Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It is observable in every subculture that the further down a rabbit hole you are the more baffling your injokes and references will be to outsiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Why does Corny always have such a concerned expression on the South Park thumbnails?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
they're not even jokes its just the artist taking unrelated things corny says in a clip and combining them. like in that one he's saying McDonalds sells the most burgers but they're bad burgers as a way to say AEW being successful doesn't matter. So just throw Dave eating McDonalds on there.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

they're not even jokes its just the artist taking unrelated things corny says in a clip and combining them. like in that one he's saying McDonalds sells the most burgers but they're bad burgers as a way to say AEW being successful doesn't matter. So just throw Dave eating McDonalds on there.

Which is funny Becuase isn’t the anti AEW squads argument that they don’t make any money?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/moronpilled/status/1534239698603892736

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cagliostr0 posted:

In a way cornette is right that a 15 minute spot fest is unhealthy and lacks the artistry of a 3 hour long Kings road struggle but it tastes great and everyone can enjoy it so in closing gently caress off cornette give me my cheeseburgers.

No dont worry, he hates King's Road matches too because theyre japanese and "have no psychology"

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I've long accepted that Jim Cornette doesn't really like wrestling. But at this point talking about it pretending there's wrestling he likes (which isn't the kind he watches) is his bread and butter.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Cornette has shot himself into a work, he lives his gimmick and runs a heel podcast

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Deer are considered pests in a lot of places so this is an easy one, smdh

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I like how in Corncob canon Meltzer is some kind of iguana monster.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Has the trend of Corny loosing Patrons continued?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Majinfoose posted:

Has the trend of Corny loosing Patrons continued?

https://graphtreon.com/creator/Cornette

Yes, but not quickly enough

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LOWKVq5sQ

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MancXVI posted:

Cornette has shot himself into a work, he lives his gimmick and runs a heel podcast

And now The Great Brian Last has to just go along for the ride, except I don't think he cares too much.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/wrestletracker1/status/1545051314627162112

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

corny got an hour out of like 2 minutes of kenny omega talking casually on a twitch stream and they're by far his most popular videos in a long time. some of the most unhinged comments about how obsessed kenny is with cornette, when jim talks about kenny almost weekly despite not being on TV in over 6 months. ironically one of the comments they covered is kenny saying jim has to talk about him to stay relevant.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Good to see King Diamond got invited to the hot tub

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

http://www.c-o-r-n.net/

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Yum!

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!
Did Cornette say anything about the Young Bucks match at Forbidden Door? The back rake sequence seemed like it was designed just to make him mad.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nobody knows because nobody listens to him anymore

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
In that Omega rant, Corny states he has the most popular wrestling podcast/commentary show, period. Is that true? If it is, that's pretty impressive, regardless of how you feel about him.

He also sort of has a point in that same clip about wrestling dwindling down in popularity, but I think he's off base blaming Kenny and AEW for chasing off the "true" wrestling fan. The real culprit is media fragmentation and a wide gamut of entertainment options overall. You could have Stone Cold and The Rock on in their prime every single night on Smackdown and maybe you'd get a 2.5 or a 3 million number instead of the 2ish one you get now. You wouldn't get near the numbers you used to in the AE, because there were no streaming services or social media or video games designed by organizational psychologists to be skinner boxes. You also were more motivated to tune in to the programs because The Rock and Austin didn't have a slew of supplemental content, social media, etc. in which they were overexposed for the sake of DrIvInG eNgAgEmEnT.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bloodysabbath posted:

In that Omega rant, Corny states he has the most popular wrestling podcast/commentary show, period. Is that true? If it is, that's pretty impressive, regardless of how you feel about him.

He also sort of has a point in that same clip about wrestling dwindling down in popularity, but I think he's off base blaming Kenny and AEW for chasing off the "true" wrestling fan. The real culprit is media fragmentation and a wide gamut of entertainment options overall. You could have Stone Cold and The Rock on in their prime every single night on Smackdown and maybe you'd get a 2.5 or a 3 million number instead of the 2ish one you get now. You wouldn't get near the numbers you used to in the AE, because there were no streaming services or social media or video games designed by organizational psychologists to be skinner boxes. You also were more motivated to tune in to the programs because The Rock and Austin didn't have a slew of supplemental content, social media, etc. in which they were overexposed for the sake of DrIvInG eNgAgEmEnT.

It's not true.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I don't even know if Cornette is in the top ten anymore.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Someone stopped by me at traffic lights and I could see on their media display they were listening to Cornette. The only wrestling podcast I've seen anyone listen to in public so that's a win.

He can't be that popular but I wonder about people tuning in to hear about how poo poo Kenny Omega is every week. If I listen to a podcast about how WWE is poo poo, at least I was once very invested in that product so I have a connection to it. How much do people listen to Cornette talk about people they themselves never watch?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those are the only people who listen to him

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

bloodysabbath posted:

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You gotta hand it to Jim Cornette

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
You do not, under any circumstances, "Gotta hand it to Jim Cornette".

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

bloodysabbath posted:

I dunno where he stands in terms of listens/downloads, but if you go by patrons then lol.

https://twitter.com/TheSportatorium/status/1527370639736438786

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vandar posted:

I dunno where he stands in terms of listens/downloads, but if you go by patrons then lol.

Around the middle of the top 10 wrestling podcasts going by Apple.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Very weird that a carny would just tell lies like this

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bloodysabbath posted:

In that Omega rant, Corny states he has the most popular wrestling podcast/commentary show, period. Is that true?

I feel like the easiest answer in the world to that would be one of the wresting observer podcasts

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vandar posted:

Excited and hoping the day comes soon when goon Kim Justice pulls ahead of Corny.

bartok
May 10, 2006

keithy george posted:

Someone stopped by me at traffic lights and I could see on their media display they were listening to Cornette. The only wrestling podcast I've seen anyone listen to in public so that's a win.

He can't be that popular but I wonder about people tuning in to hear about how poo poo Kenny Omega is every week. If I listen to a podcast about how WWE is poo poo, at least I was once very invested in that product so I have a connection to it. How much do people listen to Cornette talk about people they themselves never watch?

Honestly the only podcast that wasn't Joe Rogan I've seen someone listen to in public is Deadlock. Those guys seem genuinely nice and have fun wrestling opinions for the most part.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've never seen someone listen to a podcast because it's impossible, podcasts are audio.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i can honestly say i've never looked into another car's window to see what they're listening to

what kind of behavior is that

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It warms my heart to know Danhausen has more than twice the Patreon subscribers of Cornette.

Ego getting close!

Edit: lol Russo currently has 532 and Cornette is down to 474.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 12, 2022

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mactheknife posted:

i can honestly say i've never looked into another car's window to see what they're listening to

Well when someone is waving a tennis racket in their car and frothing at the mouth, you tend to get curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

mactheknife posted:

Minding my own business then I see a giant glowing picture of Jim Cornette in front of me