Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

TwoPair posted:

I wonder if they're gonna have him actually say Shazam at any point. Because I feel like it immediately makes Shazam (the character) being called that look stupid... which it is, but I feel like DC might want to avoid pointing out how dumb their own naming decision was on Captain Marvel.

The Question IRL posted:

They are going to make his magic word BlackAdam. The dumbest idea.
They are going to make his magic word Mazahs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

I'm assuming he gets locked in a tomb or magic portal or something and the stinger is him showing up in modern times. Billy may or may not show up for a second there but I doubt he'd be in the main movie

Ok I watched the trailer now and more or less stand by it. Weird that it doesn't seem like it's going to be a prequel other than at the beginning, but I'd be very surprised if Shazam doesn't show up in the stinger still. It's not like they're trying to separate them, they were pretty clear about Adam existing in the Shazam movie

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Look, if The Rock had it stipulated in his contract that he couldn’t lose a fight to Vin Diesel or Jason Statham, what makes anyone think he’ll lose a fight on-screen against Zachary Levi?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vin Diesel was (and still is) the one with no losing in his contract.

In the next Fast movie supporting characters actually have to spend at least 3 minutes each talking about how big his dick is, and how 5'6 is actually the perfect male height.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1534609460009783296?s=21&t=kjj8hqys_K95b3YtyWLRBw

Just cancel the movie already, WB

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe Ezra can use super speed to deliver alcohol, weed, and LSD to everyone who sees the flash so they can forget Ezra is on screen

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Splint Chesthair posted:

Look, if The Rock had it stipulated in his contract that he couldn’t lose a fight to Vin Diesel or Jason Statham, what makes anyone think he’ll lose a fight on-screen against Zachary Levi?

I haven't really followed any Black Adam/JSA stuff before, but if he's being played up as a slightly more caustic but ultimately heroic figure, couldn't it be that old nugget where he slaps the poo poo out of Billy but is ultimately be motivated to be less terrible by his gumption?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Flash is going to move so fast in the movie that he can't be seen. That's how they're going to salvage it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I know DC loves a good dark storyline but this is too much. Sounds like Ezra needs some time off to think about things, maybe 3-5 years somewhere safe.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Super speed is a gateway drug to super LSD, super weed, and super alcohol. No excuse for super grooming, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh boy Ezra declaring that the child must identify as trans is going to become a loving right wing circlejerk nightmare.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Something should’ve been done when they attacked that woman on video, but ya know, actors get away with a lot of poo poo

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Why do parents ever let celebrities fly their kid out alone to visit distant places to hang out with said celebrities? Have we learned nothing? It's never good! There's never a good reason for it!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Somehow, in some way, I blame the Harry Potter franchise for this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Obviously it's Zack Snyder's fault

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wanna see me blow up my whole career?

Wanna see me do it again?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
One day on patrol, the Flash runs through a comically large pane of glass that two guys are carrying across the street, severely injuring his face in the process. He has to spend the first quarter of the movie with his head wrapped up like a mummy with sunglasses on. Until the midway point when Flash crosses universes, his face is healed but the the scarring and subsequent stress put on him by smashing through dimensional barriers causes him to come out looking like [conventionally attractive Hollywood lead] rather than Ezra.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Speed face-lift

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Question IRL posted:

They are going to make his magic word BlackAdam. The dumbest idea.

I also think there is a 60% chance (down from my original 99% chance) that this movie is going to end with Black Adam killing the JSA to show how bagasse and serious this stuff is.

To be fair, of the four JSA that look to feature heavily in the movie, two of them have reincarnation as a defining character trait (Fate, Hawkman).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
For forever and a day will I wonder why no one took Christian Bale aside and politely yet firmly told him, this cannot be your batman voice, please try a different approach

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

WB already said they aren't recasting the Flash

They're hoping everything cools down by the time it comes out, but Ezra keeps loving up so by the time the movie comes out, they'll probably be accused of even more and even worse things

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They can't recast the Flash because the movie is already shot.

This thing's coming out no matter what Miller does. They've sunk too much money into it not to.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

They could still choose to dump it onto HBO Max. Like I know what they’ve said before now, but if Miller keeps doing this poo poo (which I hope doesn’t happen and they get the help and support they need), they may just say gently caress the theater release costs.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They've spent too much money to recast but eventually Miller is going to put enough bad will in to tank it beyond that, theoretically. Like there's "we know they have a drinking and fighting problem but it's not worth reshooting" and there's "we know they kidnapped a minor but it's not worth reshooting".
If nothing else I could see it getting dumped onto streaming

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

They've spent too much money to recast but eventually Miller is going to put enough bad will in to tank it beyond that, theoretically. Like there's "we know they have a drinking and fighting problem but it's not worth reshooting" and there's "we know they kidnapped a minor but it's not worth reshooting".

I suspect the whole "we spent too much money on this to not release it" is banking on theatrical sales though

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Knowing how grotesque a lot of celebrities can be, it genuinely would not surprise me if we still haven't even heard the worst elements of the "I frequently fly a minor out to my foreign film shoots and get them hosed up" story yet.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Warner Bros aren't at the "All the Money in the World" stage of extensive re-shoots, but surely they are at the stage where they secretly film the "speed face-lift" scenario where the Flash suddenly is played by noted actor Johnny No-Fights* at the films end.
Right?

* = or go with Grant Gustin.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just cancel the loving movie. I'm one of the biggest flash fans I know and I can't imagine anyone wanting to see this at this point

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

That's a lot of money to shoot down the drain and I don't think WB could do that. They're gonna release it in some form. But one thing is clear, whether or not it's addressed in the film itself, MIller will not be the Flash in any other films going forward. His career is done.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

More like Flash... In the Pan!!!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This story is starting to gain traction now and I'm starting to think WB are going to have to pull the plug. The details are just so grotesque and the shitstorm that's going to ensue is way worse than getting into a fight at a bar.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

J33uk posted:

This story is starting to gain traction now and I'm starting to think WB are going to have to pull the plug. The details are just so grotesque and the shitstorm that's going to ensue is way worse than getting into a fight at a bar.

Ah ah!
Getting into multiple fights at bars.

(Like the fights weren't the worst part before this story. It was how they would get arrested for getting into a fight, get bailed and then go do it again. And again. Even Shia and Russel Crow eventually called it quits. It really seemed like Miller wanted to fight the whole state of Hawaii.)

The current stuff involving the minor is just another degree of bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beyond just being a Flash movie it's apparently key to a bunch of other stuff they have coming out.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I literally know nothing about the law so let me know if this is insane, but could a studio potentially sue an actor for causing them to scrap/re-do such a huge film. I've got to imagine most modern contracts have some sort of clause stating "do not conduct yourself in any way that brings the project into disrepute", because scrapping a film that probably costs 200 million on the basis of the actor's behaviour is a huge loss which is why I don't think they can do it. Fundamentally I don't think they can afford to just piss that money away.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can sue anyone for anything in the US. How successful it is mostly comes down to how expensive your lawyers are.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They frankly deserve to lose the money after they were caught on camera abusing someone years ago and the studio kept forging ahead with them

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 9, 2022

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They frankly deserve to lose the money after he was caught on camera abusing someone years ago and the studio kept forging ahead with him

WB can sue Ezra, his victims can sue WB. Civil suits all over the place. It'll be a veritable Civil War.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Or are they the ones who do Crisis stuff... hm. So ok, wait. Maybe instead,

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Karloff posted:

I literally know nothing about the law so let me know if this is insane, but could a studio potentially sue an actor for causing them to scrap/re-do such a huge film. I've got to imagine most modern contracts have some sort of clause stating "do not conduct yourself in any way that brings the project into disrepute", because scrapping a film that probably costs 200 million on the basis of the actor's behaviour is a huge loss which is why I don't think they can do it. Fundamentally I don't think they can afford to just piss that money away.

Often times contracts (particularly ones involving celebrities and corporations) have clauses about how you don't bring the brand into disrepute.
If WB and Erza had such a clause, you might see the contracts getting dusted down and looked at by the lawyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Karloff posted:

It's called a Morals Clause and it's a standard part of most major Hollywood contracts, but it doesn't really help the studio much in this case, because even if they sued Ezra Miller and won, and took every penny they owned, the studio still wouldn't recoup even a fraction of the cost of making the movie, or of the tens and tens of millions of dollars it would take to reshoot basically every scene to replace Ezra Miller with a different actor, and the fallout from the delays that would require.