Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I will admit that some of that optimism is more an internal Hail Mary that we aren't going to loving die under the hubris of the worst pieces of scum possible.

I will also admit it might be a coping mechanism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Has anyone been following the revelations about Paul Mason that have just been published by the Grayzone? If even half of it's true, the man's a total lunatic lol.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Pistol_Pete posted:

Has anyone been following the revelations about Paul Mason that have just been published by the Grayzone? If even half of it's true, the man's a total lunatic lol.

Grayzone is usually nonsense so I'm trying not to believe it's true, only to have my hopes dashed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/daily_hate_mail/status/1534797220008042498

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah the Grayzone also claimed that Abby Thorne and Shaun_vids were MI5 assets paid to ... undermine covid disinformation.

Not to say that Mason isn't likely to be bugfuck nuts but I'd take it with a pinch of salt when the messenger are fash.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Whoever drew that chart, whether it's Mason or Grayzone or Grayzone pretending to be Mason or MI69 leaking Mossad pretending to be Mason to Grayzone or whatever, it's evidence of some deeply disturbed thinking somewhere.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Whoever drew that chart, whether it's Mason or Grayzone or Grayzone pretending to be Mason or MI69 leaking Mossad pretending to be Mason to Grayzone or whatever, it's evidence of some deeply disturbed thinking somewhere.

So you’re saying it’s an UKMT poster?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Mason wrote a very carefully worded 'I've been hacked' disclaimer that did not deny the veracity of the contents so I'm inclined to believe he's nuts, regardless of greyzone being loonies too.

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1534451268541992962/photo/1

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao that is an amazing response, "everything they said may or may not be true but if you believe it it would make me look like an idiot which means putin wins so you shouldn't do that"

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

OwlFancier posted:

lmao that is an amazing response, "everything they said may or may not be true but if you believe it it would make me look like an idiot which means putin wins so you shouldn't do that"

The 'may have risked exposure of sources' bit if anything confirms the content is correct even.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The version of the image had Diane Abbott as part of the Muslim conspiracy.

Also been having some more fun with dall-e mini

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

StarkingBarfish posted:

The 'may have risked exposure of sources' bit if anything confirms the content is correct even.
If I was one of the sources that failed to draw a line between Jeremy Corbyn and Stop the War or Diane Abbott and the Black community I'd be worried about being leaked, mostly out of embarrassment.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SIR BEER STOUTMER https://twitter.com/Alan_McGuinness/status/1534805634796986368

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's how you know when you need to clean the line.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/thekafkadude/status/1534663593295241216?s=21&t=tmC0TPlS1-3859_wxp3WSw

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Seems that nobody told him if you go from Hizb ut-Tahrir to Christian fascism you're not actually an 'ex-jihadist', you've just changed religion.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

feels weird to be on the same page as the average British voter:

https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1534829739474567169?s=20&t=lPoiSw-SM0YV79AcGKe7Kw

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not sure he opposes much at all, for opposition's sake or otherwise. That's part of the problem.

lol at
https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1534829750530752512
"hmm yeah between the small but real chance of radical change or the same pricks that have been grinding the country down since 2010 at minimum, guess I'll vote tory."

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

drat, looks like Starmer is just too much of a radical hard-leftist to get any traction with voters. We need somebody more sensibly centrist!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Also been having some more fun with dall-e mini

Same. It's loving incredible.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Yes but what about archie battersbee and he brain stem

He body decaying

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hmm the British public keep feeding back that they think all our relatable salt of the earth centrists are disgusting reptiles. Interesting *pulls lever, another clammy swollen faced man in a tight suit oozes out like a Mr whippy*

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Jesus Christ.

https://twitter.com/paperwhispers/status/1534529948790280192?s=21&t=tmC0TPlS1-3859_wxp3WSw

For context, the Wellcome Trust is the UK's main scientific research charity, and the fourth-richest charity in the world (its current net worth is just below thirty billion). It typically spends a billion pounds on scientific grants and other charitable activities per year.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Disaggregating figures for Black researchers given funding would reveal that his name is Paul and he went to school with one of the directors.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

TACD posted:

drat, looks like Starmer is just too much of a radical hard-leftist to get any traction with voters. We need somebody more sensibly centrist!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10898627/PETER-HITCHENS-Revolutionary-past-gives-lie-notion-Keir-Starmer-moderate.html

The Daily Mail posted:

The British public have been given little reason to doubt the official story that Sir Keir is a respectable 'moderate' who will do nothing radical. The Tory Party think they can risk letting him into Downing Street.

Well, you just wait.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

What about terry schiavo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
So starmer is like a triple agent?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ash Crimson posted:

What about terry schiavo

she'd be better but iirc she's not an MP and therefore can't lead the party

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

But aren't like half the No 10 advisors to Blowjob former Revolutionary Communist Party members?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Starting to think this Peter Hitchens guy might be a tad deranged.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

But aren't like half the No 10 advisors to Blowjob former Revolutionary Communist Party members?

Oh, Peter doesn't like them either. He's what Jacob Rees Mogg thinks he is, a genuine throwback to 19th century Tory paternalism. loving freak.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Except for wearing masks and kneeling in prayer, he hates both of those.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I swear to gently caress, 75% of his publicity photos are him holding pints.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Except for wearing masks and kneeling in prayer, he hates both of those.

And the clocks going back/forward.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Not sure he opposes much at all, for opposition's sake or otherwise. That's part of the problem.

Funnily enough I think this is the root of the ‘he opposes for the sake of opposing’, he doesn’t fundamentally disagree with the government on anything so any disagreement just comes across as nitpicking on technical points

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Disaggregating figures for Black researchers given funding would reveal that his name is Paul and he went to school with one of the directors.

Incidentally, I did some rough maths based on the percentage of the UK population that's black and the median pricetag for a research grant. In a world of perfect racial equality, the Wellcome Trust would be giving out an average of 90-100 grants to black scientists per financial year. That seems a fair distance above the threshold required for anonymity, no?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I was going to say something like "Keir Starmer opposes the government not having him in it" but i'm not even particularly confident about that

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Part of the problem will be that the proportion of black people applying for research grants will not be representative of the general population, because of inequality throughout the academic career path.

Funders can't award grants to people that don't apply.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lmao the next Labour leader will be one of the Tory party defects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

happyhippy posted:

I swear to gently caress, 75% of his publicity photos are him holding pints.
and the glasses are always full or nearly full; i fully believe the man's never actually drunk a pint

unless it's whiskey from a teacup during office hours