Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I see two ways for D3 to go, unless night results change things around a lot, or we are really sure we'll nail scum.

1. Lunch the surv. She is not scum barring some amazing redirecting shenanigans, but if anybody could do that they'd have claimed.

Her dying will not end the game, but it will secure we don't risk a survivor siding with scum D4. We absolutely cannot mislunch D4, tho.

2. Lunch Lotus. Let them cop Sandwolf, as they said. If Lotus gets killed, Hal will receive the results, tell us, and then we kill Hal instead. Why? Because one way or the other, that way we know if Sand is scum or not.

If Lotus or Hal lie, it will not matter, because their only reason for lying would be that they are scum, and they'll die D3.

If Lotus or Hal tell the truth, and Sand is scum, D4 we lunch Sand. If he is innocent, D4 we lunch the other scummiest player we find. I'd put DB in there, but that's me.

If Lotus or Hal are blocked? Chop. I am rather sure the enforcer was what Lotus said, some kind of passive roleblocker/rolecophybrid. I don't think scum gets two blockers. If any of the town has a roleblock power, don't freaking target Lotus nor Hal. If anyone can redirect, time to claim that!!

This requires Maer to vote with us, and us to trust Maer. I'm sure she will volunteer, it's on us to trust her, or not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Yeah, 2 is a freaking Gnosia lies triangle, but it's the only way I see here. It does require us to have a core of town players, which IMO we have - Binus is town, I think Hal has a lot of chances to be town, and I think I've been rather clearly read as town all game, but I'll happily step in the ring if you all think I should be there. Maer is not town, it's on us to trust her or chop her.

People to be checked IMO here are Lotus (who would die whatever we do), Sand (who Lotus is checking), and DB (or Hal or me or whoever we agree to chance on D4 if everything goes sideways). As long as we can keep it to three choices, we can make it.

Assuming not a lot of people fall dead tonight, that is.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

If I am alive, I'd try 2. I think it's the path that allows us a clearer vision of the game, whatever the lunch and cop results are. But - survivor. If people want to go with 1 instead, I get it and won't argue against it.

Also just in case I am not alive: if multiple people die N3 and nobody claims to have done it, lunch Maer, FFS. That's a long shot but who knows.

And whatever else y'all do:

Do NOT feed, I mean visit, Maer!!
Do NOT roleblock the cop claim!!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Shellception posted:

This requires Maer to vote with us, and us to trust Maer. I'm sure she will volunteer, it's on us to trust her, or not!

I would hope this wouldn't be an issue. Whether it results in a town or scum win, she also wins so there's literally no point in not doing so. At this point, she only loses if she gets voted tomorrow, sure, but she also doesn't gain anything extra from agreeing and then betraying on D4.

...Y'know, I would hope.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Anyway, I'm fine with either. 1 removes the possibility of Maerlyn's claimed extra quirk giving her a reason to mess things up but leaves understandable doubt with my claimed result. 2 guarantees surety with the result but leaves Maerlyn open to do... I dunno, something and obstruct it.

It's easy enough for me to say that, sure, but also let's be real if I turned around and went "Ah but you see, I agreed to be votekilled so that proves I'm town. You can now let me live and trust me, actually" y'all would just vote me anyway (deservedly so). There's literally nothing to be gained from me not going along with either plan too.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm gonna throw now and cost town the game, rawr rawr rawr... Just kidding.

Letting me live would be nice. I was gonna say why not vote Sand if we get a result saying he's scum, but if Hal is scum he would know tpink visited me, but he wouldn't have known Nep did. I think he did state that after we'd already discussed it to death so there's room for him to make his role up.

We also could do something crazy and look back at votes/posts from D1 but who ever does that? I know Sand voted Lotus with Grandi (same as me), was sniping at Hal and Plastic, tunneling on Hal quite a bit actually.

Only certainties I have...I won't vote Shell or binus.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I win as long as I don't get voted out, so my smartest course of action is to go along with town's plan, since town is ahead. If Shell lives to LYLO I'm voting with her though (BMFFL, best mafia friends for life).

But if y'all want to throw me out I don't mind (well this is probably the closest I'll ever get to a survivor win so....keep me please? 🥺)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

(I don't have a secret ability, I am trying to lure scum to visit me 🤫)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Shellception posted:

Can I do this? Bot never came.

Votecount for Day 1

Grandicap (7): Lotus Aura, Lotus Aura, b-minus1, Sandwolf, Nep-Nep, Hal Insandenza, PlasticAutomaton, Dick Bastardly, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep, Shellception, Nep-Nep
PlasticAutomaton (4): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Toalpaz, Shellception, Maerlyn, Lotus Aura, Grandicap, Shellception, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Dick Bastardly (1): tpink
Toalpaz (0): Lotus Aura, PlasticAutomaton, Lotus Aura, PlasticAutomaton
Hal Insandenza (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Lotus Aura (0): Grandicap, Sandwolf, Maerlyn, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Dick Bastardly, Shellception, Shellception, Maerlyn, Grandicap, Dick Bastardly
b-minus1 (0): Shellception, Shellception, Lotus Aura, Lotus Aura
Sandwolf (0): Hal Insandenza, b-minus1, PlasticAutomaton, b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, PlasticAutomaton
Maerlyn (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 04th, 2022 at noon PDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Toalpaz (5): Shellception, Lotus Aura, Sandwolf, Dick Bastardly, Maerlyn
Lotus Aura (1): Maerlyn, b-minus1, Maerlyn
Maerlyn (1): Toalpaz
Sandwolf (0): Dick Bastardly, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (1): Hal Insandenza

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 07th, 2022 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 14 hours, 20 minutes.

Well, the only people that voted Plastic and Toal are.... me and Maerlyn. Yeah, that looks real bad for me :v:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Those smilies might look like garbage on the actual forums, I have no idea.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sand as scum we have to believe he voted and stuck on Grandi, a JOAT without flip flopping around despite several opportunities, he could have gone over onto Plastic instead. Seems farfetched. And Hal was immediately after.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Toal votes are easier to look at and find any that look bad because she's town. No Grandi vote looked particularly like a bus to me, but one of them absolutely had to be.

Shellception posted:

Anyway, on Toal.

:words:

Shell has a full case, pre-claim(s). She's also y'know easily the towniest voice in the game above and beyond this.

Lotus Aura posted:

Yeah, I think I'm convinced that it's probably best to ##vote Toal at this point.

:words:

Just linking to my vote so other people can check it themselves. It was also pre-claims, so uninfluenced by that.

Sandwolf posted:

That’s fair, I second what Shell said, I was frustrated with D1 where it felt like people were just engaging with me to call me scum more and it sucked and I had to step away too. I get it.

##vote Toal just gonna put this here for now

Sandwolf's vote is a... lazy +1.

Dick Bastardly posted:

i was revisiting the toal case and something shell missed was, in addition to wanting to shift the vote to lotus off of grandi (flipped scum), there was some apparent buddying up to me via agreeing with my town read of tpink (flipped scum).

tone-wise I read toal as seeming towny most of the time but looking back now with more info i think shell's case is convincing enough. ##vote toal

I think DB meant Plastic here, not me? Anyway. it's not quite as full-on in isolation his own conclusion as I thought, but you can see he went back to convince himself instead of simply going along with Shell's case and leaving it there.

Maerlyn posted:

Well let's just move this along then.

##vote Toal

Maerlyn. Survivor and voted Toal to keep things moving because we wouldn't vote for her instead.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

One thing I think I agree with Toal about is we need to consider the Maer issue. SK’s claim as survivors, it’s p much their best best, and Maer’s claim conveniently allows for them to kill without any comebacks. unless a vanilla town dies to Maer we won’t know if she’s surv or SK. Suffer not the 3P to live

Sandwolf also agrees with Toal's weird idea to vote out Maerlyn... in the off chance she lied and is an SK? I mean, that's a better reason at least but also it doesn't really work or hold up under scrutiny; Shell's already broken down why very well.

Also he, uh, he never actually voted Maerlyn for it (this was before voting for Toal, even). Which if you think she's a potential SK you would? I know I would at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Maerlyn posted:

Sand as scum we have to believe he voted and stuck on Grandi, a JOAT without flip flopping around despite several opportunities, he could have gone over onto Plastic instead. Seems farfetched. And Hal was immediately after.

Yeah, this is what I keep coming back to in my mind as well. If Sand's scum, why sit on Grandi like he did even if the vote itself looks bad? He didn't miss the deadline/hammer since he was here and posting, so the only reason I can think of is that it'd gained too much traction to bail and switch to Plastic without looking bad when Grandi flipped. It's easy credit and is what got him discounted as a D2 vote candidate (except by DB and... Toal...) after all.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Anyway I truly think it’s Sandwolf but I will ##vote Grandi as I’m not being compelled by these plastic cases

It sure ain't Hal, though. Even with all the stuff we got D2 from him that he had no reason to give if scum, his Grandi vote is straight up backwards for a scum player. He could just swap Grandi/Plastic here and probably be fine until we got into a position like this.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Lotus Aura posted:

Yeah, this is what I keep coming back to in my mind as well. If Sand's scum, why sit on Grandi like he did even if the vote itself looks bad? He didn't miss the deadline/hammer since he was here and posting, so the only reason I can think of is that it'd gained too much traction to bail and switch to Plastic without looking bad when Grandi flipped. It's easy credit and is what got him discounted as a D2 vote candidate (except by DB and... Toal...) after all.

It sure ain't Hal, though. Even with all the stuff we got D2 from him that he had no reason to give if scum, his Grandi vote is straight up backwards for a scum player. He could just swap Grandi/Plastic here and probably be fine unless we got into a position like this.

Mafia edit

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Dick Bastardly posted:

I re-read plastic and honestly, I'm not getting bad vibes from their posting. I still think toal is very town for the way they cased PA but I just happen to disagree fundamentally i guess. I am going to a festival with some friends about an hour before deadline so i will ##vote grandi

I'll try to stay plugged in as best as i can as we near deadline in case there's wacky vote tomfoolery afoot

DB's Grandi vote also looks like it could be easy town credit, but I dunno. I think with how late this one was (relatively speaking), there's less incentive to do this and ride it to the end if he's scum. Much like Hal, he could just switch Plastic and Grandi and probably be fine for a while.

Also notable, generally, is that DB went back and forth on both me and Grandi before this as well. He ain't just coasting here. He's definitely thinking things through and coming to his own conclusions as we go.

Pretty sure it ain't DB either.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

##vote grandi

A lot of people have expressed a willingness to vote him. Lets turn up the heat

b-minus1 posted:

Plastic has been forthcoming with all reads. We’ve just been bouncing reads off each other in the mason chat. It’s an unconfirmed masonry so obviously I can’t be sure, and there was a brief moment yesterday when I started to doubt the town read, but I am not interested in voting him today. I want to see grandis flip

Binus was first on Grandi as a serious push, also around during end of day, could have switched at any time but instead straight up said in no uncertain terms he isn't going to. Definitely not Binus.

Shell is the loudest, townest voice so her not getting NK'd N1 is the only real reason to have any doubts about her but that's very slight and overruled by... literally everything else she has said and done.

Maerlyn is Survivor and if we didn't win off of Toal/me getting votekilled today, she'd have been voted tomorrow anyway as an easy free lunch with that claim. Too risky, and the alternative idea involving her survival came so much longer after that there was all risk, no reward at the time this was done.

In conclusion, Sandwolf's almost definitely the last scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
home now, posting a list first off then going back and reading over some things:

Bona Fide Town: toal (cop), nep (track), plastic (mason), taste(vt)

De Facto Town: binus (mason), Hal (medium), maer (pgo), shell (dayvig/vt), myself

Bona Fide Scum: tpink (enforcer), grandi (joat)

Agentis Mysterium: sandwolf (???), lotus (gunsmith)

night results will determine which avenue i will pursue. at this time I will say that i'm thinking it's either sandwolf or lotus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Sandwolf posted:

Binus who do you think is scum?

Not going to answer this. I want to wait to see who scum kill

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yeah it's Lotus I think. Reread tpink, his posts are full of defenses of Lotus.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Binus, Eve 8, Town Aligned Mason, was killed N2

It is now D3

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (6): Dick Bastardly, Hal Insandenza, Lotus Aura, Maerlyn, Sandwolf, Shellception

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 09th, 2022 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sandwolf is a killer, man.

If you trust that, ##vote Sandwolf.

If you don't, vote me.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##vote Lotus

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

No reason to have a town cop and gunsmith, you could have been a gunsmith to sniff out the vig perhaps (and make scum aware that there are guns around).

Also no offense Shell but....why kill off Binus over Shell? it's an odd choice

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Or I had my offense backwards, not sure but point stands.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lotus Aura posted:

Sandwolf is a killer, man.

If you trust that, ##vote Sandwolf.

If you don't, vote me.

can’t say I blame you for trying it

##vote lotus

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
too many cops in the doughnut shop plus lotus seemed a bit too concerned about the exact details of Hal's claim reading like scum fishing for info about Hal's PR vice pressing Hal for more info to scum hunt with. ##vote lotus

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Cannot wait to see how Sandwolf tries to talk his way outta this tomorrow. :allears:

Pretty sure the real pro-move to do here would've been to withhold the NK to actually be able to throw doubt on the result post-flip. Remember folks, a false positive is impossible here. The only way it could be wrong is if someone redirected it onto actual scum (not Maerlyn; I'm still alive) and the only person who could potentially do that is scum themselves. But Binus is dead so that didn't happen.

I'll let Hal or Shell hammer.

Dick Bastardly posted:

lotus seemed a bit too concerned about the exact details of Hal's claim

Quick question here, DB. Literally when? Maerlyn's the only one who asked for extra details about it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Man you didn't let me even vote!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Oh, no hammer. Alright, no hurry.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah, -1 right now.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

No reason to have a town cop and gunsmith, you could have been a gunsmith to sniff out the vig perhaps (and make scum aware that there are guns around).

Also no offense Shell but....why kill off Binus over Shell? it's an odd choice

Binus was cleared by a lot of people, and this team isn't killing off the effort players.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

That's unfortunately a Grandi hallmark, so if it is Lotus following Grandi's advice or Sand being cavalier we don't know.

What we do know is one of Lotus or Sand IS the last scum. Now there is no posible switch, it's 50:50.

What we don't know is tomorrow. I'm a bit asleep and I am not in a hurry to hammer, Opop also probably asleep on the other side tho lol.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Or I had my offense backwards, not sure but point stands.

I'm offended and not offended at the same time.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

Not going to answer this. I want to wait to see who scum kill

Opopanax posted:

Binus, Eve 8, Town Aligned Mason, was killed N2

It is now D3

Also, lol. Had I been awake I'd have told him to answer (he didn't answer me earlier either) because I'd been seeing the knife coming his way for a long time :allears:.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maer, lady, you're probably around still. Before you go sleep - anything else you want to tell us? Now's the time. Are you a PGOSK, bomb, or another nasty surprise? Lol.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Maer, lady, you're probably around still. Before you go sleep - anything else you want to tell us? Now's the time. Are you a PGOSK, bomb, or another nasty surprise? Lol.

No, I just shoot night visitors. Did you save a bullet for me?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcTKXMGKGeQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

No, I just shoot night visitors. Did you save a bullet for me?

Always.

Pew, pew.