Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blue Raider posted:

Ye’s a flying combat game. It’s ok

Yeah its fine. People are starved for space fighters but chorvs did not satisfy imo. Story drags the game out too much and its like almost 2 hours before the game unlocks its main mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/playstationsize/status/1534293115309367296?s=21&t=7PA4GqiHAV3-wRDc-FEY1Q

That's apparently 2 & 3 now waiting on the ps5 backend. Just release the patches, Capcom

edit: and 7. Releases the patches already

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 8, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will release Monday I reckon

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Amazing games if anyone hasn’t played them. Resi 2/3/7/8 are all incredible.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Amazing games if anyone hasn’t played them. Resi 2/3/7/8 are all incredible.

I've played a few hours of RE7 but stopped when I heard it was getting a next gen update. Got RE2 and 3 on sale and am holding off on those for the same reasons. Are all the games quite puzzle heavy? There's a few in 7 that really have me scratching my thick head.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More exploration puzzles than actual brain teaser puzzles

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I've played a few hours of RE7 but stopped when I heard it was getting a next gen update. Got RE2 and 3 on sale and am holding off on those for the same reasons. Are all the games quite puzzle heavy? There's a few in 7 that really have me scratching my thick head.

Not really, I can’t remember a single puzzle in any of them that had me stumped for more than a few minutes. They’re all on the level of those escape room games you’d play on an iPhone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Probably make you wait until the capcom showcase monday

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

More games need puzzle difficulty levels like silent hill 2&3.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WattsvilleBlues posted:

2 is basically entirely a puzzle but it's more about navigating the layout and carrying fairly obvious key items back to where you need them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Kins posted:

Should I bother playing the Sigma versions or 1 & 2 on Game Pass or should I hunt down the originals? I recall hearing that 2 Sigma was kinda poo poo.

In my opinion I'd play Black for NG1 and original for NG2. Sigma for NG1 is fine, just like a lil step down and mostly loses quality by having middling bonus content become mandatory story content. NG2 Sigma is the badification of Ninja Gaiden started and is inferior even if its resolution is better.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I think OG NG2 has better resolution now because it's x-enhanced so you're better getting the Xbox versions rather than the rereleases/remakes. Apparently DOA6 looks amazing with the x-enhanced visuals as well as do most fighting games except Tekken 7 which never got updated but a new one will probably be announced soon. Is Namco Bandai doing anything for E3 or do they just stick to Tokyo Game Show? Tekken 7 came out in 2015 they really need to make a new one hopefully without any goofy guest characters this time.

Also curious if Soul Calibur gets another entry or not since the last game passed the sales threshold (and looks really good with the Xbox updates) but Namco Bandai are fucky about that franchise and I dunno if the team got broken up again or not.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NG2 is not as fair a game as NG1 but my god is it satisfying when it all clicks and you just go roughshod over an enemy swarm like a wave of blades. The fact bosses aren't immune to your horseshit makes the group fights have a very different feel. NG3's "steel on bone" system wants to be that but is bad.

There was some video MS showed off of Japanese devs one of whom was Tekken director, so its possible they show Tekken 8 at microsofts showcase, something lesser like Tales of Arise to game pass, or my favorite rumor Killer Instinct 2 by Bandai Namco

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Barudak posted:

NG2 is not as fair a game as NG1 but my god is it satisfying when it all clicks and you just go roughshod over an enemy swarm like a wave of blades. The fact bosses aren't immune to your horseshit makes the group fights have a very different feel. NG3's "steel on bone" system wants to be that but is bad.

There was some video MS showed off of Japanese devs one of whom was Tekken director, so its possible they show Tekken 8 at microsofts showcase, something lesser like Tales of Arise to game pass, or my favorite rumor Killer Instinct 2 by Bandai Namco

I'd be thrilled with Tales of Arise on GP.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NG3 gets a special prize for having controls bad enough I missed a save point and them realizing it was dogshit and giving you the heal anyway but not the save

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

I'd be thrilled with Tales of Arise on GP.

I thought that already happened?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Barudak posted:

or my favorite rumor Killer Instinct 2 by Bandai Namco

I've heard Xbox secured a Japanese dev team for KI2 and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bandai Namco. It could maybe be the Soul Calibur team working on it? Maybe the Smash Bros team? They have a lot of developers there with a lot of fighting game experience and while the Tekken guys will obviously be making a new Tekken it doesn't seem unreasonable that Xbox managed to get another team to take the reigns for a new KI game.

Would definitely be a really exciting announcement and I'm still hoping that the sequel is basically more of the same just with the addition of a tag mode.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

acksplode posted:

You couldn't pay me to play an AC in 2022 but I might mess around with the tour mode. Seems like a nice way to kill a lazy weekend afternoon.

It's really good and it's amazing to see how much research and work they do to get little historical details right in building these impressive ancient worlds, that they then squander away with middling poo poo Ubisoft map gameplay.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I thought that already happened?

Nah it was a new ip game I cant even remember the name of (crimson eyes?) that was powerfully mediocre

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Did some ownership rules change recently, or is it just my new XSX? I used to just be able to tell my kid that they could play any game I owned from my (digital) game library, but since I got the new console, it always a to pop up a dialog saying "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" when he tries to start one. After that it works fine, but I'm very sure it didn't do that before.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Did some ownership rules change recently, or is it just my new XSX? I used to just be able to tell my kid that they could play any game I owned from my (digital) game library, but since I got the new console, it always a to pop up a dialog saying "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" when he tries to start one. After that it works fine, but I'm very sure it didn't do that before.

sounds like phil is onto your “sharing games with my child” scheme

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sywert of Thieves posted:

If you bought a new xbox, you need to make it your home xbox to get what you are looking for. (Home xbox lets anyone play any games bought there)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

If you download AC : Origins on game pass, don't forget to pick up the free Deluxe Pack upgrade. It's a game pass perk this month.

And if you want to drive a bus or do some construction work, there's a simulator sale going on.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

If you download AC : Origins on game pass, don't forget to pick up the free Deluxe Pack upgrade. It's a game pass perk this month.

Thanks for the tip! I actually own the game digitally, so getting the free upgrade is neat. (Also since I never looked it up before, these GP Ultimate Perks are yours to keep permanently even after your sub expires. Very nice.)

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
ITs been 3 whole years since I Gold->XBU. I just let it lapse today, am I good to just buy another 3 years of gold then convert so I get ultimate for 3 years for ~150ish or whatever that is now? Thats not a bad value at all.

Or is there some other step I'm missing before I start buying gold cards.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

FunOne posted:

ITs been 3 whole years since I Gold->XBU. I just let it lapse today, am I good to just buy another 3 years of gold then convert so I get ultimate for 3 years for ~150ish or whatever that is now? Thats not a bad value at all.

As long as you don’t currently have ultimate you should be good to go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r72GP1PIZa0

oh baby

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If EA doesn’t put BF2042 on EA Play to get a bunch more players on there from gamepass etc before the mw2 beta drops they should just pack it in now honestly.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

FunOne posted:

There some risk involved, but you may want to wait until after Xbox's conference on Sunday to see if they change anything (i.e. the oft-rumored family plan).

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 8, 2022

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

yep, it's one of those

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
original MW2 MP was goated but i'm still cautious because the last few CODs were bad

then again apparently the "new" MW was the best one so hey

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

original MW2 MP was goated but i'm still cautious because the last few CODs were bad

then again apparently the "new" MW was the best one so hey

the maps still sucked really badly though lol. i ended up playing ground war (set on the war zone map) or shipment/shoot house/etc 24/7 because even though I don't like small maps they at least were designed well. i don't know how to articulate it but it's like they're designed to look pretty first and gameplay is a distant second. and also they're not designed for any particular mode so they just kind of suck at all of them. also minimal cover or concealment (that actually works) when crossing the map, unlike older games

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I could never get into a ground war game, hopefully it will be a more popular mode.

Shoot the Ship 24/7 baybee (with a couple other small maps like the one in london picadilly and the one with the warehouses - that does not narrow it down I realize)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

BLOPS:CW sucked, never played Vanguard but the rest were great and IW are GOATed

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Just got a hilarious crash on Chorus.

https://imgur.com/a/gdGHxKs

Gonna be a pain upgrading the video memory on my Series X.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 8, 2022

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Just got a hilarious crash on Chorus.

https://imgur.com/a/gdGHxKs

Gonna be a pain upgrading the video memory on my Series X.

Well did you try closing other applications

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Smugworth posted:

Well did you try closing other applications

I had 40 tabs open in Edge, that'll be it!

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
gameplay redefined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PlayStation still getting first crack at the beta too. $69 billion well spent.