Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Not a day action, don't modkill me, Jesus.

Aight, ok, so. If Maer is a SK this is going to be fun - mislunch, double kill tomorrow and 1/1/1, no-lunch and bloodbath by night :roflolmao:. I'd actually want to see that, winning be damned.

Anyway. I trust you, fully, tbh. I think this

Maerlyn posted:

You may wish you had shot me...:laffo: Hi my name is Alex, I'm a PGO.

This isn't a scum claim, I'm actually a survivor. My win con is just to survive to the end of the game and I win with either team. I think in the show Alex switched sides based on whichever suited him at the time so that tracks although I never watched it? I'd much rather win with town (I feel guilty about how I played in shwinn's game). I was also thinking Nep and tpink visited me; I assume Nep tried to see if I went anywhere and tpink was...doing who knows what, I'm not sure what his role would have done. Maybe it was a rolecop of sorts? I probably would have waited to see what Hal said but being your target is just funny as all hell. It did say in my PM I should keep my real identity a secret so I figured I was on someone's list.

Hal seems to know something, or he's lying, but I was actually pretty close to telling YOU in thread at night to not visit me but held off when you said you were essentially VT because I didn't want you to kill you of all people.

So yeah, Mae and Shell still not on the same side technically although I would like to win with town, and hopefully there is just 1 scum left (I don't know if they would get 4 with a dayvig and a PGO hanging around).

is as close as a post written from heart as I've seen from you as of late, lol. I don't think a SK PGO fakeclaims surv - just claim town PGO, why not. They exist.

So yeah. If we are right, we all win. If we are wrong... well, YOU win, nobody is going to NK you, and tomorrow you will be unvoteable so lol. You've kinda earned it anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
If we mislunch Lotus and I die tonight, FFS go vote Sand tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Even a double kill tonight by any means (I hope we have all kill sources identified!) would just move us to 1/1/1, so yeah, Maer would be Kingmaker, but there would be one more day.

I'm overthinking this, I'll hammer, just not sure if I want to wait for Hal or someone else to pool thoughts.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Well, alright, screw it. Let's go and not prolong this any further. Either we win here or tomorrow's LYLO and we should have Sand nailed then.

Hey Maer, if I die tonight... remember me, will you? Lol.

##vote Lotus

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

:redhammer:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Shellception posted:

Not a day action, don't modkill me, Jesus.

Aight, ok, so. If Maer is a SK this is going to be fun - mislunch, double kill tomorrow and 1/1/1, no-lunch and bloodbath by night :roflolmao:. I'd actually want to see that, winning be damned.

Anyway. I trust you, fully, tbh. I think this

is as close as a post written from heart as I've seen from you as of late, lol. I don't think a SK PGO fakeclaims surv - just claim town PGO, why not. They exist.

So yeah. If we are right, we all win. If we are wrong... well, YOU win, nobody is going to NK you, and tomorrow you will be unvoteable so lol. You've kinda earned it anyway!

If it had been anyone else looking for me I wouldn't have said anything, and honestly I would have killed you when you started earnestly mentioning how I should be voted out sooner rather than later.

I'm a bit surprised Lotus didn't pull the "I gunsmithed Mae, proving she's not a PGO" but maybe it's too risky to claim that after this much time has passed.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

If it had been anyone else looking for me I wouldn't have said anything, and honestly I would have killed you when you started earnestly mentioning how I should be voted out sooner rather than later.

Well, that was the best course of action, mathemathically speaking. We now know a few things - barring a very unexpected surprise, Lotus or Sand are scum.

(the only possibility for neither being is a redirector who could move results off the cop and into themselves, while also killing Binus. That could happen. But if that was to happen, we have no way to know or prevent it. Lotus would be redirected whatever else we said because they'd be the only living cop, so silence helped no-one but scum. We needed Hal to know Lotus' target and that could only be arranged in thread)

It's risky as gently caress to leave this in the hands of a surv and... well, had it been anyone else, I'd have been way more vocal. But the alternative, lunching you, would still leave us with a gigantic D4 mess.

I'm just an idiot, what can I say?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

I'd say you'd have killed me when you first became paranoid I could still shoot you, tbh.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Lotus Aura posted:

Quick question here, DB. Literally when? Maerlyn's the only one who asked for extra details about it.

Lotus Aura posted:

...Missed sentence at the end there:

So, basically, unless/until Hal decides to clarify what he's on about, probably not worth worrying about NAB stuff right now.

Lotus Aura posted:

Hal's thing is just confusing. The joking implication that he's scum straight up doesn't work, yeah, so then what? He tracked someone to Maer? Doubt it, Nep flipped Tracker already, and it's unlikely there' d be two. He watched Maer? I think we can all agree it's definitely not that either.

to be fair this was after Hal claimed to have knowledge of night things but before the full claim

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
well I guess I didn't need to elaborate because Lotus is dead now, but there's your answer, bye :wave:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lotus, Robert Patrick Modell, Town Aligned Gunsmith, was killed D3

It is now N3

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Awesome. gently caress me I guess, been wrong from the beginning. I'm sorry.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

At this point, it has to be Sand. Lotus wasn't lying, now we are sure of that. I wish we'd found out differently, they played a great game, but eh.

At worst we're staring at a 50-50 coin toss. I really, really doubt it, though.

We know there is no busdriver, because one scum rammed into Maer and died. For that to happen, their own target would need to have been swapped - but scums knew that. While not impossible, it'd be sloppy.

There can be a redirector. Someone who moved Nep's objective into Maer (accidentally getting Nep killed) and Lotus' objective into the remaining scum. We cannot really know, I think.

For this to be viable, tho, the NK would need to be a free action. Or four scums, but if so, we lost a good time ago.

So yeah, probably a good re-read is in order.

But the simplest answer is that Sand is scum, tbh.

I do

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I don't what I do, lol. That's some residual thought.

Hal is very very very probably town, and Lotus flipping town does confirm this. He caught the Lotus cop breadcrumb early, didn't say anything, but scums did not try to kill Lotus at any point. And they could! Hal never mentioned the crumb until he got his night results. Nobody would know he found a cop.

Maer wins whatever happens - so I guess, congratulations.

I am town.

It's Sand... or it's DB as a redirector.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Are you loving kidding me

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I think DB needs to claim.

Is it Hal who knew I was a PGO because he knew where tpink went? That doesn't explain Lotus result on Sand though. Maybe it is DB?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

The breadcrumb thing is a good point actually...so Sand or DB.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

If we mislunch Lotus and I die tonight, FFS go vote Sand tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Aye aye.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

What did Nep think of you, Maer?

(Had to be the replacing-in player, of course)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
wow ok, it's ##vote Sandwolf then (sorry lotus!!)

Lotus Aura posted:

It does also require me to, well, not suicide-by-Maerlyn. And any use from it is sorta predicated on people believing my results when I inevitably do not get nightkilled but, I dunno... it's worth a shot, maybe?

gently caress it, talking myself into this. Unless anyone has any objections I will check Sandwolf tonight.

Lotus Aura posted:

Sandwolf is a killer, man.

If you trust that, ##vote Sandwolf.

If you don't, vote me.

I, Dickard Bastardino, am Edmund Peacock (a sick motherfucker) who's only power is to vote and have sex with my mom producing freak offspring whom are both my sons and brothers.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

I think DB needs to claim.

Is it Hal who knew I was a PGO because he knew where tpink went? That doesn't explain Lotus result on Sand though. Maybe it is DB?

I think a general claim needs to happen now, yeah. Flavor probably, too, ain't nobody gonna kill you for that.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

wow ok, it's ##vote Sandwolf then (sorry lotus!!)

I, Dickard Bastardino, am Edmund Peacock (a sick motherfucker) who's only power is to vote and have sex with my mom producing freak offspring whom are both my sons and brothers.

I'd wait until day to vote but that's just me, lol.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also now I kinda regret looking that guy up. Ew.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

oops, i hope im not freaking out Votefinder's robot brain with that night vote.

I may or may not get killed this night, but yeah... Scumwolf all up in here

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Shellception posted:

What did Nep think of you, Maer?

(Had to be the replacing-in player, of course)

"Feel good about". That's the only comment Nep made about Maer, but it's pre-Grandi flip.

Given Maer didn't vote Grandi, and given Nep has both played and scummed with Maer and knows a) she is loving good scum and b) she is very very reluctant to bus, it's completely possible Nep wanted to track Maer.

Whatdya think, Mae? You know Nep way better than I do. I always seem to end up the opposite alignment from her somehow.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I can see her wanting to track me but she didn't seem to say anything about me that I can remember. It's difficult with a sub in. I was more suspicious of her (I'd have to see what she posted N1).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol I mean obviously I think it’s sand, but I guess the DB thing is possible

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

"Feel good about". That's the only comment Nep made about Maer, but it's pre-Grandi flip.

Given Maer didn't vote Grandi, and given Nep has both played and scummed with Maer and knows a) she is loving good scum and b) she is very very reluctant to bus, it's completely possible Nep wanted to track Maer.

Whatdya think, Mae? You know Nep way better than I do. I always seem to end up the opposite alignment from her somehow.

Also it’s possible whatever role enforcer is forces whoever visits them to also visit their target so Nep Nep was visiting tpink

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

I can see her wanting to track me but she didn't seem to say anything about me that I can remember. It's difficult with a sub in. I was more suspicious of her (I'd have to see what she posted N1).

Not much, I checked. I see her wanting to track you, too, though that actually doesn't tell us much - for what we know, even if a redirector was in the game, Nep could have gone for you and they could have just picked someone with no powers to move.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

Lol I mean obviously I think it’s sand, but I guess the DB thing is possible

I'm here too. Like, it's possible, if there was a redirector, if they also had a free night kill action.

Or it's possible that Lotus was right on their target, and went along with the plan from tje beginning. I kinda feel like the idea (well my idea) was to flip them and then flip their target, too, so, eh. I'd go Sand. If nothing else I cannot see much to tell them apart, and I feel like I owe Lotus to trust them.

I still want to reread some things.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

As an additional data point, we know Lotus also wasn't redirected N1. They checked tpink, and didn't see anything odd, presumably got a "can kill" result, which makes zero sense to redirect into.

Lotus Aura posted:

It is very silly, because my target was also... too convenient. I checked tpink, though, not Nep.

Toal checked Nep, and also saw nothing odd, but that one is less telling since there are more town than scum in the game anyway.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

Also it’s possible whatever role enforcer is forces whoever visits them to also visit their target so Nep Nep was visiting tpink

Who are you, Hal? Call it curiosity at this point. I think the fact that you knew there was a cop in the game, and that cop wasn't killed, nor redirected, is enough to prop you up to town status.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shell, Alien Bounty Hunter, Town Aligned Vig, was Killed N3

It is now D4

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (4): Dick Bastardly, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, Sandwolf

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 10th, 2022 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

Who are you, Hal? Call it curiosity at this point. I think the fact that you knew there was a cop in the game, and that cop wasn't killed, nor redirected, is enough to prop you up to town status.

Luther Lee Boggs

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

2 town, 1 scum, 1 me

Sand you rapscallion.

I will vote Sand as asked and promised but I am mulling the idea of a redirect and no need to blow through this very minute.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn if I could have run an action into you last night to make this lylo fair I would have. I think it’s Hal, the “medium” role is way too powerful with a dozen cops. My theory is he just got tpink’s result as his scum bud and built this theory around it.

I need to at least try and prevent Hal winning here. Motherfucker just won goose game this way.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I guess it could be DB, I’m not totally convinced it’s not, but Hal’s role with Hal’s play feels like he found a safe claim and has managed to ride that the entire game.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Honestly I think it's Sand. If it were DB he wouldn't give two shits about killing Shell and would have done so earlier. Sand and Shell are buds and Shell doesn't get to play much, I could see Sand leaving her alive.

I'm gonna reread Hal though too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh Sandwolf, such a beautiful boy, sad to see it end like this