Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

T-Square posted:

What are you, George?

Maybe it was just because the tasty brioche sopped up all of the birria liquid when dunked in it, but yeah the tacos were a solid 8/10 but the sandwich I would pay $13 at a restaurant for

Something I'll def make again. Wouldn't mind trying some other stuff with the leftovers like some birria enchiladas or or chimiganga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kalli posted:

Yep, exactly. I view it like how I did all my buddies post college killing themselves to get into game Dev. Yeah if I loved Apple so much I'll just work less at a normal job, take home more money and buy all the apple garbage I want.

After a decade in game dev, I still like my job, but I'm maybe 10% the gamer I was back in college. It's just not the same as a hobby when I spend all day on it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Don't worry, I spent at least 20 minutes on the shitter at work per day.

Boss makes a dollar I make a dime, that's why I poo poo on company time.

My contract says I have to be at my job site for at least 40 hours a week, but don't worry, I'm definitely working less than 40 hours.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im contracted for 38 hours and that's all the fuckers get.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Skwirl posted:

Boss makes a dollar I make a dime, that's why I poo poo on company time.

My contract says I have to be at my job site for at least 40 hours a week, but don't worry, I'm definitely working less than 40 hours.

When you’re WFH you get to poo poo on company time and use your bidet instead of scratchy corporate toilet paper

And these fools, these absolute morons, wonder why no one wants to go back to the office

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Im contracted for 38 hours and that's all the fuckers get.

The 40 hours thing is really just to guarantee a full paycheck even if like a machine breaks so you can't do your job you still get a full days pay.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I interviewed for a director level role at a pseudo start up in my industry (though it's got partners with some companies worth significant money). I'll find out soon if I get it but uh, not sure if I'm ready to be a director. I feel like I'll be found out as a fraud or something (plus I don't want to work more for a lot more money if I'm being honest with myself).

Also, there's a lot of ex military there, which I dunno how I feel about it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1534383225698766850
Got to love how rich people just pay their way to get progressives removed

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Maybe SF cops can solve more than 10% crimes now that they can get back to framing people

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Good luck to all the job-hunting folks out there! Honestly I sometimes wonder what the disconnect is, I have a very love-hate relationship with my job, but also feel no particular compulsion to try anything else. Like, more money would be nice, but I’ve zero interest in authority or advancement, I just want to get better at what I do. Admittedly part of it is I’ve been doing this for almost a decade and can’t really picture anything else, but I barely know what I’m doing as is, and could be doing it so much better!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

The 40 hours thing is really just to guarantee a full paycheck even if like a machine breaks so you can't do your job you still get a full days pay.

Im still here for more than 40 hours when you factor in lunch breaks and stuff but yeah 50 hours and 60 hours ain't in my future.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

seiferguy posted:

I interviewed for a director level role at a pseudo start up in my industry (though it's got partners with some companies worth significant money). I'll find out soon if I get it but uh, not sure if I'm ready to be a director. I feel like I'll be found out as a fraud or something (plus I don't want to work more for a lot more money if I'm being honest with myself).

Also, there's a lot of ex military there, which I dunno how I feel about it.

It’s definitely a mixed bag. The higher level positions I’ve had are all insanely stressful and take more of my time than it’s worth in pay. Especially with startups. And yea as a veteran if a place has a lot of ex military I avoid it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

seiferguy posted:

I don’t think they discover the frauds until VP level but by then it’s too late. At least I am hoping so

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just had the Midwestern conundrum of whether to huddle in the basement or run outside to see if you can see a tornado. I did not run outside but apparently we had one pretty close?

I'll find out more tomorrow I guess.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Just had the Midwestern conundrum of whether to huddle in the basement or run outside to see if you can see a tornado. I did not run outside but apparently we had one pretty close?

Shameful. In all seriousness glad everything's okay.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pron on VHS posted:

My job is hard as hell, I have to maintain a gigantic regression model that tries to predict when people will stop paying their mortgage. I can barely do basic algebra, and have no clue how I ended up here. I am searching up Investopedia every drat day at my job, one day they will all figure out how little I know about finance or math heh

That’s the job type I wanted and couldn’t get with a masters in finance so now I’m getting a PhD.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I just want to work in a brewery. I'm already a doughy white guy with a beard so I'll fit right in!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Probably the main reason I didn't quit my job and try to become a mail carrier is because I have somewhat flexible hours, and I didn't want to lose that for more rigid hourly work. My job is cushy enough that I can work remote mostly when I want to, and if I need to take a few hours off in the middle of the day for a doctor's appointment for my kid, it's not an issue. Maybe in 10 years I'll work for the post office part-time or something until I'm ready for full retirement.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Quiet Feet posted:

I just want to work in a brewery. I'm already a doughy white guy with a beard so I'll fit right in!

Same, friend. Same.

It’s my dream. In a nation with UHC.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

covid positive

feeling like poo poo

HCA got rid of covid pay 10 days ago :suicide:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hey man, this is what you get when you have a "Yes, I want coronavirus" banner.

Get better soon dude.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Get well soon Fiz.

My cousin's getting married this weekend. Got a text from his mom last night that he has covid.

We're flying up there so my mom and I are discussing how we can safely attend the most events. (My proposal is skip the rehearsal dinner and reception, just go to the wedding where everything would be at a distance.) My sister just responds with "I don't want to miss anything".

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah our phones went off at like 1:24am. Loud as hell, screaming at us that there was a confirmed tornado over our town, a very small suburb of KC just in the Kansas side. So I got to deal with my MiL who isn’t from here coming out, and all the kids coming out of their rooms while I was finding the radar to let them know it was okay.

Hell of a first night home for baby girl.

Best I can tell, we didn’t even lose any tree branches.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

covid positive

feeling like poo poo

HCA got rid of covid pay 10 days ago :suicide:

Ah gently caress. Hope you feel better soon.

I can’t believe HCA had Covid pay that long. Ours ended on 1/1/21 at 00:01. Before even delta was a thing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ours ended two days after I tested positive.

So I just didn’t go to work and reported full time anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

That's a nightmare to go through but drat it's going to be good story to tell later on.

Yeah it was just a storm by the time it got around here, we just have some (well quite a few) twigs blown off of trees, not even anything you could call a branch really. But apparently the next neighborhood over--like 3 or 4 blocks away--had a bunch of downed tree limbs and the power went out all night (not sure if it's back or not). I don't think it was actually a tornado there either according to the Star but the winds must have died down quite a bit in like, a quarter of a mile or something between here and there. And that storm according to the late night weather guys was moving with authority and quickness.

Also I don't think I've said congrats, so congrats!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Got drat do I love Red Bull

No Butt Stuff posted:

With a username like that I guess you were bound to end up with one eventually. Congrats

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I know it's probably(maybe?) a common thing but it's so weird/sickening to see our local police department is having a gun auction open to the public.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Speaking of not working 40 hours in a week, I've been totally locked out of the company network and our IT support is on the other side of the country, so I guess I'm on baby duty all morning until they get into the office and I can call them :sad:

E: much love and respect to all IT folks out there, but we switched to a new computer and network infrastructure back in August and it's been a huge pain in the rear end ever since then. I have three different sets of login credentials, two of which require two-factor authentication, and it starts logging you out of various network layers after 2-3 minutes. On the bright side, I get the occasional random outage that gives me a free half-day off.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 8, 2022

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yeah our phones went off at like 1:24am. Loud as hell, screaming at us that there was a confirmed tornado over our town, a very small suburb of KC just in the Kansas side. So I got to deal with my MiL who isn’t from here coming out, and all the kids coming out of their rooms while I was finding the radar to let them know it was okay.

Best I can tell, we didn’t even lose any tree branches.

That’s gotta be scary. I’m such a deep sleeper that I slept through an earthquake back in high school. Everybody was talking about it the next day and I had no idea.

Congrats on the kid!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Huh

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

I know it's probably(maybe?) a common thing but it's so weird/sickening to see our local police department is having a gun auction open to the public.

In Arizona, it was made illegal for governments to destroy firearms, so if a municipality holds a buyback, they have to send the inventory to surplus property for sale.

The buybacks stopped, as was the intent of the legislature.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

See, the economy is booming, numbers go up! The system works!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I'm actually surprised that number is below what it was like 5 years ago. I thought it had kept increasing. Still depressing to be like 3x what it was 20 years ago.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Qwijib0 posted:

In Arizona, it was made illegal for governments to destroy firearms, so if a municipality holds a buyback, they have to send the inventory to surplus property for sale.

The buybacks stopped, as was the intent of the legislature.

deranged rear end country

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Gotta love Arizona (no you do not)

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I'm the terrible loving labeling on the x axis that requires ellipses.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

Got drat do I love Red Bull

Most people can’t stand energy drinks I feel like, but drat if an ice cold Red Bull out of a grocery store cooler on a hot rear end muggy hungover Saturday morning doesn’t make me feel some type of way

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/FaithNoMore/status/1534571099077361664 Forget that I'm a few months older than the greatest album of the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/FaithNoMore/status/1534571099077361664 Forget that I'm a few months older than the greatest album of the 90s

You're a few months older than Nevermind?