Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Zugzwang posted:

He did, by his own admission, know “enough to say something” about Harvey Weinstein. I don’t think that’s atypical for people in his position, but that doesn’t excuse him either.

Tarantino seems to have had the same problem as a few other people, such as Kevin Smith: he was so grateful to Weinstein for basically starting his career that it partially blinded him to Weinstein's depredations. It's another element of why Weinstein went unpunished for as long as he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Please tell me that was from a review for "Behind the Police."

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Goddamn, someone buy that as a one-off gangtag for Robert. His own, bespoke "Many different users".

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

kstruecrimeaddicted via Apple Podcasts

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Even as someone who likes a crime podcast (ok it’s just Criminal and Casefile), good lord

There is…worms, worms on worms on worms of brainworms there.

gently caress how do you listen to true crime podcasts and not have a bitter taste for the cops?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

After The War posted:

Please tell me that was from a review for "Behind the Police."

If I'm remembering correctly, it was actually in reference to some completely random episode that had nothing to do with cops, but they came back from the break and started making fun of how the WA police had bought ad time on a previous episode — about on par with that one time where Bloomberg tried to advertise on Worst Year Ever and they just spent the entire time roasting the gently caress out of him as a candidate.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

I've been making my way through the archives and the episode I just started makes fun about the Washington state Police buying ad time. It's the first Cash for Kids episode with Prop.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Oh, I know it's been a running joke for a bit now. Garrison's been doing it on their own with Robert only occasionally joining in on ICHH Daily.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

teen witch posted:

Even as someone who likes a crime podcast (ok it’s just Criminal and Casefile), good lord

gently caress how do you listen to true crime podcasts and not have a bitter taste for the cops?

Unfortunately 'true crime' can refer to a lot of things, and the majority of the most popular stuff (especially when it comes to podcasts) is of the, "trust no one, buy a security system, never help a stranger, put your DNA in a database, always cooperate with cops, it's wine o'clock somewhere!" variety. It sucks because everyone knows the best episodes of Forensic Files are the ones where it turns out the cops lacked basic competence and couldn't stop accusing the same guy for no reason even as an absurd amount of evidence piled up to the contrary.

See also: season two of In The Dark.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean so are alot of true crime podcasts to varying degrees outside that sword and scale fuckhead.

the only one i like is last podcast on the left and they are way way broader then true crime and outside their like first year or so, genuinly well made and interesting.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

We got another Alex Jones episode, this time with Dan & Jordan from Knowledge Fight.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Everett False posted:

See also: season two of In The Dark.

Definitely see (well, hear) this

just be warned, you will get angry

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Testekill posted:

We got another Alex Jones episode, this time with Dan & Jordan from Knowledge Fight.

Loved this one btw :)

Robert mentioning Ben Garrison today made me think he could make for a good episode. Although I'm sure he's not terribly impressive or interesting, his comics are rife for ridicule (also of course you'll want to be sure to mention the cum edits)

And then thinking about that rear end in a top hat made me realize there's a much better cartoonist target: Scott Adams. Now that would make for a good episode. What the gently caress happened to Dilbert's Dad to make him such a fuckwit?? I'd love to hear that story covered by Robert

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

teen witch posted:

I dunno, I had no clue that Starship Troopers was satire when I first saw it. Then again, I was 12.

timp posted:

And then thinking about that rear end in a top hat made me realize there's a much better cartoonist target: Scott Adams. Now that would make for a good episode. What the gently caress happened to Dilbert's Dad to make him such a fuckwit?? I'd love to hear that story covered by Robert
Decoding the Gurus did a good episode on Adams a while back. There are very few people whom I loathe more than him.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

timp posted:

Loved this one btw :)

Robert mentioning Ben Garrison today made me think he could make for a good episode. Although I'm sure he's not terribly impressive or interesting, his comics are rife for ridicule (also of course you'll want to be sure to mention the cum edits)

An episode on terrible political cartoonists could be pretty interesting. I don't think Garrison or Adams could fill an episode, but throw in someone like Lester and maybe you have one!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Shinji2015 posted:

An episode on terrible political cartoonists could be pretty interesting. I don't think Garrison or Adams could fill an episode, but throw in someone like Lester and maybe you have one!

oh, Adams could fill an episode

They could get fifteen minutes easy out of the Dilburrito

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Shinji2015 posted:

The problem with doing an episode on cartoonists is how much time you could end up spending on describing a cartoon that the audience can't see.

How lame is it when Alex Jones spends a bunch of time talking about a meme he printed out and framed but you can't see so he just crappily describes it?

The difference could be if there are enough cartoonists with real world lovely elements to their lives like Bruce Tinsley's drunk driving.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

twerking on the railroad posted:

The difference could be if there are enough cartoonists with real world lovely elements to their lives like Bruce Tinsley's drunk driving.

Holy poo poo I did NOT know this

quote:

In 2006, Tinsley was arrested twice for driving while intoxicated, once in August and again in December, both Class A misdemeanors. After the December incident, he attacked the sentencing judge, Roderick McGillivray, in several of his comics.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

teen witch posted:

Holy poo poo I did NOT know this

Oh yeah, he's a regular Michael Crichton.

But there maybe isn't enough on just Bruce Tinsley (or Michael Crichton) for a full episode... But if you could string together a few more lovely people then maybe.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

oh, Adams could fill an episode

They could get fifteen minutes easy out of the Dilburrito

I distinctly remember them already covering the Dilburrito, was there a Scott Adams episode?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

twerking on the railroad posted:

The problem with doing an episode on cartoonists is how much time you could end up spending on describing a cartoon that the audience can't see.

How lame is it when Alex Jones spends a bunch of time talking about a meme he printed out and framed but you can't see so he just crappily describes it?

Steal Cody's space and do a surprise youtube ep.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I think it's a patreon episode but Qanon Anonymous did a good one on Scott Adams

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

thecluckmeme posted:

I distinctly remember them already covering the Dilburrito, was there a Scott Adams episode?

I swear I've listened to a podcast about how much of a piece of poo poo Adams is but I was convinced that BTB did it.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Dangerous Person posted:

I think it's a patreon episode but Qanon Anonymous did a good one on Scott Adams
Thank you for reminding me about this one. It's really funny and not Patreon-only: https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-43-scott-adams

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dont listen to todays episode yet.

It’s nearly all clips of court depositions that someone neglected to add to the podcast file.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Zugzwang posted:

Thank you for reminding me about this one. It's really funny and not Patreon-only: https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-43-scott-adams

Oh dope, then it gets the full endorsement

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Testekill posted:

I swear I've listened to a podcast about how much of a piece of poo poo Adams is but I was convinced that BTB did it.

I haven't re-listened but they so have a two-parter on The Secret by Napoleon Hill, which was Scott Adams whole thing.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

rotinaj posted:

Dont listen to todays episode yet.

It’s nearly all clips of court depositions that someone neglected to add to the podcast file.

ofc the one time I download it immediately

nashona
May 8, 2014

Scott Adams and Ben Garrison had a recent Twitter beef.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

nashona posted:

Scott Adams and Ben Garrison had a recent Twitter beef.

Did you come across a writeup anywhere? Because that sounds like pure comedy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Should be cleaned up soon
https://twitter.com/bastardspod/status/1534931995976814592

nashona
May 8, 2014

Came up in the Politoons thread

https://twitter.com/willystaley/status/1483813173518086147?lang=en

quote:

REPEAT AFTER ME, VACCINES ARE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE UNTIL THEY’RE NOT

Scott Adams, the creator of the popular comic strip ‘Dilbert,’ defended getting vaccinated against Covid because he believes in science. Apparently the cartoonist and self-proclaimed hypnotist was himself hypnotized by the legacy media and corrupt medical experts such as Fauci. They convinced him to get the jabs. Had he carried out any kind of independent research, he might have made a smarter decision.

I didn’t know any of this since I no longer follow Adams, and he blocked GrrrGraphics on his twitter feed back in 2019, but I came across a disturbing video that he posted on YouTube. He may be experiencing some injection remorse, but his pride will not let him admit it. Not completely. He begrudgingly said we anti-vax types may be right, but we were right ‘accidentally’ and we’re still stupid compared to him. Fine—that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it.

What disturbed me most was watching him launch into a blistering, purple-faced tirade while using extremely foul language—just because some woman on the streaming comment section questioned his wisdom for getting the experimental and grossly under-tested mRNA pokes. He called the woman the ‘C’ word and insulted her husband and family. It was grotesque to hear him say these things and I will not repost his words here.

Then he seemed to collect himself and I even thought he would apologize to the lady and his audience, but no. He seem to take satisfaction with his foul-mouthed performance. He said it would cost him about $1,000 because YouTube would no doubt demonetize his segment, but he said it was ‘worth it.’ At this point the little respect I had for Adams plummeted. Does he have any idea how many conservatives have been demonetized then banned completely from social media just because they did their research and were trying to tell the truth about the vaccines? Isn’t it telling that Adams was thinking at that moment not of the health or free speech of others but rather the money he might lose? Adams is a millionaire fifty times over and he’s married to a supermodel half his age, yet THAT was his concern? Dogbert would not approve.

4chan’s ‘/pol’ promptly raked Adams through the coals and I know what that’s like, but Adams truly deserved their rebuke. Adams fancies himself a man of brilliance, but he failed to do his homework on the Covid vaccines, which are neither safe nor effective. They are killing a great many.

I’m three months older than Adams, but this isn’t a Boomer thing. It’s a vax cult vs. vax freedom and we will probably see the divide widened still further as time goes on. The pro-vax camp tends to demonize the anti-vaxxers. Apparently their vaccines won’t work until everyone has had them.

I will never take the jabs and I have natural immunity, having had Covid last summer. Scott appears to be in good physical shape. With all his millions of dollars he can certainly afford to got to the gym and work on his tan. That’s great. He could easily survive Covid like I did, but he instead chose to get dangerous substances jammed into his arm. Good luck with that, decision, Scott. I think we should have the freedom of choice and once we relinquish that the totalitarians will control our health for us. I want the final say about what goes into my body, but people such as Fauci and Gates want to make that decision for us.

If Adams is truly are as smart as he says he is, he will admit he made a mistake. Oh—and have more respect for women. C’mon, man…apologize.

— Ben Garrison

his response
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1483207628255744000?s=20&t=8-k5psqavtO3zt9ZgpIADQ

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

If Scott Adams had sense (and wasnt a boring nerd) he'd have replied with a cum edit

nashona
May 8, 2014

I've always thought this dilbert needed a cum edit

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Having to do the Weekly Megadose version of It Could Happen Here, and all the proper names are being bleeped out of the Products'n'Services (tm) segues. Was it like that during the daily episodes? Who finally complained?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bleeping the Products and Services that let you fly to an island to hunt a child is a 2022 Robert Evans staple

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
So it was Washington State Highway Patrol, gotcha.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

After The War posted:

So it was Washington State Highway Patrol, gotcha.

No it was clearly Blue Apron taking offence at Robert revealing their child hunt island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nashona
May 8, 2014

I thought it was Hello Fresh.

I do find the ads for gunbroker.com a bit disconcerting.