Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I have mailed a bucket of rocks to the goon’s school, I can only pray it gets to them in time…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Butcher posted:

Man, I know it's a killing machine but hell if it doesn't look dope.

If I was captain I would want to ram my enemies and slice their hulls open. Maybe put some extra cutting/reinforcement on the front.

"Ramming speed!"

"Uh, sir, you know we have huge rear end guns and can engage from a distance right?"

"RAMMING SPEED!"

"SAIL ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Butcher posted:

No shame in it, World War II era warships are very beautiful. Sleek likes. It's a shame so few still remain as museum ships, it should've been criminal that the English decommissioned and wrecked the HMS Warspite, for instance.

And of course a lot of them were sunk under mysterious circumstances in the early 40s. For instance the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau were really beautiful ships, but unfortunately they were on the bad side of the war and were sunk.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

PokeJoe posted:

Very cool and very normal. If half the teachers are out why are you there? Seems like a half full school could just be like remote or something

We had two of these situations this year. One time, a star student (2nd year freshman) posted footage of himself at the firing range on Instagram with the caption "Getting ready for school on Monday", was arrested and placed in juvenile. The superintendent sent out a corporation-wide voicemail and email detailing the entire thing and that the person who posted it was in custody, etc. However, like half the student body was out the following Monday but most teachers were there.

The other time it was some stupid tiktok just after the "devious licks" thing that evolved into students removing sinks from the wall, smashing paper towel and soap dispensers, etc. Then, they started making threats on stall walls. However, the really dumb thing was they didn't even personalize the text and basically copy/pasted the text from the original tiktok and then there were copycats all over the state reposting the same text after writing it on their school stalls and was determined to be a hoax. Same thing happened with about half the student body deciding to stay home.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 6, 2022

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Uvalde cops are bringing in literal biker gangs to intimidate journalists.

https://www.newsweek.com/uvalde-police-enlist-bikers-block-reporters-covering-funerals-report-1712524?amp=1

Burns
May 10, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

No shame in it, World War II era warships are very beautiful. Sleek likes. It's a shame so few still remain as museum ships, it should've been criminal that the English decommissioned and wrecked the HMS Warspite, for instance.

And of course a lot of them were sunk under mysterious circumstances in the early 40s. For instance the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau were really beautiful ships, but unfortunately they were on the bad side of the war and were sunk.

Gneisenau was scuttled because hitler got real mad at the navy. But i do agree that scrapping Warspite is a real shame. She fought in two world wars.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

What would be even better would be if a real MC showed up and intimidated the cosplayers.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Kirk Vikernes posted:

What would be even better would be if a real MC showed up and intimidated the cosplayers.

I figured the bikers were mostly off duty cops.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I figured the bikers were mostly off duty cops.

A few mentioned they were retired EMS as well.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Zil posted:

A few mentioned they were retired EMS as well.

The heck? Medics don't hurt people. We sometimes do, but it's hurting to help in those cases.

Like if I boot you in the loving ribs or do a painful sternum rub while you are unresponsive with a rig beside you, that's because I don't want you to loving die. Ain't doing it to get a half chubby and get worked up to beat the poo poo out of my wife later.

Most medics and FD hate cops. Dumb loving idiots that get in the way.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Taking unsolicited photos at children's funerals is kind of in poor taste tbh

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
If the grieving parents asked the bikers to step in, that's one thing and is their right, in my opinion.

The cops (who have been acting hella suspicious) asking them to step in is another, and just seems to add to the shadiness and apparent lack of transparency.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

True, but there are people out there saying that no kids were actually buried and instead were trafficked out of the school.

It is a lovely situation all around and there are no winners.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The Butcher posted:

If I was captain I would want to ram my enemies and slice their hulls open. Maybe put some extra cutting/reinforcement on the front.

"Ramming speed!"

"Uh, sir, you know we have huge rear end guns and can engage from a distance right?"

"RAMMING SPEED!"

The truth behind Japan's kamikaze pilots is that they weren't suicide crashing, it's just that many US ship commanders thought the same way as you.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Read After Burning posted:

If the grieving parents asked the bikers to step in, that's one thing and is their right, in my opinion.

The cops (who have been acting hella suspicious) asking them to step in is another, and just seems to add to the shadiness and apparent lack of transparency.

I mean organized crime needs to stick together, right?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Zil posted:

True, but there are people out there saying that no kids were actually buried and instead were trafficked out of the school.

It is a lovely situation all around and there are no winners.

This is the most disgusting false flag conspiracy yet.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

This is the most disgusting false flag conspiracy yet.

Isn't it exactly the same as the Sandy Hook poo poo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

Isn't it exactly the same as the Sandy Hook poo poo

Don't think the Sandy Hook false flaggers said anything about the kids being sex trafficked.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it.

I also realize that all those dipshit conspiracy theorists are saying the exact same thing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

Don't think the Sandy Hook false flaggers said anything about the kids being sex trafficked.

Well that was before pizzagate revealed the democrat groomer operation, duh

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Zil posted:

"SAIL ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!"

-things an annapolis grad has almost certainly said

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

FoolyCharged posted:

The truth behind Japan's kamikaze pilots is that they weren't suicide crashing, it's just that many US ship commanders thought the same way as you.

I never said I would be a good captain. Don't put Worf at the helm unless you know the consequences.

You gotta hide all the torpedoes in the yoga studio before I order a full broadside on the alien space orphanage.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1533569805424463872?t=XmsE1NXhDSvjSE4BL0j5WQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1533582177048346626?t=XmsE1NXhDSvjSE4BL0j5WQ&s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Unrelated to guns, but she just appointed Milo Y as one of her interns.

The woman who screeches about how Democrats are all pedophiles, hired the dude who advocated for older men to sleep with underage boys, because "it happened to me and I turned out fine."

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Guze posted:

I have no idea what the cops actually did but none of it sounds like trying to stop a mass murderer

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1529529909571461121?s=20&t=TqitO5kmaFsmaFjshl8esg

wait isnt this dude literally on the cia's payroll as a glorified PR guy or something?

https://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/09/ken-dilanian-sent-cia-drafts-of-stories-194906

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 7, 2022

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

John Oliver on why more police in schools won't solve school shootings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgwqQGvYt0g

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

ya who needs a free press anyways, better to have the police tell us what we can and cannot report on

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

ya who needs a free press anyways, better to have the police tell us what we can and cannot report on

why do crying families need to be papparazzi’d

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

unpleasantly turgid posted:

What are you arguing here? Logically this ends with an authoritarian (you, of course) dictating what is and isn't proper to report on?

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Big Beef City posted:

What are you arguing here? Logically this ends with an authoritarian (you, of course) dictating what is and isn't proper to report on?

I’m arguing for controlling everyone, always

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I’m arguing for controlling everyone, always

that doesn't seem very nice

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

cops: they've been through enough. *points* i just tasered her last week

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Big Beef City posted:

that doesn't seem very nice

please remain open minded

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Underpaid teachers, cliques, bullying, pressure to perform and to conform, actual censoring of what can be learned. And the world's worst lottery, where (according to pro-gun people) the odds of your child getting shot to shreds are low, but the "prize" is, you know, your child being turned into giblets, so I bet most would rather not run the risk at all. Put all of this together and what incentive is even there to keep going to school over there?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zefiel posted:

Underpaid teachers, cliques, bullying, pressure to perform and to conform, actual censoring of what can be learned. And the world's worst lottery, where (according to pro-gun people) the odds of your child getting shot to shreds are low, but the "prize" is, you know, your child being turned into giblets, so I bet most would rather not run the risk at all. Put all of this together and what incentive is even there to keep going to school over there?

Showing you up

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Zefiel posted:

Put all of this together and what incentive is even there to keep going to school over there?

There isn't because republicans simply want America to collapse since people are becoming more progressive and won't bend over and do whatever they say anymore.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Republicans can't wait for it to be more socially acceptable, and even legal, to mass murder anyone who isn't like them.

They are all evil.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

one day this planet will swallow us all, religion politics and money mean nothing to the lava

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I bet you $100 that incel shootings would stop almost completely if you required all guns to be dick shaped and pink. The gun nuts could still keep as much of them as they want to protect against the Queen or whatever, but I doubt they would even want to if they looked like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

while it's worth noting that this is an actual bonafide example of American Exceptionalism (hella mass shootings and crazy gun violence), america isn't the only place that has guns & most countries don't have daily mass shootings despite a heavily armed populace

nothing can or should be done about bad things cuz bad things happen all across the world

i could easily see my response being used by some chud dipshit to justify dumping billions into Law Enforcement funding tho