Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

could you explain number 4 again, and also number 4, in more detail please

Totally didn't see that I left in 2 of those. So, I'll answer both:

Okay, So, do you know much about Zero Knowledge Proofs/Rollups? They are basically witchcraft and sorcery from math nerds. It's a way to verify a txn without spreading out all the public info on the blockchain and without both parties in the transaction know details of what they are verifying. Zcash is the most famous for such dark arts. A good example I like to think of is "How would you, irl, let someone know if you are over 21 years of age WITHOUT showing your birthday", and a simple example would be "A different color/format of ID" as some states have color codes for ID's based by age.

Now there is zkSync (and StarkNet for those who enjoy NFT's and GameStops/ImmutableX's project to bring NFT's to the masses.

Why is this important?

Well, besides not doxing everyone's wallet, it's a VERY BAD IDEA for a large business to let people know what it's making in raw sales data. Let alone live streaming them via the blockchain. That's very competitive data and reserved for public companies when it comes to shareholder calls.

You've also got scaling with L2's, which is what zkSync is. I have the Argent wallet on my phone and used ZigZag Exchange on zkSync's network. 2 different transactions didn't even bust 30 cents. Meanwhile the funding of the wallet when moving from ETH main to zkSync was $10. zkSync now scales to VISA tps speeds (2,000+tps) all on a network that doesn't sacrifice L1 security of ETH and has their own zkEVM on testnet, soon to be main

Oh, and for all the other wallet integrations, just scroll through Flexa's twitter. Right around April 28th. https://twitter.com/FlexaHQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

kw0134 posted:

So, I can pay using my money I can also use literally anywhere else in America, or I can load up a specialty account with Itch and Scratchy dollars that are useful in one shop, who also takes the same money I use at the grocery store. Wow, that's definitely an improvement and not someone desperate to reinvent the loving wheel for no apparent purpose or advantage.

This is FUD he clearly went to two different Chipotles

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

Rad Russian posted:

It works almost as well as credit cards except you don't earn any points or cash back on purchases. A definite incentive for mass adoption! Besides being a terminal buttcoiner.

Also since you're your own bank now, without any commercial insurance, all your lifesavings can be gone in a second if a hacker gets access to your computer and there will be no way to get anything back. This is better for consumers than credit cards where you're not responsible for unauthorized purchases because *libertarian NFT goblin rear end noises*

Reading is hard, I know, did you see that "earn all the fees bit"?

Yeah, I stake so I get rewarded on the backend.

Oh, and credit cards? Yeah, Flexa has better incentives. GameStop offered 25% off of purchases on Christmas Eve. Chipotle is currently promoting 10% off with Flexa purchase.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

fullroundaction posted:

You also have to check your crypto balance several times during the burrito making process to make sure you still have any money left before you get the the cashier. Or that the currency you plan on paying with even still exists. Adds excitement and fun.

Indeed. Today my Chipotle lunch could be $100 or $3. Every day is exciting! My life savings are also denominated in a shitcoin that can be rug pulled to 0 at any time. However Chipotle is only paying 1% cut on my lunches instead of Visa's criminal 4%, it's worth it for me to risk financial ruin in order to enrich Chipotle's shareholders.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 7, 2022

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
lol, waiting for the inevitable rug pull on this Flexa bullshit.

e:I for one love the sarcasm of snotball007; it's very appealing and not at all off putting.

e:it doesn't matter how fast the transactions are or whatever tech underpins Flexa; all cryptocurrency is built by greedy people for greedy people. full stop.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 7, 2022

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

How much was that burrito again? Hang on I’m still checking how much real money that is. What do you mean it’s not that amount anymore? Ah forget it I’ve lost my appetite.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
all my guac gone :(

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

kw0134 posted:

So, I can pay using my money I can also use literally anywhere else in America, or I can load up a specialty account with Itch and Scratchy dollars that are useful in one shop, who also takes the same money I use at the grocery store. Wow, that's definitely an improvement and not someone desperate to reinvent the loving wheel for no apparent purpose or advantage.

Yeah, totally not trying to reinvent the wheel for no reason or advantage. Probably didn't hear about Amazon fighting with VISA over fees last year https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/17/amazon-and-visa-reach-global-truce-over-credit-card-fees.html

Meanwhile, Flexa undercuts them and basically destroys the business model. But hey, totally garbage because smooth brain reasons.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
bottomquarters

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

fullroundaction posted:

all my guac gone :(

You need to purchase a separate guac token for guac. The stablecurrency to purchase it has come off its peg though and it will now be 1.3 trillion guacbux

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, waiting for the inevitable rug pull on this Flexa bullshit.

e:I for one love the sarcasm of snotball007; it's very appealing and not at all off putting.

Seems pretty stupid for someone to spend 4 years building this thing up with actual billion dollar companies and getting all the necessary compliance stuff too...just to rug.

99.9% of crypto is made up bullshit, so I wouldn't be surprised if BTC got rugged too.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

priznat posted:

You need to purchase a separate guac token for guac. The stablecurrency to purchase it has come off its peg though and it will now be 1.3 trillion guacbux

Flavor is stored on the guac chain

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Large corporations fighting over fees because they don't want to pay someone else? Wow, what a loving surprise. "We provide an enormous amount of business for your service, we want to pay less" is the least surprising thing in the history of the Earth. Also lol at the idea that crypto "undercuts" anything on transaction costs.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

snotball007 posted:

Seems pretty stupid for someone to spend 4 years building this thing up with actual billion dollar companies and getting all the necessary compliance stuff too...just to rug.

99.9% of crypto is made up bullshit, so I wouldn't be surprised if BTC got rugged too.

lol, four whole years? whoa, i'm totally convinced now.

just so we are crystal clear, four years is nothing in the business world. Give me a break with this lame sales pitch already.

e: just to drop in some perspective, i actually worked for several multi national, multi billion dollar companies for twenty years. but, who cares?; so have lots of people. it's not that big of a deal, sport.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 7, 2022

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

snotball007 posted:

Totally didn't see that I left in 2 of those. So, I'll answer both:

Okay, So, do you know much about Zero Knowledge Proofs/Rollups? They are basically witchcraft and sorcery from math nerds. It's a way to verify a txn without spreading out all the public info on the blockchain and without both parties in the transaction know details of what they are verifying. Zcash is the most famous for such dark arts. A good example I like to think of is "How would you, irl, let someone know if you are over 21 years of age WITHOUT showing your birthday", and a simple example would be "A different color/format of ID" as some states have color codes for ID's based by age.

Now there is zkSync (and StarkNet for those who enjoy NFT's and GameStops/ImmutableX's project to bring NFT's to the masses.

Why is this important?

Well, besides not doxing everyone's wallet, it's a VERY BAD IDEA for a large business to let people know what it's making in raw sales data. Let alone live streaming them via the blockchain. That's very competitive data and reserved for public companies when it comes to shareholder calls.

You've also got scaling with L2's, which is what zkSync is. I have the Argent wallet on my phone and used ZigZag Exchange on zkSync's network. 2 different transactions didn't even bust 30 cents. Meanwhile the funding of the wallet when moving from ETH main to zkSync was $10. zkSync now scales to VISA tps speeds (2,000+tps) all on a network that doesn't sacrifice L1 security of ETH and has their own zkEVM on testnet, soon to be main

Oh, and for all the other wallet integrations, just scroll through Flexa's twitter. Right around April 28th. https://twitter.com/FlexaHQ

how are large businesses supposed to handle these privacycoins without running afoul of KYC/AML laws, their lawyers are going to run away screaming when they hear "untracable money"

monero does work for its intended purpose of being very hard to trace, but you'll notice no legitimate business will touch monero with a ten foot pole

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

25,000 years of darknessChipotle

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

lol, four whole years? whoa, i'm totally convinced now.

just so we are crystal clear, four years is nothing in the business world. Give me a break with this lame sales pitch already.

"Hey govt regulators, here's all my personal data. Yeah, I'll keep paying taxes and acquiring money transmitter licenses in states. Oh, and I'm partnered with multi-billion dollar companies in the payment industry. Gimme dat FinCen license too! BRB, gonna go rug and get away with and have zero complications from this entire scam I setup."

When's the last time you saw a major retailer like Chipotle or Dunkin Donuts get reckt on a new pay rail at their stores? Been longer than 4 years, yeah?

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
I've used crypto to buy drugs over the internet, but lol if I'm going to put myself through the same hassle for a garbage burrito or donut

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Re watching Deathnote, how would the buttcoin version of dumping pallets of money into the streets as a distraction work? (I'm know there's been scenes of money as a distraction in other works, but the names of other movies, shows, whatever I seen those in escape me.)

like dumping phones requires the hardware stays in tact so randos can access the butts.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Wow, an actual goldbug ITT :wth:

I figured most of them by now had jumped off of tall buildings after losing every cent they had, when crypto as a whole decided to poo poo the bed with the lights on these past few weeks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
look, i'm a big gay commie, but even i "gotta hand it to" capitalism in re: those "we'll look at your credit card statements and cancel poo poo you don't use" services. it's just, so brazen

drk
Jan 16, 2005

snotball007 posted:

With? They seem to just integrate with some giftcard API. There's no evidence Chipotle, for example, was involved at all with the Flexa integration: https://newsroom.chipotle.com/press-releases?keywords=flexa.

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

repiv posted:

how are large businesses supposed to handle these privacycoins without running afoul of KYC/AML laws, their lawyers are going to run away screaming when they hear "untracable money"

monero does work for its intended purpose of being very hard to trace, but you'll notice no legitimate business will touch monero with a ten foot pole

That's why Flexa exists.

They handle the licenses, they handle the integrations, and they handle settling with the businesses.

For example, think Chipotle wants Bitcoin on their books? NO is the correct answer. Flexa settles in USD, CAD, or any crypto the merchant wants.

Cheaper, more secure, and generally faster than using a traditional payment rail or cash.

And, for SEC reasons, Flexa and AMP token are entirely different entities. Flexa uses AMP, but AMP is open to whoever wants to use it. They aren't doing the XRP method of pumping up a coin and wondering why the SEC wants them in court.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

snotball007 posted:

"Hey govt regulators, here's all my personal data. Yeah, I'll keep paying taxes and acquiring money transmitter licenses in states. Oh, and I'm partnered with multi-billion dollar companies in the payment industry. Gimme dat FinCen license too! BRB, gonna go rug and get away with and have zero complications from this entire scam I setup."

When's the last time you saw a major retailer like Chipotle or Dunkin Donuts get reckt on a new pay rail at their stores? Been longer than 4 years, yeah?

lmao, Chipotle and uh Dunkin Donuts are hard to say and not smile at all regarding how silly they sound in the context of your argument.

Dunkin Donuts

Dunkin Donuts

Dunkin Donuts

Dunkin Donuts

Such a serious name worthy of reverence.

e: waiting for you to talk about Dunkin Donuts (lol) NFTs.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 7, 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

fullroundaction posted:

Flavor is stored on the guac chain

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

drk posted:

With? They seem to just integrate with some giftcard API. There's no evidence Chipotle, for example, was involved at all with the Flexa integration: https://newsroom.chipotle.com/press-releases?keywords=flexa.

Really? You think that Chipotle has no idea of this or hasn't been wanting to integrate it? Here's Chipotle tweeting about it. https://twitter.com/ChipotleTweets/status/1532764548951855106

Here's Sheetz too, probably a scam. https://twitter.com/sheetz/status/1529862427164258304

A scam that somehow has the merchants in on it too.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

well, those tweets have totally convinced me. Flexa is going to THE MOON!

i have a better deal for you; how about i don't use any lovely crypto and then i save not just 20%, but 100% and remain indigestion free.

e:lol, Flexa is an app. that they want you to install on your phone.

i'm sure any privacy concerns have been totally vetted and the app is totally safe to install on your mobile device and will not track your location or send data back to home base so that Flexa can sell it to advertisers.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 7, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t know why we are discussing what gift cards chipotle accepts?

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

I've missed you goons

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So crypto is just gift cards but stupider? Is that what libertarians have been raving about??

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

i have a better deal for you; how about i don't use any lovely crypto and then i save not just 20%, but 100% and remain indigestion free.

This might come as a surprise, but large companies don't really care about you. Cost or make them money, that's when they care.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

snotball007 posted:

You really don't understand much at all about the ecosystem. Let me share my knowledge, as I do enjoy using Flexa for poo poo (stablecoins 90% of the time because tax reasons). Also, congrats on giving me the motivation to come back to the forums just for this.

We already have instant free transfers between cheque and savings accounts in Australia (across all banks) based on either account number or mobile phone number because our Reserve Bank isn't a pussy.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Gutcruncher posted:

So crypto is just gift cards but stupider? Is that what libertarians have been raving about??

It also requires the energy consumption of a small country to validate transactions. This is for Security.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

snotball007 posted:

This might come as a surprise, but large companies don't really care about you. Cost or make them money, that's when they care.

Please continue to be sarcastic, i'm almost convinced that you are totally a good representative of what you are shilling. all the bestest good salespeople talk down to potential clients

almost.

you need to be more abrasive, that should work to build our trust!

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 7, 2022

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Tricky Ed posted:

It also requires the energy consumption of a small country to validate transactions. This is for Security.

It's also about as stable as a house made of paper with a foundation of Jell-O, built in a particularly windy area that's prone to earthquakes

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

e:lol, Flexa is an app. that they want you to install on your phone.

i'm sure any privacy concerns have been totally vetted and the app is totally safe to install on your mobile device and will not track your location or send data back to home base so that Flexa can sell it to advertisers.

Again, use it on Gemini mobile app. Same as the exchange owned by the Winklevoss Twins. Most heavily regulated exchange in the world. If you've ever used Gemini Pay, you've used it.

YES, TOTALLY A SCAM!

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

snotball007 posted:

Again, use it on Gemini mobile app. Same as the exchange owned by the Winklevoss Twins. Most heavily regulated exchange in the world. If you've ever used Gemini Pay, you've used it.

YES, TOTALLY A SCAM!

You are a very silly man. Please keep going because this is hilarious.

e: thanks for the custom title by the way. did you know that you have your very own directory on the Utah NSA data server? you seem to do A LOT of texting.

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

you need to be more abrasive, that should work to build our trust!

Oh, just giving it back to where it came from: https://twitter.com/davidgerard/status/1533355872197435396

Seems pretty smoothbrain to link the forums to the normie realms. Great source at the bottom btw: https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/2022/06/05/its-still-2014-in-crypto-payments-and-buying-a-burrito-is-now-a-taxable-event/

Good day, and good evening, my special goons.

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

e: thanks for the custom title by the way. did you know that you have your very own directory on the Utah NSA data server? you seem to do A LOT of texting.

I haven't missed Xbox Live from 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

like clockwork everytime. "look guys its very simple" and proceeds to write words that barely existed a couple years ago if that...

also yes.. cryptocurrency. a thing well known to not have any hidden fees.
---

quote:

There are no fees for spending your cryptocurrency on Flexa. Merchants pay a small fee for processing payments through the network, which is currently lower than interchange and that we’re working to drive as low as possible over time.

wow sounds exactly like the relationship between an amazon and visa.. except.. lower fees that they'll inevitable raise if they ever grow and monopolize the space. but again that would require people actually wanting to jump through all the hoops so they can use their phone to pay for something that's basically a gift card. why am i buying random cryptocurrencies again?

these companies are pretty much "i didn't get to be the one getting merchants fees so i'm going to reinvent the entire financial systems but this time with more steps and i'll be the one raking in the vig."

everytime i read about L2 workarounds its always inevitably, you have to enter into a contract with the provider of the service (flexa) which is either centralized (flexa is all the validators) or not (flexa appoints concensus validators?) which both have speed vs decentralization costs. but maybe i'm wrong on this and zkrollups avoids any issues i have with them L2. but then that requires me to read all this technical literature to figure out whether or not i'm being scammed or whether any of this is decentralized.

but hey some goon on this forum told me its the future. i can buy chipotle (but not mcdonalds!) with this. dirty fiat money can do both.. but soon soon you will be able to buy food at both restaurants as long as you're okay knowing a tech stack that is the functional equivalent of a gift card but with more steps.