Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

stephenthinkpad posted:

Guys, Any recommendation on cool desktop gadget? I see some youtuber has a led display screen that can show subscriber number. Does ali has something like that, but just display the weather.

You might look at the DIVOOM pixel panels

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003116676867.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33032022918.html

and probably a few more different units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Anyone want to guess what this spooky thumbnail is?

It's safe for work.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803823161673.html

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
What a descriptive name (this actually looks like a cool bikini but the name! And why do I get these recommendations all I buy is tools and earbuds lol)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The actual product couldn't possibly look anything like the picture.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It'll just be two irregularly shaped pieces of the cheapest, thinnest plastic "cloth" ever, with stringy bits and no underwire at all.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

just glue it on

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Uniqlo does this $1000 dollar hair and $2000 studio light on a model with a $5 bikini in their ads all the time, other brand too. I am just impressed the Ali vendor has ad budget.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Everett False posted:

Has anyone bought any super cheap bluetooth earbuds lately? I want a backup set and I need to buy some cheapos before I get tempted by cute novelty earbuds.

I bought a pair of (apparently genuine) Lenovo earbuds from Ali a while back for some ridiculously cheap price. They're amazing for the money

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

nonathlon posted:

I bought a pair of (apparently genuine) Lenovo earbuds from Ali a while back for some ridiculously cheap price. They're amazing for the money

I see the Lenovos all the time for $10-12 if they are good I’ll grab some for backups if the kids lose what they have now

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

everdave posted:

What a descriptive name (this actually looks like a cool bikini but the name!
Even better? I believe it's a brand name.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

NICE! Ha ha

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

By popular demand posted:

The actual product couldn't possibly look anything like the picture.

Sure it does, you'll receive that image printed on a 1-piece otherwise-white swimming suit

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

I'm definitely not searching it now but yeah I've seen Weird Puss show up on all sorts of stuff on Ali.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
From the last page, but I just bought this tee for a friend of mine whose husband is a dead-ringer for human-Shrek.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Teach posted:

From the last page, but I just bought this tee for a friend of mine whose husband is a dead-ringer for human-Shrek.

Orgre

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
An orgy ogre. v powerful

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Orgrey Load

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A shirt for "whatever this thing is".

E: if you haven't read "Shrek" you probably should. Unlike the movies it's good.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 8, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Thank you. So much.

For introducing me to the phrase "Shrek's hot knob"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

MrUnderbridge posted:

Thank you. So much.

For introducing me to the phrase "Shrek's hot knob"

Turn it up

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Shrek’s Hot Knob would look good in some Weird Puss

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

they dont have a brand on it but these are basically the Oakley Sutro. Been looking for a clear lense for night riding.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003932194832.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.0.0.1f3bf19cb8jhpH

My knockoff Oakley Sutros came and the quality is actually pretty good.

e: link dead now :rip:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Well, I filed the dispute again on my headphones and I just think this $6.50 is lost in the Chinese ether. I attached both the tracking info of the package being seized for counterfeit postage and the email I got from USPS saying the seller is using duplicate tracking info. AliExpress stepped in and put forth their offer of no refund. I rejected that offer but I don't see it changing anything.

Not sure what other evidence I could possibly provide and the only thing the buy says is to "Please wait a few more days, friend" so I'm just going to say both the seller and AliExpress are screwing me over.

Won't stop me from ordering other random crap from there, tho.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jun 8, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: Site with coupons for banggood/gearbest :siren:
https://opcoupon.com/banggood-and-geekbuying-coupon-discount-codes-and-deals-full-list/
Worth searching if you're buying any tech stuff more expensive than earbuds. Was like $110 off for this laptop.

Just got my new travel laptop, copied from SH/SC:

mobby_6kl posted:

My Baby X1 Yoga is here!

Yes I bought the Chuiw thing from this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsboQHnMvPM. It's not exactly what I wanted but I needed something to take on a trip to Sri Lanka which might've been a bit sketchy given the current situation, and didn't want to have to explain to my boss what happened to the $2k machine.

The size is perfect, small and light enough to be a significant difference compared to the X1 but still big enough to be actually usable as a normal laptop. The N5100 CPU performance is about the same as my Ivy Bridge desktop, so not blazing fast by modern standards but not noticeably slow in usage either. Came with a 512GB SSD and 12GB of memory too which is great for its use case, and a big upgrade over my old 256/4GB tablet.

That review covers everything pretty accurately I think so I won't repeat it. Regarding the hole-punch camera, yes, it's stupid, but that's the price for getting a 2560x1600 (yess 16:10!) 10.8" display with 97% P3 coverage in a $400 device. As you can see I put the task bar at the top so it doesn't really matter anyway.

The only other downside Chris there identified is battery life, since it has only like 30wh. It also seems to draw as much power as the X1 at idle, so I might need to check the sleep states or other power settings, I'd really expect a system with a baby CPU to draw way less than that. I thought this all wouldn't be an issue as for the rare cases where I'd need more, like long flights, I could just use a power bank. Except it won't charge or even maintain power from my USB-PD power bank. It's just 18W, but even the X1 can use it so I didn't expect this to be a problem at all :(

The charging situation is a bit weird in general anyway. It came with a 25W USB-C charger and will charge with it through one port but not the other. It will also only slow-charge my phone, so it's not a USB-PD charger. However I can use a normal 30 or 65W USB-PD charger through the other Type-C port. Really weird.

--
Edit: About 5.5 hours in airplane mode. Not great, but probably enough. My old Cube had a few pre-configured TDP options so I'll have to check out the BIOS options.
It's pretty cool though that it's small and light enough to be actually used as a tablet. Still don't have the stylus but my mom has a compatible one (supposedly) so I'll check it out later.

Also received a shutter assembly for my Canon camera. There's only one place that services them officially and they wanted more than it would've been worth it :fuckoff:

Some more crap arrived at the forwarder warehouse but not the Bruce Lee sneakers. Had to cancel the order and find another, more expensive knockoff.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 8, 2022

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
This is from an Amazon review but its the weirdest review I ever saw on Amazon so I just want to share it.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

That's really common if you're shopping for car seats. It's like a humble brag that you got into an accident and your child didn't die.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Read it once as a kid, it's a great book.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Now I can finally commemorate the passing of The Longest Year!

small text: directed by Ed Wood JR.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
What a name
Laserpecker

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i like my eyesight too much to buy any more laser gadgets

one is enough
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001314919987.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZbXoTmBRRI

(it was $550 on indiegogo back in 2017)

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Laserbeak and Buzzsaw split up, and Laserbeak wanted a new name for Tinder.

Soundwave is just watching the breakup and hoping Rumble and Frenzy don't split up because they'd fight over who gets custody of Ravage.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They already fight too much over which one of them is red and which one's blue

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

this repliblic of gamers case is sick

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003304800624.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3htT2KaaJM

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I won a pair of earrings as a freebie and liked them so much I ordered another pair in another color (and gave the first pair to my mom; she loved them even after I told her they were cheap poo poo gotten for free).

That was in February; they never showed up, even after the seller enacted a generous delivery period extension. Now that's expired and I've filed a dispute, suggesting it was lost in the mail and that I might try again later.

This last part is what probably prompted this response:

Ali seller posted:

Dear, I am sorry that the parcel has not arrived yet. Please cancel the dispute. If the parcel is lost, we can deliver it to you again. Please cancel the dispute. Thank you very much.
It sounds fishy, but...I'm tempted. If it's bullshit, I'm out two bucks and change. I don't particularly want a black mark on this seller's reputation; it's not their fault the (extremely small, light, and loseable) package got lost. They've been acting in good faith so far. What would you do?

eta: This is their official response in the dispute channel:

quote:

This is the logistics chosen by the buyer And the logistics information shows that it has reached the destination country It is already in the process of delivery, but the delivery time of economic logistics is delayed We are helpless as sellers

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 11, 2022

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

I hate it so much I love it. I would never buy something like that but it is the most hilarious case I’ve ever seen.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Pre built gaming pcs basically look like that now lol

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A whole new world is opening before my eyes.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

By popular demand posted:

A whole new world is opening before my eyes.

This could be you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Hirayuki posted:

I won a pair of earrings as a freebie and liked them so much I ordered another pair in another color (and gave the first pair to my mom; she loved them even after I told her they were cheap poo poo gotten for free).

That was in February; they never showed up, even after the seller enacted a generous delivery period extension. Now that's expired and I've filed a dispute, suggesting it was lost in the mail and that I might try again later.

This last part is what probably prompted this response:

It sounds fishy, but...I'm tempted. If it's bullshit, I'm out two bucks and change. I don't particularly want a black mark on this seller's reputation; it's not their fault the (extremely small, light, and loseable) package got lost. They've been acting in good faith so far. What would you do?

eta: This is their official response in the dispute channel:

How long does it say it's been in your country? If it's more than a month then it's probably been lost.

After you've waited out the 2 month+ default delivery window plus an extension its pretty fair to ask for a refund.