Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Arist posted:

Go to the Wolves' Den Pier, click on the PVP Profile action, and set your skills to your PVP hotbar. They're in the "Job" section.

Kind of bullshit that it does not tell you this but I am not interested in dying on that hill.

I am interested in dying on the hill in Crystal Conflict once I get my bars sorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
they completely redid all jobs in pvp when they added CC in 6.1, so if the last time you did pvp was before then your hotbars won't be set up properly

KoB
May 1, 2009

Thundarr posted:

I don't think Omega was intended as meta-commentary. But at a few points I kinda got that impression, just a little.

A cute little quest.

It was really sweet. I hope we can catch up with Omega periodically.

E: i wonder if Omega will talk to you now if you find them out in the world.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Unlucky7 posted:

Kind of bullshit that it does not tell you this but I am not interested in dying on that hill.

I am interested in dying on the hill in Crystal Conflict once I get my bars sorted.

You literally had to go Wolves Den Pier to unlock Crystal Conflict before you could queue for it. When you zone in to Wolves Den Pier, it literally tells you you’re being switch to PvP hot bars. If you didn’t notice that you had a whole different set of unusable abilities, that’s on you. Don’t blame the game for you not paying attention.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Grem posted:

Holy poo poo I stopped playing this game like ten years ago. But I'm a teacher now...and it's summer. If I were to somehow log back in what would I have to do to "catch up" I guess? I was in the goon guild, is that still around? I had a house but I know that's long gone, but they were kinda new when I stopped.

Nothing, you can just continue to chug along the MSQ. You probably will need to completely revamp your hotbars and will have some fun historical items in your inventory though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

hopeandjoy posted:

Nothing, you can just continue to chug along the MSQ. You probably will need to completely revamp your hotbars and will have some fun historical items in your inventory though.

And depending where in the MSQ you stopped you will be asked to care about people you've completely forgotten.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mordiceius posted:

You literally had to go Wolves Den Pier to unlock Crystal Conflict before you could queue for it. When you zone in to Wolves Den Pier, it literally tells you you’re being switch to PvP hot bars. If you didn’t notice that you had a whole different set of unusable abilities, that’s on you. Don’t blame the game for you not paying attention.

Well, I was able to queue into CC, without going into Wolves Den first. Which is why I was confused.

Yes, I was dumb, but don't be a loving rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: I guess what was intended was that I go to Wolves Den, talk to the one dude for CC, then I would be able to queue. Not sure why I was able to queue right away then.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 8, 2022

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Grem posted:

Holy poo poo I stopped playing this game like ten years ago. But I'm a teacher now...and it's summer. If I were to somehow log back in what would I have to do to "catch up" I guess? I was in the goon guild, is that still around? I had a house but I know that's long gone, but they were kinda new when I stopped.

Assuming you played during 1.0, that is before the big relaunch, I'm afraid you'll have to suffer enjoying a half decent JRPG for many hours, and then play its expansion, several excellent JRPGs for many, many more hours. :v:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Well, I was able to queue into CC, without going into Wolves Den first. Which is why I was confused.

EDIT: I guess what was intended was that I go to Wolves Den, talk to the one dude for CC, then I would be able to queue. Not sure why I was able to queue right away then.

It just means you went there and unlocked it and completely forgot you did. Which makes sense.

Because otherwise the answer is you knew there was a new PVP mode and paid attention to none of the info out there that everything was getting a ground-up revamp but still decided to queue up for it, meaning you literally jumped into a new game where you needed to work with other people and decided to just not read the rules, thus sabotaging your entire team. This would mean you're enough of a PVP afficianado to be fine queueing up for a completely new game mode blind but not enough of one to pay attention to literally everything else attached to it. That would be absolutely asinine and nonsensical.

Just take the L and admit you hosed up and forgot, it happens. No need to insist your particular copy of the game is haunted or whatever.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Because you were probably grandfathered in because you had the Feast Unlocked.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Actually forget it. It was dumb. I was dumb. I screwed up and came in hot, and I apologize. Lets all move on. Or I will try to at least.

CC is pretty cool btw.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 8, 2022

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Now I'm thinking we're gonna get volleyball instead of blitzball.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Assuming you played during 1.0, that is before the big relaunch, I'm afraid you'll have to suffer enjoying a half decent JRPG for many hours, and then play its expansion, several excellent JRPGs for many, many more hours. :v:

It was definitely 2.0. Houses were a new thing and they were expanding the neighborhoods cause so many people bought them. That's about all I remember.

E: before Dark knights or whatever. Anyways, gonna try to jump on tonight, should be... Interesting

Grem fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 8, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Any tips for CC for WAR? I think I am into it.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Hellioning posted:

Because you were probably grandfathered in because you had the Feast Unlocked.

that isn't a thing anyway, I had Feast unlocked and it still made me go talk to the dude to unlock CC.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Griz posted:

that isn't a thing anyway, I had Feast unlocked and it still made me go talk to the dude to unlock CC.

I haven't gone to the PvP area in forever and I was just able to queue for a CC match, so.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Any tips for CC for WAR? I think I am into it.

Do not use Primal Rend to jump into the fight. Save it to finish off a low HP player.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tamba posted:

Do not use Primal Rend to jump into the fight. Save it to finish off a low HP player.

How about Orogeny and Onslaught? Having a bit of trouble with those skills as they drain HP.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Red Metal posted:

they completely redid all jobs in pvp when they added CC in 6.1, so if the last time you did pvp was before then your hotbars won't be set up properly

Brand new characters entering Wolves Den will also be given a hotbar full of the unusable old abilities for some reason so it is a legitimately weird way to have PVP set up for a first timer.

EDIT: ....unless being made before the PVP changes but never entering PVP bar areas still counts has 'having a pre-setup pvp bar' which is a possibility, but I don't feel like grinding up yet another alt to find out.

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 8, 2022

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh my god my character is stuck in a loving bikini I forgot so much about what a weirdo I was 10 years ago....how do I undo transmog stuff?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Grem posted:

Oh my god my character is stuck in a loving bikini I forgot so much about what a weirdo I was 10 years ago....how do I undo transmog stuff?

You can buy a https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/6d5e25c2fb9/?patch= glamour dispeller from one of many vendors, you'll need at least 2-3 to remove your bikini glam depending on if you glammed your shoes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh no a bikini :v:

Welcome (back) to FF14

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah only freaks wear *checks notes* swimwear?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

game for perverts

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

They'll fit right in at the Limsa aetherite. :v:

Xun posted:

Yeah only freaks wear *checks notes* swimwear?

Yes, but do you tank Titan in a bikini?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

They'll fit right in at the Limsa aetherite. :v:

Yes, but do you tank Titan in a bikini?

If he's wearing a banana hammock, I might as well match.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just lmao if one of your glamor plates isn't a bikini glam

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/vitaminohm/status/1534378798657019904

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Is there a good open tourney guide for Gold Saucer? I'm trying super hard to win one and I keep sucking. After I think like 12 tourneys, my highest is second. Ugh.

Edit: Right after I post I get an all NPC tourney and win. Complaining works!

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 8, 2022

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Just lmao if one of your glamor plates isn't a bikini glam

I'm playing dancer right now, so my main glam is bikini-with-bells-and-whistles and she is :sparkles: The Prettiest Princess :sparkles:

Dance around throwing razor blade frisbees in a skimpy outfit while buffing your party.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I really want the casting veil from the stormblood raid series, gonna have the belly dancerist BLU

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010
The PVP hot bar defaults are definitely bullshit. I just unlocked a new class last week and the hotbar starts with a full set of grayed out obsolete abilities instead of the current ones.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
the games default hotbars are always a mess. even if they were up to date on abilities you know it'd be a hosed up mix of home point, sprint, three different greetings, the rejuv potion, and a ranged attack. you'd have to reset the bars anyway to do anything

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Is there a text command to just completely clear hotbars?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

the games default hotbars are always a mess. even if they were up to date on abilities you know it'd be a hosed up mix of home point, sprint, three different greetings, the rejuv potion, and a ranged attack. you'd have to reset the bars anyway to do anything

Don't forget the button to open their out-of-game hub site in your web browser.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
can't inspect the inspector's dilz, 2/10

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Griz posted:

I'm diamond in CC and I still haven't talked to the guy that unlocks it. Most people really are able to just queue for it without going to the pier.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Grem posted:

lmao my summoner is literally glammed after a 2000s era hentai anime i think you'll be fine

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Deviant posted:

lmao my summoner is literally glammed after a 2000s era hentai anime i think you'll be fine

post username combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Kitfox88 posted:

post username combo

:quagmire: