Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I don't know, sounds tiring to have people everywhere constantly talking about how you're an insufferable rear end in a top hat just for doing your job.

edit: Like, people calling you an insufferable rear end in a top hat so much all the time that it even drowns out the credible accusations of pedophilia.

He's also in a terrible band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

rodbeard posted:

He's also in a terrible band

his band is the least offensive thing about him and they loving suck

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

BonHair posted:

Yeah, a millennial with no formal skills, a housewife, three kids, a big house and not even crippling depression. That sounds realistic.

Homer's job as safety inspector is a bribe after he became a whistleblower and led an angry mob to the plant. I'm willing to believe bribes still exist.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

rodbeard posted:

Bullshit. James Cameron isn't that clever.

According to Google Books the quote is real. And you don't have to be a genius to see that cops don't give a poo poo about people.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CainFortea posted:

He's a terrible actor. The only thing he was good in was Requiem. And that's only because he played an rear end in a top hat user/abuser. So it wasn't acting.

He was great in Blade Runner 2049 because Denis Villeneuve wanted someone who could instantly convey that Tyrell was a loathsome, disgusting sociopath with extreme narcissistic tendencies and the casting director was like "I'll see if Jared Leto is available".

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

trapped mouse posted:

According to Google Books the quote is real. And you don't have to be a genius to see that cops don't give a poo poo about people.

It was also written after Rodney King if I'm not misremembering.

Cameron got brainworms only after Titanic I think.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cameron makes good movies and thinks a lot about them. That quote seems legit.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

James Cameron is a smart dude

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

mobby_6kl posted:

It was also written after Rodney King if I'm not misremembering.

Shortly before, I looked it up recently. Still doesn't take a rocket scientist to dress up their villain like the LAPD.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

quote:

Everyone knew Cameron had written a treatment for Alien 2 that nobody would touch because Alien was not a massive financial success. Alien 2 was not on the table. We expected a professional pitch from Cameron, an outline and a treatment of what he had in mind with a cursory budget; perhaps a couple assistants to run a slide show. Instead Cameron walked in the room without so much as a piece of paper. He went to the chalk board in the room and simply wrote the word ALIEN. Then he added an 'S' to make ALIENS. Dramatically, he drew two vertical lines through the 'S', ALIEN$. He turned around and grinned. We green-lit the project that day for $18 million.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Cat Hatter posted:

Shortly before, I looked it up recently. Still doesn't take a rocket scientist to dress up their villain like the LAPD.

quote:

Outside of the bar some people were watching and enjoying the sight of the leather clad Terminator getting on a motorcycle and riding away. Amongst the onlookers was a man called George Holliday. He was a 28-year-old plumber who had been given a 8mm Sony Handycam as a gift. Now two things occurred but the facts are not all that clear which of the two was more important. A few weeks prior to March 3 Holliday was in his truck and saw a motorcycle being chased by a big rig down the LA aqueduct. This, to fans of the film, is obviously when... well a motorcycle was chased down by a big rig in the LA aqueduct. The second event was when on March 2 Holliday knew that in the bar up the road from his house they were filming a movie. Living in Los Angeles everyone knows movies are filmed but the chance to go see it is something no one can pass up.

So, Holliday had his camera out and filmed a little. It was not to sell the footage or for any reason beyond simply that Holliday “wanted to show [his] friends the movie being filmed.” Holliday went home to his apartment and set his camera down on his dresser having had a fun little evening. Around 1am Holliday awoke “to the sounds of a helicopter over [his] apartment.” Looking out of his balcony window Holliday had perhaps the best possible view to see Rodney King’s arrest. Using the same camcorder which had minutes of the Terminator production on its tape Holliday started filming.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-FUpZnKSWs

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
Kate Bush is okay I guess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6mhpbETiJ1u3yk9l.mp4

Yes, it's the whole song

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hachi machi, that's an owie

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Zil posted:

:ohdear: are they not supposed to?

Only when you have a pissneed.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I lived in Jared Leto’s hometown for a few years and definitely experienced a few things that explain why he’s Like That.

Unrelated, the meme is evolving:

https://twitter.com/realdjcthulhu/status/1533227767113859074?s=21&t=kiX_LHgDfq486Rlddm_NGg

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm so proud of our little champ

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/truecrazyfrog/status/1533938036949630981?s=21&t=iLAGl10eU6SPogxqiM8vlQ

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Busket Posket posted:

I lived in Jared Leto’s hometown for a few years and definitely experienced a few things that explain why he’s Like That.

Unrelated, the meme is evolving:

https://twitter.com/realdjcthulhu/status/1533227767113859074?s=21&t=kiX_LHgDfq486Rlddm_NGg

drat, I thought this was going to be the only one and then it'd immediately fade away.

https://twitter.com/Travon/status/1533888311885934592

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Trick question: We are all Gowron.

...in our hearts <3<3<3

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Corporations after each of their Pride collabs posted:

drat, I thought this was going to be the only one and then it'd immediately fade away.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Simpsons should be either have been cancelled after Behind the Laughter or transitioned to a 90s period piece.

A better idea than what we got

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

trapped mouse posted:

I take back what I said. James Cameron is exactly the kind of dumbass that would write an anticop movie and then hire on the LAPD and the IDF to make the action scenes more exciting.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

rodbeard posted:

I take back what I said. James Cameron is exactly the kind of dumbass that would write an anticop movie and then hire on the LAPD and the IDF to make the action scenes more exciting.

The greatest flex in the history of the world was him telling the cast and crew of [I want to say Aliens] "go gently caress yourselves, I hated every minute of working with you, you're all scum, eat poo poo, I'm gonna go to Hollywood and become a multi- billionaire and you're going to sit here in dreary rear end London and live miserable lives".

And then he did it.

I mean, he's still the biggest rear end in a top hat in the world, but god drat he delivered on his promise in spades.

Like imagine some little prick in high school saying "one day I'll be president and you'll all be sorry" and then he loving does it. rear end in a top hat or not, he just loving owned you into oblivion.

Just imagine being the British lighting guy who's like "this Cameron guy doesn't know what he's doing" and then Titanic and Avatar come out after his little speech.

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 06:32 on Jun 7, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Anime Liker posted:

The greatest flex in the history of the world was him telling the cast and crew of [I want to say Aliens] "go gently caress yourselves, I hated every minute of working with you, you're all scum, eat poo poo, I'm gonna go to Hollywood and become a multi- billionaire and you're going to sit here in dreary rear end London and live miserable lives".

And then he did it.

I mean, he's still the biggest rear end in a top hat in the world, but god drat he delivered on his promise in spades.

Like imagine some little prick in high school saying "one day I'll be president and you'll all be sorry" and then he loving does it. rear end in a top hat or not, he just loving owned you into oblivion.

Just imagine being the British lighting guy who's like "this Cameron guy doesn't know what he's doing" and then Titanic and Avatar come out after his little speech.

So has he made any decent flicks after Aliens?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Terminator 2

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Abyss director's cut.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's good that some random dork who made killer robot movies became successful. On the other hand I dislike grotesquely rich people. I'm gonna sit on the fence on this one

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

It's good that some random dork who made killer robot movies became successful. On the other hand I dislike grotesquely rich people. I'm gonna sit on the fence on this one

Redistribute James Cameron's wealth into making more movies like James Cameron did in the 80s

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

If y'all want to see more of cringe worthy films- check out Brain Donors.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

rydiafan posted:

Abyss director's cut.

I know it's my own problem, but the fact that some guy gets brained with a GOD drat PIPE TO THE HEAD and still lives ruins the whole movie for me. I mean what is he, god?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You’ve seen the end of the movie and the guy surviving a head injury is the most fantastic part for you?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Brother Tadger posted:

You’ve seen the end of the movie and the guy surviving a head injury is the most fantastic part for you?

Hey I know gently caress-all about what aliens are like, but I know a normal dude getting hit like that with that pipe is not gonna cause any more problems except by ruining the carpet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

Everyone knew Cameron had written a treatment for Alien 2 that nobody would touch because Alien was not a massive financial success. Alien 2 was not on the table. We expected a professional pitch from Cameron, an outline and a treatment of what he had in mind with a cursory budget; perhaps a couple assistants to run a slide show. Instead Cameron walked in the room without so much as a piece of paper. He went to the chalk board in the room and simply wrote the word ALIEN. Then he added an 'S' to make ALIENS. Dramatically, he drew two vertical lines through the 'S', ALIEN$. He turned around and grinned. We green-lit the project that day for $18 million.

What the gently caress is this guy talking about? Alien made ten times its budget and was the fifth-highest grossing film of 1979, and was produced and distributed by the same companies as Aliens would be.

:laffo: I looked up the quote, and it never actually appears in the book it's attributed to, either. https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/alien/