Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Chronomancers are unreliable, all priests all the time in the hospital. Resurrection and curing luci addiction. Add a nice combat druid and healing is suddenly an afterthought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It isn't the deaths from demons thats annoying. Its the volume of stuff you'll need to rebuild because they just leap around and do an AOE slam on landing every 10 seconds.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

If I had a nickel for every time a pawn stops work at a crafting bench with 1 work left on the unfinished item.

Then a hauler comes along to take the bit to stockpile.

At the same moment another pawn decides to work on that bill, finds no usable partial piece since it is reserved for hauling, and starts a new one. (this is with the "No Authors" mod, so any pawn can work on any unfinished item)

Well, I'd have several nickels, anyway. I should rejigger my bills for allowed crafters, I guess, rather than just throwing them at work.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Putting an 'unfinished' shelf by the workbench helps but maybe won't solve this, last colony i ended up with half-finished copies of books all over until I rounded them all up near the writing bench.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Can't you just disallow unfinished things in all your stockpiles? They won't haul it anywhere then.

Usually the issue with that is when a new author comes along and dumps the previous one on the floor and you have a whole mess of unfinished components or whatever all over the floor by the crafting bench, but that mod you mentioned seems like it would fix that issue. I hadn't heard of it and I'm actually kind of excited to use it! It'll make pumping out components a lot less messy.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Eiba posted:

Can't you just disallow unfinished things in all your stockpiles? They won't haul it anywhere then.

Usually the issue with that is when a new author comes along and dumps the previous one on the floor and you have a whole mess of unfinished components or whatever all over the floor by the crafting bench, but that mod you mentioned seems like it would fix that issue. I hadn't heard of it and I'm actually kind of excited to use it! It'll make pumping out components a lot less messy.

I should try the stockpile thing, just never bothered with it before. It gets annoying to scroll over and find 2 or 3 unfinished bionics but the bills are complete cause someone did it anyway. It's only really painful in the early 'scrabbling for components' phase, when I want to keep a spare set of flak on-hand for wear and tear without burning through all my components stockpile, yet they have an unfinished vest and pants sitting around the yard.

Here it is: No Job Authors. Its essential QoL, for me.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 7, 2022

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The hauling is irrelevant, if someone thinks they can do a job they'll just fling the unfinished item on the floor and proceed anyway.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
How does that mod handle the end product quality? Is it just based on whoever finished the product or does it average it out by everyone who worked on it?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Its whoever finishes it (as unfortunately noticeable when you get an inspiration just as your pawn is finishing a wooden stool or something)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm wanting two mods:

1. Reduce the tattered/ratty threshold to 30%/15%. I worked hard for that devilstrand, you are going to wear it for more than half of its life. (I can probably make this one myself if I can find where these values are defined).

2. Increase NPC faction interaction. I want tribals waging revenge campaigns against cannibal pirates and full map conflicts between the empire and mech hives. And I want quests recruiting soldiers for these events so I can participate.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

bees x1000 posted:

I'm wanting two mods:

1. Reduce the tattered/ratty threshold to 30%/15%. I worked hard for that devilstrand, you are going to wear it for more than half of its life. (I can probably make this one myself if I can find where these values are defined).

There's one that gets rid of it entirely, but then reading the comments on that I realized that's actually part of memes! So just mod your ideology to not care about tattered clothing. You can modify it after getting points by just running rituals and doing stuff in it. I get wanting to maintain it for some balance but it's also funny when your guys are in the middle of combat and you suddenly get "Urist Marine armor has fallen apart due to hitting 0 durability" (or whatever that error is). Well that guy's hosed!

Up to you, but completely off is balanced because of gear just vanishing.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
With the Ideology DLC you can do the first thing with the mod: Vanilla Ideology Expanded - Memes and Structures https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2636329500

Had my pirates who didn't care about tainted or tattered apparels.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

oh is that part of a mod? whoops I thought it was part of base Ideology!

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Thought the same, but since I had the game running I checked and the mouse-over told me I was wrong.

RULES OF NATURE!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

As much as it sucks losing their fingers to random injuries, I'm enjoying fitting my doctors out as front-line melee fighters. This gives them first dibs on jump packs and persona weapons with Fast-Mover, both of which have helped them save some downed pawns right in the nick of time.

Just imagine a paramedic dropping in with a jetpack to staunch your bleeding. gently caress yeah.

Also I had a Super Soldier drop in through a pod crash event. Too good to pass up, even though they're 77. I just have my Chronomancer hit them with Reverse Time before bed every night.

E: Okay a new favorite pass-time is using the jump packs to pounce on retreating raiders like an avenging angel and pummel their power armored folks with my zeushammers, hoping to down them so I can strip some useful armor off. "Oh you have an assault rifle? *jetpacks with malicious intent*"

Arrath fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 8, 2022

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

pixaal posted:

There's one that gets rid of it entirely, but then reading the comments on that I realized that's actually part of memes! So just mod your ideology to not care about tattered clothing. You can modify it after getting points by just running rituals and doing stuff in it. I get wanting to maintain it for some balance but it's also funny when your guys are in the middle of combat and you suddenly get "Urist Marine armor has fallen apart due to hitting 0 durability" (or whatever that error is). Well that guy's hosed!

Up to you, but completely off is balanced because of gear just vanishing.

You can get the repair items mod too, it's very balanced by default but you can configure it however you want.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sometimes I get pod crash survivors that just don't show up on my map? The "Jump to" button is grayed out, even. Last night I had it happen twice in a row, but 1 other crash survivors showed up just fine. Anyone else experience this?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

QuarkJets posted:

Sometimes I get pod crash survivors that just don't show up on my map? The "Jump to" button is grayed out, even. Last night I had it happen twice in a row, but 1 other crash survivors showed up just fine. Anyone else experience this?

That can happen if they died, check for a nearby full predator, yesterday I had a dude get eaten by a short-faced bear instantly

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I'm really digging the VFE: Pirates version of crash landed, I like it better than the standard version. You start with a lot less stuff but you get a turret, a power source, and a really big battery. On my first attempt the ship pieces crashed right into an ancient danger, thereby opening it lol

I don't care as much for the pirate storyteller, the curses aren't really balanced at all and a bunch of them are just kind of stupid bullshit.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The storytellers are mostly garbage, they are fun to use like disasters in Sim City 2k though. Just to switch things up. Don't forget you can change your storyteller midgame.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Is there a way (or mod) to make auto-slaughter pass-over more trained animals even if they're older?

Its kind of a hassle to maintained hauling trained animals while also breeding and slaughtering more.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Arrath posted:

Is there a way (or mod) to make auto-slaughter pass-over more trained animals even if they're older?

Its kind of a hassle to maintained hauling trained animals while also breeding and slaughtering more.

Colony Manager is great for this, I agree the basic animal manager (which is better than it was before, which was nothing) can be heavy handed.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2413039285

FINALLY

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm the raod

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
My kingdom for an update that allows mods to have a load order number and autosort which would cluster high impact mods to the top and etc.

It wouldn't be perfect but it would cut out a lot of tedium.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Rimpy does a pretty good job, and you can make custom rules for weighting if you always want something higher (or lower) whenever you use it

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Rimpy does the job.

Seen a mod yesterday, I had to try it.

Dumb hungry saiyans.

Muahaha!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope that mod changes the combat music to Rock the Dragon

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

cugel posted:

Rimpy does the job.

Dumb hungry saiyans.

Muahaha!

Okay I might need to try this, does it add Cha la Head Cha La to the jukebox?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Is the way those menu selections pop up in the middle of the screen mod-specific or something else?

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
No music sadly. They have a skill tree like a rimworld of magic.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Is the way those menu selections pop up in the middle of the screen mod-specific or something else?

Probably just mocked up for demonstration purposes.

cugel posted:

Rimpy does the job.

Muahaha!

Does the impact create a smokepop cloud, a happy thought for the attacker, then a negative one when the smoke clears and the target is standing there smirking with hardly a scratch?

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Ki beam is a big explosion; don't do it at close range.

Ki blast volley sets the target on fire.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Fuckin pawns. I wasted the time researching and building power showers and they keep using the tubs instead. Ungrateful, the lot of em!

E: Oh no, my two star artist who's only other notable quality was being a psycho pyromaniac caught a siegebreaker rocket which is noggin. Whatever will I do without them.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 9, 2022

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Jokes on you, they were the social lynchpin of your community and everyone's going to tantrum 24/7 from now on.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Which dev mode option will clear toxic fallout? I really don't feel like dealing with it right now.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
^ End current map conditon of whatever its called.

Getting pretty pissed off with how errors are reported in this game. I'm having an issue with pawns having a blank job, standing still and lagging the gently caress out of the game or otherwise breaking the UI and there's basically zero information on what the issue is.

The standard practice of culling mods until you find the culprit is a huge time sink with moderate to heavy mod loads, and I've already culled all mods that are likely to conflict (any mods that deal with job priority or delegation).

I think it has something to do with pawns being delegated duplicate tasks, but unsure.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

oh it's 'end game condition' which I hesitated to click because maybe it would, you know, end my game.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Telsa Cola posted:

^ End current map conditon of whatever its called.

Getting pretty pissed off with how errors are reported in this game. I'm having an issue with pawns having a blank job, standing still and lagging the gently caress out of the game or otherwise breaking the UI and there's basically zero information on what the issue is.

The standard practice of culling mods until you find the culprit is a huge time sink with moderate to heavy mod loads, and I've already culled all mods that are likely to conflict (any mods that deal with job priority or delegation).

I think it has something to do with pawns being delegated duplicate tasks, but unsure.

If it's not throwing an error in the log, your best bet is probably grabbing Performance Analyzer and seeing what's taking a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

isndl posted:

If it's not throwing an error in the log, your best bet is probably grabbing Performance Analyzer and seeing what's taking a long time.

It's throwing hundreds/thousands of errors involved in job giving,but the jobs in question are pretty ordinary such as construction or medical tending. The selected pawns activity line is blank, but there destination/attention/task line which connects them to their focus still exists.

I'm mostly screaming into the void here. But do appreciate the help. Ended up just using rimpy to try to deal with it semi manually.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 10, 2022