Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
My buddy made some outstanding indian food this weekend:

this green pepper sauce in the bowl is amazing, it's jalapenos/serranos with coriander, vinegar, and potato. there's no lemon but it tastes really bright and fruity and hot. it went super good on samosas we had the second day.

these onion things were so good, like mini bloomin' onions.

not pictured but the second morning he made eggs with fried paneer from the dinner, and that was obscenely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Detroit style pizza

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Made some tuna tartare. Used some lettuce instead of crackers for the most part. Some sticky rice would have been delicious too, I’ll have to do that next time.

Excellent…

How much tuna in there? 1/4 lb? 1/2 lb?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
One pound, with an avocado underneath. Local grocer had some “sushi grade” tuna on sale for $10/lb. It wasn’t as good as the same day fish you get on the coast, but it tasted very fresh.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Phil Moscowitz posted:

One pound, with an avocado underneath. Local grocer had some “sushi grade” tuna on sale for $10/lb. It wasn’t as good as the same day fish you get on the coast, but it tasted very fresh.

Jesus that's a great price

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

For sure. It was an easy buy.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Wow my fish market has sushi grade tuna starting at $40 per pound.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Asian market in an HCOL area sells tuna steaks for like $15/lb, you can get bluefin belly for $35.

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Made some tuna tartare. Used some lettuce instead of crackers for the most part. Some sticky rice would have been delicious too, I’ll have to do that next time.

amazing

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
“Sushi grade” is completely meaningless FWIW. There’s no governing body (in the US at least) that grades fish the way the USDA grades beef. Stores, suppliers, etc. can say that about whatever they want, it’s totally unenforcable.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Crunchy wets

sausage and red pepper large elbows

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

prayer group posted:

“Sushi grade” is completely meaningless FWIW. There’s no governing body (in the US at least) that grades fish the way the USDA grades beef. Stores, suppliers, etc. can say that about whatever they want, it’s totally unenforcable.

That’s totally true, but I’m just too paranoid to pick from any old fish to eat raw.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Swapped out the mozzarella for pecorino Romano and chopped garlic, and accidentally made something they used to make at my childhood pizza place. Brought back memories. Will do it like this again soon.

This is antithetical to the PYF thread. It's much to good pizza for me though. I'd probably lose my mind for such yums.

toplitzin posted:

Fajita night!

I'll forever hate corn not on the cob. I've eaten too much. Not tried pairing with fajitas.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

prayer group posted:

Yeah that’s why it’s in quotes, but it was $10 so worst case scenario I grill it or make tuna dip. But it was very good raw.

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 7, 2022

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Singapore Noodles.

One of my favorite Chinese takeout dishes. For some reason I never thought to try making them at home until this week. Really not bad for a first attempt. Just needed maybe needed another bit of sugar in the sauce. Otherwise very good.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
One side effect of having ridiculously full basil plants is lots of pesto! Whipped up some mean green shrimp pesto.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Negima Yakitori night!

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Negima Yakitori night!

Hell yeah that looks delicious

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Negima Yakitori night!

Very nice! I really need to pack my skewers with more food. I feel like I space everything out too much.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Very nice! I really need to pack my skewers with more food. I feel like I space everything out too much.

If you pack em loose you get more char. It's a fine balancing act.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The lunch thread?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Hell yeah, I haven't had a grilled cheese and tomato soup in too long.

Baked rice with confit tomatoes and garlic with hot honey and soy sauce glazed salmon

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Low carb Fajitas

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Does it count if I dunk a gas station burrito in some tostitos dip?

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Noodles and nachos in the woods

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Nood postin' because I'm really happy with how this came out.

Chicken/ginger/white miso broth, fresh shiitake mushrooms, leftover grilled chicken, fish sauce, ramen noods, and some dried seaweed to garnish one sublime soft boiled egg.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Laoganma, soy and maple tossed fried chicken.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ghetto Brats with the only buns I had

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Olpainless posted:

Laoganma, soy and maple tossed fried chicken.

Laogannma balls

But seriously, that does look excellent.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Fried some chicken

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Professor Wayne posted:

Fried some chicken

drat. That looks excellent.

Prawn and chorizo orzo pasta in a tomato, pepper and onion sauce.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 12, 2022

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

Fried some chicken

Love your view. What’s the drink?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Love your view. What’s the drink?

Thanks! I got super lucky and locked down a place with a great sunset view right before prices around here doubled.

The drink was a gimlet with homemade cordial
https://jeffreymorgenthaler.com/lime-cordial/

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Trying out my new toy.

e: melt in your mouth! Got them a little over, but not too bad. May drop the temp next time to have time to get it all well seared

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 12, 2022

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
made the celebration rice from Ottolenghi's "shelf love" you cook a whole chicken with cinnamon, onion and garlic to make a stock then use the stock to cook basmati rice with lamb. The shredded chicken goes on the rice along with lemon, buttery blanched almonds and pomegranate seeds and topped with a yogurt garlic sauce.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

LifeSunDeath posted:

these onion things were so good, like mini bloomin' onions.

I'm stunned to hear you've never had an onion bhaji before. They are pretty easy to make too!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The kind with spices is even better.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

large hands posted:

made the celebration rice from Ottolenghi's "shelf love" you cook a whole chicken with cinnamon, onion and garlic to make a stock then use the stock to cook basmati rice with lamb. The shredded chicken goes on the rice along with lemon, buttery blanched almonds and pomegranate seeds and topped with a yogurt garlic sauce.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bollock Monkey posted:

I'm stunned to hear you've never had an onion bhaji before. They are pretty easy to make too!

Hey I've seen and done a lot in my life, but not everything! They were good as hell.