Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

bamhand posted:

They always give you a 4 dollar discount if you hit cancel first right? Honestly that's a pretty good haul at ~$9 bucks.
Yeah I'll prob do this for Phoenix Point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Speaking of, I picked it up Phoenix Point a while ago but didn't get very far into it before losing interest (didn't find it nearly as compelling as XCOM.) Has it gotten any better in thr last six months or so? Should I wait for mods on the steam workshop?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone else able to install this steam://run/1569700

I'm trying to install Hero Realms which just left beta, and I can not loving get it to actually install :mad:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

bamhand posted:

They always give you a 4 dollar discount if you hit cancel first right? Honestly that's a pretty good haul at ~$9 bucks.

I had no idea that they did that.

I'm assuming it's a once time thing ?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm trying to install Hero Realms which just left beta, and I can not loving get it to actually install :mad:

It just quickly pops open a prompt which disappears and refreshs page.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Gorn Myson posted:

Introversion, the guys behind Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON and Prison Architect have unveiled their new game The Last Starship, where you build your own starship and then take it around the galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a3vn4q3gsM

Its a twenty minute long video, and they do repeatedly emphasise that even when they do go into early access later this year that its still very early days, but so far it looks promising.

gently caress yeah, this is one to watch and wait for.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

OgNar posted:

It just quickly pops open a prompt which disappears and refreshs page.

Thanks, it's doing exactly the same for me

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gorn Myson posted:

Introversion, the guys behind Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON and Prison Architect have unveiled their new game The Last Starship, where you build your own starship and then take it around the galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a3vn4q3gsM

Its a twenty minute long video, and they do repeatedly emphasise that even when they do go into early access later this year that its still very early days, but so far it looks promising.

I was wondering what they've been up to

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Link worked just fine for me

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Link worked just fine for me

Now it works for me :sigh: Thanks guys

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

fit em all up in there posted:

I had no idea that they did that.

I'm assuming it's a once time thing ?

I've definitely used it multiple times. Can't guarantee it will work every month though.

e: Got it two months in a row but one was for $4 and the other was for $2.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 8, 2022

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

sebmojo posted:

lol what a bunch of dorks

glad they've got something they're happy with, i think they've struggled to get stuff out the door in the past.

They have a whole bunch of videos on their YouTube channel about the failed prototypes they've worked on in the past few years. Some of them seem extremely cool.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I imagine IntroVersion really hit it big with Prison Architect (Darwinia and DEFCON probably sold well too), given how quiet they've been for the last decade. Shame they never released that Cyberpunk Heist title. Spaceship game looks cool, though!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

From what I can tell this isn't actually out now, so maybe the video dropped early? Though most of what I heard is the game is bad, and not fun-bad like the first. Just bad-bad.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1534515319598743552

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
It also had some transphobic scenes, which were patched, but apparently unsatisfactorily? I have not played, but I recall the controversy.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Magnetic North posted:

It also had some transphobic scenes, which were patched, but apparently unsatisfactorily? I have not played, but I recall the controversy.

My (second-hand) understanding is that Swery stripped out a few of the more :yikes:bits but refused to budge on some others, possibly because Japan handles stuff about deadnames fundamentally differently. Pretty sure most of the heat was coming from trans twitter which like pretty much every discourse circle can be a bit...overwhelming and the language barrier probably didn't help either.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 8, 2022

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

York deadnames them in the course of the investigation and misgenders them occasionally, but most of the time this is in the context of the investigation and referring to actions while the trans woman was presenting as male. There are IIRC a couple occasions where they gently caress up outside of this, but York also goes on about how important it is to treat marginalised people well, so I put it down to a few script fuckups and poor localisation rather than out and out transphobia. Mistakes rather than malice.

The patches just removed some voice lines and made them awkwardly silent.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Anno posted:

From what I can tell this isn't actually out now, so maybe the video dropped early? Though most of what I heard is the game is bad, and not fun-bad like the first. Just bad-bad.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1534515319598743552

Gone. Which game are talking about?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Jagged Jim posted:

Gone. Which game are talking about?

Deadly Premonition 2 on PC.

This game runs extremely badly on the Nintendo Switch, which was the unique platform it was developed for, so all bets are off on how badly, and I mean really badly, they will port this to the PC ecosystem.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

as expected, COD is returning to steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1938090/Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_II/

rip battlenet (eventually)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
So like is this a remake/reimagining of the 2009 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? Why do they have the same name but don't seem to acknowledge it at all??

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they made so many cods they ran out of numbers and had to start over from 1

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

repiv posted:

as expected, COD is returning to steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1938090/Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_II/

rip battlenet (eventually)

Called it, I knew this would happen with Microsoft buying Activision. They made Bethesda drop their launcher too and brought everything over to Game Pass and Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also $70 USD for the PC version lol.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
$109.95 AUD
Nothing has changed.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Well yeah, war never changes.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
It looks like Stellar Tactics which seemingly has been in early access for 6 loving years, is finally releasing chapter one.
Its been a decently playable game, at least for the 2y i've owned it.
But randomized missions can only hold your attention span for so long.

To be fair, its always been one guy making it. And its gone through some revisions on multiple occasions.

Its a tactics game that also has (non tactics) space combat, with a ton of armor/weapons parts for yourself/team and your ship.
Not sure when the update is out, its just an announcement that its finally coming up.
Just part 1 though.
He's always been intent on making the game fun and playable rather than having a fleshed out story that wasnt very fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pp-70DgC4

https://store.steampowered.com/app/465490/Stellar_Tactics/

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

MMF Freeway posted:

So like is this a remake/reimagining of the 2009 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? Why do they have the same name but don't seem to acknowledge it at all??

It's the sequel to Call of Duty Modern Warfare, which is not linked to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Modern Warfare 2 2: The Game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Called it, I knew this would happen with Microsoft buying Activision. They made Bethesda drop their launcher too and brought everything over to Game Pass and Steam.
The buyout hasn't passed official scrutiny and been approved yet, MS can't really influence Activision into doing anything until that happens.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Humble Bundle has a pretty sizeable Capcom collection up.
$20 for Monster Hunter World (base game), Devil May Cry V, Devil May Cry HD Collection (1-3), DmC, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter V (base game), Strider, and Bionic Commando (with 50% off coupons for Monster Hunter Rise and Street Fighter V Season Pass 5)

For those series, only really missing Monster Hunter World's Iceborne expansion, Devil May Cry 4, and the (other) season passes of Street Fighter V, and the summer sale is coming up this month.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just a heads up because some friends were pitching me to pick up monster hunter rise when it was on sale for 50% about a month or so ago, there's an expansion dropping for it in a month or so, capcom's trying to snooker you into picking up the base game cheap(ish) and then getting you to pay full price for the expansion, thrifty steam bargain hunters beware

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

My (second-hand) understanding is that Swery stripped out a few of the more :yikes:bits but refused to budge on some others, possibly because Japan handles stuff about deadnames fundamentally differently. Pretty sure most of the heat was coming from trans twitter which like pretty much every discourse circle can be a bit...overwhelming and the language barrier probably didn't help either.

They didn't refuse to budge on anything they didn't have the financial resources to go back in and completely redo parts of the game, so when it was pointed out, SWERY went "oh, wow, I didn't realize, I'll fix what I can" the same twitter mob that went after it then went "it's not enough you garbage transphobe, still not buying your game"

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

MMF Freeway posted:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is the sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
This has nothing to do with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Do you not own Sayonara Wild Hearts (aka "gay Rez")? Now is a good time to fix that since Fanatical has it for $6.50 today.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so long gay rezwob

is that anything

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Cowcaster posted:

they made so many cods they ran out of numbers and had to start over from 1

They can only count to 4

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Armauk posted:

They can only count to 4

https://youtu.be/u8ccGjar4Es

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If you put numbers that are too big on the end of a series you'll scare off new players. Players will be intimidated by "Call of Duty 20" if they didn't play 1 through 19.

Traditionally devs solved this problem by just adding new subtitles like Modern Warfare or Black Ops or Infinite Warfare or whatever.
But then they got lazy and stupid and decided to just start reusing names instead? Tomb raider and doom are doing the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

secretly best girl posted:

Do you not own Sayonara Wild Hearts (aka "gay Rez")? Now is a good time to fix that since Fanatical has it for $6.50 today.

This is a very good deal.