Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Everett False posted:

Somehow did not realize that using windy powers on a dandelion causes the fluff to blow away while the seeds to remain on the stem. I've been chasing after what I thought were the seeds while mashing the button to pick them up. Lumine blowing on a dandelion and then frantically trying to snatch all the seeds she just blew away out of the air.

oh

somehow i never noticed how the dandelions in genshin impact work totally opposite to the actual flowers. you weren't wrong to assume it worked that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Everett False posted:

Somehow did not realize that using windy powers on a dandelion causes the fluff to blow away while the seeds to remain on the stem. I've been chasing after what I thought were the seeds while mashing the button to pick them up. Lumine blowing on a dandelion and then frantically trying to snatch all the seeds she just blew away out of the air.

That's why you gotta use the hold skill, so they come to you :eng101:

Speaking of things that are annoying to get, is there any use whatsoever for electro crystals besides that one inazuma request? Feels like those would be easier to feed into the transformer than those magic crystals.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Heh, well speaking of characters I kind of know, I earned my second roll on the newbie banner tonight and I managed to get both Beidou and Ningguang together. :v: I know of them just because I see all the art of them being a couple, so that's cool.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 8, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Heh, well speaking of characters I kind of know, I earned my second roll on the newbie banner tonight and I managed to get both Beidou and Ningguang together. :v: I know of them just because I see all the art of them being a couple, so that's cool.

I got those same two exact characters on my newbie banner!

Beidou has a fun mechanic where if you parry at just the right time, she counter strikes with one of the strongest single damage skill strikes in the game. Sadly, you'll have to build up her talent levels to see it.

She's also a top tier support in some teams, so it's never a bad idea to build her. You'll mostly want her ult, though the skill is nice for the reason I mentioned above

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Space Opera posted:

If you have my luck and pull The Bell claymore early on, don't bother with it, it's probably the most useless 4* weapon in the game

when they release a claymore character that scales off HP everyone will love their The Bell

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

padijun posted:

when they release a claymore character that scales off HP everyone will love their The Bell

Any day now... my R5 The Bell will dominate the world. Any day now....

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AG3 posted:

Any day now... my R5 The Bell will dominate the world. Any day now....

You only have one? Gotta pump that number up. Next you're going to tell me you don't even have C24 Noelle.

(My luck is rear end)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
https://seelie.me is my favorite tracker website for materials and stuff. I love having everything spelled out for me as it gives me something to focus on and small incremental steps towards a larger goal is pretty much the only way my sad brain gets any sort of dopamine. Which is why I hate artifact farming so much, feels like so much time wasted lol.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently the invitations for the 3.0 beta have gone out so we should be getting the motherlode of leaks sometime in the next couple of months. I suppose the holy grail of leaks would be the Dendro Archon. I still remember when we got T-Pose leaks for characters like Shenhe and Yun Jin practically a year before they ever made it in game and Shenhe's design changed a fair bit over that time so clearly nothing is final.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

It'll be out first dual wielding claymore user, so you're gonna need 2, and a third in case they drop one of those.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/genshin_meme_jp/status/1534445125916454913

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well I tried to make Diluc work but I just find Yanfei to run so much smoother. And the weapon choice and stat spread works out better. 55/150 Crit Stats with my Lost Prayer.

Anyways my new party of choice now is Yanfei/Yelan/Xingqiu/Zhongli. Just a massive waterfall of hydro damage and big booty vape charge attacks from Yanfei. :toot:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Even with how his skill works in his attack strings, Diluc deals like half the damage he should for how slow his swings are, compared to basically any other pyro carry at this point. Couple that with an ult that loooooves to do the "haha I targeted the hilichurl behind that rock instead of the 8 guys right next to you" and I hate to say the first 5* I had, just will never see play again without the kind of attention from HYV he almost certainly won't get.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well I tried to make Diluc work but I just find Yanfei to run so much smoother. And the weapon choice and stat spread works out better. 55/150 Crit Stats with my Lost Prayer.

Anyways my new party of choice now is Yanfei/Yelan/Xingqiu/Zhongli. Just a massive waterfall of hydro damage and big booty vape charge attacks from Yanfei. :toot:

Fischl is also a fun character to slip in there if you feel you don't need Zhong Li's shields. Yanfei's charged attacks can also damage rocks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Even with how his skill works in his attack strings, Diluc deals like half the damage he should for how slow his swings are, compared to basically any other pyro carry at this point. Couple that with an ult that loooooves to do the "haha I targeted the hilichurl behind that rock instead of the 8 guys right next to you" and I hate to say the first 5* I had, just will never see play again without the kind of attention from HYV he almost certainly won't get.
Well, he's getting a skin. But that didn't do much for keqing either. On the plus side, Yelan is now in his best comp, but that's yelan's 80th best comp.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they should make his domain less awful to farm, i say knowing my hydro supports need way more work than he does at this point

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

and I hate to say the first 5* I had, just will never see play again without the kind of attention from HYV he almost certainly won't get.

all he needs is a WGS, a really really nice 4pc CW set, three crowns, and an EM sands with a ton of crit stats. I don't know what you people are complaining about

Kale
May 14, 2010

Some of these characters could form their own K-Pop band clearly

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

dogsicle posted:

they should make his domain less awful to farm, i say knowing my hydro supports need way more work than he does at this point
It's becoming a major problem. Emblem is so much better to farm than everything that my characters who don't use some combination of glad, noblesse, wanderer's, emblem, and shim havent seen improvements in 10 months. It's getting to the point where if a character doesnt use those sets I don't really want to pull them. Having some kind of control over the two sets you farm goes from QoL to kind of necessary with emblem+shim in the game. I cant even bring myself to farm a set as good as millelith.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Is there something wrong with the Millelith domain?
It's second set is, at least, decent and I've always cleared it much quicker than Emblem/Shimenawa. I'd argue Pale Flame is on par with Shimenawa at least, but maybe I just play too many physical characters.

It doesn't really have the same problem as VV/Crimson Witch/Thundering Fury where the second set is a bit niche or unusable, which can make a lot of runs a waste of time.

Is this one of those things where people just have a very specific setup that has trouble against the enemies there? I always thought it was one of the easier domains that nobody really had trouble with.

I frequently see people complain about the Noblesse/Bloodstained domain, but that one is kind of optional now and mostly a matter of being able to quickly shred the abyss mage shields.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I hope the rumor that they are adding a card game with 3.0 pans out. If the game one of the Ninguang designer tabletop games in lore even better.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Zwiebel posted:

Is there something wrong with the Millelith domain?
It's second set is, at least, decent and I've always cleared it much quicker than Emblem/Shimenawa. I'd argue Pale Flame is on par with Shimenawa at least, but maybe I just play too many physical characters.

It doesn't really have the same problem as VV/Crimson Witch/Thundering Fury where the second set is a bit niche or unusable, which can make a lot of runs a waste of time.

Is this one of those things where people just have a very specific setup that has trouble against the enemies there? I always thought it was one of the easier domains that nobody really had trouble with.

I frequently see people complain about the Noblesse/Bloodstained domain, but that one is kind of optional now and mostly a matter of being able to quickly shred the abyss mage shields.
I don't and never will own eula.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't judge domains much on the set combinations because as good as you can say Emb/Shim (or BS/HoD etc) is, i have gotten barely anything out of there. CW domain just sucks because the way the waves spawn and how spaced out they are vs all these newer domains where you can basically instakill the room in 30 seconds. i would count Mill as a domain i like to farm even though PF is pretty useless imo (not a fan of physical).

though wrt Emb/Shim, not really a fan of lawachurls as domain enemies in general, they just fly all over the place rather than being convenient to kill. i suppose it could always be worse (rifthound).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to think of a banner 5 stars that I think are 100% passable.

My answers are Childe and Shenhe.

I own them both, which kinda rubs salt in those wounds.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Yae belongs on this list.

Side note Hydro is a complete joke of an element now, two characters are completely unfairly strong in every way and the others "are still decent because they're hydro".

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Side note Hydro is a complete joke of an element now, two characters are completely unfairly strong in every way and the others "are still decent because they're hydro".

Hmm. Maybe. I don't have her, so I don't know for sure. She does have the appeal of being super on stage Fischl in the overworld. Can be fun if you're one of those people that just love turrets.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Shenhe at least has interesting mechanics and is really powerful in her niche, however narrow it is.

I'd say Xiao, not that he's bad, he just doesn't add much to an account. Hypercarries are plentiful, and there's not really any incentive to run an Anemo one.

No Wave posted:

Hydro's balanced out by its resonance, lol.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Shenhe gives extremely high damage to cryo teams and gives a large freeze area with her Burst. My last few months have been smooth because she gives so much free, fast damage to my team because it's flat increase.

Like, Xiao is far more skippable than Shenhe because he's a selfish hypercarry with little to no support to increase his power.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Shenhe at least has interesting mechanics and is really powerful in her niche, however narrow it is.

At C0, I don't even think she's that great at that role. The additive damage is really only in the most favorable circumstances, and isn't much greater than replacing her with another support character. If she had some healing or shielding or even just somewhat better damage numbers her value would sky rocket.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Albedo seems on the cusp, and you could probably include non-reaction DPS (Eula/Xiao/Itto) and powercrept pyros for the time being. but also anecdotally Ganyu has felt totally skippable to me so i think this stuff isn't easy to nail down.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

Albedo seems on the cusp, and you could probably include non-reaction DPS (Eula/Xiao/Itto) and powercrept pyros for the time being. but also anecdotally Ganyu has felt totally skippable to me so i think this stuff isn't easy to nail down.

I define skippable as "if you rolled them, you would never use them". Some 5 stars aren't meta, but they are very fun.

Ganyu always has an are where she shines, even if it's just taking out annoying enemies from afar.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

C0 Shenhe allowed me to run triple Cryo/Kazuha versus the Floor 12 boss chambers, something I can't do easily with freeze, and is rather annoying to do with melt. The thing with her is that she scales off of the team's artifacts, so your mileage will vary wildly and building a team with her needs a bit more spreadsheet nerding.

An underacknowledged thing with her is that she's the "Gorou" of the most well-rounded element with tons of options for building a team. Anemo also pairs well with Cryo and similarly has a pretty balanced roster to choose from (though Kaz is still the best)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I define skippable as "if you rolled them, you would never use them". Some 5 stars aren't meta, but they are very fun.

Ganyu always has an are where she shines, even if it's just taking out annoying enemies from afar.
The only character I never use is ningguang. Idk why you're never using your shenhe, she's the best cryo support a lot of the time.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 9, 2022

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like most 5* are skippable. like people are downplaying xiao but do you really need hu tao or ayaka? not really

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

No Wave posted:

I got Yae but haven't built her because I was really pulling on that banner for Fischl constellations and only got 2. They would just kind of fill the same off-field DPS niche for my teams and I already have Fischl really built out.

At least next month Fischl should be in the shop for a guaranteed constellation.

Yae, Qiqi, and Keqing are the only 5*s that I have that are unused.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Zhongli is invaluable if you play on mobile and everything else is skippable.

Shenhe rules, but she's probably the least useful for newer accounts. Unless they really like Chongyun. Then she's the best.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I feel like most 5* are skippable. like people are downplaying xiao but do you really need hu tao or ayaka? not really

The only 5*s I don't have are Ayaka, Yoi, and Xiao. The only ones I use regularly are Kaz, Koko, ZL, Raiden, and Aloy (lol). I guess Albedo now.

I would say to qualify as unskippable, they'd need to provide a unique service that no one else can really come close to. Kazuha's the gold standard, ZL has his shield to let you ignore mechanics, Raiden's a universal battery and burst carry, Koko basically makes your team unkillable while having the best support element/weapon and can sometimes even fill in as a damage dealer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I see yelan and kazuha as just way stronger than the others at C0, they are the 5 stars that are on the level of ease/flexibility/opness of Bennett/Xingqiu/FischlC6 where just adding them to random comps is correct most of the time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kazuha really is just top to bottom the best character they've made. he's super strong, really fun, and he has good mobility for overworld stuff

yelan's feeling similar with her sprint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

kazuha really is just top to bottom the best character they've made. he's super strong, really fun, and he has good mobility for overworld stuff

yelan's feeling similar with her sprint

Yelan also has the "one character commission clear" that Kazuha has, where using her skill and then popping her ult can clear most fight commissions.