Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I kinda loved the tv show. It was good schlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

He didn't call the police because he was trying to stop him not give him a job

The dad was the chief of police tho

E: and in a completely shocking coincidence,the abusive dad's brother/uncle to the abused girl was the head of CPS, I guess Henry really did have no choice but to make his mom become a skilled assassin overnight, instead of snapping some pix and then anonymously sending them to the newspaper or TV station, or even just putting them on the Internet for all to see

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 8, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The dad was the chief of police tho

E: and in a completely shocking coincidence,the abusive dad's brother/uncle to the abused girl was the head of CPS, I guess Henry really did have no choice but to make his mom become a skilled assassin overnight, instead of snapping some pix and then anonymously sending them to the newspaper or TV station, or even just putting them on the Internet for all to see

Drats I am undone. Henry really was a genius and I the dumbass

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

I kinda loved the tv show. It was good schlock

It helps that the lead was a much more likable person than the movie version and had a lighter tone

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

That’ was a great and accurate representation of smart characters. As soon as he gets smart, he quits being a writer and starts playing the stock market/flashing money to get laid

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

watching Miami Vice (2006) because it's on hbomax. never saw it, heard people disliked it and I can see why.

however it's nice to vibe to. I like the grainy look and odd angles, I like when Colin Farrell randomly stares out the window at the sea mid-conversation and the camera shows it from his perspective. life has weird moments like that

great film

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The limitless drug is just cocaine

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It's Adderall, OP

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Jon Irenicus posted:

so if the first Joker was smashing together Taxi Driver and King of Comedy what are they gonna do for the second one

Ghost rider 2 + crank 1 and 2

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jon Irenicus posted:

so if the first Joker was smashing together Taxi Driver and King of Comedy what are they gonna do for the second one

Killer Klowns from Outer Space and I Spit On Your Grave

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Jon Irenicus posted:

Batman (1989) and The Dark Knight

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Second joker movie is just gonna be the aviator, filmed line for line from the original script, but Joaquin Phoenix will wear clown makeup the whole time

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Usu Kai Ken posted:

Folie ŕ deus - a delusion or mental illness shared by two people in close association. Interesting. Didn’t think we’d get to see the Joker face off against da Jokah Baby so soon.

Worried it might be a Harley reboot because of this.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

https://twitter.com/resnextguesser/status/1534596133506252800?s=21&t=ncXoSDmOtk-GnZWX1mK2fQ

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
there's no way Todd Phillips would make a lame, unnecessary sequel to his hit film

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

can’t describe how much I hate that Joker film. It’s one of the most artless pieces of poo poo I’ve ever seen

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Can one of you goons start a new change.org petition that Jared Leto actually say "It's morbin' time" in Morbius 2, I am on my phone.

I know a Disney snitch hang out in this thread, I am not sure Sony can afford any.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

can’t describe how much I hate that Joker film. It’s one of the most artless pieces of poo poo I’ve ever seen

i hated it. i know why people like it, but deep down inside i dont fully understand why. i dont want to be an rear end in a top hat to people in itt who liked it but its a “smart” movie for people who are either stupid or have not seen much film

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
2 Jokes Y Serious is going to be a mashup of Goodfellas and Shutter Island with Da Jokester living out his life as a mobster and then it's revealed Tony Fat Fingers and Vinnie The Club are actually his psychiatrists, and his wife Marie was Dr. Quinzel and she got a little too into the roleplaying therapy.

Hollywood, call me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i hated it. i know why people like it, but deep down inside i dont fully understand why. i dont want to be an rear end in a top hat to people in itt who liked it but its a “smart” movie for people who are either stupid or have not seen much film

No, you pretty much nailed it. It's the "I'm a serious film" equivalent of dudes putting on a fedora and a really ill fitting suit and thinking they're Dapper 1960s man.

It's like you technically got all the pieces together, the melodramatic name actor, a societal issue, some kind of message, a dramatic score, all the things you know a SERIOUS film should have. But it's so sloppy and it doesn't fit and you don't even realize you look like a dumb rear end in a top hat.

I mean it's ok for a punchman movie. Solidly upper middle of the pack. But that's really not saying much. As a movie movie, it's pretty lame.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, dgaf

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally saw Goodfellas. I am slightly more angry at MCU fans than I was before I saw it.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Joaquin Phoenix won an Oscar for playing the Joker lmao. I haven't seen the film but this is still funny to me, conceptually.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Jon Irenicus posted:

Joaquin Phoenix won an Oscar for playing the Joker lmao. I haven't seen the film but this is still funny to me, conceptually.

He did a good job op.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Heath posted:

He did a good job op.

in the weeks before the movie came out every respectable news media claimed that the movie's conception and execution would tear apart the fabric of society. then they give it a bunch of awards cause it rips off older Hollywood films. this is funny to me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I haven’t seen Joker either and have no interest to, I figured it was the self indulgent wankery that it sounds like it is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kingo Ligma posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed it, dgaf

I'm happy for you

It's okay to like things

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jon Irenicus posted:

in the weeks before the movie came out every respectable news media claimed that the movie's conception and execution would tear apart the fabric of society. then they give it a bunch of awards cause it rips off older Hollywood films. this is funny to me.

"This movie is going to cause mass shootings!!!!!"

Then it came out and the message was a Hollywood-safe "the rich are bad (if they're corrupt) and we should probably do something about mental health care maybe" milquetoast lib message.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The Anime Liker posted:

Then it came out and the message was a Hollywood-safe "the rich are bad (if they're corrupt) and we should probably do something about mental health care maybe" milquetoast lib message.

Joker was such a sad sack in that movie, he wasn't going to inspire poo poo. I didn't care for Joker either, but Willem Dafoe said he'd do a sequel where he plays an imposter Joker vs Joaquin and yeah I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

The Anime Liker posted:

Turns out you dont need a movie to have mass shootings in america. Who knew.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

All those news outlets were loving stoked to have a new Batman shooting to talk about and it never happened. Poor little guys :(

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Gutcruncher posted:

All those news outlets were loving stoked to have a new Batman shooting to talk about and it never happened. Poor little guys :(

the trick to stopping mass shootings is to predict them incessantly

all the joker shooters got annoyed and were like "c'mon, I wanted it to be a surprise! you're ruining it for me!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

They were jamaicans you degenerate. Now who's the racist

Welp, after my brain let me down on details of a film I havent seen in like 20 years, no choice but to start calling films woke and getting upset because women are shown allowed to speak without being spoken to.

Tonight's topic: Should Carrie have suffered more for her sins in this life vs. She should have died earlier so she could writhe in eternal torment sooner

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Space Kablooey posted:

OOhhh BoH it's this garbage of a movie. I already hate anything with kid geniuses in it (except dexter's lab), but I hate this even harder.
On one hand the precocious kid genius dies, on the other hand his presence is felt throughout the movie regardless

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
So like, were all these news outlets supposedly claiming that the Joker would lead to mass shootings actually real or was it like maybe one talking head on twitter comparing the joker to mass shooters or what and then places like this thread ran with it and started a meme about " crazy liberal media claims the Joker will lead to shootings". Because I don't remember this moral panic at all. Seems more like a moral panic about a fake moral panic if you ask me SMH.

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
Like I'm specifically asking for articles claiming this stuff.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cannibal Llama posted:

Like I'm specifically asking for articles claiming this stuff.

How about this, top result for "joker 2019 fears of mass shootings":

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/joker-movie-fears-mass-shooting/

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 9, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Barudak posted:

Welp, after my brain let me down on details of a film I havent seen in like 20 years, no choice but to start calling films woke and getting upset because women are shown allowed to speak without being spoken to.

Tonight's topic: Should Carrie have suffered more for her sins in this life vs. She should have died earlier so she could writhe in eternal torment sooner

drat, sorry. If it makes u feel better i like your doom tag

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Cannibal Llama posted:

So like, were all these news outlets supposedly claiming that the Joker would lead to mass shootings actually real or was it like maybe one talking head on twitter comparing the joker to mass shooters or what and then places like this thread ran with it and started a meme about " crazy liberal media claims the Joker will lead to shootings". Because I don't remember this moral panic at all. Seems more like a moral panic about a fake moral panic if you ask me SMH.

Interesting. So you’re saying there was a misinformation campaign then? Perhaps a single individual was responsible. Some sort of agent of chaos. Some kind of… joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Cannibal Llama posted:

"You guys are all dummies and liars" says person to stupid to use Google, while puffing on bubble pipe, so stupid he is actually inhaling the soapy mixture with each puff.