen it because we don't live in those online circles but this is what the state GOP is melting down over

https://twitter.com/AppTexas/status/1533811682446802945

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

zoux posted:

Also we haven't seen it because we don't live in those online circles but this is what the state GOP is melting down over

I agree she could be more on beat but that might just be an audio delay.

Nothing to upset over.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Keep guns away from people not allowed to buy them!

All people are allowed to buy guns with no checks, regulations, training, or licensing.

And of course, school security doesn't really work to prevent anything, and mental illness seemingly has no bearing on the matter, but even though it's one of the buzzwords, the party despises wellness and welfare, so they will never act on that front either.

So this is just the boilerplate slew of buzzwords that they've been using for 20 years to pretend to care until the news around the issue dies down and they can go back to swimming in the blood of children.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

radical meme posted:

Honestly, I'm interested in knowing what the numbers are. I don't think its irrelevant to either a billion dollar sale of the business or its impact on social media discourse.

it's extremely relevant to any given hypothetical sale of a social media platform such as twitter, but funny thing is, it is irrelevant to this particular agreement to sell twitter, in which one elon musk explicitly agreed to waive rights to perform due diligence on the company he agreed to buy for forty-four beeeeelllllionnn dollars

ol' rocketboy signed a dumb deal at a bad price, and is throwing hail marys in an attempt to get out of it. ken paxton's "investigation" is as dumb and bad-faith as everything else ken paxton has ever done, it's nothing more than performance art meant to get him more fox news appearances

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

zoux posted:

I've gone to that bar fairly frequently, it's definitely the least gay/fun bar in that area even though it has that neon sign up in the back.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Okay but why are those kids in that bar?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when you're getting sassy black woman react gifs, you've truly lost the plot

https://twitter.com/TampaWoman1965/status/1533941310905786371

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Friend posted:

Okay but why are those kids in that bar?

I guess some people wanted to take their kids to a drag show of all things? I don’t understand it either

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I'm anti-kids going to drag shows but that's because I don't want them in the bar. They can watch the drag shows at home

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

I'm anti-kids going to drag shows but that's because I don't want them in the bar. They can watch the drag shows at home

But parents rights!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

parents have the right to not bother me at the dang bar

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kid-friendly bars suck so bad. i've complained about this in the austin thread before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

parents have the right to not bother me at the dang bar

Maybe it's some type of family night?