Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cessna posted:

A C-172 vs. two F-15s.

Seems fair.

Just put it in slow flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Animal posted:

e.pilot for sure knows

hey

gently caress you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY-pdk_FWh0

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:drat:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

FXX had a Simpsons marathon with militaryish episodes for Memorial Day and this was one of them.

So I knew right away too.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Has anyone actually ever gone to Raleigh-Durham on purpose?

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Some people actually have to live there.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

MrYenko posted:

I’ll fight you

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MrYenko posted:

My first ever flight instructing job was at RDU.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

MrYenko posted:

Note the the giant gulf in meaning between "on purpose" and "willingly." Then the much wider gulf between "willingly" and "eagerly."

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I like Durham :colbert:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Animal posted:

I like Durham :colbert:

What about Raleigh tho

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

MrChips posted:

What about Raleigh tho

It's fine

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It’s better than CLT. I’m paying like 1700/mo for an apartment in the least cultured city in history.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I like the area enough that if there were to be some airline base there, I’d target it to live there. Alas, there isn’t. Charlotte is the other option in my mind but somebody decided not to call me :mad:

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

MrChips posted:

What about Raleigh tho

I said what I said.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
The only redeeming thing about CLT is if you have enough time on a layover to get Bojangles

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

e.pilot posted:

The only redeeming thing about CLT is if you have enough time on a layover to get Bojangles

Maybe you mean just the terminal, but if youre talking about the city this is one if the worst opinions ive ever encountered 😂

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

You have made a powerful enemy today, greasyhands

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I have a Bo on the way to the airport, downing a Cajun filet biscuit while doing a walk around is how god intended it.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Rolo posted:

It’s better than CLT. I’m paying like 1700/mo for an apartment in the least cultured city in history.

The excitement of the Billy Graham museum worn off?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

greasyhands posted:

Maybe you mean just the terminal, but if youre talking about the city this is one if the worst opinions ive ever encountered 😂

Why would you ever leave the terminal, gross.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Rolo posted:

Dude I could have rented you a drat house for less than that.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TBF the Billy Graham museum is pretty fascinating as a temple to the art of carnival barking. They don't understand how much they let the mask slip, it's almost end of Wizard of Oz tier

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Sometimes when I’m having a bad day in Charlotte I drive by that big beautiful library and just think oh well at least I’m not underground dead like that Billy Graham bitch.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
my chud cousin moved to charlotte, gave his first baby a stupid fuckin name, and instagrams from bougie looking restaurants all the time, so i assume charlotte is like all the soulless new-money places around where i live

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

mactheknife posted:

my chud cousin moved to charlotte, gave his first baby a stupid fuckin name, and instagrams from bougie looking restaurants all the time, so i assume charlotte is like all the soulless new-money places around where i live

Awww man don’t hate a place cause you hate your cousin. Charlottes not my ideal place to live at all but man, what isn’t a soulless place to live? I’ve conditioned myself/my wife by living in some of the worst places known to man (ie Jacksonville, NC) so any airline base is super attractive.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

mactheknife posted:

We have bougie restaurants now? Neat!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
E: n/m

Rolo fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 10, 2022

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Warbird posted:

We have bougie restaurants now? Neat!

they look great tbh but also very much not places i'd ever feel comfortable at

here's an actual aviation question, sort of - planning a trip overseas and a lot of flights i'm looking at connect in charlotte as it's one of the four airports my local flies to. better/worse than atlanta/dfw/houston?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ATL, CLT, DFW.

Carolina BBQ at CLT is some good eatin'. :colbert:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

mactheknife posted:

here's an actual aviation question, sort of - planning a trip overseas and a lot of flights i'm looking at connect in charlotte as it's one of the four airports my local flies to. better/worse than atlanta/dfw/houston?

Depends on how you define better or worse. ATL is the easiest the get around due to trains but is also the most crowded. Charlotte doesn’t have mass transit around beyond people movers but isn’t particularly large and can be gotten around fairly easily; also the atrium is cool. Houston has a neat sky train deal iirc (and one in the basement made by Disney engineers), but then you have to be in Texas. Land of contrasts and so forth.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
I'd pick ATL or CLT. ATL is crowded but gigantic with lots of places to eat. The train gets you around quick so the size isn't a problem. CLT is much smaller, but changing terminals (likely) can feel like hoofing it to another zipcode.

I'd pick CLT because I've connected through there a lot so I know where to grab a beer and some Bojangles, Smash Burger, or Shack Shack. Catch the Itis for the next flight.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Thanks all - noted for sure. Local airport flies to Houston, Dallas, Charlotte, Atlanta, Memphis and Charlotte is the only one I hadn't connected from yet just because I'd never flown in that general direction. Value this input.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Many would argue visiting Charlotte and never leaving the airport is the optimal way to visit the city. :v:

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

mactheknife posted:

It depends very much on where you want to go. Come visit us in the Finding Cheap Airfare thread and we'll get all nerdy about this stuff.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Carolina BBQ at CLT is some good eatin'. :colbert:

It is very much not and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Warbird posted:

Many would argue visiting Charlotte and never leaving the airport is the optimal way to visit the city. :v:

The six years I spent in Charlotte confirm this.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Beef Of Ages posted:

It depends very much on where you want to go. Come visit us in the Finding Cheap Airfare thread and we'll get all nerdy about this stuff.

i've got that one bookmarked, and prices are more or less the same for all of them (for now) so i was kind of looking at what airport is the least terrible to spend a few hours in

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Warbird posted:

facts

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Best ways to visit Charlotte:

1) drive through it to get to Carrowinds
2) stop before it to go to IKEA
3) be hit by a banker bro truck
4) visit Charlotte

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

dupersaurus posted:

Best ways to visit Charlotte:

1) don’t

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

:hmmyes: