Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I wonder if it's because we're living through cyberpunk and it SUCKS. :smith:
Yeah, I think so. I think there was some brief discussion of it in F&F. I've tried to work on some premises for a cyberpunk campaign over the past couple years or so, and the tripping point is that I have a hard time imagining any faction the PCs could be a part of that isn't totally powerless or totally compromised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Not directly gaming-related but hella gaming adjacent. Satine Phoenix (Ex D&D Community Manager) and Stone Jamieson (Was literally who to me but has apparently produced a bunch of products before/with Satine), who these days seem to make a lot of their money by being influencers in the hobby and people paying to play in games with them have been exposed for being lovely people.

tl;dr they hosed over a tattoo artist they'd hired and made a lot of threats to him, said tattoo artist was also wanting to get more into the hobby professionally.

thread

https://twitter.com/nerdytattooer/status/1534402018751590400

PST fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 8, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

~\* herald of compassion */~

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

OtspIII posted:

determining the price of wheat in a fishing village versus a forest town is crunchy and cumbersome. I really don't know who it's for

Me, it's for me. I'll never use it because of who made it, and there are close enough alternatives, but if Macris wasn't Macris I would be trying to work it into games.

I also spent a while running a traveller game that was all merchant focused, stupid excessive commodity tracking in games just appeals to me for whatever reason

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 8, 2022

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
This Jamison dude sounds like an enormous prick.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Me, it's for me. I'll never use it because of who made it, and there are close enough alternatives, but if Macris wasn't Macris I would be trying to work it into games.

I also spent a while running a traveller game that was all merchant focused, stupid excessive commodity tracking in games just appeals to me for whatever reason

I absolutely get the appeal. One of my favorite parts of the OSR game I ran was how much my players cared about maintaining a positive work environment for their hirelings.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What's your take on Ultraviolet Grasslands` various economic mechanics? Do they scratch the right itch for you?

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

PST posted:

Not directly gaming-related but hella gaming adjacent. Satine Phoenix (Ex D&D Community Manager) and Stone Jamieson (Was literally who to me but has apparently produced a bunch of products before/with Satine), who these days seem to make a lot of their money by being influencers in the hobby and people paying to play in games with them have been exposed for being lovely people.

tl;dr they hosed over a tattoo artist they'd hired and made a lot of threats to him, said tattoo artist was also wanting to get more into the hobby professionally.

thread

https://twitter.com/nerdytattooer/status/1534402018751590400

Here, let's make it gaming related. Jamison and Satine are also screwing over freelancers for their D&D products!

https://twitter.com/Miss_Jess03/status/1534572319687180293

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah... I am so pissed after reading that. Who talks to people like this? gently caress that Jamison guy and Satine too. In what universe is anything like that okay?

Remember how Satine was buddies with Zak and never really walked that back at all? Remember how weird and incongruous that may have seemed at the time?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I guess nobody's going to be surprised now that Satine on her Instagram was geeking out over getting to see Jordan B. Peterson.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Imagine being lectured on professionalism by some dude LARPing as the villainous record exec from every other musician's biopic.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dawgstar posted:

I guess nobody's going to be surprised now that Satine on her Instagram was geeking out over getting to see Jordan B. Peterson.

LOL, really?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

PeterWeller posted:

Imagine being lectured on professionalism by some dude LARPing as the villainous record exec from every other musician's biopic.

Disney's Descendants-looking motherfucker

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh wow, Phoenix actually sucks? If only this had been incredibly obvious for years.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Dawgstar posted:

O my god.

You've gotta be loving kidding me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, it was on her Instagram under the stories bit so it's gone away now but it was about how they had to wait however long for the Peterson ad to pop on a billboard and were very stoked to see him.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Oh wow, Phoenix actually sucks? If only this had been incredibly obvious for years.

You don't understand, she was a woman taken advantage of and lied to by Zak, she was just as much a victim as everyone else!

Please ignore the part afterwards where she defended Mearls being awful to minorities, and the part afterwards where she defended Desborough being awful to minorities, and...

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dawgstar posted:

…in 2022?

Who the gently caress is excited about Lobsterbrain now? Even his fans aren’t

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

This one is not surprising in light of her defending mearls and being friends with pantshiter. Did she make anything people should care about anyway?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Tsilkani posted:

Please ignore the part afterwards where she defended Mearls being awful to minorities, and the part afterwards where she defended Desborough being awful to minorities, and...

That was the other thing, I remembered her defending Zak up until Mandy went public, and then came out in support of Mandy but in such a way she was absolutely not criticising Zak. But I'd forgotten her ongoing work with 'in defence of rape' Desborough.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PST posted:

That was the other thing, I remembered her defending Zak up until Mandy went public, and then came out in support of Mandy but in such a way she was absolutely not criticising Zak. But I'd forgotten her ongoing work with 'in defence of rape' Desborough.

She did the 'I am so sad mean people want to make me choose who I can be friends with' thing. Get off the cross, we need the wood.

Also chaser:

https://twitter.com/Miss_Jess03/status/1534575099206062080

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Note, both of them are 'special guests' at Origins this week.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

PST posted:

Note, both of them are 'special guests' at Origins this week.
Oh, I just love the idea of them being too busy for immediate damage control.

Excellent.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

My skin was crawling the entire time I was reading those screenshots of text messages. Absolute abuser poo poo.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
More folks coming forward. None so abuser-style as the above but yeah.

https://twitter.com/qualthis/status/1534602157688774658?t=Nb504Y9W5PjD-JmH-UVPmA&s=19

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

90s Cringe Rock posted:

But if a non-chud was to put out some kind of dream bottom-up D&D world simulator, I'd be throwing money their way.

I really like Donjon's world generator tools here: https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/demographics/ and here: https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/world/. I have no idea who the person behind it is but I hope there's no chud connection.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

dwarf74 posted:

More folks coming forward. None so abuser-style as the above but yeah.

https://twitter.com/qualthis/status/1534602558236418048
I have already been increasingly wary of the influence of tabletop influencers, but this 'do you know who i am' anime villain nonsense from a glorified idea guy towards the ACTUAL PEOPLE WRITING HIS GAME makes me so loving mad.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

dwarf74 posted:

This Jamison dude sounds like an enormous prick.

The way he demanded a formal written apology via mailed letter feels very reminiscent of some... other behaviors we've seen before.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

The way he demanded a formal written apology via mailed letter feels very reminiscent of some... other behaviors we've seen before.

Absolutely amazing that that tattoo guy kept his head through that whole exchange. I would have loving lost it. Like, holy poo poo, if you want to talk professionalism...

PST
Jul 5, 2012

GreenMetalSun posted:

Absolutely amazing that that tattoo guy kept his head through that whole exchange. I would have loving lost it. Like, holy poo poo, if you want to talk professionalism...

From what he said he was wanting to break into the industry in some way and felt that not aceding to their demands could be harmful for his career. Which is, of course, why they were doing it because that's what toxic abusive people do.

But yeah, given he'd had Post Malone as a happy customer, saying 'gently caress you' to them and the hobby would have been entirely understandable.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Maybe I'm reading into it, but demanding a written formal apology seems like a legal CYA for when you defame them, refuse to pay what you owe, etc.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Post Malone is my favorite guy just for the delta between "how terrifying you think he is based on his appearance" and "How nice he is in reality"

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Halloween Jack posted:

Maybe I'm reading into it, but demanding a written formal apology seems like a legal CYA for when you defame them, refuse to pay what you owe, etc.

"Under pain of perjury!"

:zak:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Ohh look, there's more

https://twitter.com/ThePatEdwards/status/1534594849411850240

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Everyone who bet on “actually I treated you shittily because of my PTSD, please pity me,” collect your winnings here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0MVGv5X22oKRHQc8WMmkyXFyzb9Fh4QuDxtdnhTvC1VtKpeJ1kURtntqRrNShESiDl&id=173700428

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Lmao I'm at Origins and after seeing them in the brochure I searched them just in time to find out they're as awful and insufferable as their promo pics advertise.

That FB post is the most self serving bullshit I've ever read, goddamn.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 8, 2022

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lumbermouth posted:

Everyone who bet on “actually I treated you shittily because of my PTSD, please pity me,” collect your winnings here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0MVGv5X22oKRHQc8WMmkyXFyzb9Fh4QuDxtdnhTvC1VtKpeJ1kURtntqRrNShESiDl&id=173700428

He's either only got sycophants on his friend list or he's deleting everything other than sycophancy. L M A O

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Lol "This is what accountability looks like." Sure, it looks like apologizing years later, when you get caught.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I apologize to my bootlickers for not getting away with it forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oof. That was nearly as creepy and controlling as his weird condescending bullying.

I think I need a gaslighting-to-English translator because apparently that's the only language Jamison speaks.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 8, 2022