Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
The boys season 2: you played my butt like jazz

The boys season 3: you used my dick like a gwar concert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The theme they seem to be going hard on, so far, to my dumb eyes at least is power. What with multiple people basically looking at the camera and talking about who, really, has power and the long shots of homelander looking ready to blow a gasket any time he's shown to be impotent and powerless because the only people who listened to him were those lower on the corporate ladder than he was. Meanwhile you have Hughie acting like a turd when he feels weak and helpless next to his awesome girlfriend and the stability of his new life gets rugpulled out from under him, trying to reclaim control and power of his life in the only way he knows how to anymore, and has since season one. Culminating with Butcher unsubtly becoming the very thing he hates in pursuit of a thing that, allegedly, will give him the power to kill all those people who are stronger than he is complete with someone telling him he's just like that guy he also hates: his dad.

Fun three episodes, they seem to be borrowing more and more directly from the comics for plot beats at the moment but still change them enough that it's hard to predict for sure what will happen.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Claudia Doumit got a tan since filming concluded and looks EXACTLY like Mia Khalifa in all of their promotional reels for the show coming out now and boy HOWDY is that crossing some wires!!!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Watch out or she'll make your head explode :wink:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Bust Rodd posted:

Claudia Doumit got a tan since filming concluded and looks EXACTLY like Mia Khalifa in all of their promotional reels for the show coming out now and boy HOWDY is that crossing some wires!!!!

Who and who?

ninja edit: Oh! And.....oh.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

christmas boots posted:

Bezos is building a giant body for his mind to be transferred into, and this will be its penis.

Bezos stealth funding Community season 6 confirmed.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Nuebot posted:

The theme they seem to be going hard on, so far, to my dumb eyes at least is power. What with multiple people basically looking at the camera and talking about who, really, has power and the long shots of homelander looking ready to blow a gasket any time he's shown to be impotent and powerless because the only people who listened to him were those lower on the corporate ladder than he was. Meanwhile you have Hughie acting like a turd when he feels weak and helpless next to his awesome girlfriend and the stability of his new life gets rugpulled out from under him, trying to reclaim control and power of his life in the only way he knows how to anymore, and has since season one. Culminating with Butcher unsubtly becoming the very thing he hates in pursuit of a thing that, allegedly, will give him the power to kill all those people who are stronger than he is complete with someone telling him he's just like that guy he also hates: his dad.

Fun three episodes, they seem to be borrowing more and more directly from the comics for plot beats at the moment but still change them enough that it's hard to predict for sure what will happen.

The cynical thing is that, at least as of the end of episode 3, Butcher is correct. Vought has been playing them like fiddles, the regulatory agency for dealing with superhuman excess is bought & paid for, and there is no humane solution to a problem like Homelander. So far the message of the show seems to be "don't be lovely or sadistic as you dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed."

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

The Boys Season 3: Brought to you by Woke Wok!

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Twigand Berries posted:

The Boys Season 3: Brought to you by Woke Wok!

The Boys Season 3: Good grief.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Yeah so far Butcher has been 1000% right about everything aside from being mean to the kid.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

AnEdgelord posted:

Yeah so far Butcher has been 1000% right about everything aside from being mean to the kid.

Isn't that standard for getting rid a fawning kid? Being cruel? I thought that was just what is done.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Twigand Berries posted:

Isn't that standard for getting rid a fawning kid? Being cruel? I thought that was just what is done.

Go to therapy and do not have children thnx

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

AnEdgelord posted:

Nah he's wrong about all supes being the same. He didn't need to kill Mesmer or Gunpowder but he took out his anger and frustration on them because he's a psycho. He also shot Starlight with a .50cal rifle. Twice

But yeah in the fight against supes in the service of capitalism he's correct that you can't rely on the government or law enforcement or voting to fix the problem. Homelander is literally a god and unless Edgar really does have some button he can press to keep him in check then the only way to solve all these problems is by killing Homelander and Neuman and Edgar and Ashley and everyone else keeping the money train going

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Mesmer reached out proactively to betray the entire group to Homelander, and Gunpowder was a loving psychopath who tried to murder Butcher twice before getting owned, they both had it coming.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
ASAB

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if they'll deal with Homelander in the same way as the comics, but I am sure Hughie will kill Butcher like in the comics

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Wheeee posted:

Mesmer reached out proactively to betray the entire group to Homelander, and Gunpowder was a loving psychopath who tried to murder Butcher twice before getting owned, they both had it coming.

Mesmer had his arm broken by Kimiko when he was just trying to help them and then Butcher threatened to kill him if he told anyone. Yeah he was also selfishly trying to climb out of obscurity by ratting them out to Homelander but he wasn't an evil piece of poo poo

Gunpowder only tried to kill Butcher because Butcher tried to blackmail him and was following him around like a creep

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

I'm not sure if they'll deal with Homelander in the same way as the comics, but I am sure Hughie will kill Butcher like in the comics

You keep trying to push this comic spoiler like every single page seems like you are just trying to trick people into seeing it at this point.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

All the comic spoiler discussion is tedious. Black Noir being different is entirely irrelevant.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The boys season 2: you played my butt like jazz

The boys season 3: we did a LOT of butt stuff

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
They're absolutely doing a plot arc where Butcher goes off the deep end (because Amazon's never going to let his smash the system rhetoric stand), but I don't think he's done anything particularly bad so far this season.

Gunpowder would have talked if he was let go, there was no way Butcher would have let him leave that parking complex alive. And he was a psycho actively promoting the Vought death machine. gently caress him and his sad backstory.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Did gunpowder even have powers? All I can think of is that trick shot he did, but even that only grazed Butcher.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Panfilo posted:

Did gunpowder even have powers? All I can think of is that trick shot he did, but even that only grazed Butcher.

I doubt Vaught would have kept a non-super around. He was probably bullseye-ish

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

You keep trying to push this comic spoiler like every single page seems like you are just trying to trick people into seeing it at this point.

It's not even a revelation, it's the obvious thing to do with these characters and their relationships. Nobody will be shocked or surprised if that happens in the show

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

People couldn't help themselves but talk about book spoilers in the Wheel of Time TV IV thread too :shrug:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Gunpowder’s power was sexy sidekick

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Azhais posted:

I doubt Vaught would have kept a non-super around. He was probably bullseye-ish

We did see him ricochetting a bullet around the car park in that first fight with Butcher.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I was finally able to watch all 3 eps. I'm really interested in this mission to figure out what happened to Soldier Boy, and enjoyed the 80s flashback to Nicaragua. I am also really surprised at this show's ability to make me feel bad for The Deep in spite of how much of a rapey piece of poo poo he really is. Eating Timothy... I was shocked at how bothered I was by that whole thing.

Anyhow, loving it so far.

As for Gunpowder's powers, according to a wiki I found, he's got super-sight (aim!), incredibly durable and enhanced marksmanship. Which seems fairly tame for a super team? But it was the 80s and we don't really know how many supes existed, so maybe the road to being on top of the mountain was a lot shorter.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

I think I mentioned it twice now?

The fates of the rest of The Boys as compared to the comics are very interesting too. I imagine they'll go in a very different direction there.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Doronin posted:

I was finally able to watch all 3 eps. I'm really interested in this mission to figure out what happened to Soldier Boy, and enjoyed the 80s flashback to Nicaragua. I am also really surprised at this show's ability to make me feel bad for The Deep in spite of how much of a rapey piece of poo poo he really is. Eating Timothy... I was shocked at how bothered I was by that whole thing.

Anyhow, loving it so far.

As for Gunpowder's powers, according to a wiki I found, he's got super-sight (aim!), incredibly durable and enhanced marksmanship. Which seems fairly tame for a super team? But it was the 80s and we don't really know how many supes existed, so maybe the road to being on top of the mountain was a lot shorter.
His aim was poo poo when he was firing that machine gun though!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
A-Train's gonna kill Homelander

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Think Homelander is faster than A-Train in his prime? Outrunning an explosion is pretty fast.

I like to think that he is faster, and he has to watch the speedsters run a big race every year anyway for marketing reasons.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
The thing Ackles said no too, was it noncing gunpowder? Hazing that went too far, sound a bit tame for this show.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Also Supersonic is not a good guy, he knows very well if Homelander wants to anything at all to Starlight there isn't a thing he can do but look away.

He wants on the 7, end of story.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Panfilo posted:

His aim was poo poo when he was firing that machine gun though!

His aim was good, he just didn't care who he was shooting at.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

PostNouveau posted:

Think Homelander is faster than A-Train in his prime? Outrunning an explosion is pretty fast.

I like to think that he is faster, and he has to watch the speedsters run a big race every year anyway for marketing reasons.

Yes

Homelander is Superman, he’s vastly stronger, faster, and more durable than anyone else known to exist in the show’s reality; Ryan is hinted at maybe growing up to be as strong/stronger. He saunters around eye lasering people because he’s lazy and doesn’t have to give a poo poo about actually trying

The audience hasn’t seen the extent of Homelander’s power directly, just the implications arising from things like his being able to scoop Butcher out of a house faster than an explosion occurring right next to him, and the absolute terror that characters like Maeve and Starlight, who we’ve seen easily punching holes in brick walls and standing up unharmed from multiple .50cal rounds to the chest, have toward him and his ability to manhandle them like toddlers

That’s his narrative role, Homelander isn’t the strongest supe in a first among equals sense, he’s on his own level, basically an unstoppable force of nature the other characters have to play around because he’s impossible to confront directly, barring the reveal of some magic macguffin or heretofore unknown character

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Yeah he was too busy jizzing over the big boom boom gun to care.

Woops talking about gunpowder there.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Loved him just casually talking about taking out DC and NYC. Miracleman vibes.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I’m surprised they haven’t given hughie a big ol’ thumb up the bum yet,although like most of the comic stuff it amounted to zilch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Sab669 posted:

People couldn't help themselves but talk about book spoilers in the Wheel of Time TV IV thread too :shrug:

:siren: Spoiler Cops are on the case! :siren:

I remember back when I first started lurking there was a creepy image thread that had a comment: "I swear there will be a day when a goon loudly complains about being afraid of their own shadow, in a shadow thread."