Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yo, there's some loving good coaches out there. Who hires Babcock?

Pierre Lebrun's last article about coaches said he doubts anyone would hire him which is pretty telling considering he also was stumping for Quennville getting hired this offseason in the same article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Top 6 is some order of Wright, Slafovsky, Cooley, Savoir, Nemic and Jiracek

Flyers have to get one of them unless they go totally noff board

Flyers will probably have a shot a Nemec or Jiricek who both seem pretty good (and are both RHS) -- seems like a good add for them. York could be a solid top four guy but adding a top two projected RHS would be great for them.

The wrinkle in this is if the Devils pick a d-man or Cooley. I'm not sure what Arizona or Seattle does in that situation. That's probably the most likely way for Slafkovsky to fall to them (I really doubt the Habs move away from Wright but who knows).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 7, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Devils don't take Slafkovsky, I won't be happy...

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
As a Sens fan looking and getting hyped at top-10 picks will just hurt me more when they draft some character winger slated to go in the late 40’s

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
who is arrested two days later

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

As a Sens fan looking and getting hyped at top-10 picks will just hurt me more when they draft some character winger slated to go in the late 40’s

They are definitely going to draft someone who is later revealed to have been a part of the January 6th insurrection attempt.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the oilers are BACK in the offseason thread

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
hello oilers fans

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ken Holland winless past the second round in 13 years, you hate/love to see it.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leon and Nurse gonna be out til like February, McDavid takes the season off to chill the gently caress out, Oilers stink, Holland fired, win the draft lottery and we all party.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao yes Oilers are just oooone more first overall away

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Hmmm.

Liked this run.

Looking forward to another offseason of Holland being semi - inadequate?

Can we have a goalie now?..

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:popeye:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gotta hand it to the Oilers, that Calgary series was fun.

Also what a run by Draisaitl

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

They didn't manage to get super swept last year, but can the Oilers pull off a sweep cycle in the next two years?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Honestly after 15 years of hopelessness, the Oilers were fun all year and the playoffs were fun up until the last few games. Its hard to be upset unless you're a lunatic.

Ideally:
Keith retires, but he won't.
Holland trades Kassian + Barrie to clear cap space and the Oilers bring in a Kane type player without it being Evander Kane.
Broberg seems ready and there's a good group in Holloway/Savoie/Petrov/Bourgault to fill out the middle 6 over the next year and a half.
Kuzmenko signing as was rumoured would be huge.
The goaltending is probably Smith/Skinner next year but there's not really someone to break the bank over unless they can trade for Lehner.

Draisaitl and Nurse and Puljajarvi need to get healthy but there's hope?? Maybe???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Holland trades Kassian + Barrie to clear cap space

Did you say extension and NMC?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Draisaitl and Nurse and Puljajarvi need to get healthy but there's hope?? Maybe???

Nurse is almost a Seth Jones level disaster. Same for the contract. Upgrading on Ceci would also help.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nurse is a good player that's been playing with a torn hip flexor for 2 months.

He's not worth his contract but he's still a 6 million dollar d-man. He's overpaid and not a number 1, but still a top pairing guy.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Nurse is a good player that's been playing with a torn hip flexor for 2 months.

He's not worth his contract but he's still a 6 million dollar d-man. He's overpaid and not a number 1, but still a top pairing guy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/status/1534017987153276929

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Happened against Colorado with 5 games left, so 6 weeks, not two months.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/mostlyleafies/status/1534013481908854784?t=MM7bKlaSQjI_iAto_LVVsw&s=19

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

pseudodragon posted:

I thought Hall of Fame was a pretty lofty goal, but it seems like a reasonable expectation although it's not a lock. Looking at the 20 picks between Thornton and Matthews (teams sucked at drafting before that and everyone after Matthews is too early in their careers), there's probably going to be somewhere between 8-14 so it's right about a 50-50 bet.

Locks:
1: Thornton
2: Ovie
3: Sid
4: Kane
5: Stamkos

Will be there unless they implode, or possibly even if they do
6: McKinnon
7: McDavid
8: Matthews

Who the gently caress knows
9: Kovalchuk - Hall of Fame talent, would be in the locks category if he was in the league the whole time
10: Fleury

Need a late kick
11: Tavares - If he breaks the curse, he narratives his way in
12: Eklbad - Showing he is a top guy, but he needs a couple full years without getting hurt

Borderline guys
13: Lecavalier
14: Nash - started his career in the "unless they implode category"

Probably not, but still decent players
15: Hall
16: RNH

Lol
17-20: Stefan, DiPietro, Erik Johnson, Yakupov

You could argue Daniel Sedin was the real 1OA, not Stefan; Vancouver and Atlanta swapping picks was merely a matter of convenience.

:discourse:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Oilers got swept but I felt like they could have just as easily pushed it to 7 with a few different bounces. Fun series, for a sweep.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I felt like they could have just as easily pushed it to 7 with a few different bounces.

Yeah they were lucky to only give up six last night

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://www.tsn.ca/1.1809618

Habs hire Marie-Philippe Poulin as a consultant.

I'm sure there's a Logan Mailloux chirp here somewhere but its too early for my brain to work

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Oilers got swept but I felt like they could have just as easily pushed it to 7 with a few different bounces. Fun series, for a sweep.

Live by chaos die by chaos

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

stab posted:

https://www.tsn.ca/1.1809618

Habs hire Marie-Philippe Poulin as a consultant.

I'm sure there's a Logan Mailloux chirp here somewhere but its too early for my brain to work

They should hire her to be their first line center (this is still cool).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jamwad Hilder posted:

If you can prove you have a tenuous connection to Massachusetts they'll tack on another 100k. 50k for New England at large.

Tor-tor-el-la (clap clap clapclapclap)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

We're also in a run of weaker first OAs.

Hischier/Dahlin/Hughes/Lafreniere/Power/Wright

All of those guys should end up as top liners in their respective roles but it's hard to project any of them as Franchise players. Maybe Hughes if he doesn't break or Dahlin/Power as d-men, especially big d-men, seem to come into their own a little later.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

T-Bone posted:

We're also in a run of weaker first OAs.

Hischier/Dahlin/Hughes/Lafreniere/Power/Wright

All of those guys should end up as top liners in their respective roles but it's hard to project any of them as Franchise players. Maybe Hughes if he doesn't break or Dahlin/Power as d-men, especially big d-men, seem to come into their own a little later.

This also makes things a lot easier you're to swallow when you're the Red Wings and not winning the lottery.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Pronman with a new mock draft. Only one "surprise" pick near the top, which is Philly taking Cutter Gauthier at #5 (with Jiricek still on the board).

While this would be funny, it does seem like Gauthier's stock is rising all the sudden.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Bruins might trade Pastrnak!

Red Wings to the playoffs soon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The actual comment was if Pastrnak isn't willing to sign an extension they will look to trade him.

Aka their literal only other option in that situation.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
They would be insane to trade Pastrnak. Give him all the money he wants IMO. Even if the team is bad for a few years, a core of McAvoy/Pastrnak/Swayman is solid. There's also basically zero chance you get equal value for Pasta. He's one of the best goal scorers on the planet. Unless things get ugly and Pastrnak makes it clear he wants out, they should not even entertain a trade.

Fluto and some of the fans have been banging the "Pastrnak might be traded" drum though and I think it's stupid.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

N: Jack Roslovic gets a two year extension with Columbus, $4M AAV. Seems like it could be a steal for a top 6 center if he continues to perform.

V: That's cool, now do Laine.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Trading Pastrnak, firing a good coach, Bergeron retiring maybe.

Bruins going all in on the Bedard tank?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I wonder if the Devils would give them 2 for Pastrnak.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

I wonder if the Devils would give them 2 for Pastrnak.

That's honestly debatably worth it if you could get Pastrnak extended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ginette Reno posted:

That's honestly debatably worth it if you could get Pastrnak extended.

... debatably? What's the debate?