Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Philippe posted:

We're not having that.

Oh c’mon I was this close

Give a description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

This one is a two parter:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Jun 6, 2022

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Known shroom user

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Drug driver sounds like someone with stuffed sinuses trying to say drunk driver.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

FFT posted:

The difference is this one was obviously a Skweezy Jibs level joke instead of a weird subversion of the "what the gently caress are you talking about" meme
The joke wasn't that inscrutable. Literally the text guides you through it.

I wouldn't give a poo poo about a middling at best joke, but the way people reacted really reinforces that, to most cis people, there's only one way to be trans, and that's being born with a penis. This isn't the fault of trans women, this is on cis people.

A lot of the people here aren't as progressive as they tell themselves. It stings a bit.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DicktheCat posted:

I didn't say it was inscrutable, I said it was "a weird subversion of the 'what the gently caress are you talking about' meme"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

I wouldn't give a poo poo about a middling at best joke, but the way people reacted really reinforces that, to most cis people, there's only one way to be trans, and that's being born with a penis. This isn't the fault of trans women, this is on cis people.

A lot of the people here aren't as progressive as they tell themselves. It stings a bit.

I really don't think that's what it is.

I think people assumed posts itt would include a joke or humor of some kind. The positive reading of that meme story is... not that. It's blessed or whatever you want to call it but what's supposed to be funny about a straightforward reading of a supportive conversation about transition?

If a bunch of well meaning people misinterpret a piece of communication, it's a flawed piece of communication that could use some workshopping.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fwiw I understood it the first time but yes it did not appear to have a joke in it, so just sort of read it and that's it.

but I also haven't seen breaking bad so I dunno

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

The joke is that the images are reappropriation from a show about casual violence and using other humans to further your own means. The subversion of this meaning through the text is supposedly the punch line, but it's not exactly haha funny.

Neither are most of the memes in this thread, btw.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nice, I only need to send my wallet details, and, huh, weird that they need the password, but it's free, so whatever. Wait a second, where did my ape go?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

DicktheCat posted:

PYF Purity Tests

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

i'm gonna find the most valuable NFT and funge the poo poo out of it

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Large Testicles posted:

i'm gonna find the most valuable NFT and funge the poo poo out of it

Bad news about the fitst part...

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Paladinus posted:

Nice, I only need to send my wallet details, and, huh, weird that they need the password, but it's free, so whatever. Wait a second, where did my ape go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtLWbrOircQ

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
How do these goobers even tell when an NFT is "stolen?" It's not like you open your vault and gasp because it's empty

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh all this drama about the meme is over the breaking bad stuff? I just scrolled right over them because I didn't want to read that much

Soul Dentist posted:

How do these goobers even tell when an NFT is "stolen?" It's not like you open your vault and gasp because it's empty
When you get hacked and your apes are gone

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Paladinus posted:

the shipping and handling is probably worth more than the apes

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

snergle posted:

having seen the movie yes it is.

Exactly how terrible was it?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

A good name for that establishment would be Flap Jack's.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Fap Jack's

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Too crass for brunch.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I'm knicking that for my headstone

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hell yeah semper fi

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

unpopular opinion, but i don't think forklift drivers deserve all of the hero worship they get

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Goon Boots posted:

unpopular opinion, but i don't think forklift drivers deserve all of the hero worship they get

Nice homophobia.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Goon Boots posted:

Delete your account

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I watched a guy with narcolepsy hop into a forklift and do a poor job getting a pallet off a second level shelf. Not all drivers are created equal

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Look as long as it keeps staplerfahrer klaus away...

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Goon Boots posted:

I don't want to see this kind of disrespectful posting in my subforum, okay? Some lines you just don't cross.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/sxr8Hgs.mp4

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
https://twitter.com/luhblix/status/1533965829359947776

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

You can't tell me that Batman isn't a little bit psychotic, so hearing voices is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There was an episode of Batman Beyond where a villain tried to drive Bruce Wayne crazy by making him hear voices through some high tech transmitter device. It didn't work because it called him Bruce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kwyndig posted:

There was an episode of Batman Beyond where a villain tried to drive Bruce Wayne crazy by making him hear voices through some high tech transmitter device. It didn't work because it called him Bruce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t7yiN_Z5eg

One of the best scenes in an already great DCAU cartoon.