Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

other than the bit about taking your orb to another game, this sounds indistinguishable from every mmo in existence

gently caress, who let the ORB into the digital realm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Endless Mike posted:

other than the bit about taking your orb to another game, this sounds indistinguishable from every mmo in existence

also a lot of this "cross game" progress can already be done and has been done albeit at smaller scales

lmao if they think every publisher and developer is going to sing kumbaya and use a univeral ledger instead of each publisher creating their own chain to keep players in their ecosystem due to sunk cost.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Shadownerd posted:

Hi I’m usually more of a lurker and not a computer toucher, I just like this version of the Bitcoin thread, but uh, do you think this is gonna be something interesting?

https://twitter.com/adyingnobody/status/1534021154674966529?s=21&t=U_-gqKWxiByVa8xE-T4ELg

Sorry don’t know how to embed Twitter links on mobile.

people with legit, impactful, secret news that are on their death bed generally don’t tease releases out over a month’s time. if this stuff is so important that it will rock crypto to its core either you just release it and put a torrent out or pass it off to a news org who can disseminate and report on it.

this person is trying to make their own news.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

jisforjosh posted:

lmao if they think every publisher and developer is going to sing kumbaya and use a univeral ledger instead of each publisher creating their own chain to keep players in their ecosystem due to sunk cost.

There's a delightful ouroboros of NFT feature sets being 'inspired' by MMOs leading to a fantasy of blockchain boosters imagining one day games will implement these features BUT ON THE BLOCKCHAIN.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

jisforjosh posted:

also a lot of this "cross game" progress can already be done and has been done albeit at smaller scales

Beyond that, you'd have to create art assets for every loving game to have a Slurp Juice or two to use on an Ape. Even if it's algoart, it's still going to take resources away from the real moneymaker: Nickle and dime DLCs.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Some absolute maniacs in this. Incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnN_GEFubAo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm not gonna read the Bitcoin Deadman package, but I will definitely read someone reading those paper

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

i'm the green one doing a big piss

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shadownerd posted:

Hi I’m usually more of a lurker and not a computer toucher, I just like this version of the Bitcoin thread, but uh, do you think this is gonna be something interesting?

https://twitter.com/adyingnobody/status/1534021154674966529?s=21&t=U_-gqKWxiByVa8xE-T4ELg

Sorry don’t know how to embed Twitter links on mobile.

i believe, friend. it'll be interesting at least

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

people with legit, impactful, secret news that are on their death bed generally don’t tease releases out over a month’s time. if this stuff is so important that it will rock crypto to its core either you just release it and put a torrent out or pass it off to a news org who can disseminate and report on it.

this person is trying to make their own news.

yes but consider this: libertarian Bitcoiners believe they are masters of the universe and anything they do is worthwhile

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Adolf Glitter posted:

i'm the green one doing a big piss

yeah but enough about your yosposting

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Shageletic posted:

surprised you're not all talking about tether getting got

https://twitter.com/cooperlund/status/1533987960709861382

lol 100 percent deposited ratio for stablecoins loooool

it is dumb that stablecoins should continue to exist, but if they are going to be permitted to exist, this is a good thing and the minimum that should be done about them, so I hope this is real. the last screenshot on that tweet also establishes "and 100% must be in good liquid assets, and we mean good poo poo like dollars and t-bills, not sketchy loans and other buttcoins"

"but you don't require banks to maintain a 100% reserve ratio abloobloobloo" they will cry, to which we say, yes, correct, and they also are not allowed to trade fractional shares in their customers' deposit accounts on public exchanges, now are they. if you wanna have freely-tradable shares in a fractional reserve bank, the paperwork to register your securities with the SEC is just a quick google search away

Blotto_Otter fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 7, 2022

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

everything traded as an etf or similar divulges all their assets to the penny, and makes it freely available and will even loving mail you a paper prospectus with a detailed breakdown of the assets you are in essence purchasing if requested or even if you don't request it and brought a share for your ira.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
:c00lbutt:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yet another case of big government trying to stifle innovation into new kinds of financial fraud

disgusting

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Blotto_Otter posted:

"but you don't require banks to maintain a 100% reserve ratio abloobloobloo" they will cry, to which we say, yes, correct, and they also are not allowed to trade fractional shares in their customers' deposit accounts on public exchanges, now are they. if you wanna have freely-tradable shares in a fractional reserve bank, the paperwork to register your securities with the SEC is just a quick google search away

also, 100% reserve cover actually IS required for non-bank financial institutions like payment processors in most jurisdictions. and even payment processors that have bank licenses will still maintain 100% reserve because they actually make money on fees, it's reassuring to their users (the merchants), and they don't want to extend their activities to mortgage lending or whatever

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
God I hope tether pulls the rug and people keep pretending it's still 1 USDT = 1 USD while the rats flee the ship.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

ultrafilter posted:

Boris Vagner

close to bruce wagner, coincidence?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i can't help but imagine it's the same guy, but with a fake mustache and with a thick european accent

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/RiggsBTC/status/1533950253107449856

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

good thing there hasn't been a war since bitcoin was discovered

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
mutually assured destruction, on the blockchain

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Boxturret posted:

good thing there hasn't been a war since bitcoin was discovered
lol

https://twitter.com/RiggsBTC/status/1534220068690731010?s=20&t=V81IkwnnkAKVbEgYu5vLqA

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
if global thermonuclear war is what it takes to stop bitcoin and cryptobros, then so be it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
bomb one warehouse in texas and whoops 70% of the hashpower and the top "3" mining pools all went offline at once!!

bitcoin is decentralized though

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

if global thermonuclear war is what it takes to stop bitcoin and cryptobros, then so be it
ethereum switching to Poof of States

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

obviously i aint reading that but are they claiming that economies wouldn't be harmed by war if all transactions were on the blockchain? have we transcended "bitcoin can replace currency" and made it all the way to "bitcoin can replace the material economy?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

obviously i aint reading that but are they claiming that economies wouldn't be harmed by war if all transactions were on the blockchain? have we transcended "bitcoin can replace currency" and made it all the way to "bitcoin can replace the material economy?"

you, a foolish imperialist nation: building bombs and planes and guns and boats

me, an intelligent imperialist nation: building bombs and planes and guns and boats on the blockchain

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Truman Peyote posted:

nah, they're claiming that countries won't need to demonstrate their power by blowing up other countries, because they could instead demonstrate their power by showing off how much mining power they have, therefore establishing which countries are stronger and weaker without any actual violence

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

imagine that episode of TOS where computers simulated wars, but people still had to die so if their simulated building was hit by a simulated missile they all had to proceed to the nearest suicide booth, BUT WITH NFTS!

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

nah, they're claiming that countries won't need to demonstrate their power by blowing up other countries, because they could instead demonstrate their power by showing off how much mining power they have, therefore establishing which countries are stronger and weaker without any actual violence

lmao. i have to admit that this is less stupid than my first interpretation, even though it is basically a 5 year old's proposal for world peace

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shageletic posted:

surprised you're not all talking about tether getting got

https://twitter.com/cooperlund/status/1533987960709861382

lol 100 percent deposited ratio for stablecoins loooool

e: nevermind, didn't refresh in a while apparently

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 7, 2022

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Truman Peyote posted:

obviously i aint reading that

you should imo. it's p funny

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Truman Peyote posted:

lmao. i have to admit that this is less stupid than my first interpretation, even though it is basically a 5 year old's proposal for world peace

robot jox, but entirely earnest and also horribly boring

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
isnt this how henry kissinger got started

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

infernal machines posted:

mutually assured destruction, on the blockchain

mutually assured depegging

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Zamujasa posted:

mutually assured depegging

mutually assured deep pegging?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
is crypto to the current world system what christianity was to the roman empire? cryptianity?