Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The glory days of Nouchateau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
More spurs rumours:

- Djed Spence is close.
- Conte really wants Scamacca the big striker from sassuolo.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

updated noises from the united camp are that when rangnick said that united needed to sign ten players, he didn't mean now, he meant that united will probably sign at least ten players in the future

they're instead confident that ten hag can get improved performances out of the existing players, which is definitely not something that should remind you of the part in portal 2 where wheatley tries to get the boxes with legs to solve puzzles

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

updated noises from the united camp are that when rangnick said that united needed to sign ten players, he didn't mean now, he meant that united will probably sign at least ten players in the future

they're instead confident that ten hag can get improved performances out of the existing players, which is definitely not something that should remind you of the part in portal 2 where wheatley tries to get the boxes with legs to solve puzzles

I mean, Ten Hag won the Dutch league by a whole 2 points with a team that is worth only 2 times as much as the next team, so i can see where this idea is coming from

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i have quite literally no idea why every club is seemingly enamored with scammaca

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

i have quite literally no idea why every club is seemingly enamored with scammaca

he's good :shrug:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
If he's anything like Lalo he'll be killer

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

interesting new idea from man utd, lets see if it works out

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Hearing more noises from the United camp and it sounds like a smackhead having his first poo poo in about three weeks

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tbp posted:

Plays for a team willing to sell
Probably pretty cheap compared to domestic players (excluding Milan, Inter, etc obviously)
Is 23
And yeah he’s pretty good

E: he’s also 2 meters tall or something like that.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 5, 2022

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

tbp posted:

I don't know, what Scammaca with you?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

This had better include the likes of Garner and Laird or I'll make a face. We still need a loving 6 and a centre back. Arguably full backs on both sides too.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Big Jimmy Milner has signed a contract extension and that’s a DONE DEAL:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/1533795089289461761

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Silly Season off to a fitting start as Gareth Bale is being linked with a move to ...... Cardiff:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61707688

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Xabi posted:

Big Jimmy Milner has signed a contract extension and that’s a DONE DEAL:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/1533795089289461761

another year of dominating the lactate test

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Silly Season off to a fitting start as Gareth Bale is being linked with a move to ...... Cardiff:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61707688

That's been the leading rumour for a while. Cardiff to prepare for the World Cup, retirement if we didn't qualify.

He's not really good enough to get the minutes he needs in the PL between now and November. Bottom half sides won't be able to carry him.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Has he actually dropped off that much? He's 32 and was decent enough for Spurs twelve months ago.

Feels more like he's reached the David Bentley point of having enough money (and European Cups) saved up to not give a poo poo about getting up first thing in the afternoon to go to training any more

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Has he actually dropped off that much? He's 32 and was decent enough for Spurs twelve months ago.

Feels more like he's reached the David Bentley point of having enough money (and European Cups) saved up to not give a poo poo about getting up first thing in the afternoon to go to training any more

Fully fit maybe he's still a top 4 player but he's not been fully fit for literally years so the Championship is the ideal level for him to choose when he plays and try to style on good-not-great defenders.

He did a good job for Spurs but 900 minutes over a full season isn't what the doctor orders if we're to win the World Cup. If he's not fit Brennan Johnson is coming for his position.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sassassin posted:

Fully fit maybe he's still a top 4 player but he's not been fully fit for literally years so the Championship is the ideal level for him to choose when he plays and try to style on good-not-great defenders.

He did a good job for Spurs but 900 minutes over a full season isn't what the doctor orders if we're to win the World Cup. If he's not fit Brennan Johnson is coming for his position.

lmao

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

you laugh now, but will you be laughing when wales inevitably crash out in the group stages? probably

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It took Pele to stop us last time we were at a World Cup. Realistically who is up to his level in the modern game?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sassassin posted:

It took Pele to stop us last time we were at a World Cup. Realistically who is up to his level in the modern game?

All of the Americans, if some posters are to be believed.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

what a game Wales had against Denmark at the euros, surely this time they'll win

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

tbp posted:

you laugh now, but will you be laughing when wales inevitably crash out in the group stages? probably

They’ve always got out of their group though

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

sassassin posted:

They are up against the Lebron James of soccer this time soooooo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1534475345428086784

Also the Bastoni chat seems to be ramping up again and sounds promising.

I am not used to all this early transfer activity as a spurs fan.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1534490432721272833?s=20&t=Glv71F1epWGnxgowzvxQdQ

Sound the Derisory Bid Klaxon

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think 3 door balloons for an aging striker is perfectly reasonable!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Total Meatlove posted:

They’ve always got out of their group though

well "always" it was like 60 years ago

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Bayern bulking up transfer deals with unachievable milestones like I did in Football Manager 2014

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Supposedly Liverpool are looking at signing Darwin Nunez from Benfica as a Mane replacement, but he'll cost like 85 million pounds

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I feel like Liverpool spending 85mil on a player with 1 good season is very out of character.

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1534565932802224128
done deal on Rasmus Kristensen.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Love my new kryten headed full back. An allegedly £10m fee seems like a great deal tbh

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
He has shown great form on the Danish national team as well.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Roma needs some good transfers this summer, if only for their social media team to drop some bonkers announcement videos

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Liverpool breaking their transfer record seems pretty unlikely unless they get stupid money back from the Mané and Minamino transfers. Klopp loves Núñez though.

quote:

'Extremely good looking boy, huh? And a decent player as well. Really good, really good.

'I knew before, of course, but he played pretty much in front of me with his tough battles with Ibrahima Konate (in the first leg).

'He was physically strong, quick, was calm around his finish. Good, really good. I always say in these situations if he is healthy, it’s a big career ahead of him.'

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

TheRat posted:

I feel like Liverpool spending 85mil on a player with 1 good season is very out of character.

yeah i'm not super enamored with this transfer tbh but it looks like its gonna happen so i hope i'm just proven wrong

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I want Liverpool to spend £85m on Calvin Ramsay instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Spend the money on Raphinha so Barca stop trying to pay the fee with Spotify gift cards