Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Big Beef City posted:

you can't live your life constantly thinking you're gonna get smoked in the next one of these things.

Realistically even if you do, what are you going to do to not be in that situation? Never leave your home again? Fantasize about you'll do 'when the moment comes'? Neither of those is mentally healthy.

Oh I know. I am normally fine and I am going anyway. I am just annoyed that I have to even think about it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
lmao now this guy is citing the Christian Science Monitor

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

you can't live your life constantly thinking you're gonna get smoked in the next one of these things.

Realistically even if you do, what are you going to do to not be in that situation? Never leave your home again? Fantasize about you'll do 'when the moment comes'? Neither of those is mentally healthy.

*cough* mental health crisis *cough cough bang ah poo poo that was a gunshot now im dead gently caress cough*

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chief McHeath posted:

BBC you can suck my dick from the back. Go to 4chan or 8chan or "I love to see children die chan" or wherever the gently caress the place you lovely people retreat to is. Go shove a shovel up your rear end you god damned idiot.

:pwn:

Uh, what did the BBC do to this poster?
Was it Sky 1?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
If children in school were simply nice and said the Pledge of Allegiance every day I don't think we'd have these problems. - a loving idiot from Texas

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chief McHeath posted:

BBC you can suck my dick from the back. Go to 4chan or 8chan or "I love to see children die chan" or wherever the gently caress the place you lovely people retreat to is. Go shove a shovel up your rear end you god damned idiot.

I'm not real sure you understood what I was getting at. Or much of anything around you.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chief McHeath posted:

If children in school were simply nice and said the Pledge of Allegiance every day I don't think we'd have these problems. - a loving idiot from Texas

Gohmert?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

I hate having to think about it. I have reoccurring training on these topics and from going through it so many times I am always eyeing the doors to any place me and Mrs. Moron goes.

It wears down the mental health for sure.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

B-Rock452 posted:

Any gun control laws passed will be used as an excuse to further oppress minorities in this country while allowing anyone that is a white male to continue buying as many guns as they want. Republicans know that allowing right wing racists to show up at protests armed to the teeth will drive people away from protesting social justice issues.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

New York Times posted:

Speaking to the House committee, Dr. Guerrero described returning to the emergency room to horrifying sights: two children who he said had been “pulverized” and “decapitated” by bullets.

Jesus, dude. gently caress. Just like Sandy Hook. :smith:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

anyway. i am going to Too many games con in on the 25th. i am sure nothing will happen but idk shits hosed and if poo poo happens that day, just wanted to say, you folks are all cool. hopefully if poo poo happens i'll live but as a cripple, i am probably hosed. lol might get murdered so i can buy gay daemon merch and 40k poo poo.

I went to a convention over Memorial Day weekend, and while I was kinda worried about something popping off there (I always am, have been for over ten years, aha), more than anything, I felt...guilty? I guess? for running around people-watching anime nerds and stuffing my face with Nepalese food while over ten families plan funerals for their little babies.

Stupid, I know. I have no connection to any of the victims or anywhere in Texas, so refusing to have a good time due to a sad event happening elsewhere would have been pointless. It's not like a dead kid would have come back to life for every hour I stayed sulking in my hotel room instead of running around. Still, there was kind of a cloud over the whole weekend, you know?

Big Beef City posted:

I'm not real sure you understood what I was getting at. Or much of anything around you.

I think they realized you were joking, but were taking issue with you making jokes at a time like this? :shrug: I'm only a 2013 reg, but I'm pretty sure "making jokes during hosed up times" is a SA tradition, not exclusive to 4chan. I've got some horse laughs out of this thread, even through angry tears. :kiddo: Until someone in here is making cruel photoshops of the victims or whatever, I think this thread is doing alright and is joking through the anger, not doing any "4chan" poo poo.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Read After Burning posted:

Oh jesus gently caress.

:fuckoff:

thanks man i love reading tweets. great tweets. i can tell you're a connoisseur

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Senators during this hearing just non-stop screeching about how not being able to buy an automatic weapon at 18 would be "unconstitutional".

AOC: "This is internationally EMBARASSING."
:drat:

Inept posted:

thanks man i love reading tweets. great tweets. i can tell you're a connoisseur

:glomp:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Not making peace that you could be murdered by guns at any moment? Bro if you're black you gotta make peace with that when you're 12, this country loving blows!!!!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Big Beef City posted:

I do this a lot. I think about it when I go to the store, or any public place really. I also live with two kids and I think about it every day they're at school. Last week they each had events at their schools and when I went I couldn't help thinking about the possibility of the unthinkable happening and how easy it would be for it to happen.

It doesn't cause me to not do things, and I try to let the kids do their thing without being all overprotective, but it's always there in the back of my mind, because this is where I live and this is how it is.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Murdstone posted:

I do this a lot. I think about it when I go to the store, or any public place really. I also live with two kids and I think about it every day they're at school. Last week they each had events at their schools and when I went I couldn't help thinking about the possibility of the unthinkable happening and how easy it would be for it to happen.

It doesn't cause me to not do things, and I try to let the kids do their thing without being all overprotective, but it's always there in the back of my mind, because this is where I live and this is how it is.

These are the same people that said having to wear a mask was traumatic to school kids

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:nms:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1534548184088944640?s=20&t=b6XOpC7ZI2BN9HYZh3nr0A
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1534551657337462784?s=20&t=b6XOpC7ZI2BN9HYZh3nr0A

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 8, 2022

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
These republican pols are talking about how they are the REAL victims and democrats are out of control trying to exterminate them. I am so angry I am going to have a heart attack. I hate these garbage fucks so god drat much holy poo poo

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I think its fair to say guns are the most important thing to Republican voters.

Not taxes, not gay marriage, not the economy, not racial stuff, not abortion, not religion. Guns.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The second one will break your heart. Snap it in half.

Im gonna go lie down

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

pro starcraft loser posted:

Not taxes, not gay marriage, not the economy, not racial stuff, not abortion, not religion. Guns.

Ted Cruz has received at least $440k from the NRA. Steve Scalise, who had his dick and balls shot off, has received about $400k. Republicans up and down the chain are in the pocket of gun lobbyists and gun manufacturers, they'd be cutting off a source of income if they dared speak out against guns.

In addition, similar to abortion, it's very easy to politicize this and get certain people out to vote based on the fear that their guns may be taken away.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

quote:

Ramos's mother said that she had no explanation for her son's attack on the school but that he "had his reasons for doing what he did and please don't judge him.

:wtc:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No actually I do think he can be judged in this instance. I think this is one of 'those things' that people are able to make judgements about, yes.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Big Beef City posted:

No actually I do think he can be judged in this instance. I think this is one of 'those things' that people are able to make judgements about, yes.

Also for literal years he was torturing stray cats on Yubo or whatever the gently caress that social media app he used is called. People reported him to Yubo hundreds of times and they legit did nothing. They didn't even suspend his account. Same when he started making death threats. Not sure why this isn't bigger news.

pro starcraft loser posted:

"Unlike libs we don't live in fear!"

*is scared to go to movie theaters without murder weapon in pocket*

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Jesus loving Christ... That girl's retelling. How in the hell can you watch that and not reconsider that maybe this is hosed and shouldn't be this way?

How broken do you have to be? The money doesn't loving matter. These are children. gently caress.

gently caress.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Partner teaches, and I've set it up so I get all the lockdown alerts for their district, even the internal poo poo that doesn't get reported.

Every time my heart loving stops and then goes back up to 200% as the adrenaline spikes and I try to figure out whats up. Please god, don't let it be this time.

Because I *know* they wouldn't run. They would do every last thing in their power to defend, and would accept the likely outcome of that before the kids could be hurt and they wouldn't even think about it. gently caress. I hate this poo poo.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

There have been a lot of attempts to look at whether the federal assault weapons ban actually had an effect and it's one of those things that is hard to study, so you have a lot of inconclusive or contradictory results. So it's even easier if you are getting NRA kickbacks to broadly say "gun control doesn't work" which is why the ban wasn't renewed and by the way it was also prompted by a school shooting to begin with. It's disengenuos no matter what, but this is why these politicians probably don't feel guilty for doing nothing, they read some articles by Levitt so they think they know better.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

There have been a lot of attempts to look at whether the federal assault weapons ban actually had an effect and it's one of those things that is hard to study, so you have a lot of inconclusive or contradictory results. So it's even easier if you are getting NRA kickbacks to broadly say "gun control doesn't work" which is why the ban wasn't renewed and by the way it was also prompted by a school shooting to begin with. It's disengenuos no matter what, but this is why these politicians probably don't feel guilty for doing nothing, they read some articles by Levitt so they think they know better.

The CDC is prohibited from studying gun violence because this country is a mountain of burning garbage.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

but this is why these politicians probably don't feel guilty for doing nothing, they read some articles by Levitt so they think they know better.

Or they know it's loving bull and they just don't care. About human children. I cannot wrap my mind around this.

How can a person live without any conscience at all?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Butcher posted:

Jesus loving Christ... That girl's retelling. How in the hell can you watch that and not reconsider that maybe this is hosed and shouldn't be this way?

How broken do you have to be? The money doesn't loving matter. These are children. gently caress.

gently caress.
Because I can easily see through this blatant emotional manipulation :smug:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Butcher posted:

Or they know it's loving bull and they just don't care. About human children. I cannot wrap my mind around this.

How can a person live without any conscience at all?

They're put in a position of authority over other people, which they very much enjoy.
And they're being paid from a variety of sources, handsomely, specifically NOT to solve these issues.
They, in some instances, do not feel that these other people's children count as fully human. Either due to race or financial stratification. They're literally not worth caring about.

So you have someone being given, money, power, and authority over life and death of people they already feel better than.

This shouldn't be THAT confusing as to how this goes to their heads and how this combination has gone to MANY people's heads throughout literally all of human history.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think one of the problems is we get caught up with banning the AR-15s and poo poo and the gun nut politicians love to take this and run with it because empirically speaking handguns are the real problem so it really is easy to say "gun control doesn't work" if you just conflate it with an assault weapon ban

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

how many levels of liberal utilitarianism are you on?

you are like a tiny baby; watch this

https://twitter.com/RealGregorad/status/1534608184727547905?s=20&t=kJjTfsxpsHQ8uKZ_Xde5Ig

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Blooster posted:

Also for literal years he was torturing stray cats on Yubo or whatever the gently caress that social media app he used is called. People reported him to Yubo hundreds of times and they legit did nothing. They didn't even suspend his account. Same when he started making death threats. Not sure why this isn't bigger news.

Off-brand social media confuses and frightens the TV pundit class and their boomer audience.

"Yubo? I haven't heard of that! I just learned how to Google my Tweeter, I need my grandson to come over and program the clicker again."

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

handguns are the real problem so it really is easy to say "gun control doesn't work" if you just conflate it with an assault weapon ban
This is one of the biggest issues and is not a good look for libs re racism.

A lot more nonwhite kids are dying from pistols in poor neighborhoods than are dying by assault weapons in dramatic school shootings.

Dems need to sack up and realize that their odds of banning just assault weapons are not much better than banning all semiautos and just go for the semiauto ban. It will take decades/generations to get it to pass, but fuckit, start now because it's not like anything else is going to happen, and the results will actually be dramatic instead of wasting time picking at the edges.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I'm not sure people at large really "get" that children are literally blown apart into grotesque bloody parodies of human form when they're shot with weapons meant to kill adultsdeer and hordes of wild hogs

christ

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

"Thoughts and Prayers"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

how many levels of liberal utilitarianism are you on?

you are like a tiny baby; watch this

https://twitter.com/RealGregorad/status/1534608184727547905?s=20&t=kJjTfsxpsHQ8uKZ_Xde5Ig

What?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Seems like a good thread to post about CAT tourniquets and chest seals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAosp6c2no

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Salon is still a thing? Wowza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Butterwagon posted:

Seems like a good thread to post about CAT tourniquets and chest seals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAosp6c2no

It's good stuff, good for sharing.

You really have to drill on a real person to get a feel for it, can ask them when it's too tight, when it starts hurting, overdo it for a sec and check the capillary refill and all that.

If you are a bit broken in the brain you can give yourself a puncture or laceration in a not critical place (try to do it in places that will be covered by clothes) and do self aid, see how the blood flow and poo poo works, then clean up and take care of the wound.

Harder to work on yourself but if you can do that, other people are way easier.

I'd also add to keep a tampon or two in your trauma kit. For plugging holes in a real nasty situation. Never had to do that, but apparently it works. And have been able to toss ladies an assist on the DL if they are in a pinch. And hey, if you're too scared to buy it from the cashier, self checkout everywhere. The machine won't judge you. Yet.