Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

divabot posted:

pfeh like this guy has even read the Chipotle white paper

In my experience, the Chipotle white paper barely gets the job done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, the next big thing will be storing emotions on the blockchain.

An ape yacht club for every mood! Just make sure you save up enough slurp juices for any mood swing days.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

[citation needed]

snotball007 posted:

more secure,

[citation needed]

snotball007 posted:

less fees for merchants,

Why would I care about the merchants

snotball007 posted:

rewards on the back end for stakers (again, merchant fee >1% and entirely goes to the stakers)

Why would I care about the stakers

snotball007 posted:

and solves the most fundamental problems of digital cash.

Like?

snotball007 posted:

But keep saying "BUT THEY DON'T PROTECT ME, I CAN'T CHARGEBACK!" like everyone else who has never had to do a chargeback.

I have indeed had to do a number of chargebacks, like anyone else who has had a credit card for any substantial amount of time, and it was painless and quick, what do you mean by this?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You know, you can often buy gift cards direct from restaurants at a pretty significant discount compared to cash (getting 35 dollars of gift card by paying $25 or whatever)

I'll put together an app to run gift card arbitrage, Cardr. Users will get some of the gift card discount, so whenever they use our app they will (for instance) pay $25 cash for $30 of food (getting 20% more food for free!). That will help build up a big userbase, since a 20% discount is huge, and the more users we have, the more money we make.

If we really wanna juice up the profits, we can give people the option of tossing money into their Cardr accounts first (and earn interest on the float). And we can even buy gray-market gift cards at a 50% discount as well, to really improve our ratio. It's free money!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

So what's their galaxy brain response the first time Country A sits down at their computers for some online CivV to determine who owns some contested islands or whatever and Country B just flies a bunch of bombers over and blows them the gently caress up because lol we have an airforce you nerds.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Like can you loving imagine Putin's response to someone telling him to play them a game of Command and Conquer to determine who owns the Donbas?

I mean, might go better for him, but he'd still probably respond with cruise missiles and polonium and exploding T72s.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Cyrano4747 posted:

So what's their galaxy brain response the first time Country A sits down at their computers for some online CivV to determine who owns some contested islands or whatever and Country B just flies a bunch of bombers over and blows them the gently caress up because lol we have an airforce you nerds.

You will regret this!!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

but, but, but, they've been working on Flexa for FOUR YERES so this time its going to be totally different. pinkie promise, i swear!

That's also all bullshit since all coins are copy pastes of bitcoin or just run as ethereum-based tokens. So all the technical stuff is pre-created for them. There is nothing these genius creators (scammers) work on besides creating bullshit powerpoint slides and the buzzword vomit of a whitepaper where they describe how their specific shitcoin copy paste with a few levers adjusted is somehow special.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 8, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

You know, you can often buy gift cards direct from restaurants at a pretty significant discount compared to cash (getting 35 dollars of gift card by paying $25 or whatever)

I'll put together an app to run gift card arbitrage, Cardr. Users will get some of the gift card discount, so whenever they use our app they will (for instance) pay $25 cash for $30 of food (getting 20% more food for free!). That will help build up a big userbase, since a 20% discount is huge, and the more users we have, the more money we make.

If we really wanna juice up the profits, we can give people the option of tossing money into their Cardr accounts first (and earn interest on the float). And we can even buy gray-market gift cards at a 50% discount as well, to really improve our ratio. It's free money!

Oh hey you could get a free burrito at chipotle

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out

Cyrano4747 posted:

Like can you loving imagine Putin's response to someone telling him to play them a game of Command and Conquer to determine who owns the Donbas?

I mean, might go better for him, but he'd still probably respond with cruise missiles and polonium and exploding T72s.

Simple, just get the police to enforce blockchain rights. Putin would be forced to accept the C&C result else he's going to get a right telling off!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
as long as you don't do it a suspicious amount you can chargeback literally anything on your credit or debit card. they barely even bother to check unless it's over a certain amount. you literally can say anything "oh my girlfriend used the card and she wasn't supposed to" or whatever, let alone in cases of actual fraud

CC companies are making so much money they literally don't care about the occasional chargeback

i've even heard tell of people who for example in a hypothetical ITT situation SWIM might, eg, buy something rad that is less than, hypothetically, 500 bucks and then charge it back and, SWIM, keep it

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

How do I become an NSA person of interest? I want to waste some government resources having them track my boring rear end.

https://youtu.be/lzAuXuxD0Oo

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i'm waiting for Coiner Revisionist History to tell me that my ancestors were fighting the British over crypto currency in 1776; that every major conflict throughout history is over some form of crypto because apparently that's the only thing that matters to these broke brain loving weirdos.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 8, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

precision posted:

as long as you don't do it a suspicious amount you can chargeback literally anything on your credit or debit card. they barely even bother to check unless it's over a certain amount. you literally can say anything "oh my girlfriend used the card and she wasn't supposed to" or whatever, let alone in cases of actual fraud

CC companies are making so much money they literally don't care about the occasional chargeback

i've even heard tell of people who for example in a hypothetical ITT situation SWIM might, eg, buy something rad that is less than, hypothetically, 500 bucks and then charge it back and, SWIM, keep it

Thing is about coiners is that they can't imagine not ripping everyone else off at every opportunity and assume everyone else is the same

They don't actually understand the concept of society

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

that's because 'society' isn't on the blockchain, dummy.

sheesh, do i have to explain EVERYTHING around here?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

i'm waiting for Coiner Revisionist History to tell me that my ancestors were fighting the British over crypto currency in 1776; that every major conflict throughout history is over some form of crypto because apparently that's the only thing that matters to these broke brain loving weirdos.

it was more about crypto heritage than crypto hate.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thing is about coiners is that they can't imagine not ripping everyone else off at every opportunity and assume everyone else is the same

The CEO of Chipotle wakes up drenched in sweat on his mega yacht. It's dark, it's still 3 am, and he has a golf tee time in the morning. He must rest, and yet he can't sleep. He knows. He just can't stop thinking about it. Somewhere out there a burrito is being charged back.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

it was more about crypto heritage than crypto hate.

I can see it now; my Mennonite ancestors fled Germany in 1674 to escape the great Crypto Purge, settling in the British Colonies in Pennsylvania in 1699 and then three generations later fighting the evil British BITCOIN.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 8, 2022

JammyB
May 23, 2001

Undoubtedly the worst crime against humanity committed during that period was when you guys dumped our tea into Boston Harbor. What is a cup of tea to a Brit if not a pure store of delicious energy required to sustain an empire - i.e. no different to a modern-day bitcoin battery.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

JammyB posted:

Undoubtedly the worst crime against humanity committed during that period was when you guys dumped our tea into Boston Harbor. What is a cup of tea to a Brit if not a pure store of delicious energy required to sustain an empire - i.e. no different to a modern-day bitcoin battery.

perhaps even the very first N F Tea.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ghost Leviathan posted:

good effort, but entirely toothless

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Non-Floating Tea. It checks out.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

Yep, Not loving Tea. Respect to the lads for trying to make a massive brew in Boston Harbor but everyone knows you can't make a proper tea if the water's not boiling.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
every time i try to tell my friends about crypto they turn into jackie chan and soft-shoe full glass bottles from the ground directly into my face at high speed, bust broomsticks over my head, warm up my kidneys with some devastating blows from a spinning stepladder and laugh as my pants fall down revealing my "area" is a grey untextured cube with legs coming out of it, like bender from futurama. they don't know anything about crypto

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
instead of spitting game to fast food workers at 2am blackout drunk like a reprobate, i tell them about crypto. still blackout drunk but i'm basically improving their financial literacy. i spend four nights a week in jail

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I got some magic beans to sell you crypto guys.

They will triple your investment if you plant them early.

Or you could resell them for up to 10 x your investment.

The choice is yours, you mark rear end fool.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Put Deez nuts on the blockchain

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Put Deez nuts on the blockchain

you clearly don't know anything about crypto. i am actually laughing, like this: ha ha ha ha

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

This thread has pilled me, I'm pulling all of my 401k and buying the dip:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

quote:

Here's the newest FUD list for your pleasure.
ANALYSIS
Most of these points could already be priced in:

"Stable"coins - Tether has missed it's 2022 Q1 reserves report: post In comparison: in 2007 a bank with $18B in dealings (Lehman Bros.) took down the whole market. Tether is "worth" about $70B. The UST desaster gave a little preview of what can happen to USDT.

19.5% APY - If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely isn't true. Pressure on prices gets a lot of projects into big trouble. People are still waiting to cash out, since a lot of money is locked. The death of UST / LUNA made people question their investments. The CRO desaster did its part, too - credibility was lost.

Escalating war in Europe - Russian state TV is already talking about tactics for invading Baltic states: news / Russia's Duma parliament is making poland the next target: link

European Union is considering a PoW prohibition - Behind closed doors, EU officials talk about banning Bitcoin: netzpolitik.org. Could be bad for PoW, but even PoS-coins would follow the market as usual.

NFT market has already surpassed its climax - NFT owners are getting nervous: market report People are offering 30k for an NFT that once was 1.5M: first tweetThe rising market for NFTs is what fuled the rally of several coins. If the NFT market is losing marketcap, related coins will lose value, too.

Inflation and possible recession - If you think Bitcoin is immune to inflation - inflation means people have less money to invest, since expenses grow faster than income. We all know crypto is young and never experienced something like this. We'll see.

Mass adoption? El Salvador’s Bitcoin strategy continues to lose steam after 8 monthsThe recent crash will lower the chances of mass adoption. A failure of the current (seemingly instable) regime in El Salvador could lead to the country leaving BTC for good: link

Evergrande - Admit it, you forgot about evergrande. They still exist and it's still not over. Now that we're facing a recession (especially on housing markets), evergrande gets even more in danger: Warning of debt blowoff.

Michael Saylor - The CEO of Microstrategies is known as the father of all BTC maxis. He sounds crazier every week with tweets that sound like bible verses. A ticking time bomb since the price of BTC is under pressure, while MS holds 129,218 Bitcoin right now. Please note that Microstrategies is still a company dedicated to business inteligence, not an investment fund. not sure if this guy is serious

Exchanges are struggling because of the bear market - Coinbase got into troubleThis could easily become a self-forfilling prophecy, since people fear their investments could be lost in a bankrupcy.

I personally think it's a buying opportunity, even though it seems very risky. A lot of people in this sub think prices will drop further, but the majority is known for making false predictions. No financial advice though. My investment will just go on no matter what happens.

Let me know what you think - which points in this list are already priced in? Which do you think are irrelevant?

If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely isn't true.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
what if instead of exchanging money for goods and services

we exchanged giftcards to america's #1 fast casual mexican restaurant

it makes you think

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

drk posted:

what if instead of exchanging money for goods and services

we exchanged giftcards to america's #1 fast casual mexican restaurant

it makes you think

What about shopping at gamestop on christmas

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

their idea is that no one would ever do such an irrational thing - that all countries dislike the act of physically destroying other countries' property and people, and only reluctantly do so because humanity never invented a better way...until now

in other words, motherfucker's never heard of Henry Kissinger

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

The proofs in the pudding. Guy's gotta post a snippet of something legit before I'd take him seriously.

my utterly internet brain poisoned take is its all bullshit and the guy is posting it hoping to crash some stupid tokens so he can buy them up and profit when it bounces back on the news never dropping

but if its real holy poo poo

not going to do anything without actual chatlogs though yeah

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

their idea is that no one would ever do such an irrational thing - that all countries dislike the act of physically destroying other countries' property and people, and only reluctantly do so because humanity never invented a better way...until now

in other words, motherfucker's never heard of Henry Kissinger

Reminds me of the old Thomas Friedman line that "no two countries with a McDonald's have ever gone to war with each other", which has also been proven to be laughably wrong.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Are 51% hacks still on the table? How hasn’t some hacking group sent all this blockchain nonsense to the shadow realm just for the lulz yet?

I don’t want to live in a world where profit > lulz

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

fullroundaction posted:

Are 51% hacks still on the table? How hasn’t some hacking group sent all this blockchain nonsense to the shadow realm just for the lulz yet?

there was a recent case where someone did a complicated thing to take out a five minute coinloan and borrowed over 51% of the smart contract's ownership which meant he had the power to rewrite it and give him all the stored money, which he did

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Thing is it's almost impossible to actually meaningfully disrupt the infrastructure since the entire system is already built on bullshit.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

instead of spitting game to fast food workers at 2am blackout drunk like a reprobate, i tell them about crypto. still blackout drunk but i'm basically improving their financial literacy. i spend four nights a week in jail

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

Because this generally only works with some random smaller NFT projects or altcoins. Any bigger projects that are vulnerable to that are too big to be exploited.