Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
they meant vote and not kill when they said they would kill didn't they heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

they meant vote and not kill when they said they would kill didn't they heh

heyo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, personally, i feel like db has been putting himself out there with actual comments on relevant events.

to be frank, I am surprised at the amount of #engagement my plastic post got. Not that it makes me nervous. Just a comment.

I happen to agree, I played two games with town tpink recently, and it's difficult for me to discern a meaningful difference.

I'm not going to pretend that the grandicap vs plastic thing today is an especially telling end of day. I'm surprised that grandicap is so easy to vote out because he can become a force later.

i still would have rather done lotus today methinks because it would say a lot about grandi, and plastic maybe. I don't know why we walked away from lotus really, other than the fact that maybe they offered a hard town call on flipped town, but scum know who town are.

i was revisiting the toal case and something shell missed was, in addition to wanting to shift the vote to lotus off of grandi (flipped scum), there was some apparent buddying up to me via agreeing with my town read of tpink (flipped scum).

tone-wise I read toal as seeming towny most of the time but looking back now with more info i think shell's case is convincing enough. ##vote toal

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I hope Shell can't secretly kill me at night, like she's 1x BP and has a night vig which is why she's been insisting on keeping me alive. She wants to kill me by her own hand probably...I guess I'll find out eventually!

Did everyone get their posts in?

Toal is at -1, I'm fine hammering

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m sure I don’t have enough posts yet but maybe Opop will be lenient.

Sorry been driving all day. Will be at a hotel in about an hour

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

There's no rush and we want to know how you knew about the PGO and why you thought it was Lotus.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

There's no rush and we want to know how you knew about the PGO and why you thought it was Lotus.

Ehhhh fine probably doesn’t matter at this point

My role is medium, I get the result of any investigator who dies that night

So I got two results, “target is a pgo” and “target goes nowhere” so it was pretty clear from the flips that tpink the role enforcer was at least partly a rolecop and most likely Nep Nep visited the pgo who went nowhere

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

Oh I thought it was Lotus because I thought Lotus breadcrumbed cop, figured maybe it was a trick to get people to visit as a PGO, and figured scum would likely be visiting the cop

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Dick Bastardly posted:

woah woah woah hold on now

i just read this again and I thought shell was VT??

Yeah, kill as in vote out, get out. I read that after the fact and realized it was oddly phrased but eh. Sorry to break the suspense here, but if I still had a shot with my confessed target in front of me, I'd have won, lol.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Hal Insandenza posted:

Ehhhh fine probably doesn’t matter at this point

My role is medium, I get the result of any investigator who dies that night

So I got two results, “target is a pgo” and “target goes nowhere” so it was pretty clear from the flips that tpink the role enforcer was at least partly a rolecop and most likely Nep Nep visited the pgo who went nowhere

Woah, cool role!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I can't even self hammer vindictively because of the open twilights. :mad:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That's a good role, I can understand why it's in this game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

What, with the 3 town investigators.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

So if the gunsmith/cop investigated Maer and died, Hal would get the "Maer can kill/is Surv" tip, too. That's neat.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:blessed: :itwaspoo:

:phoneb::phoneline::phone:

:tbear: :wave: :bagl:

:whoptc: :cabot::sissies:

Here are some of my favourite old style, emoji.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

So, given what Hal said (tpink rolecopped Maer) and the early speculation of Lotus about the enforcers, "Role enforcer" probably does something like rolecops the target and blocks them from acting? Except Maer did shot, but her power is passive, and those are (usually) not affected by the blocks, I think?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I don't know, nothing in my PM suggests blocks being effective or ineffective.

Hal's role makes me feel more positive if it doesn't end here but here's hoping...

Should we just hammer? I'm going to bed "soon" but also can let it sit and Toal can add more emojis or whatnot (that's not snark, add more music recs or do what you like, it'll be open over night too...Shell did you listen to Murder by Death?)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

As you all prefer, tbh. I cannot hammer, so I'll just be around here for anything.

I didn't! Missed it, sorry. Will do next time I'm on a PC with speakers, phone is just horrible with Youtube as of late.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

We probably should check that everyone is out of the 10-posts lurkill thing before dropping hammer, tbh. I know I am but I am not sure about everyone else. I can maybe check?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also Maer is most definitely a PGO, if Hal "saw" her go nowhere and do nothing it's clear whoever died just commited accidental Suicide by Maer.

I swear, lady, you're doing this on purpose - the ONE game I get to proudly go "I killed a town", and here you are like "well I killed a town AND A SCUM". Like, thanks, but also, you had to one-up me there huh!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal has 9 posts. DB has 12. Lotus has 18. I am reasonably sure the rest are out of the woods, but we should wait for Hal to pop up around, I think.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Forgot Binus, also 12.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Hal's role is cool but also it is very funny that it sounds like he just gets the result exactly how they would be received by the person with the role in the first place. Hm, yes, the target is able to kill. This is very helpful indeed :v:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So I should make it clear that Nep-Nep could still have been killed by other means and just visited someone else who went nowhere. She seemed far more suspicious of tpink than of Maer who she called town early on but then did question a bit later. We know she didn’t visit tpink though unless his role somehow passed the visit on to his own target.

I would love Sandwolf to be the scum but looking at his grandi vote it’s pretty dangerous to leave your vote on what may be your last scumbuddy in that situation, even on a team that has been shown to be ok with bussing

The cop/gunsmith duo does seem like a bit of an unlikely scenario, since even though both could be killed by a PGO. But my role makes theirs a little less hampered by thr PGO. I do think it’s a bit odd that Lotus was left alone last night though.

Survivor/PGO is a very powerful survivor, 50% of the ways they could die are shut down, they don’t have to worry about any investigations and they can force the game to end quicker by attracting visitors. Not saying it’s not a thing necessarily but it seems like the easiest survivor role I have seen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm but what about DB

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

So I should make it clear that Nep-Nep could still have been killed by other means and just visited someone else who went nowhere. She seemed far more suspicious of tpink than of Maer who she called town early on but then did question a bit later. We know she didn’t visit tpink though unless his role somehow passed the visit on to his own target.

Good point. I'm not sure how suspicious Nep would be on Maer, her having jumped into game later on means her reads were a bit quick and rushed. We do know Plastic didn't visit Maer, since he could go nowhere, so Nep shouldn't be a NK.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Survivor/PGO is a very powerful survivor, 50% of the ways they could die are shut down, they don’t have to worry about any investigations and they can force the game to end quicker by attracting visitors. Not saying it’s not a thing necessarily but it seems like the easiest survivor role I have seen

I agree. I'm rather sure that's why I had to kill Maer. At first I thought it was too harsh to point a vig at a survivor, but that seems to be balanced by her being drat killey at night and also not really attractive for scum to come kill her.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I do find the "extra killer" theory a bit hard, just because well, this is 13p and the setup itself has had a lot of extra death - scum, PGO, vig. An unclaimed one would probably be a SK, any night vigs would just have claimed, I think. And it just seems... difficult to fit ANOTHER kill role, unless you propose Maer or I are SKs.

Maer can be tested by the method Sand offered, see how many people die if nobody visits her. It's not foolproof, but again, she should probably die if the game is not over today, because D4 she'll be able to decide who to side with.

I can be either gunsmithed or copped. I have no more guns so I'd test negative. Again, not foolproof, because if we lunch one town cop I'd heavily suspect the other but I can't jump on Maer, or on anyone, so if any of you have any idea there, happy to oblige.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Lotus Aura posted:

Hal's role is cool but also it is very funny that it sounds like he just gets the result exactly how they would be received by the person with the role in the first place. Hm, yes, the target is able to kill. This is very helpful indeed :v:

Hahahahahahaha yeah, it's a bit... redundant, but funny nevertheless. I'm guessing it has the downside of Hal not really knowing who was visited, and the upside of him being a backup copy of results. It'd allow investigative roles to detect the PGO, which they normally wouldn't do, so I see the use.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hal Insandenza posted:

I do think it’s a bit odd that Lotus was left alone last night though.

Same, tbh! I even said it would've made more sense earlier.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hmmm but what about DB

I'm guessing he's probably VT. Dunno why he wouldn't say so at this point, but it's the most likely to me. I don't see there being only 2 vanilla roles in here since that'd be way too powerful for town.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tbh, and Occam-razoring it, if we lunch one cop and the game doesn't end, the other being alive next day would almost be all the answers we need...

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal acts a backup copy here, tho! So, cop's results tonight cannot really be stopped by a kill. As long as the cop tells us who they'll check in advance, and sticks to that target, Hal will know what they see even if the cop eats a bullet.

So - extra killer. I don't think it's anyone who hasn't claimed killed by now, too many killers. So it's either Maer or me, that is, one of us can be lying.

If you're worried about Maer, we kill her tomorrow.

If you are worried about me, check me - it'll be a waste of one result, sure, but the only way for that result to disappear would be for both the cop and Hal to bite it. If that happens I'll gladly walk myself to the gallows, no fight.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'd like to again throw myself on the pyre and leave the two investigative roles alive or no lunch. It gives scum a hard choice on who to kill because there will be a definite result from Hal or Toal/Lotus. If town wins I'll consider it a metaphorical win for myself too, and how often do I get to sacrifice myself for the good of town?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

And whatever you all decide to do, any alive cop tonight really should tell us whoever it is they're checking, IMO. That guarantees Hal can correlate the result and the target.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Not really. If we votekill you or no one, then scum just kills someone else (most likely Shell). Of course, I'd have no option but to claim I checked toal and likewise she'd presumably claim a result for me and the most likely outcome there is I claim to see that she can kill and she claims to see that I'm scum. We'd just go through the same thing tomorrow as today.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

I'd like to again throw myself on the pyre and leave the two investigative roles alive or no lunch. It gives scum a hard choice on who to kill because there will be a definite result from Hal or Toal/Lotus. If town wins I'll consider it a metaphorical win for myself too, and how often do I get to sacrifice myself for the good of town?

Cut it off.

If we go into the night with two cops alive, all they need to do to tie us up again is to produce a guilty result for each other.

You want to die? Wait a day, we'll indulge.

Also stop sacrificing yourself for not-your-wincon, can you? Lol.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The only way that plan actually works is if we're somehow both town and then we just go through D3 with a giant question mark on who the actual scum is with no extra info from today.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Town kills me all the time, rarely do I get to volunteer... Lol.

I mean I would prefer to live but I'm up for whatever is most helpful for town. With Hal's reveal I feel good about towns chances, but that is a really stacked deck against scum.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Well let's just move this along then.

##vote Toal

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bad bot but that's :redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Someone should pay that bot. Or give it a good kick, It's done literally nothing this game.