Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The joke should have been that Musk cares about the homeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Discendo Vox posted:

Artist signature says "Genge". Could you provide the source site?

edit: found it on her twitter, she's used this artist before:
https://twitter.com/BrandiKruse/status/1520438191316033537

It's always funny when they try poo poo like this because it always reveals that they just have this concept of reactionary, instinctive hate of anyone who's not on the right team. They can't conceve of a moral or principled stance.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Cops, republicans and Amazon employees? One of those things is nothing like the others.
They mean “People at Pride as Amazon Employees to promote Amazon Business.” but that would be too honest, so label it “Amazon Employees” to give the impression Pride is kicking gay warehouse workers who are just there as a non-employee. Like Body Snatchers where you casually mention your Amazon job and everyone starts pointing and screeching.

Dishonesty is all they have now.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

seiferguy posted:

Extremely AGC.

The choice of everything being grey except the flags does make this feel like the dourest, dullest pride march ever, but given many people in the crowd and on the sides are smiling and happy I'm not sure that's on purpose. I guess even in the most depressing times when all seems grey pride can still bring some brightness to the world

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Pete Songi on Boris Johnson potentially facing a confidence vote this week – The threshold of 54 letters to the 1922 Committee chair required for a vote on the PM may be reached this week – if it hasn’t been already"
Boris Johnson to face no-confidence vote today as scores of Tory MPs call on him to go

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Reminder that Elon Musk said he'd end world hunger if someone gave him a reasonable plan for doing so, and someone (I think a UN council) drew up one that would cost six billion dollars, a mere fraction of what he spends on other vanity projects, and he immediately chickened out.

lmao @ thinking he would spend a dime on a humanitarian cause

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If he did actually try to end homelessness, it definitely wouldn't involve getting homeless people into homes.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

elon musk loves nothing more than to build an extremely claustrophobic space and put a person in it who will probably die horribly as a result, so his solution to homelessness would look a lot like his solutions to traffic and children trapped in a cave

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fister Roboto posted:

If he did actually try to end homelessness, it definitely wouldn't involve getting homeless people into homes.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Reminder that Elon Musk said he'd end world hunger if someone gave him a reasonable plan for doing so, and someone (I think a UN council) drew up one that would cost six billion dollars, a mere fraction of what he spends on other vanity projects, and he immediately chickened out.

lmao @ thinking he would spend a dime on a humanitarian cause

Kind of, but he didn't chicken out, he set an impossible standard at the start by purposefully misunderstanding what they intended to accomplish with six billion.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He is a super vain man, so everything has to maintain his delusional self-image as Tony Stark.

I’m sure he bought Twitter on a whim because he thinks himself invincible and wanted adulation from his man-children followers. The second his finances have to go under the slightest bit of scrutiny he wimps out and invents an excuse to preserve his ego. It’s sad.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Anthony Albanese and foreign minister Penny Wong who are on a diplomacy blitz in the Pacific making up for the previous government's inaction. Albanese rode a bamboo bicycle alongside Indonesian president Joko Widodo. Albanese tucks trousers into socks and pedals into bicycle diplomacy (SMH).

Pope:

Paddington Bear takes tea – and marmalade – with Queen in jubilee video (Guardian)

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk. Queensland launches a commission of inquiry into DNA testing at its state-run forensics laboratory (ABC).

Wilcox:

I think that's Cathy Wilcox herself as the cartoonist.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Dylan16807 posted:

Kind of, but he didn't chicken out, he set an impossible standard at the start by purposefully misunderstanding what they intended to accomplish with six billion.
Uhh, ACTUALLY, I think you'll find that plan would only end hunger across the entire planet for a finite period of time, and not literally solve it for all future generations forever, and therefore the 9 million people who die of hunger every year wouldn't really benefit from it anyway.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yes he made a bad excuse and then did nothing. You're describing chickening out.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Yes he made a bad excuse and then did nothing. You're describing chickening out.

He set it up in his very first post. That's deliberate sabotage, not chickening out. Not sure which is worse, but they're different.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Scott Stantis

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Jury of His Peers: Not many were surprised at the mostly liberal jury for their “not guilty” verdict, including Durham, in the Sussmann trial.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Well hes not gonna loving shoot anybody now, Is he?!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

none of those things have anything to do with mass shootings except for the NRA

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hihohe posted:

Well hes not gonna loving shoot anybody now, Is he?!

Yeah but he could resort to posting mean things at people who agree with the artist on twitter, which is basically the same thing

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
We need guns so the mentally ill can use them to fix their problems?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah good point we need universal health care too

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

this one isn't even especially hateful if you aren't already a bigot. the kids are sitting right up close! they're loving it! the drag queen is super cute!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can definitely see drag queens as being capable of entering terrifying berserker rages capable of shrugging off gunshot wounds.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

I can definitely see drag queens as being capable of entering terrifying berserker rages capable of shrugging off gunshot wounds.

that applies to anyone who wears heels on the regular, i think

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A woman who's good with kids and also wants to protect them, this cartoon kind of just described someone who would make a dedicated teacher?

Unless you already have a deep-seated hatred of anything even remotely gender non-conforming then nothing bad is shown actually happening here.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"OK yeah good point, we need better mental healthcare too, why don't we improve that?"

"No that's communism."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fister Roboto posted:

"OK yeah good point, we need better mental healthcare too, why don't we improve that?"

"No that's communism."

If treatment for mental health actually improved then what would we use as a distraction for other issue we also don't want to do anything about!? Think Fister Roboto, THINK!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If treatment for mental health actually improved then what would we use as a distraction for other issue we also don't want to do anything about!? Think Fister Roboto, THINK!

Video games and Hollywood, of course.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's amazing that the gender that for decades has got the lovely end of the stick for misdiagnosis, medical gaslighting, psychiatric abuse, etc. doesn't do most of the spree killings if it's all down to the mental health.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skeleton Mom posted:

this one isn't even especially hateful if you aren't already a bigot. the kids are sitting right up close! they're loving it! the drag queen is super cute!
And according to Lester, actually stops school shootings! What the hell, this rules

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

As a total aside - when and why did IMGUR turn so hard to the left?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skeleton Mom posted:

Yeah he didn't even draw the queen hatefully or anything, it's like an Asay you're just supposed to feel automatic hatred and disgust for queer people

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Raised By Birds posted:

Affirming the rights and dignity of everyone is divisive.

ah yes, the dreaded "globohomo" right on time for Pride. get bent, Ben

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah he didn't even draw the queen hatefully or anything, it's like an Asay you're just supposed to feel automatic hatred and disgust for queer people

You mean this one?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Skeleton Mom posted:

Giving children role models that are not gender confirming increases their chances of becoming tolerant of others and their own identities, leading to better mental health. I know that's not the intended reading, but it's not even a stretch.

As for the gun as a solution to mental health crisis, don't count on conservatives being against suicide/execution of mentally ill people.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kellies Nomination: Worst caricature. I wouldn't even have know that was Biden without the button.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

JamesBont posted:

You mean this one?

I kinda feel hate and disgust at that comic now, but that's just because the man on the far right looks a lot like Ted Cruz now. I'm pretty sure that comic was made long before Cruz decided to look like a knock-off Dollarstore Ra's al Ghul though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I proof-read that as Tom Cruise 3 times and kept thinking 'WTF?!' until I finally read it correctly.

China Daily

I just realized these have names so:

The Price of Freedom by Song Chen

Le Monde

by Adene from France
Each product represents a political party, as France is voting for its parliament this weekend:
Reconquête (Extreme right-wing): The Great Value! (in reference to replacement theory I think)
NUPES (Mainstream Left coalition): Robin Hood
RN (Extreme Right): 100% French Cost of Living
Ensemble! (President's 'centrist' party): 15 cents off
Animal Rights Party: Cruelty-Free Guaranteed
Le Mouvement de la Ruralité (Hunting party): Regional Product
Les Republicains (Mainstream right-wing)
Communists: Capitalist-Free Guaranteed

by Fabrice Erre
The Great Meritocratic Race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

JamesBont posted:

You mean this one?

Also it’s not even a “both are fine” cartoon because the moustache dude is clearly the same guy in both pictures, which makes it a comparison of “a parent forced into a relationship with someone he is not attracted to, because his loving someone is a crime that puts his life at risk” versus “two parents in love and supporting one another.” One option is obviously preferable.

You might suggest that dude could just be bi, but do you honestly believe bi people exist in Asay’s world?