Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Flexa deez balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
It sounds a bit like the end goal of flexa is to remove crypto from the equation and just use actual money

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Our new FLEXYA system consolidates GAS fees, FLEXYA fees, and fees to generate giftcards for use in real world businesses, as well as consolidates taxes on your staked income.

Your burrito is ready, that will be 200 USD. Oh sorry I mean 20 FLEXYA BOOYA BUCKS.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i am begging you guys to stop posting about flexa and read the link in mimesweeper's post

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i am begging you guys to stop posting about flexa and read the link in mimesweeper's post

I think you got fishing attacked, flexa isn't a thing. only FLEXYA BOOYA DOLLARS are real.

SEE YOU ON TEH DISCORD TO THE MOON

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

maybe I'm a bit thick but how is that easier than using a credit card either directly or linked to some pay app

disclaimer i didn't ready any of that poo poo up above because i'm way tired and in a timezone +8 my usual and trying to move onto a night shift for work at sea just as I was recovering from jet lag and also I drank a bottle of sparkling wine at breakfast and am kinda just generally out of it at the moment, but like, it's not just me right? crypto is still just fake money but stupider, correct?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Ah yes the trusted Gemini exchange currently being sued by financial regulators for fraud

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

maybe I'm a bit thick but how is that easier than using a credit card either directly or linked to some pay app

it's not

that's why crypto bros are a loving joke.

but they'll never admit they've been mega scammed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

disclaimer i didn't ready any of that poo poo up above because i'm way tired and in a timezone +8 my usual and trying to move onto a night shift for work at sea just as I was recovering from jet lag and also I drank a bottle of sparkling wine at breakfast and am kinda just generally out of it at the moment, but like, it's not just me right? crypto is still just fake money but stupider, correct?

Its a significantly more difficult way to pay that promises consumers a better return* on stuff bought at two stores. The end goal is to do the exact same thing you do now, but with speculative intermediary units because both sides of the transaction want a chance to gently caress over the other with changing value. The service that provides this merely wants to replace transaction service provides and doesn't care what poo poo rear end system it invents to let it have a chance.

*Return fluctuates so you know, theory here

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Imagine an old west wildcat bank + gold mine claim. You're a prospector. Your claim just got jumped by Hurst's men. They have your gold mine and your apes. You've got nothing, and no rights to get something back. And the bank just closed after a run. But you feel rich in spirit.

THAT'S BITCOIN

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My wife has like a dozen restaurant specific apps on her phone that heavily reward you for using the app to place orders, give app exclusive coupons, etc. She’s always telling me about how she got a free coffee or breakfast sandwich or sometimes like whole meals for her birthday. All of this at no cost and at 1:1 United States dollars. Except sometimes during promotions where you can get BETTER than 1:1 if you purchase a certain amount of Tropical Smoothie bucks or whatever (around the holidays for example).

So anyway how do I convince her to stop doing this and start using crypto instead?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

fullroundaction posted:

So anyway how do I convince her to stop doing this and start using crypto instead?

Women are full of FUD

Empty your joint account into the dip

Women don't understand investing

Crypto isn't a loser cult for incel dipshits, it's a winners cult full of diamond hands dipshits

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

priznat posted:

It’s all purely theoretical because this poo poo will never ever happen. Outside of dumb tchotchkes like the ubisoft crap no decent game studio is going to touch this stuff. Especially not if it is expected to have assets that work with other game companies’ games.

Heh, there are buttloads of crypto bullshit at all the game developer conferences these days, sponsored by who-knows-who. Seems to me it's currently mostly used to instill dollar signs in the eyes of greedy players rather than investors, who instead get the dollar signs eyes from lootboxes or whatever is the latest dumbass game poo poo.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

LifeSunDeath posted:

Women are full of FUD

Empty your joint account into the dip

Women don't understand investing

Crypto isn't a loser cult for incel dipshits, it's a winners cult full of diamond hands dipshits

She grabbed her crotch, told me to “buy this dip”, and then slapped me so hard my glasses shattered across the room.

She just. Doesn’t. Get it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

*Backyard BBQ*

"Yeah Diamond Hands Jerry over there wasted our loving savings on creepto dollars, RIGHT JERRY?!"

*Wife throws football in perfect spiral temporarily blotting out the sun, arching back down like a Ukrainian drone guided artillery shell, making precision contact with the back of Jerry's head causing his face to slam forward into his margarita glass, everyone starts laughing loving hard. Blood is everywhere."

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Flexa these loving nuts bitch!!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Curious. People who aren’t balls deep into my bullshit are able to spot it’s all a massive scam. How strange.

https://twitter.com/sriramk/status/1533992409494802432

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

smellmycheese posted:

Curious. People who aren’t balls deep into my bullshit are able to spot it’s all a massive scam. How strange.

https://twitter.com/sriramk/status/1533992409494802432
The rise of a thing that had been happening since day 1

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"The only person who you should trust is the one who's staked his livelihood on selling you the product," says the oblivious idiot.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The Flexa whitepaper was a good read. It crucifies conventional payment processors and paints Flexa as the savior. But it seems its primary purpose is to generate profit for the wallets that stake the intermediary coin. Mass adoption would require a significant expansion of the staking pool lest it run empty. And what's the backup plan in case the staking pool runs dry? The whitepaper doesn't go into it. I assume a complete collapse of the network.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Fattest PI posted:

I did a complicated computer math thing technical analysis of bitcoin's price, and here's why it's going to the moon for real this time

Now do buttcoin.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mooey Cow posted:

Heh, there are buttloads of crypto bullshit at all the game developer conferences these days, sponsored by who-knows-who. Seems to me it's currently mostly used to instill dollar signs in the eyes of greedy players rather than investors, who instead get the dollar signs eyes from lootboxes or whatever is the latest dumbass game poo poo.

If anything it's aimed at the types who don't play games because they can't pay 2 win, or are massive mobile game whales.

I'm still surprised Star Citizen hasn't gotten crypto involved yet. I'm sure some of the backers are demanding it.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
I like to be able to buy burrito without a smart phone

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Whoa I can get a discount on chipotle if I use crypto?

I can’t afford to not buy an over priced burrito.

I am losing money right now!

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

The proofs in the pudding. Guy's gotta post a snippet of something legit before I'd take him seriously.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Vashro posted:

I like to be able to buy burrito without a smart phone
I like to be able to buy burrito with my phone.

Which is why I use Google Pay, not crypto lol.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

cryptos bros will never gently caress

my virginity is an nft

please someone steal it :(

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I work for a fairly boring enterprise company and 3 of my teammates left for crypto companies over the last 6 months and I sometimes wonder how they're doing. None of them seemed like true believers when they left, but who knows now.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Some absolute maniacs in this. Incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnN_GEFubAo

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

Now do buttcoin.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Woah
That is cool as gently caress

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Early concepts for the Fingers in Elden Ring looking pretty rough.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If anything it's aimed at the types who don't play games because they can't pay 2 win, or are massive mobile game whales.

I'm still surprised Star Citizen hasn't gotten crypto involved yet. I'm sure some of the backers are demanding it.

The codeword they use is "play to earn", not sure who it's really supposed to appeal to, except maybe those people that clicked the "get paid to surf the internet" ads way back when.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I'm not clicking a link that obviously baity

you can go visit the virus-infested page and repost whatever bullshit that guy made up for us

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Main Paineframe posted:

you can go visit the virus-infested page and repost whatever bullshit that guy made up for us

same

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Oh man I hope that Telegram stuff just turns into a conveyor belt into federal prison.

Also lol for-loving-ever at "play to earn." gently caress. OFF.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

this is too long, could you do me a favour and summarise in bullet points why people should use this over the current system. I'm going to have to ask you to leave out "is generally faster" and "immune to phishing/skimming attacks" because they're lies.

because i've hampered you a bit there I will help you out and give you one to start you off:

• "people should use it because it's a pyramid i'm currently at the top of and have a vested interest in succeeding"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Looks like stdh to me. I want to believe and all, but without proof it's just a creative writing exercise.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

It’s just the Twitter thread in paragraph form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

SettingSun posted:

But it seems its primary purpose is to generate profit for the wallets that stake the intermediary coin.

"It's exactly like how you currently pay for things, only with this way I make money off it!"